The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

NB Cloak`Broke

Skullderic
Skullderic
✭✭✭
So, every skill getting use is pulling me out of Stealth. Even if someone is light attacking swinging a sword, Its hitting me pulling me out.
Any News about this crap? Fixes, Etc.
I can't be the only one this is happening to, Rite?
Gert Soem!!
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Skullderic wrote: »
    So, every skill getting use is pulling me out of Stealth. Even if someone is light attacking swinging a sword, Its hitting me pulling me out.

Nope, happening to me too. In the patch notes it said for example that the bow ulti would no longer continue hitting you if you are in stealth, but low and behold it does, and so does every other ability.
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah a NB in bg said this is happening to them, I have been stunned out of dodge roll and my blastbone 100% will chase down night blades
  • 1mirg
    1mirg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish i could tell you that they are aware and will fix it. But NB Shadow line is one of the most under developed skill line in the game. I've been asking for them to buff Cloak for Years because as it stands with all of these other skills players have access too. The "Shadow Cloak" and it's morphs are just to borked to use as everything will pull you out of Stealth and plus you gotta recast the thing every 2 seconds to maintain your invisibility. It also doesn't help that a decent portions of skills for the shadow line pretty much rely on that skill as well, effectively causing issue for more then just 1 skill as a result.

After so many patches and nerfs to the NB class, i'll be real, i'm not even sure what the developers want a NB player to play like. Do they want us to be stealthy or not?
    ┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤ ⅽ[ː̠̈ː̠̈ː̠̈] ͌ ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴
  • theadriel
    theadriel
    ✭✭
    Oh wow. I thought I was just imagining things!!! But yeah my cloak is broke as well!!! No wonder I keep getting pulled out of invis...
  • WilliamESO
    WilliamESO
    ✭✭✭
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WilliamESO wrote: »
    They just used detect pots stop whining Get good it is 2020 everyone got stacks of detects pots or run anti cloack skills check my channel if you want to see real 1vX solo stamNB

Not really, cuz once you do manage to cloak they lose you.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've been reading that both invisibility and protection are not working correctly, meaning both morphs are messed up.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually you only get pulled out of cloak if the attack was cast before you cloaked. Thats why any pet is chasing you down no matter how long you cloak. Especially annoying with Blastbones that just follows you everywhere and the Warden bear that does the same, till it has hit you once.
    A very special girl

PC|EU
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skullderic wrote: »

Same happening to me. Pretty much just parked my NB in a crafting hub and gave up.

Doesn't matter what it is, seemingly almost everything pulls me out. Constantly. LA/HA, ST skills, even out of range AoEs somehow, also pets seem to completely ignore the fact that stealth even exists.

It's highly unresponsive too. All skills seem to be. It's like when you press the button it takes the server a decade to realize you did.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When cloak is your top defense as a NB, this has got to be frustrating. Hoping this gets fixed ASAP (and then rolled out to console after it's patch just as quickly).

You could guarantee Wrobel would have rolled the servers back if this happened to his NBs under his watch! Though it does feel like NBs have made there way back to the middle of the pack since his departure.
  • Kawiki
    Kawiki
    ✭✭✭

I will be honest, I gave up on my Stamblade in PvP for now. It's glitcy and really under performs when compared to other classes. I'll be the first to admit it's partially an L2P issue but the other classes I played I am almost always near or at the top the charts in damage/points.

You can still gank a completely unsuspecting player in Cyrodil but beyond that it's almost next to useless in BGs. Though I have had some success stealing relics and running like the wind.

I'm sure there are some that can make it work but I'd bet the majority of those players would completely dominate on another class or have been playing NB for a long time.

The thing I really don't get, and I'm only two months in at this point, is that there are skills in basic weapon lines that surpass the NB equivalent.
  • Vicinia
    Vicinia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hahahahaha Seriously Frig Cloak, Hope it takes em month's to fix.

Such a scumbag thing to say. It's one of their class defining skills, and means of survivability.

Just because you have trouble with NBs, doesn't mean their skill should be broken. Before you even say it, I'm not a NB main.

"I can't counter something so it should stay broken." That's how goofy you sound 😂
    Edited by Vicinia on March 2, 2020 7:53PM
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At a time like this, I am glad my mag NB isn't a cloaking one...
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vicinia wrote: »

Such a scumbag thing to say. It's one of their class defining skills, and means of survivability.

Just because you have trouble with NBs, doesn't mean their skill should be broken. Before you even say it, I'm not a NB main.

"I can't counter something so it should stay broken." That's how goofy you sound 😂

I don't think they care. Stealth apparently pisses everyone off in this game more than any other game ever made in the history of the universe.
  • JayJayIsSoJay
    JayJayIsSoJay
    ✭✭
    Yups, I'm having the same issue, I thought I was mad but it's actually bugged. Blastbones for instance, are hitting me even tho I'm cloaked for a long time, literally ignoring invisibility. Lightning staff's heavy attack ticks still pull a cloaked player out of stealth but now it seems like even light attacks from any sort of weapon are breaking invisibility.
  • Vicinia
    Vicinia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »

I don't think they care. Stealth apparently pisses everyone off in this game more than any other game ever made in the history of the universe.

It used to *** me off but I rolled a NB to understand the class and drank a L2P potion so I'm good 🤷🏾‍♀️

Is it annoying? Yeah. Can you counter them? Yeah. I swear some people want every class to play the same, how boring would that be? It's one of the few unique class abilities out there, I'd hate to see my NB friends go without it.

Wanting a class ability to not work for months is the lamest ish I've ever read on this forum.
  • Lybal
    Lybal
    ✭✭✭
    They just used detect pots stop whining Get good it is 2020 everyone got stacks of detects pots or run anti cloack skills check my channel if you want to see real 1vX solo stamNB

This is clearly bug and some stuff pulls you out of stealth even if it's not suppose to, it have nothing to see with detect pots, I have myself broke stealth multiple times even tho I don't have a single AOE ability and didn't use detect pot + multiple players tested this on PC where the patch is live.

Btw, I'm still curious to see a reaction from you to my posts on the french forum, it'd be nice to calm down with your ego and stop taking every opportunity just to advertize your channel and claim that you're the best.
    Edited by Lybal on March 3, 2020 12:47AM
    Out of this game, tired of horrible performance and a lot of changes.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Donny_Vito wrote: »
    When cloak is your top defense as a NB, this has got to be frustrating. Hoping this gets fixed ASAP (and then rolled out to console after it's patch just as quickly).

You could guarantee Wrobel would have rolled the servers back if this happened to his NBs under his watch! Though it does feel like NBs have made there way back to the middle of the pack since his departure.

I have changed my nb to have several defensive abilities, even then tho, its beyond frustrating trying to hit someone in stealth, or at alll for that matter, and have to COUNTDOWN until your abilities hit. This is unacceptable. And then when your burst fails miserably, even with race against time, with the shadow passive to speed, you just get pulled out from ANYTHING thats being fired, even if its WAY out of range.
    Edited by TheFM on March 2, 2020 10:08PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Something isn’t broken, it’s part of the patch. If someone uses a single target ability where you are it’ll hit you in cloak.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    242504-photo_12378.gif
  • Lybal
    Lybal
    ✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Something isn’t broken, it’s part of the patch. If someone uses a single target ability where you are it’ll hit you in cloak.

The only thing about stealth in the patchnote is this :
    Fixed an issue where using a single target charge, leap, or teleport ability would not remove targets from stealth or invisibility while you had a detection potion active.
    First, it's not talking about single target abilities, but single target gapcloser, second, it was only meant to fix the bug about the fact that gapcloser don't hit you even if the user had a detect pot.

Now, gapcloser hit even without detect pot, that's not what the change was suppose to do, on top of that, other stuff also seems to break stealth, I don't use any gapcloser and still reveal Nbs when they stealth, without AOE, without detect pots, that's clearly wrong, even tho it doesn't seem clear when I break it and when I don't.

They tried to fix a bug but created even more of them, the usual.
    Edited by Lybal on March 2, 2020 10:45PM
    Out of this game, tired of horrible performance and a lot of changes.
  • Austinseph1
    Austinseph1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another annoying gameplay style bites the dust? GG on this change zos :D
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    On console so of course I can look forward to this. Probably be the next DLC before we see this fix...sweet.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

That's very very dumb. Might as well remove cloak at this point.
  • Thedragonlolitucker
    Lybal wrote: »

This is clearly bug and some stuff pulls you out of stealth even if it's not suppose to, it have nothing to see with detect pots, I have myself broke stealth multiple times even tho I don't have a single AOE ability and didn't use detect pot + multiple players tested this on PC where the patch is live.

Btw, I'm still curious to see a reaction from you to my posts on the french forum, it'd be nice to calm down with your ego and stop taking every opportunity just to advertize your channel and claim that you're the best.

what are u talking abt williameso is well known best stamblade all platforms :PP
  • Thedragonlolitucker
    Lybal wrote: »

what are u talking abt williameso is well known best stamblade all platforms :PP

every class is op on console kek
  • Curious_Death
    Curious_Death
    ✭✭✭✭✭

as always one word:

MARVELOUSLY

:star::star::star::star::star:
  • Nyladreas
    Nyladreas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nyladreas wrote: »

It used to *** me off but I rolled a NB to understand the class and drank a L2P potion so I'm good 🤷🏾‍♀️

Is it annoying? Yeah. Can you counter them? Yeah. I swear some people want every class to play the same, how boring would that be? It's one of the few unique class abilities out there, I'd hate to see my NB friends go without it.

Wanting a class ability to not work for months is the lamest ish I've ever read on this forum.

Well don't quote me on it then. Cause I agree with you. It's lame, and I love my Nightblade above all other classes the most. Yet, as of now, my NB is just a pure crafter and nothing else. It broke my heart so much that I don't even do anything else on it anymore (yeah it's my top main).
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NB is in a pretty bad spot right now and on top of that their core skill is bugged...

Just LOL... :joy::'(:/:(:disappointed:
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on March 3, 2020 9:35AM
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My DK never liked cloak
This discussion has been closed.