Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Ps4 bluescreens, lag and skill delay since February

• CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xandreia_ wrote: »
    dotme wrote: »
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/513588/2-crashs-in-10-minutes-4-in-1-hour-good-job

Wow... Cyrodiil on PC might just be turning into a dumpster fire following today's PC DLC update.

This doesn't exactly fill me with hope or confidence. Historically, these sort of issues can take several weeks to patch on consoles. I'm feeling a bit nervous for the March 10th update on PS4 now. It's possible things could go from bad to worse...

:'(

I saw this too, its infuriating how little ZOS cares about the state of the game and now with PC catching a little taste of what us console players deal with maybe they will have to actually address it!

It baffles me how we are told to submit feedback yet no one at ZOS is making an official announcement/post addressing it.

Arent community managers meant to manage the community? Where are they?

Do you really expect a ZOS-employee to officially come out and say "Well, we're terribly sorry, but we really botched this big time!" They're not exactly known for admitting to their mistakes, especially - as AgaTheGreat correctly pointed out - when it comes to consoles. Because, as sad as it is, they just don't care all that much about us compared to the PC population. Every once in a while someone from ZOS comes in here and posts some form of update, but some real acknowledgement of how unbelievably bad this situation is? Nope.

I actually wasn't able to play for a week or so now, and then I come to the forums and check this thread, and, despite my better judgment, still feel a bit let down by what I find. All the more so because I had already expected things not to have changed for the better. It really is disheartening.

We get 1 comment saying "submit tickets" the guild I'm in sent hundreds in a week, and no one has heard anything, theres been no response on forums.. at this point I honestly have no idea why we bother lol

That's exactly the thing. It's basically been like this from the beginning, when the blue screens first started to be an issue months ago. All we got were messages from time to time telling us that some patch or other would come "next week", which usually never made anything better. Whereas on PC, after all the problems and bugs that happened with patch 25 they start to investigate right away!

I don't even have the words to describe how unfair this is, since we pay the same exact money PC users do, but honestly I'm also tired of hoping this attitude will change, because it won't, no matter how upset we are, how often we tag ZOS in here or how many tickets we submit. By now this just feels like a complete waste of energy.
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

Options
  • Xandreia_
    Xandreia_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_SarahHecker @ZOS_RichLambert are you guys going to keep ignoring an entire platform or can we actually get something done about the dire state of ps4 performance? There is hundreds of console players telling you the issues, you have a vast array of issues handed to you that need to be fixed and have needed to be fixed for years!! If you can investigate issues with pc, start doing that with console!!
    Options
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't even have the words to describe how unfair this is, since we pay the same exact money PC users do...
    We pay more, technically, since a PSN subscription is also required to play ESO. Looking at reports this morning, sounds like PC Cyrodiil had no bars in any campaign last night.

It's unbelievable to me the number of times ZOS has trashed their own game. Literally years and years of one thing after another in PvP. We've dealt with infinite load screens whenever you ported or respawned. Then we had mid-combat screen freezes. Both those lasted months and required a total re-log every time.

More recently it's been the constant blue screens, and now we all lag so bad we can't even walk through a keep door without pressing "X" 5 times. If this is replaced on March 10th with the new, every-10-minute crash that they're seeing right now on PC followed by a "Hey, we'll fix it in the next update" it might be time to put a fork in it.

When PvP in this game is working, it's simply amazing. ZOS should be proud and commended for bringing something this ambitious to consoles. But Cyrodiil hasn't worked correctly for quite a long time now and if they had the ability to fix it, they would have done so by now.
    PS4NA
    Options
  • Xandreia_
    Xandreia_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dotme wrote: »
    I don't even have the words to describe how unfair this is, since we pay the same exact money PC users do...
    We pay more, technically, since a PSN subscription is also required to play ESO. Looking at reports this morning, sounds like PC Cyrodiil had no bars in any campaign last night.

It's unbelievable to me the number of times ZOS has trashed their own game. Literally years and years of one thing after another in PvP. We've dealt with infinite load screens whenever you ported or respawned. Then we had mid-combat screen freezes. Both those lasted months and required a total re-log every time.

More recently it's been the constant blue screens, and now we all lag so bad we can't even walk through a keep door without pressing "X" 5 times. If this is replaced on March 10th with the new, every-10-minute crash that they're seeing right now on PC followed by a "Hey, we'll fix it in the next update" it might be time to put a fork in it.

When PvP in this game is working, it's simply amazing. ZOS should be proud and commended for bringing something this ambitious to consoles. But Cyrodiil hasn't worked correctly for quite a long time now and if they had the ability to fix it, they would have done so by now.

I've said this before, sadly there is nothing like eso on console, so that's the reason we still play it, that and also the social aspect and getting all your friends to agree on a new game to play is a nightmare. ZOS know this and I feel that's partly the reason we get ignored, eso would be an amazing game and worthy of that "best mmo" title if only they would listen to their player base on all platforms and fix accordingly. It seems pc can get "investigated" while we put up with all the bugs without fixes, it's sad!
    Options
  • nolangrady
    nolangrady
    ✭✭✭
    How many more years of this before people finally realize that these issues will never be fixed. It’s not a matter of can it be fixed, rather it’s a matter of do they want to spend the resources to fix the game. A decision was made (in my opinion) that the game will live and die by the crown store. Look at the last few “DLCs”. Each year content is smaller in scale with a few hooks such as a new class or vampire lord this year. With a large price tag for these add-ons and the plethora of limited time crown offers, there is no incentive for ZOS to fix any of this. Finally, when was the last major update with content to PVP since BGs were introduced? And don’t get me started on the promises made by Rich....

I have played since launch on PC and recently moved on because I just got tired of the lies and horrible treatment of their customers. I can’t even imagine how bad it must be for console players. I waited for years to see the game I love brought to a better state of stability but it became evident that was never going to happen. I hope things get figured out for all of you console players I really do because the game has always had promise.
    Options
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've barely been playing the past couple weeks since the lag started. I know a handful of people who un installed the game. It looks like zos isn't going to respond and we will have to wait till the update for any patch at all. I'm not sure I'll still have the game installed that long either
    Options
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not going to be popular, but after MM my guild moved to Laat to help player get emp, but ended up staying as the whole experience was much more fun - very little lag, very few blue screens and some really good pvp fights that make the game so great.

Kaal is still a lag/fest blue screen nightmare though......🤣
    Options
  • Xandreia_
    Xandreia_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hallothiel wrote: »
    Not going to be popular, but after MM my guild moved to Laat to help player get emp, but ended up staying as the whole experience was much more fun - very little lag, very few blue screens and some really good pvp fights that make the game so great.

Kaal is still a lag/fest blue screen nightmare though......🤣

We could all move over to Laat and create the lagfest 🤔
    Options
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_SarahHecker you told us to sum it tickets and you havent fixed or said anything. This past year has been an absolute *** show on console T B H. When necro dropped in June it took you guys MONTHS to nerf the bash build. Pc got a fix in like 2 weeks...

Then in November when the next dlc dropped we had endless blue screens. They were so severe in PvP my group of 12 friends would collectively blue screen about 60x within 3 hours. That also took you months to even acknowledge and patch. Finally got a patch in feb. now the skill delay is so severe we can barely even do anything in PvP.

PvP is a massive community of people weather you zerg all day or play solo or doesn’t matter, we are all having this insane lag problem. No abilities are even going off, players taking no damage. This is fine for you guys?

Can you actually use a ps4 streamer to give you feedback? All you host and add to the stream team is pc questers.

You guys at zos are well aware that ur the top MMO because nothing else gives you competition. Some of us have been playing this game since day one release, it’s about time to actually acknowledge us. Giving ur self a wicked bad reputation
    Options
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    RedGirl41 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_SarahHecker you told us to sum it tickets and you havent fixed or said anything. This past year has been an absolute *** show on console T B H. When necro dropped in June it took you guys MONTHS to nerf the bash build. Pc got a fix in like 2 weeks...

Then in November when the next dlc dropped we had endless blue screens. They were so severe in PvP my group of 12 friends would collectively blue screen about 60x within 3 hours. That also took you months to even acknowledge and patch. Finally got a patch in feb. now the skill delay is so severe we can barely even do anything in PvP.

PvP is a massive community of people weather you zerg all day or play solo or doesn’t matter, we are all having this insane lag problem. No abilities are even going off, players taking no damage. This is fine for you guys?

Can you actually use a ps4 streamer to give you feedback? All you host and add to the stream team is pc questers.

You guys at zos are well aware that ur the top MMO because nothing else gives you competition. Some of us have been playing this game since day one release, it’s about time to actually acknowledge us. Giving ur self a wicked bad reputation

I agree stop asking for feedback and tickets and spend a few minutes in cyro and you will see the problems. The population keeps dwindling please take action before we finally get fed up and move on to other games.
    Options
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sent in some more tickets today, any news on fixed console or pc?
    Options
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sanctum74 wrote: »

I agree stop asking for feedback and tickets and spend a few minutes in cyro and you will see the problems. The population keeps dwindling please take action before we finally get fed up and move on to other games.

They should be doing this without us asking...
    If they did bugs would get discovered and fixed much more timely. Not to mention they wouldn't have these wild crazy swings in balance like we do now. They'd have an actual grasp on the game and how things actually work.... smh
    #losinghope
    Options
  • dmar613
    dmar613
    ✭✭✭
    The silence is golden like always with console, I want to personally say every mod and communty manager who read this thread and did not reply with something substantial, is foul for that, just keep it real with us.

like this... "hey guys the update that is coming to console will not fix the performance issues that everyone is experiencing, we are not prioritizing this issue as high as we should. due to this expect at least another 2 weeks after u25 update to stabalize the servers due to us not wanting to pay for the streamlined patching process, just the standard 2 week cert process because it is not a big issue.

Even then, server side performance optimization will not come until later this year, and it is unknown if it will fix the issue for console because we do not test for console."

it is what it is at this point.
    4th Grand Overlord For DC Xbox One. 123,486 pvp kills Crip from the Sexy Time Slayers aka Leaps of Dreamz
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, PC players are getting frequent updates over their Cyrodiil performance issues... When will we receive an update, eh, community managers? Is PVP on console just a lost cause as far as the dev team is concerned?

I miss playing this game, but I’m never going to re-download it until you can deliver a working product. :/
    Options
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They're probably hoping the next update will fix console issues but based on how it's going for PC, we're doomed
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t want this thread to slip off the main page and get ignored in amongst all of PC’s performance concerns....

How about an update, huh? Will the next console patch be the one that PC currently has, even if a fix is delivered to PC prior to our patch release date? And if we do get PC’s broken patch, how many weeks of constant crashing in Cyrodiil should console players expect to endure?
    Options
  • Xandreia_
    Xandreia_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    I don’t want this thread to slip off the main page and get ignored in amongst all of PC’s performance concerns....

How about an update, huh? Will the next console patch be the one that PC currently has, even if a fix is delivered to PC prior to our patch release date? And if we do get PC’s broken patch, how many weeks of constant crashing in Cyrodiil should console players expect to endure?

If we get the broken patch, it's going to take months for them to "fix it", the game is already on a downward spiral on console and if they push out a broken patch, it may just kill it completely.

Alot of players on ps4NA have left after 4+ years plaything this game because it simply doesnt work.

ZOS has had all the issues basically handed to them with full explanations of what is happening yet we get absolutely no communication while PC get several replies in the matter of a few hours!

It's so infuriating with how poorly the console community is treated by the developers. We get silenced and posts shut down for "baiting" and as it said in a previous post, "starting a petition" lol
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If we get the broken patch, it's going to take months for them to "fix it", the game is already on a downward spiral on console and if they push out a broken patch, it may just kill it completely.

Alot of players on ps4NA have left after 4+ years plaything this game because it simply doesnt work.

ZOS has had all the issues basically handed to them with full explanations of what is happening yet we get absolutely no communication while PC get several replies in the matter of a few hours!

It's so infuriating with how poorly the console community is treated by the developers. We get silenced and posts shut down for "baiting" and as it said in a previous post, "starting a petition" lol

Agreed. It’s very discouraging. :/
    Options
  • stamcro
    stamcro
    ✭✭✭
    Still no update. Wow. We’re all in this together guys don’t give up.
    Options
  • stamcro
    stamcro
    ✭✭✭
    Does zos even monitor this stuff anymore or they just watching from the pc side of things
    Options
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stamcro wrote: »
    Does zos even monitor this stuff anymore or they just watching from the pc side of things

Of course they see it, people in here tag them all the time, they probably just choose to ignore it. I don't know, maybe I'm just being overly cynical about this, but to me it feels like whenever someone posts about the atrocious state of PS4, ZOS goes: "Oh boy, here we go again. I really wish these guys would just shut up, can't they see we have bigger problems right now?"

And then they go back to dealing with PC.
    This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

Options
  • Xandreia_
    Xandreia_
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course they see it, people in here tag them all the time, they probably just choose to ignore it. I don't know, maybe I'm just being overly cynical about this, but to me it feels like whenever someone posts about the atrocious state of PS4, ZOS goes: "Oh boy, here we go again. I really wish these guys would just shut up, can't they see we have bigger problems right now?"

That's the thing, console is a huge part of their player base, you would think we would have some sort of reply by now, all we get is "we're looking in to it" lol
    Options
  • stamcro
    stamcro
    ✭✭✭

Yea I’d say a bit cynical. You haven’t heard of the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I guess we all could just let it go. Not say anything. Not let them know when the product they are selling us isn’t working at all...

If no one speaks up then nothing would have a reason to be changed.

Options
  • AgaTheGreat
    AgaTheGreat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That recent Godslayer achievement video on xBox proved again how effed up eso on PS4 is.

Everybody who does end game regularly and goes into VSS knows that it can go two ways - either everything is OK-ish and you don't experience too much lag or fps drops, and you see add spawns... OR it can go really badly and you have freezes, adds on the last boss are invisible, animations are invisible... We literally have the worst performance out of all three platforms.

Fron November to that February patch it was a given that at least ONE PERSON is going to blue screen in that trial. For more than three months, the entire PS4 end game community was prevented from progging this trial for Godslayer and even to this day you can easily fail because of delayed add spawn on the last boss. Everyone who I run with loves this game, but all this just makes us extremely frustrated.
    PS4 EU Aga_The_Grey - retired | PC EU AgaTheGreat
    Options
  • Hotdog_23
    Hotdog_23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No mention of consoles is a little concerning to me, but the main problem is with the PC where the last update was released. I can see the PS4 go to hell in a handbag when the next update comes out.

Because I have no faith in ZOS to have the fixes in time for launch on console in place in time for the certification process. Especially if the process takes 2 weeks. With the possible fix coming next week for PC that leaves to little time for consoles. Makes be think we are screwed when the next update hits.

This is also why I think PS4 cannot yet buy the next chapter. Sony will not let them sell it because Sony is getting all the crash reports as well as ZOS.
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hotdog_23 wrote: »
    No mention of consoles is a little concerning to me, but the main problem is with the PC where the last update was released. I can see the PS4 go to hell in a handbag when the next update comes out.

Because I have no faith in ZOS to have the fixes in time for launch on console in place in time for the certification process. Especially if the process takes 2 weeks. With the possible fix coming next week for PC that leaves to little time for consoles. Makes be think we are screwed when the next update hits.

This is also why I think PS4 cannot yet buy the next chapter. Sony will not let them sell it because Sony is getting all the crash reports as well as ZOS.

TBH, I’m surprised Sony hasn’t shown ZOS the door. The sheer volume of crash reports from ESO compared to other games must be obscene.

I remember reading from a post from a mod recently that stated ZOS’s QA team does not actually test the stability of their updates on actual consoles. All testing is done on PCs. Given that 2/3 of the ESO player is on console, this seems... I dunno, unwise? Like cutting corners?
    Options
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously still no acknowledgement of the issues on ps4 yet pc gets near immediate responses. We also still have no information on what's going on with greymoor's availability. Why is it that a third of the playerbase continuously gets shafted like this?
    Options
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭

Yea I’d say a bit cynical. You haven’t heard of the squeaky wheel gets the grease. I guess we all could just let it go. Not say anything. Not let them know when the product they are selling us isn’t working at all...

I agree they probably are annoyed cuz I personally tag them daily but we been having problems since November. Pc has a chaotic update for 3 days and Gina acknowledges that post. Remember when we had to deal with bash builds in pvp for months and pc for a hot fix for the ulti nerf? Crazy world
    Options
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree they probably are annoyed cuz I personally tag them daily but we been having problems since November. Pc has a chaotic update for 3 days and Gina acknowledges that post. Remember when we had to deal with bash builds in pvp for months and pc for a hot fix for the ulti nerf? Crazy world

If I recall correctly, we had to wait for something like a full month after PC got their patch before a mod even ACKNOWLEDGED the broken bash builds on console and confirmed for us that we would have to wait another month for a fix with the next incremental update. That’s when I started reducing my playtime significantly and cancelled my subscription.

Bizarre that other game developers can patch major issues on console with hot fixes relatively quickly (not as fast as PC, but still, within a reasonable time frame of a week or two), but ESO has to wait for the next incremental patch.

Mark my words, the next patch will include all the issues launched with PC’s patch, and it will only get fixed with the next incremental patch, because that’s how this multi-million dollar company rolls. More PS4 players need to cancel their subscriptions and uninstall — hitting them financially is probably the only thing that will work, because they sure don’t seem to care about console customer satisfaction anymore.
    Options
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mark my words, the next patch will include all the issues launched with PC’s patch, and it will only get fixed with the next incremental patch, because that’s how this multi-million dollar company rolls. More PS4 players need to cancel their subscriptions and uninstall — hitting them financially is probably the only thing that will work, because they sure don’t seem to care about console customer satisfaction anymore.

While I absolutely agree with you on that account, I don't think we should promote this idea too loudly here. ZOS is probably already looking for an excuse to close this thread down, and I bet they're going to see this as a "boycott" - us trying to get people to cancel their subscriptions to put some pressure on ZOS - which, of course, is agains the TOS.

I do think you're right, though, when it comes to that next patch. I pretty much dread the day it'll hit, don't even want to think about when we will see a fix for all the additional problems that are sure to hit us with it. I remember seeing a thread here the other day where some PC players were complaining that it took ZOS a few days to fix the bugs the new patch introduced - I was very tempted to go in there and tell them that we had to wait for months before the blue screening got better, just to have it replaced with the insane lag we're dealing with now, but thought better of it in the end. Would've probably "derailed" the thread. Yeah, right.

Options