The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ZOS any intent to address the RNG issues from this event?

• Ozby
    Ozby
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for this reason I only got the berry gave up on the pet. + lost 2 days of tickets cause I kept forgetting they drop off any mob not just bosses.
    PC NA
    Aurora Bravepaw (Healden), Basks in Fire (DKTank), Bran Artlion (Magplar), Brindel Seedthorne (Stamden WW), Brugo Gargak (Stamcro), Casimir Delmar (StamDK), Falco Bastion (Stamsorc), Fus Ro Dah (Stamplar), Gandalff the Gay (Petsorc), Jo-Qinan Betula (Magden), Laveera Hex (Magcro), Raine Whitestag (Stamden), Raised by Bears (Wardentank), Ralak Rotheart (Healcro), Selene Sunshadow MagDK), Shadow Mirage (NBTank), Slythe Rattlebone (Healplar), Ulfnor Dragonslayer (Tankcro).
  • ZOS_Volpe
    ZOS_Volpe
    admin
    Greetings all,

We have recently removed some non constructive and inappropriate commentary. We would like everyone to keep posts on the subject at hand, civil, and constructive.

Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only way they will address it is that you'll be able to get the fragments next year
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    The only way they will address it is that you'll be able to get the fragments next year

assuming that event comes back next year. we did establish that its not a guarantee for these DLC events.

one way they CAN adress it is go back to a model of tradable fragments for jesters event and beyond. and potentially bring back murkmire fragments for anniversary celebration.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

assuming that event comes back next year. we did establish that its not a guarantee for these DLC events.

one way they CAN adress it is go back to a model of tradable fragments for jesters event and beyond. and potentially bring back murkmire fragments for anniversary celebration.

Yes I agree all future events should go back to tradable pieces. The Murkmire event rng was bad and highly unfair to a lot of players. Killing 100s of extra mobs with no extra boxes dropping was not worth the effort. It clearly was designed to push people to buy tickets in the crown store.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes I agree all future events should go back to tradable pieces. The Murkmire event rng was bad and highly unfair to a lot of players. Killing 100s of extra mobs with no extra boxes dropping was not worth the effort. It clearly was designed to push people to buy tickets in the crown store.

yep. that was my impression, TBH. there IS a chance they thought they were trying to be helpful and reduce amount of bagspace being taken up by event items. but then again, we had a smaller patch WITH download during the event. (i don't mean the game redownload, there was another patch after) why not use that to adjust rng? there was still time.

not to mention, it made event much more solitary. trading is a social activity that was lost in a process of "trying to save bagspace, while nudging less lucky players in a direction of a crown story with more insistence" I personaly would rather delete unwanted fragments.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
  • Contaminate
    Contaminate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how ZOS deleted comments because they point out that there’s absolutely no reason besides money-milking for their changes to full RNG untradable rewards.

They sure do let the white knights say whatever they want though. Imply everyone who would rather earn their rewards than depend on rolling the dice and getting lucky is somehow lazy and wanting handouts? That’s fine by ZOS as long as the poster defends their predatory marketing
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love how ZOS deleted comments because they point out that there’s absolutely no reason besides money-milking for their changes to full RNG untradable rewards.

Eh, I doubt that's what was deleted and why. I've made more than a few posts railing about this new exploitation and as far as I'm aware haven't had any posts taken down for it. Posts get taken down when they are not in keeping with the forum rules and I've seen no indication moderators are abusing their power to remove content that shouldn't be removed.

In any case, I would not expect any sort of official response to this issue. When video game publishers get called out on predatory monetization, they don't own up to their behavior and issue a legitimate apology to their customers. What they usually do is stay silent and wait for it to blow over, because they know that unless there is sustained rage, it won't impact their bottom line (which is ultimately all they care about). Or they may release some PR drivel that avoids taking any responsibility for exploiting their customer base or claims it's something the customers wanted. It's what Zenimax did with Fallout 76, so I fully expect it here.
  • Contaminate
    Contaminate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Starlock wrote: »

Eh, I doubt that's what was deleted and why. I've made more than a few posts railing about this new exploitation and as far as I'm aware haven't had any posts taken down for it. Posts get taken down when they are not in keeping with the forum rules and I've seen no indication moderators are abusing their power to remove content that shouldn't be removed.

In any case, I would not expect any sort of official response to this issue. When video game publishers get called out on predatory monetization, they don't own up to their behavior and issue a legitimate apology to their customers. What they usually do is stay silent and wait for it to blow over, because they know that unless there is sustained rage, it won't impact their bottom line (which is ultimately all they care about). Or they may release some PR drivel that avoids taking any responsibility for exploiting their customer base or claims it's something the customers wanted. It's what Zenimax did with Fallout 76, so I fully expect it here.

Given my comments literally just invited defenders to list one single reason behind such a change that wasn’t profit-related, I’d have to disagree.
  • Synaki
    Synaki
    ✭✭✭
    1) Everything in the game is based on luck, just like every other MMO. It doesnt help your argument it hurts it.

The last event was Midyear Mayhem nothing was bound and you could freely trade them. It didnt change the attitudes of people then or now it just shows that a certain portion of the player base wants everything served to them as easily as possible.

2) If you can't manage to figure out how to maximize your tickets that's your problem not ZOS's. They give you tons and tons of chances to get the mementos.

3) The drop rate is irrelevant for extra boxes. They are meant to be low and they don't have to give them out at all. B as used on the past events/forum posts it isnt any different than the rest.

4) k lol

1) midyear mayhem was great, murkmire event was shite
    2) There is no secret way to "maximize tickets". You can get 3 tickets per day, that's it. That is not enough to get more than 1 of the prizes reliably, even if you go into the event with spare tickets and get tickets every day including the few hours of the last day.
    3) It is not irrelevant, yes I get it is working as intended and it stinks.
    4) lol
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Synaki wrote: »
    1) Everything in the game is based on luck, just like every other MMO. It doesnt help your argument it hurts it.

The last event was Midyear Mayhem nothing was bound and you could freely trade them. It didnt change the attitudes of people then or now it just shows that a certain portion of the player base wants everything served to them as easily as possible.

2) If you can't manage to figure out how to maximize your tickets that's your problem not ZOS's. They give you tons and tons of chances to get the mementos.

3) The drop rate is irrelevant for extra boxes. They are meant to be low and they don't have to give them out at all. B as used on the past events/forum posts it isnt any different than the rest.

4) k lol

2) There is no secret way to "maximize tickets". You can get 3 tickets per day, that's it. That is not enough to get more than 1 of the prizes reliably, even if you go into the event with spare tickets and get tickets every day including the few hours of the last day.
    4) lol

1) the point of MM was that the items weren't bound but people still had the exact same complaints about the event being predatory, low RNG, etc. but the items were tradeable.
    2) You can hold 12 at a time, so yes you do want to maximize your tickets. it's not just about 3 per day, you save them up XD
    3) It doesn't matter if you think it "Stinks" because it doesn't, it looks like they had the same drop rate as any other rare item
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

4) k lol

4) lol

this person is really bad at math. because he thinks its possible to "maximize your tickets" despite mathematical impossibility of buying 80 tickets worth of event rewards for best case scenario 51 tickets. he also denies that there are multiple people for whom the rest of the fragments did NOT drop enough to fill in the gaps left by not having enough tickets to buy everything. after all... he didn't have bad drop rates, that means everyone else must be lying or something.

and the irony of talking about maximizing tickets while also talking about using them to get rewards which more often then not for a good number of people means, they are going into next event with no tickets left over. oh right, i forgot, the only experience that matters is their own. everyone else is just exaggerating. /sarcasm

gaslighting for the win! /more sarcasm

my suggestion would be to no longer engage this person directly. they are not worth it. they do not want to listen. all the want to do disagree with anyone that doesn't share their opinions or experiences.
    dirty worthless casual.
  • L2Pissue
    L2Pissue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I destroy the fragments and dont bother with this *** anymore, just enjoy the group play
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

4) k lol

4) lol

this person is really bad at math. because he thinks its possible to "maximize your tickets" despite mathematical impossibility of buying 80 tickets worth of event rewards for best case scenario 51 tickets. he also denies that there are multiple people for whom the rest of the fragments did NOT drop enough to fill in the gaps left by not having enough tickets to buy everything. after all... he didn't have bad drop rates, that means everyone else must be lying or something.

and the irony of talking about maximizing tickets while also talking about using them to get rewards which more often then not for a good number of people means, they are going into next event with no tickets left over. oh right, i forgot, the only experience that matters is their own. everyone else is just exaggerating. /sarcasm

my suggestion would be to no longer engage this person directly. they are not worth it. they do not want to listen. all the want to do disagree with anyone that doesn't share their opinions or experiences.

This person ignores me and yet has to answer every post I put up because they don't understand how the event works.

80 tickets is assuming you got 0 fragments at all, which is a lie no one has claimed to have gotten 0 fragments from the event. The only way they can justify their complaint is buy completely making up a scenario that only they have the answer to, it's not how it or life works.

You can maximize your tickets value, that's insane to think you can't. If you really wanted the memento or the pet you had more then enough tickets at the minimum to buy either one. That is getting the max value out of them. Assuming you had to buy all those fragments that leaves you with 13 days with potential of at least double fragment drops to get 6 fragment pieces. People had more than enough chances if you do the actual math and not made up math.

Before anyone mentiones the 3rd berry, this was the 2nd, event of the quarter. That means you have 2 more events to earn all your berries and it means buying the berry this time was a luxury. I've seen a lot of complaints that people missed things by a fragment or 2 but bought the berries. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I wonder what costs the equivalent of that XD. Maximize your event tickets and you maximize your experience and you'll never have to give zos your $$$.

Maximizing your tickets means making sure you get what you want from the event by spending your tickets efficiently. I'm sorry that sometimes you can't go into every event with max tickets but that's just not how life works and no amount of childish /sarcasm is going to change that. Maybe if you grew up and had an adult conversation you'd better understand how this works. You don't like my answer because you only want "experiences" that echo what you want to hear.

How am I gaslighting you on an internet forum? Like do you understand what that word actually means? You can go back and look at everything I say in text, there's no possible way for me to gaslight you. The only reason you think this is happening is because you have to use so many inconsistent arguments you can't keep them straight.

We're also not on reddit, so if you could grow up and not indirectly insult me and use crap like /moresarcasm that'd be great. I'm pretty sure ESO and the forums is for 17+
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before anyone mentiones the 3rd berry, this was the 2nd, event of the quarter. That means you have 2 more events to earn all your berries and it means buying the berry this time was a luxury. I've seen a lot of complaints that people missed things by a fragment or 2 but bought the berries. Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm I wonder what costs the equivalent of that XD. Maximize your event tickets and you maximize your experience and you'll never have to give zos your $$$.
    Wrong. It is second event sure but there will be only one event this quarter, the jester's event with the 4th berry. Next in April there will be anniversary event covering the 2nd quarter and the new Icebreath indrik (with new berries).
    Exactly. There may be no ZOS next year. There may be no player next year. There may be no ESO next year. And there may be no Murkmire event next year since there was no Clockwork event in 2019.
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Olauron wrote: »
    Wrong. It is second event sure but there will be only one event this quarter, the jester's event with the 4th berry. Next in April there will be anniversary event covering the 2nd quarter and the new Icebreath indrik (with new berries).
    Exactly. There may be no ZOS next year. There may be no player next year. There may be no ESO next year. And there may be no Murkmire event next year since there was no Clockwork event in 2019.

THANK you. this was third berry and next event - is the last one. next event also has a collectible pet that is also in 7 fragments as per pts. which means those of us actualy PLANNING our ticket purchases and collecting minipets, including event specific ones - have to keep in mind that we have to have/earn enough by the end of that event to be able to get that last berry AND the pet. tickets have been a lot tighter lately vs amount of event rewards that could be purchased by tickets. items being not tradable means you cannot rely on filling the gaps through trading anymore. this means... those of us with crappy rng can NOT afford to add 10 extra tickets worth of time limited purchase to even with already tight margins.
    dirty worthless casual.
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean 1 event that you know of, you even say yourself that you don't know what ZOS will do. Either way the berry is optional to the event, you didn't need to get it for the event rewards.

If there might be no game next year why is everyone crying about event rewards they'll never get to see/use
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I mean 1 event that you know of, you even say yourself that you don't know what ZOS will do. Either way the berry is optional to the event, you didn't need to get it for the event rewards.

If there might be no game next year why is everyone crying about event rewards they'll never get to see/use

Because (i) "wait a year, you can get it then" feels like the developer is trolling the players, and (ii) if the game does go under, it would have been nice to have been able to get the rewards before then.

Oh wait, you're one of the persons arguing semantics and trolling these threads who apparently find it too difficult to understand that when people play games for entertainment they actually like any potential rewards to be realistically achievable without playing the game like it's a second job, or being milked for every last penny, or, in the case of this event, both.
  • Olauron
    Olauron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

THANK you. this was third berry and next event - is the last one. next event also has a collectible pet that is also in 7 fragments as per pts. which means those of us actualy PLANNING our ticket purchases and collecting minipets, including event specific ones - have to keep in mind that we have to have/earn enough by the end of that event to be able to get that last berry AND the pet. tickets have been a lot tighter lately vs amount of event rewards that could be purchased by tickets. items being not tradable means you cannot rely on filling the gaps through trading anymore. this means... those of us with crappy rng can NOT afford to add 10 extra tickets worth of time limited purchase to even with already tight margins.
    Also remember that since the next event will be the last with current berry it will also be event to buy as many new feathers as possible to get new Nascent indrik.

The only thing that matters is having fun now. Player can have fun with full pet or full memento. Player has zero fun with useless parts of pet or memento that player may or may not complete later and as such player may or may not have fun with them later. Why should player invest his time now to maybe get some fun a few years later?

And even if every part of event (company, game, player) will remain when the event will come some other year there will be another reward that will compete with previous reward. Like we had both New Life and Deep Winter writs this January. As a result there will be even less chances to finish something unfinished and even more chances to get something incomplete and useless.
    Edited by Olauron on March 5, 2020 5:02PM
    The Three Storm Sharks, episode 8 released on january the 8th.
    One mer to rule them all,
    one mer to find them,
    One mer to bring them all
    and in the darkness bind them.
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just do the event, you're not planning your ticket purchases because you don't know what there will be to purchase. The event won't be out for a couple of weeks. It's not about it being fragments being bound either

you can farm it all year, not just once a year and I'm still not a fan of heavy rng aspect/not everyone gets loot of simulacrum thing.

just because other events did something similar, does NOT mean its a good thing.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6563604#Comment_6563604

slow or hard is one thing. rng based - is a whole other story. getting indrik evolution is slow. getting vet HM achievements is hard. trying to beat rng? that's just annoying and frustrating.

there is no reason for these motifs not to work at the very least the same way as acquiring arena gladiator outfit, for example. time consuming and involved, but guaranteed as long as you make an effort and take your time.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6562790#Comment_6562790

I used excess tickets I had after buying both berries and having no more space for feathers - to buy chest, shoulders, pants and boots - the biggest, most noticeable pieces.
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6601209#Comment_6601209

The last event was farmable, tradable, and none of the Legion zero pieces were bound. There's still the same people complaining about the same thing regardless of the event, how it's run, and how the event is rewarded. They want everything handed to them and they will complain and cry no matter what
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Also remember that since the next event will be the last with current berry it will also be event to buy as many new feathers as possible to get new Nascent indrik.

The only thing that matters is having fun now. Player can have fun with full pet or full memento. Player has zero fun with useless parts of pet or memento that player may or may not complete later and as such player may or may not have fun with them later. Why should player invest his time now to maybe get some fun a few years later?

And even if every part of event (company, game, player) will remain when the event will come some other year there will be another reward that will compete with previous reward. Like we had both New Life and Deep Winter writs this January. As a result there will be even less chances to finish something unfinished and even more chances to get something incomplete and useless.

and to repeat, cause it bears repeating. there is no guarantee that murkmire event is coming back next year, or even if it does - it will have the same rewards.

P.S. i wish ignore would make nonsense you no longer wish to waste your time on completely invisible instead of merely grayed out.
    dirty worthless casual.
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »

Because (i) "wait a year, you can get it then" feels like the developer is trolling the players, and (ii) if the game does go under, it would have been nice to have been able to get the rewards before then.

Oh wait, you're one of the persons arguing semantics and trolling these threads who apparently find it too difficult to understand that when people play games for entertainment they actually like any potential rewards to be realistically achievable without playing the game like it's a second job, or being milked for every last penny, or, in the case of this event, both.
    daemonios wrote: »

A) Because that's how all events work. If you went to something like a carnival and spent your time and money on games if you don't win do you yell at the workers because you didn't get the prize? Do you write letters to McDonalds because you had 2/3 monopoly pieces and that you put in the effort so you should get the rewards anyways? No, you don't because that's not how they work and this is no different.

B) The game's not going to go under but that's the only scenario your scare tactics work in "oh but but the game might not even be here." It will, calm down.

Oh wait, you're one of the persons arguing semantics and trolling these threads who apparently find it too difficult to understand that when people play games for entertainment they actually like any potential rewards to be realistically achievable without playing the game like it's a second job, or being milked for every last penny, or, in the case of this event, both

LOL so I'm a troll but my experience is the one you're describing which is the average player's experience. Yeah, ok man, you can't label everything you don't like trolling, eventually you have to deal with reality.

So far from what I've seen people really wanted the mementos and missed them by a fragment or 2 and also opted to buy berries instead. You can't always get what you want and the berries will be there next event and at the end of the year. I only got 1 strongbox a day and bought 0 event tickets so it can very much be done, you just don't want to hear it.
  • xaraan
    xaraan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was the first event where, despite coming in with full tickets and doing what I needed to do every single day of the event and using tickets to buy fragments, not just depending on drops, that I was unable to collect the pieces to get the reward.

I would have had to buy tickets in order to buy the fragments with tickets. And no, I'm not doing that.

Money -> Crowns -> tickets -> fragments -> momento.

How many more layers of fake currency are we going to put in the game to cover up how horrible things have gotten with RNG, grinding, and horrible corporate greed?

I really miss the days when it was Money -> Crowns -> Item you want (even though IMO it should be Money -> Item and fake currency (corporate script) requiring you to buy more of it than you need for a purchase should be illegal in games). Or, god forbid, making items earn-able in game.
    Edited by xaraan on March 5, 2020 6:13PM
    -- @xaraan --
    nightblade: Xaraan templar: Xaraan-dar dragon-knight: Xaraanosaurus necromancer: Xaraan-qa warden: Xaraanodon sorcerer: Xaraan-ra
    AD • NA • PC
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So far from what I've seen people really wanted the mementos and missed them by a fragment or 2 and also opted to buy berries instead. You can't always get what you want and the berries will be there next event and at the end of the year. I only got 1 strongbox a day and bought 0 event tickets so it can very much be done, you just don't want to hear it.

You are correct, if I'd forgone purchasing the third berry, then I could have purchased the last fragment I needed without buying two tickets from the cash shop. Of course then in the next event, I would be having the same complaint, assuming they do the same RNG non tradeable crap they pulled this time.

I really don't understand your *** to white knight this practice, it's a bad mechanism combination for an event, it shuts out some of your playerbase from acquiring the event rewards, which is not an unreasonable expectation. I began this thread with the assumption that this was an outlier and unintentional on ZoS part. I was hoping they'd address it with a Mea Culpa and either take steps to help out the players who had terrible RNG (like myself) or at least post an assurance that they would not do RNG non trade fragments in the future as it can result in players being unable to REASONABLY acquire the rewards offered in the event.

My actions and expectations were completely reasonable and I am unclear why you don't feel similarly. I've played this game off and on since September of 2013 and everyday since 2017 when I cam back full time, this is the first time I've felt abused by the mechanics they put in place.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Exactly. It's a gimme gimme gimme attitude and it's very negative to have in the game.

Because the whole game is about time investment, like do you actually play the game? Why should you invest time leveling now so you can have fun later doing trials? Why should you invest in getting skyshards now so you can have skill points later? Why should you invest in crafting now so you can craft later? It's not an argument, you're supposed to have fun during the event by playing the event. You have a CHANCE at getting the rewards and that's all the guarantee is just like any other event, that's it.

And????????? If they didn't add more item's there would also be complaints that it's the same rewards, the game's dying, zos doesn't care about its playerbase. It doesn't seem to matter what happens. The writs were tradeable/sellable too so they're easily achievable and since you don't know what the future holds for zos next year's event if it happens could be writs based or something not bound.
  • Arunei
    Arunei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

No
    And why not? Besides, you saying 'no' doesn't mean anything, because aside from the Apple-Bobbing Cauldron, all the other Collectibles broken into fragments are tradeable. Even you can't deny that making only a very select number of Collectibles that are broken into fragments and can only be gotten at specific times of the year go into the Fragments tab, when all others of that nature go into your inventory, is a cash grab when the chances of getting those fragments from RNG is so horrible.

Also you're assuming we're going to see the Murkmire event next year, but there's no guarantee that will happen. There are already a few other celebration events we haven't seen in a while, so there's every chance we won't see the Murkmire event returning next year, or ever again.
    Character List [RP and PvE]:
    Stands-Against-Death: Argonian Magplar Healer - Crafter
    Krisiel: Redguard Stamsorc DPS - Literally crazy Werewolf, no like legit insane. She nuts
    Kiju Veran: Khajiit Stamblade DPS - Ex-Fighters Guild Suthay who likes to punch things, nicknamed Tinykat
    Niralae Elsinal: Altmer Stamsorc DPS - Young Altmer with way too much Magicka
    Sarah Lacroix: Breton Magsorc DPS - Fledgling Vampire who drinks too much water
    Slondor: Nord Tankblade - TESified verson of Slenderman
    Marius Vastino: Imperial <insert role here> - Sarah's apathetic sire who likes to monologue
    Delthor Rellenar: Dunmer Magknight DPS - Sarah's ex who's a certified psychopath
    Lirawyn Calatare: Altmer Magplar Healer - Traveling performer and bard who's 101% vanilla bean
    Gondryn Beldeau: Breton Tankplar - Sarah's Mages Guild mentor and certified badass old person
    Gwendolyn Jenelle: Breton Magplar Healer - Friendly healer with a coffee addiction
    Soliril Larethian- Altmer Magblade DPS - Blind alchemist who uses animals to see and brews plagues in his spare time
    Tevril Rallenar: Dunmer Stamcro DPS - Delthor's "special" younger brother who raises small animals as friends
    Celeroth Calatare: Bosmer <insert role here> - Shapeshifting Bosmer with enough sass to fill Valenwood

PC - NA - EP - CP1000+
    Avid RPer. Hit me up in-game @Ras_Lei if you're interested in getting together for some arr-pee shenanigans!
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Exactly. It's a gimme gimme gimme attitude and it's very negative to have in the game.

Because the whole game is about time investment, like do you actually play the game? Why should you invest time leveling now so you can have fun later doing trials? Why should you invest in getting skyshards now so you can have skill points later? Why should you invest in crafting now so you can craft later? It's not an argument, you're supposed to have fun during the event by playing the event. You have a CHANCE at getting the rewards and that's all the guarantee is just like any other event, that's it.

And????????? If they didn't add more item's there would also be complaints that it's the same rewards, the game's dying, zos doesn't care about its playerbase. It doesn't seem to matter what happens. The writs were tradeable/sellable too so they're easily achievable and since you don't know what the future holds for zos next year's event if it happens could be writs based or something not bound.

If you don't have anything constructive to add, I wish you'd troll elsewhere rather than insulting and characterizing folks like myself as being gimme gimme gimme, when all we are asking is that event rewards be achievable from playing the event.

Whether folks complained about the last event or not is immaterial, I didn't complain about that event, I was a little annoyed with the opal items, as I had to purchase a lot of them for gold, but given the number that wasn't unreasonable. I am complaining about this event, Murkmire, and it alone. I am complaining ONLY about having RNG non tradeable fragments, nothing else.

If you think that combining RNG with non tradeable is a good idea, well, we will have to agree to disagree. I would just appreciate it if you would refrain from negatively characterizing the folks that had terrible RNG, or insulting or insinuating that they did something wrong or had unreasonable expectations, because they absolutely didn't.
    --- HuntGod ---
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arunei wrote: »

No
    And why not? Besides, you saying 'no' doesn't mean anything, because aside from the Apple-Bobbing Cauldron, all the other Collectibles broken into fragments are tradeable. Even you can't deny that making only a very select number of Collectibles that are broken into fragments and can only be gotten at specific times of the year go into the Fragments tab, when all others of that nature go into your inventory, is a cash grab when the chances of getting those fragments from RNG is so horrible.

Also you're assuming we're going to see the Murkmire event next year, but there's no guarantee that will happen. There are already a few other celebration events we haven't seen in a while, so there's every chance we won't see the Murkmire event returning next year, or ever again.

Wasn't the cauldron originally tradeable? I could swear I still have some parts of it in my guild bank. I didn't realize it had been made untradeable. Yeah I just checked it was definitely tradeable at some point.
    --- HuntGod ---
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arunei wrote: »

No

Wasn't the cauldron originally tradeable? I could swear I still have some parts of it in my guild bank. I didn't realize it had been made untradeable. Yeah I just checked it was definitely tradeable at some point.

as far as i know - its still tradable. the only thing that was changed for last event is that you used to be able to combine all pieces into a runebox that you could trade rather then individual fragments. you can no longer make runeboxes, instead you consume individual fragments and they are added to your fragment UI. its not as good as runeboxes IMO, but its still tradable.

P.S. the events have been gradually edging closer and closer into having terrible rng that makes it difficult to complete for a while now. removing trading aspect is just the latest change. anyone remember how relatively common wormcult motifs were during first anniversary they were added? and how rare they have become during the next one? I wish i had seen the writing on the wall as clearly all the way then.
    dirty worthless casual.