Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Premades are OVER!! (At least, for now)

• Amksed1991
    Amksed1991
    ✭✭✭
    Greetings,

Some posts have been removed due to violating our rules on baiting.

Let us have some fun, it is Friday after all.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gravord wrote: »
    @Gravord
    Sorry you and your friends can't pug stomp anymore, there's always Cyro though.

While I don't think disabling all grouping is the best option, it is better than how things are currently. More importantly, it's kind of ridiculous to assume BGs will fail as a result of this change. Most players solo queue most of the time. To remove disadvantaged fights against pre-made teams from all of those instances of solo play will improve the experience for most players.

Dont have a premade, sorry to dissapoint. 99% of time playing solo, remaining 1% duo. Wish to have one but cant find good enough players with stable schedule to play together.
    Yet ill still defend everyone else right to grouping because its ridiculous change.

But dont worry mate, you will be still pug stomped anyway.
    And stop with the Cyro crap, its zerg lagfest, nothing about organized small group play, nothing about fast in and out of combat but a horse simulator.

No CP Cyro isn't so laggy/zerggy.

And I acknowledge that I will both get stomped and stomp others as that is the nature of having random teams (although I more frequently engage in the later). What I look forward to is everyone entering each match with the same chance of everyone else, and no longer entering matches where one team has a massive advantage by being a premade.

Also, I am not disappointed that you don't run premades. In fact, im pleased that I was mistaken. However, your insinuation that I normally get stomped, without any knowledge of me in game, makes you look foolish.

I'm not saying I'm unstoppable, but I do very well in high MMR on Xbox NA. You are just baselessly insulting some one's skill level because they disagree with you on the forums. Pretty sad.
    Edited by MurderMostFoul on February 1, 2020 1:00AM
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gravord

While I don't think disabling all grouping is the best option, it is better than how things are currently. More importantly, it's kind of ridiculous to assume BGs will fail as a result of this change. Most players solo queue most of the time. To remove disadvantaged fights against pre-made teams from all of those instances of solo play will improve the experience for most players.

Dont have a premade, sorry to dissapoint. 99% of time playing solo, remaining 1% duo. Wish to have one but cant find good enough players with stable schedule to play together.
    Yet ill still defend everyone else right to grouping because its ridiculous change.

And stop with the Cyro crap, its zerg lagfest, nothing about organized small group play, nothing about fast in and out of combat but a horse simulator.

And I acknowledge that I will both get stomped and stomp others as that is the nature of having random teams (although I more frequently engage in the later). What I look forward to is everyone entering each match with the same chance of everyone else, and no longer entering matches where one team has a massive advantage by being a premade.

Also, I am not disappointed that you don't run premades. In fact, in pleased that I was mistaken. However, your insinuation that I normally get stomped, without any knowledge of me in game, makes you look foolish.

I'm not saying I'm unstoppable, but I do very well in high MMR on Xbox NA. You are just baselessly insulting some one's skill level because they disagree with you on the forums. Pretty sad.

There no such thing as same chance in an mmo. 1 team will get healer, 2 others wont - massive win increase chance. Plenty factors like that. Making bgs into sad pugfest wont make it fair or balanced in the slightest. Who will get lesser pug grade, will dominate anyway.
    Ive played few more games solo today and its horrible. Playing my healer alt, asking pugsies in a deathmatch to stay close and ill heal them. They run in 3 separate ways soon as match started never to be seen again.
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It still doesnt resolve the issue crossheals and healbots are in BG. Frankly that issue may be possibly even bigger.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gravord

Also, I am not disappointed that you don't run premades. In fact, in pleased that I was mistaken. However, your insinuation that I normally get stomped, without any knowledge of me in game, makes you look foolish.

There no such thing as same chance in an mmo. 1 team will get healer, 2 others wont - massive win increase chance. Plenty factors like that. Making bgs into sad pugfest wont make it fair or balanced in the slightest. Who will get lesser pug grade, will dominate anyway.
    Ive played few more games solo today and its horrible. Playing my healer alt, asking pugsies in a deathmatch to stay close and ill heal them. They run in 3 separate ways soon as match started never to be seen again.

By same chance I mean everyone enters the match with the same chance of having good group composition. And you bring your own build and skill to try and tilt the scale a bit.

Luckily, folks in high MMR dm on Xbox NA have mostly got with the program. A lot less solo heros running off doing their own thing (dieing). So solo queue doesn't feel overly disorganized.
    Edited by MurderMostFoul on January 31, 2020 9:27PM
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gravord

By same chance I mean everyone enters the match with the same chance of having good group composition. And you bring your own build and skill to try and tilt the scale a bit.

Luckily, folks in high MMR dm on Xbox NA have mostly got with the program. A lot less solo heros running off doing their own thing (dieing). So solo queue doesn't feel overly disorganized.

Thats the thing, you dont know whom will you get. So everyone is running same homogenized build that have some dmg, some heals, some sustain. Boredom, 0 build variation, 0 specialization towars better result in organized team. Pugfest.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Gravord

Thats the thing, you dont know whom will you get. So everyone is running same homogenized build that have some dmg, some heals, some sustain. Boredom, 0 build variation, 0 specialization towars better result in organized team. Pugfest.

#PugLife
  • ServerusEcru
    ServerusEcru
    ✭✭✭
    This is awesome! As much as I enjoy BG with my friends, I also enjoy meeting new people. I have met some great PvPer's just doing Battlegrounds solo. I think it will be a much more fun and balanced experience. Its always the OP meta groups that mess things up, so I am glad Zos is doing this.
    "Train your opponent to make the wrong response." — The Book of Circles, By Loredas Maxims
    NA/PC/ Order of the Candle
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Literally my 1st bg in 6 months or so. I took a 5 month break, and before that i had spent a 1 month doing just Cyro. If you can't understand why people don't want premades then you're a joke. Plain and simple.

7qYDI8F.jpg

"I don't know you, and I don't care to know you."
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MaxJrFTW wrote: »
    Literally my 1st bg in 6 months or so. I took a 5 month break, and before that i had spent a 1 month doing just Cyro. If you can't understand why people don't want premades then you're a joke. Plain and simple.

7qYDI8F.jpg

Dont see any premade here. Just 2 dds who didnt played solo *** freestyle and killed stuff properly.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

7qYDI8F.jpg

Dont see any premade here. Just 2 dds who didnt played solo *** freestyle and killed stuff properly.

Nice try, It was a 3 stack with a pocket healer. I was put in their team the very next game and the scoreboard looked identical at the end of the game. Want to guess who won?
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭

7qYDI8F.jpg

Nice try, It was a 3 stack with a pocket healer. I was put in their team the very next game and the scoreboard looked identical at the end of the game. Want to guess who won?

Full solo bgs will look exactly like that when one team will get a healer and semi brained dds who stay with said healer and two other teams will not get a healer. Nothing to see here.
    Also, whole 3 faction system was suppose to work to balance things out when one team is too strong, why havent you use it to your advantage and teamed up against the premade? :wink:
  • Commandment
    Commandment
    ✭✭✭

7qYDI8F.jpg

Full solo bgs will look exactly like that when one team will get a healer and semi brained dds who stay with said healer and two other teams will not get a healer. Nothing to see here.
    Also, whole 3 faction system was suppose to work to balance things out when one team is too strong, why havent you use it to your advantage and teamed up against the premade? :wink:

People will think the team with the healer is a bunch of hackers, and are a real premade group.

Most BG's I run solo, if you kill the healer the team just falls apart. Most of the time people get taunted and run around like chickens while the healer just stands there having fun.
  • Commandment
    Commandment
    ✭✭✭

7qYDI8F.jpg

Im pretty sure there are a lot of factors here:

1. You took a 5 month break, probably don't know how to play, and have no clue where your buttons are. Making you heavy weight.
    2. Team green and purple, are a bunch of chickens running around in the middle going freestyle

7qYDI8F.jpg

Wait, hold up... You got into the team with that same pocket healer? Hmmmm... hmmm... HMMMMMMM... could this possibly mean they're not a premade? You know? Your in there team? Could it possibly be just the luck of the draw? Interesting.

That's a very strange "premade"
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just make a seperate que.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

7qYDI8F.jpg

1. You took a 5 month break, probably don't know how to play, and have no clue where your buttons are. Making you heavy weight.
    2. Team green and purple, are a bunch of chickens running around in the middle going freestyle

7qYDI8F.jpg

Wait, hold up... You got into the team with that same pocket healer? Hmmmm... hmmm... HMMMMMMM... could this possibly mean they're not a premade? You know? Your in there team? Could it possibly be just the luck of the draw? Interesting.

Imagine believing everything you assume to be correct. You must think you're a genius.
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Commandment
    Commandment
    ✭✭✭

7qYDI8F.jpg

7qYDI8F.jpg

Imagine believing everything you assume to be correct. You must think you're a genius.

No need to say it friend.

Just wished people learned to thicken there skins and learned to look at themselves and evaluate before witch hunting for premades.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey! Am I the 6-2 in that screenshot? I remember seeing you on PC-NA after not seeing you for a while.

Either way I was solo queued, I’m not sure about the other 3.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Hey! Am I the 6-2 in that screenshot? I remember seeing you on PC-NA after not seeing you for a while.

Either way I was solo queued, I’m not sure about the other 3.

Shh, dont break his bubble. He lost bg, must have been those nasty premades.
  • FlaviusPK
    FlaviusPK
    ✭✭✭
    I think I know why ZOS didn’t make a separate premade queue. There would be 5-6 teams with 4 men with super effective group setups and all the other teams (2+ players) resulting in even more cancer gameplay where grouping people punished by those minmaxed premades just for their wish to “play with friends”.

Everybody can play now, not always the way they want but still can. Majority were solo players and this will help them. I vote for this change even though I liked playing with 1 or 2 friends with no real group build just for fun, unlike those who use bg to farm.
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FlaviusPK wrote: »
    Majority were solo players.

Got any data on that [snip]?

Edit for bait.
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on February 4, 2020 4:59AM
  • m7a3t5
    m7a3t5
    Soul Shriven
    This is nothing to rejoice over. If you have CP but below max CP and want to play PvP with people you know in this "MMO" you're going to be fresh out of luck.

No grouping in BGs
    No no-CP cyro

Looking at the big picture this is going to SUCK for a lot of people who want to try out or get into PvP with their friends and are not yet max level. Having the only no-CP server be faction locked is contributing to this issue.
  • Gravord
    Gravord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    m7a3t5 wrote: »
    No no-CP cyro

Wait what? No CP Cyro will be gone too?? I must have missed that.
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Deleted, pointless argument.
    Edited by MaxJrFTW on February 7, 2020 8:00AM
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    https://images.app.goo.gl/piBokksJ4p41JHsV7
    m7a3t5 wrote: »
    No no-CP cyro

Wait what? No CP Cyro will be gone too?? I must have missed that.

I don't think they are removing NoCP Cyro.
  • jd24
    jd24
    ✭✭✭
    Newbie here but can't players just queue sync?

Blizzard removed this option for 40v40 bgs years ago so people would just get in discord and count down to queue together and call it out when their queue popped to make sure they got in the same bg.

Has ZOS said anything regarding exploiting the queue system like this?
  • MaxJrFTW
    MaxJrFTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Newbie here but can't players just queue sync?

Blizzard removed this option for 40v40 bgs years ago so people would just get in discord and count down to queue together and call it out when their queue popped to make sure they got in the same bg.

Has ZOS said anything regarding exploiting the queue system like this?

Doesn't work. I have seen people on twitch trying to get organized 4v4v4 matches and even when the queue pops at the same time the teams are placed in different matches. Even more of a problem when it comes to solo queue because there's no guarantee they'll be in the same team.
    ―Ulrich Leland, 3E 433
  • Rizz_the_Filthy_Dino
    Honestly, I'm like 50-50 on the fence about this. On one hand, I've been on the receiving end of premades that stomp your group and the other group. I've also really enjoyed duoing up with a friend, honestly some of the best fun I've ever had in ESO since launch.

I don't like Cyrodiil at all, it's laggy and far too open. I prefer small scale pvp, and I don't mean imperial city sewers. This patch, if it goes through, will just wreck group BGs and any kind of group play. As a healer, I rely on the team, and when you solo queue as a healer, you straight up get a mixed bag.

I prefer to duo and won't be able to anymore. I really wish the devs would have a middleground decision for this, like, I dunno, creating a solo-queue option and a group queue.
    PC-NA
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I'm like 50-50 on the fence about this. On one hand, I've been on the receiving end of premades that stomp your group and the other group. I've also really enjoyed duoing up with a friend, honestly some of the best fun I've ever had in ESO since launch.

I don't like Cyrodiil at all, it's laggy and far too open. I prefer small scale pvp, and I don't mean imperial city sewers. This patch, if it goes through, will just wreck group BGs and any kind of group play. As a healer, I rely on the team, and when you solo queue as a healer, you straight up get a mixed bag.

I prefer to duo and won't be able to anymore. I really wish the devs would have a middleground decision for this, like, I dunno, creating a solo-queue option and a group queue.

I think that having just one queue, but allowing a max group size of 2 would be the best middle-of-the-road solution while avoiding low population/long queue issues.
  • Rizz_the_Filthy_Dino
    Agreed
    PC-NA