The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Official Discussion Thread for "Return to Tamriel’s Southern Marshlands with the Murkmire Event"

• majulook
    majulook
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can the memento and pet fragments drops be sold to other players?

Edited by majulook on February 12, 2020 5:18PM
    Si vis pacem, para bellum
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope they are not tying event tickets to rng. This is the sort of thing to make me stop doing events.
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    majulook wrote: »
    Can the memento and pet fragments drops be sold to other players?
    @majulook
    We won't know until the event. Collectible fragments are usually tradeable (e.g. those from Elsweyr, Summerset, and Vvardenfell public dungeons, or the Murkmire prologue dailies), and if you assemble enough fragments into a Runebox, those are DEFINTELY tradeable. However, if you buy the memento and pet from the Impressario with event tickets, those will NOT be tradeable.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wait, "a chance" to drop event tickets ? No guaranteed event tickets drop ? Am I reading this correctly ? ? ? :o
    Unless the chance is very high it sounds like a carefully engineered grind … right when everyone is in the middle of a massive download? <.<
    Also, ZOS, you are the best. The new event blurs perfectly with the "game re-download" thing. So it is at least one day less for the event for many people. Probably 99% of EU server at least. As always, you did not disappointed ! *sarcasm*

I guess that's why they were carefully quiet when I asked about it earlier https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/511146/full-game-redownload-versus-february-event-how-much-overlap-will-there-be
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on February 12, 2020 6:01PM
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Event Tickets:
    During the event, the zone’s monsters and boss monsters each have a chance to drop Event Tickets. You can earn up to three tickets per day this way—up to 39 tickets total. Don’t forget to loot everything!

Seriously?!
    This was a big problem during the first Elsweyr event as players who were grouped up had their tickets wind up as loot from groupmate kills or just didn't stop to loot the trash on the way to fighting a world boss. Didn't check everything? Oops! You were out of your tickets. Too bad!

This seems to be ZOS's methodology...

Monsters drop tickets - bad idea! - let's keep beating it into the players till it's a good idea
    Locking story behind tough dungeons - bad idea! - let's keep beating it into the players till it's a good idea
    More Indriks! - we're bored now, ZOS, really - let's keep beating it into the players till it's a good idea
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on February 12, 2020 6:08PM
  • Shardan4968
    Shardan4968
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe not enough players were buying the tickets for crowns so they hope to get us to grind them. If it's actually going to be rng based, I wouldn't be surprised If they will try lowering the drop rate a little each event until we get a similiar one to that of legion zero style pages and much more players will start spending real money on them.
    PC/EU
  • Mancombe_Nosehair
    Mancombe_Nosehair
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    9ebd917b856ed0608796dd71e86c0ac8.jpg
    This is the official discussion thread for "Return to Tamriel’s Southern Marshlands with the Murkmire Celebration!" blog article.

Delve into the perilous region of Murkmire during this in-game event and you can earn bonus rewards including style pages, crafting materials, collectibles, and more!

Will the DLC be available on discount during the event?

@ZOS_SarahHecker
  • January1171
    January1171
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's frustrating when one of the things we've been asking for is better transparency, but things are getting more and more vague and complicated.

Yes, we have more than a 24 hour notice of the event, but there are so many things in the announcement that are unclear. How many tickets drop from each boss? Is it a guaranteed drop from the bosses? Will we be able to collect all of the pet fragments, or do we *have* to buy them? This happened to an extent with midyear mayhem and the legion banners- there was a lot of confusion about what exactly they looked like and whether you had to earn or buy them.

Add in the fact that this is happening during the redownload of the game which makes it look like ZOS is intentionally trying to push us to buy event tickets.

Crown store has been feeling more predatory. Now the events do too.
  • CasgarTheSomnolent
    CasgarTheSomnolent
    ✭✭✭
    Aww, that blob will go nicely with my pet rock. I can't wait. Also, I would pay mightily to have a voriplasm MOUNT. Maybe my character can sit mostly submerged in it while it oozes along. Think about it, guys.

I do agree with others that the ticket acquisition process needs some clarification. There are valid questions here, and people are starting to make assumptions. People will complain, regardless, but it would just be nice to know the exact methodology for planning purposes. And I'll also thank you for giving us plenty of heads up on this event.

I am suffering a bit from Indrik inventory overload. I've got all four evolved ones, all the pets, another nascent ready to become a spectral, four more feathers, and both spectral berries. We have been doing this for nearly a year and a half now. It wasn't so bad when the feathers and berries were just consumable items and I could store them in chests and on other characters, but now that they're collectible fragments, it's causing problems where I have to spend my tickets on other stuff at the Impressario. Not that I mind in most cases, and I understand that's the probably the intent in the first place, but some things I just like more than others. It would be nice to have a little more flexibility, especially since I've been doing every single event (and enjoying them), and that 12 ticket limit + the collections fragments does make it hard to plan.

Also, could we get a nascent Indrik pet? Just so I can have a full set of mounts and pets. Thanks for everything.
  • Inval1d
    Inval1d
    ✭✭✭✭
    "During the event, the zone’s monsters and boss monsters each have a chance to drop Event Tickets. You can earn up to three tickets per day this way—up to 39 tickets total. Don’t forget to loot everything!"

Wait, "a chance" to drop event tickets ? No guaranteed event tickets drop ? Am I reading this correctly ? ? ? :o

Also, ZOS, you are the best. The new event blurs perfectly with the "game re-download" thing. So it is at least one day less for the event for many people. Probably 99% of EU server at least. As always, you did not disappointed ! *sarcasm*

"One day less"? For me will be the whole event and probably the next event too...
  • Varangian_af_Scaniae
    opaj wrote: »
    I can't help but notice that the Impresario's shop list includes fragments for the Voriplasm Pet and Grave-Stake Mementos. In the recent Midyear Mayhem, we were able to purchase the banner emotes directly, rather than the fragments.

Is this intended? How many fragments do we need to get the pet/memento?

The Event collectibles have been visible in game for a while. Server is down right now but check the fragment page under collectibles (called something like that) when it's up again.
  • OldManJim
    OldManJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So event tickets are now RNG items? That's FUBAR.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
  • Kelinmiriel
    Kelinmiriel
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker - could you please say if it will be three tickets dropping at a time, as most events have been in the past, or up to three single drops as the announcement implies it might be?

I wrote an addon last fall to help people with event tickets, so I'd like to get an accurate update out as soon as possible to handle this.

The addon provides event information (as well as I can get it!) and also warns people when they need to spend some so they won't go over the cap and miss out.

Thanks for any info you can give me!

For those using Event Tracker - I'll get an update out as soon as I can when I have an answer on this.
    Edited by Kelinmiriel on February 13, 2020 9:16AM
    Event Tracker addon (PC NA/EU)
    Helps you keep track of your Event Tickets, so you don't miss any. Double XP on events is PASSIVE now!!
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker

Please could some kind techie up the drop rate at the three main Murkmire furnishing plan farming areas?

1- The Blackguard camp just inside the entrance of Xul-Thuxis (Unmarked)
    2 - The Tree-Minder and Egg-Minder's huts in Bright-Throat's Village
    3 - The market in Lillmoth

It would be great if it could be permanenty increased as I would love some more spots to farm for plans on a regular basis.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_SarahHecker

Please could some kind techie up the drop rate at the three main Murkmire furnishing plan farming areas?

1- The Blackguard camp just inside the entrance of Xul-Thuxis (Unmarked)
    2 - The Tree-Minder and Egg-Minder's huts in Bright-Throat's Village
    3 - The market in Lillmoth

It would be great if it could be permanenty increased as I would love some more spots to farm for plans on a regular basis.

You want to get your farm spot nerfed? Because that's how you get farm spot nerfed #Traitor'sVault #NeverForget
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all, just to clarify a few points on Event Tickets before the start of the event:

All three tickets drop at once (rather than one at a time.) Even though there is only a chance for them to drop, that chance is quite high for basic enemies and even higher for World & Delve Bosses. That being said, you might want to turn on auto loot before the event to make sure you're grabbing everything.
    Staff Post
  • Khaleesi8688
    Khaleesi8688
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow. My desire to earn event tickets just went down considerably.
  • DarkPicture
    DarkPicture
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blackrose Prison arena bosses
    Additional chance to receive bonus items as drops

What does it mean? 100% double drop for perfected weapons in vBRP like with northern elsweyr and sunspire? @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hey all, just to clarify a few points on Event Tickets before the start of the event:

All three tickets drop at once (rather than one at a time.) Even though there is only a chance for them to drop, that chance is quite high for basic enemies and even higher for World & Delve Bosses. That being said, you might want to turn on auto loot before the event to make sure you're grabbing everything.

Can't say I'm a fan of event tickets moving in this direction.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • BlissfulDeluge
    BlissfulDeluge
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Kindly do NOT tie the tickets to rng, PLEASE
    Former completionist with all achievements unlocked up until Update 29 (Flames of Ambition). Avid RPer, writer, and former Breton lover. Then Legacy of the Bretons was released and I realized just how boring and uninspired the Bretons are according to the writers.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks for clarification. But tbh I don't like this idea and where this is going. Event tickets should be guaranteed. Especially in a DLC event that people had to pay for one way or another. I fear it might escalate. Today we have 90% of drop chance for example, tomorrow 80% and year after 10 - 20%. It lights up a warning red light in my head, because it looks like a plan for the greater scheme, to squeeze more $ from crown store event tickets. By charging money for something that players used to have, players might feel "robbed". Be careful ZOS.
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

This is not a good direction. Event tickets have already caused issues with collection and that's when players could count on when tickets would drop, provided they took a measure of personal responsibility and care with their ticket situation. Now you're adding a layer of RNG to the process? I hope the CS reps will be getting paid double time.
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • January1171
    January1171
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreeing with the comments about the direction. While I can understand regular enemies only giving a chance, bosses should be guaranteed. if bosses are not a guaranteed drop it makes the process feel unnecessarily difficult.

Edited to clarify my point. This is ZOS's game and they make the decisions about what should be the case, and we get to decide whether it's worthwhile to pay for/participate in.
    Edited by January1171 on February 13, 2020 4:47PM
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Okay my opinion just went from "brilliant timing, but okay" to "yeah no, not doing this even though I probably will be able to redownload the game in a day". My rng have always been lousy in this game, or any game really, so I won't even bother to try for them.

@ZOS_SarahHecker I know this isn't your decision, you're just the messenger, so this isn't directed at you. But could you pass on to which freaking genius decided this that it's an absolutely *** awful idea and they've had one player at least who is not going to bother with this ****.
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rng tickets... no thanks.
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please rethink this. No one wants this, even if the drop chance is high. We have plenty of RNG grinds in the game now. Events get people to play; most rewards are already RNG based. There's no need to try to force it beyond this into making even tickets RNG based.

• Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just a question:

"Murkmire Strongbox

To earn these new reward boxes, simply explore and quest in the zone. Strongboxes will drop after completing activities such as defeating monsters or boss monsters, looting treasure chests, safeboxes, Thieves Troves, Psijic portals or other containers, or even by harvesting Crafting Resource nodes. No matter how you play, you can earn these new boxes!

You can gain Murkmire Strongboxes once per day (with a small chance of grabbing additional ones as drops)."

One Guaranteed Murkmire Strongbox per day. Additional ones are available from drops. But, are "drops" only from Blackrose Prison Bosses ? Or Overland / delve bosses or other activates will drop additional Murkmire Strongboxes too ?

@ZOS_SarahHecker
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To whichever team at ZOS designs how event tickets are awarded during events:

I see that ZOS decided to go with the exact same ticket design as in the Dragon Rise event in Northern Elsweyr.

I...
    I will be blunt: the Dragon Rise event was the worst time I ever had with tickets.
    • I was somewhat forewarned by the experience of other posters who lost their tickets because they didn't loot everything that they or their groupmembers killed. In an MMO, having an event reward that outright discourages grouping during events that are supposed to encourage grouping for World Boss dailies? Who thought that was a good idea?
    • I missed one day of tickets because my game froze halfway through my first Dragon fight and by the time I logged in, naturally those tickets were lost. It took putting in a Support ticket, two days, and some back-and-forth before Support very kindly refunded the missing tickets. I was fortunate - I knew exactly when and why I'd lost my tickets. A number of players who couldn't get their tickets to drop ever were simply SOL despite a day of farming.
    • The way I guaranteed that I would get tickets was to camp a delve boss until I had my tickets. I avoided hunting dragons like the plague until I had my tickets, despite the Dragon hunts being the ostensible reason for the whole event.

I am extremely disappointed to see that the event team has chosen to repeat this player-unfriendly method of handing out event tickets. I am furthermore disappointed that the "solution" is to tell players to "Loot everything" and "Just turn on Auto-loot". That's problematic in a couple ways:
    1. Players who group up, as is common to fight World Bosses and share daily quests, may have their event tickets spawn in a monster killed by one of their nearby groupmates. The player may not ever see those corpses to loot them.
    2. There is no way to know if you missed your ticket drop, you are the victim of terrible RNG, or if you are just plain bugged. If you don't get tickets, your only recourse is to keep grinding until you give up and contact Support. This is actually worse than the Dragon Rise event where at least your boss kills were supposed to be guaranteed drops so you knew if tickets weren't dropping appropriately.
    3. Its extremely easy for players to miss event tickets that spawn on basic enemies. Yes, that's what you might call "user error" (or, less kindly, PEBKAC) when a player fails to loot everything they can see, but designing a system that's very vulnerable to user error is not good event design. It gets even more problematic when the two ways of addressing the error are (1)hope Support will refund the tickets despite user error, and (2) purchase Event Tickets from the Crown Store. Neither of those are good solutions when it would have been much simpler to design a ticket acquisition method less prone to user error, such as guaranteed boss drops (Witches Festival, Undaunted) or on daily quest turn-in (Anniversary, Clockwork City, Orsinium, Vvardenfell, etc.)

Practical Advice for Players
    The best way to ensure that you get your event tickets is to eliminate all the variables. You want to kill the fewest enemies possible before you get your tickets. Definitely play solo until you get your tickets. If you group up, you risk your group members killing enemies that could spawn your tickets.

My method: park a character at the spawn point of a delve boss before the event starts, then kill that boss and only that boss until I have my daily tickets.
    Its really a shame, in my opinion, that my method is literally "Avoid participating in the event activities like dailies until after I've gotten my event tickets", but it worked for Dragon Rise.

If anyone on the ZOS team who designs events and event ticket drop requirements does read this, thank you for your consideration.
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One Guaranteed Murkmire Strongbox per day. Additional ones are available from drops. But, are "drops" only from Blackrose Prison Bosses ? Or Overland / delve bosses or other activates will drop additional Murkmire Strongboxes too ?

@ZOS_SarahHecker

Pretty much anything that drops loot. Killing monsters, looting treasure chests, World Bosses. etc. will have a chance to drop the boxes.
    Staff Post
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_SarahHecker

Pretty much anything that drops loot. Killing monsters, looting treasure chests, World Bosses. etc. will have a chance to drop the boxes.

The question was rather "what do you mean by "a chance" ? Especially that this notion of "chance" impacts the strongboxes as well as the event tickets.
    I love events, and I love collecting/maximizing event tickets, but there's no way I will get invested into those if the time needed to acquire them becomes RNG-dependant and may vary from 30 minutes to 4-6 hours. No way.
    Edited by anitajoneb17_ESO on February 13, 2020 6:12PM