The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

ZOS any intent to address the RNG issues from this event?

• huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sylvermynx wrote: »
    I wasn't interested in the Murkmire event so don't have any input to offer. However, I'll be seeing what happens in the Jester event, and if it's not improved from what has been stated in this thread (and by players I know IRL who were pretty disgusted for the most part), I won't be messing with Jesters either.

I do really want the Icebreath Indrik (um - I forget - IS that its name? Not in game right now). But if I have to do stuff I'm not going to find fun, well - I'll do without. I've got Nascents, Dawnwood, Onyx and Pure Snow. I'll get to be happy with those.

Well the nightmare scenario is needing 10 tickets for berry, 5-10 tickets for indrik pet and if they do the same RNG non tradeable on fragments that could be another 35 tickets with terrible luck. Out of a possible 24 tickets available.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Radiance wrote: »
    That Slime PET cost 5 Tickets less than an Indrik MOUNT! Let that sink in.

It costs 5 tickets less than a NASCENT indrik mount.
    A special morphed Indrik costs 40 for berries AND 40 for the Nascent required to morph. That's 80.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wasn't interested in the Murkmire event so don't have any input to offer. However, I'll be seeing what happens in the Jester event, and if it's not improved from what has been stated in this thread (and by players I know IRL who were pretty disgusted for the most part), I won't be messing with Jesters either.

I do really want the Icebreath Indrik (um - I forget - IS that its name? Not in game right now). But if I have to do stuff I'm not going to find fun, well - I'll do without. I've got Nascents, Dawnwood, Onyx and Pure Snow. I'll get to be happy with those.

Well the nightmare scenario is needing 10 tickets for berry, 5-10 tickets for indrik pet and if they do the same RNG non tradeable on fragments that could be another 35 tickets with terrible luck. Out of a possible 24 tickets available.

I'm not much into the indrik pets. I have a dawnwood and a pure snow, that's really all I care about. To get the next indrik, I need 30 tickets each on two accounts PC EU, and one account PC NA; and 36 tickets on the other PC NA account. Not horrible, but I'm not buying any with crowns this time.... so.... (Yeah, I caved and bought some during the pvp stuff last year as I don't pvp....)
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I caved and bought some during the pvp stuff last year as I don't pvp....)

You don't have to PvP to get the rewards.

Go into a dead campaign in off peak, pick up a scouting mission, scout the objective. Sit on the quest until the event comes around. It's a bit boring, but chances are you'll be lucky to even see another player, plus the nice part about the scouting missions are that you can then suicide off the objective guards back to your gates.

You can only have one scouting mission per character, but you can have many characters....
  • huntgod_ESO
    huntgod_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    I caved and bought some during the pvp stuff last year as I don't pvp....)

You don't have to PvP to get the rewards.

Go into a dead campaign in off peak, pick up a scouting mission, scout the objective. Sit on the quest until the event comes around. It's a bit boring, but chances are you'll be lucky to even see another player, plus the nice part about the scouting missions are that you can then suicide off the objective guards back to your gates.

You can only have one scouting mission per character, but you can have many characters....

I'd usually just do a town hub mission, those were always quick and even on an active field you usually have at least one accessible to your faction.
    --- HuntGod ---
    Officer of the Unrepentant
    www.unrepentantgaming.com
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't even know we had an event.
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, just wanted to confirm we've read this thread and seen your feedback on the event. We are taking this into account for future events, starting with the Jester's Festival coming later this month.

On a related topic...

For years we players have had our negative feedback receive treatment that might be best described as "cold stare from a tired clerk on the other side of thick soundproof security glass".

The recent Gilliam video explaining not only the changes to blocking but also the particulars behind the changes really changed that interaction. Instead of the typical silence, it was more like Gilliam was on the couch with me. It made it so much easier to understrand, and also made it simple to explain to others. So there was that, and now we get a timely acknowledgement of a complaint that doesn't sound like it was formulated by some expensive suit from the legal department...

What's happening at zeni hq? Did someone dose the water cooler with vodka? Did someone ship the overseer in charge of non-fun to australia?

Whatever it was, I like it.
    Edited by Cryptical on March 6, 2020 7:07AM
    Xbox NA
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You're never going to get a Mea Culpa

Oh, really? :wink:

• Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »

You're never going to get a Mea Culpa

Oh, really? :wink:

I'm not sure you understand what a Mea Culpa is. There's a difference between I'm sorry I did something wrong and we'll change it a bit next time so the same 5 people stop bombing the forums. See you on day 1 of the jesters event after they've changed it and it doesn't have fragments but they bottom out the drop rate on all of us like they always do XD
  • tim99
    tim99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    my point of view is, that there shouldn't be such bad rng and no fragment-loot at all for a lot of days in TIME-LIMITED events.
    There is enough (bad) rng in the game and they can put in even more if they feel the player needs more. But at least you can return there everytime and grind/farm again. Not on time-limited events so.

Event are meant to be fun, so if you participiate in it every day in its period, you should be easily able to complete all the rewards.
    Tickets in crown shop may be used as backup plan for someone who dont want/can join in the event every day but still wants to complete everything and also dont wanna spent gold for it in guild traders (obviously this option was deleted as well this event).

For me it was so disappointing this time (the changes on drops, rng in drops, rng in the content of these drops, nearly no second boxes at all, not tradeable...) that is reduced my desire to play the game at all for a massive amount. Thats not a threat or something like that, its just the way how it affected me. With more than 10 hours playtime each day for the last years, i have hardly logged in since the event (and no, its not a typical mmo-burnout... i do some housing when i get this ^^).

I really hope, ZOS is listening to the players this time and realize, they pushed it beyond the line for the majority of players, and the old eso-feeling comes back. Watching YT get always so weird after a couple hours... you watch clips and ask yourself a bit of shocked: "how the hell did i get here?"