Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

cloak is bugged

Thedragonlolitucker
Getting pulled out often by single target abilities, gap closers pull you out 100 percent of the time.
Is this a bug or a new feature xd.
  • MusCanus
    MusCanus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they'll be able/willing to fix it, than it's a bug, if not, a feature.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL... :joy::'(:|:/:(:disappointed:
  • Daffen
    Daffen
    ✭✭✭✭
    You are most likely getting detected from a detection potion someone is using. The stealthed player dont know he is detected amd still shows as hidden even of hes not. This is to prevent stealthed players to know they are detected from pots because detection pots are supposed to be a counter to cloak.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MusCanus wrote: »
    If they'll be able/willing to fix it, than it's a bug, if not, a feature.

sadly that is the truth.
  • Thedragonlolitucker
    Daffen wrote: »
    You are most likely getting detected from a detection potion someone is using. The stealthed player dont know he is detected amd still shows as hidden even of hes not. This is to prevent stealthed players to know they are detected from pots because detection pots are supposed to be a counter to cloak.

its not detect pots m8
  • butterrum222
    butterrum222
    ✭✭✭
    More people are using detect pots nowadays than I’ve ever seen
  • Thedragonlolitucker
    More people are using detect pots nowadays than I’ve ever seen

its not due to pots i experience it also on other nbs i ult and while my ult is going off it hits them in cloak and pulls them out
  • Millz
    Millz
    ✭✭✭
    It was in the patch notes, gap closers are suppose to pull you out of stealth now
    Brenhji
    PC NA - 400 cp
    (Retired) XBOX NA - 1006 cp

---Say no to standardization---
  • Decimus
    Decimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Millz wrote: »
    It was in the patch notes, gap closers are suppose to pull you out of stealth now
    Fixed an issue where using a single target charge, leap, or teleport ability would not remove targets from stealth or invisibility while you had a detection potion active.

...maybe you misread the patch note.

Gap closers pull people out of stealth even when the person gap closing is not using a detection potion, I tested this with a friend using various gap closers yesterday.

I.e. if you were to spam your crit rush button, the NB target of that crit rush wouldn't be able to cloak at all.

This is not a new bug, but rather a reoccurring one; gap closers used to pull people out of stealth many, many years ago and it took months of forum posts to actually get it fixed.
    Edited by Decimus on February 27, 2020 9:07PM
    PC/EU @ DECMVS
  • Thedragonlolitucker
    Decimus wrote: »
    Fixed an issue where using a single target charge, leap, or teleport ability would not remove targets from stealth or invisibility while you had a detection potion active.

Gap closers pull people out of stealth even when the person gap closing is not using a detection potion, I tested this with a friend using various gap closers yesterday.

I.e. if you were to spam your crit rush button, the NB target of that crit rush wouldn't be able to cloak at all.

This is not a new bug, but rather a reoccurring one; gap closers used to pull people out of stealth many, many years ago and it took months of forum posts to actually get it fixed.

not even just gap closers just get pulled out by regular single target as well
  • mariuszeb17_ESO5
    mariuszeb17_ESO5
    ✭✭✭
    Decimus wrote: »

not even just gap closers just get pulled out by regular single target as well

ZOS does a great job as always, why fix bugs before releasing new DLC. It will sell anyway.
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Cloak doesnt seem to provide minor protection anymore🤮

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Gato12
    Gato12
    ✭✭
    Caltrops is a nice tool, wonder why it is so rarely used
  • Thedragonlolitucker
    Gato12 wrote: »
    Caltrops is a nice tool, wonder why it is so rarely used

why would anyone slot caltrops except for blocking off open breaches just use a detect pot m8
  • Titain
    Titain
    ✭✭✭
    a damage over time will break cloak. any aoe will break cloak. if you are to close to someone it will break cloak. 3 seconds is all cloak gives. and the main reason for cloak is not to hide it is to give your the critical hit. You have crouch to hide you, but once you are with in 6 meters relying on cloak, you may be asking to much. cloak will hide you if you go into crouch, and are out of range of the skills meant to un-cloak you.
    I think you are asking a little to much if you feel cloak will save you from being spotted after 3 second, at close range.
    you do know expert hunter, mage light, and reveling flare will not allow you to cloak at all?
    Next you have Dark cloak, one of the weakest heals of any class.

Seems if Zos keeps going they will nurf the NB out of existence.

• Thedragonlolitucker
    Titain wrote: »
    a damage over time will break cloak. any aoe will break cloak. if you are to close to someone it will break cloak. 3 seconds is all cloak gives. and the main reason for cloak is not to hide it is to give your the critical hit. You have crouch to hide you, but once you are with in 6 meters relying on cloak, you may be asking to much. cloak will hide you if you go into crouch, and are out of range of the skills meant to un-cloak you.
    I think you are asking a little to much if you feel cloak will save you from being spotted after 3 second, at close range.
    you do know expert hunter, mage light, and reveling flare will not allow you to cloak at all?

its basically just singletarget abilities pulling u out now
  • Thedragonlolitucker
    Titain wrote: »

its basically just singletarget abilities pulling u out now

not even close range trying to get away from 15 meters and getting pulled out by force pulse
  • Thedragonlolitucker
    class actually feels unplayable rn i get pulled out everytime for no reason dont even want 2 play lul
  • sproattt
    sproattt
    ✭✭✭
    Happens all the time, I think there's specific sets out there take you out of stealth now.

Detect pots are the main contributor as they also let you re enter stealth but are instantly detected. Cloak has been buggy since Summerset, don't know if OP has had any issues with health desynchronization with cloak as well?

What other issues has cloak been making?
    Stamblade Main.
  • Salthy
    Salthy
    ✭✭✭
    Cloak is a 100% bugged at the moment. The only reason why you don't see millions of complaints is because nobody plays nightblade anymore.

Played magblade yesterday, and encountered the following:

- Some single target skills will just break cloak, even when you're well out detect potion range
    - Gapclosers will break you out of cloak, this has been confirmed in the class discord

PC EU - NO CP / CP camp | Stamplar & Magblade
  • Thedragonlolitucker
    sproattt wrote: »
    Happens all the time, I think there's specific sets out there take you out of stealth now.

Detect pots are the main contributor as they also let you re enter stealth but are instantly detected. Cloak has been buggy since Summerset, don't know if OP has had any issues with health desynchronization with cloak as well?

What other issues has cloak been making?

not detect pots literally every encounter i have with an enemy i constantly get pulled out by single target abilities its just been since this patch, dueling some friends i also always pull them out with incaps and surprise attacks