The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Leap Slowed down...

• lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lucky_Sage wrote: »
    Leap is really slow already why does it need to be slower

Because it is bugged. If you are fighting with somebody and some stamDK leaps on you from big distance you receive awful de-sync where what you see on screen is not what going on server. On first two second you see nothing, though leap already happened. On next second you see knockback, but you can't break free because of animation. When you regain control, you are already receiving final executes and you'll see something like leap-dizzy-executioner-executioner in recap, though for you it just looked like screen frozen for couple of seconds and then sudden leap->execute.

Fix bug don’t ruin ult because of bug
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• GRXRG
    GRXRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    Come on, it's one of the cheapest ultimates in the game, it gap close, it does even 20k damage in certain builds as many showed, it stuns launching back enemies (stun with launch are the best ccs in the game and bit buggy to break free of it), it gives you resources back, as panic button it let you revert a fight and win it when you shouldn't do just by pressing a single button off-cooldown after like 15 seconds average for a dang ultimate.
    So stop complaining. Just a slow animation won't be the end of the word and deserved so much more to be honest.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    GRXRG wrote: »
    Come on, it's one of the cheapest ultimates in the game, it gap close, it does even 20k damage in certain builds as many showed, it stuns launching back enemies (stun with launch are the best ccs in the game and bit buggy to break free of it), it gives you resources back, as panic button it let you revert a fight and win it when you shouldn't do just by pressing a single button off-cooldown after like 15 seconds average for a dang ultimate.
    So stop complaining. Just a slow animation won't be the end of the word and deserved so much more to be honest.

Firstly it can do 20k on a stamdk not a magdk you'd be lucky to get 12k on mag... It is literally the closest thing a magdk has to an execute you cannot beat any half decent players without it. It can be blocked and dodged easily, so yeah it being slower is a legit concern.

There are so many better ultimates onslaught for one does the same damage and removes all resistance...

it returns a bit of resource like a third or less depending on your pools.

You clearly don't play DK as you don't understand how it impacts anything. I don't even understand why you are commenting if it doesn't affect you. This is not the thread to cry about dying to it, start your own thread if you want whinge about what you die to...
  • yeyesil
    yeyesil
    ✭✭
    GRXRG wrote: »

Firstly it can do 20k on a stamdk not a magdk you'd be lucky to get 12k on mag... It is literally the closest thing a magdk has to an execute you cannot beat any half decent players without it. It can be blocked and dodged easily, so yeah it being slower is a legit concern.

There are so many better ultimates onslaught for one does the same damage and removes all resistance...

it returns a bit of resource like a third or less depending on your pools.

You clearly don't play DK as you don't understand how it impacts anything. I don't even understand why you are commenting if it doesn't affect you. This is not the thread to cry about dying to it, start your own thread if you want whinge about what you die to...

Completely agree with you. In stam or mag dk you need the ulti to kill tanky or squishy target. Dk doesnt have strong spammables and with dot nerf and purge of most classes, dots are not enough to kill the target. After corrosive nerf dk has just leap to damage players. Most who have never played stam or mag dk dont know how the class works so they think leap is OP.

If you want to nerf dk, they should nerf tank meta like the other stam classes. For example they can nerf BRP dw, self vigor OP heal, 1h/s block healing or even heavy armor damage sets.

Other classes with ulti cast times have strong spam skills or burst skills (except for poor stamsorcs as they are in a worse place than other stam classes). So giving stamdks a pve based ranged low damage fist doesnt make the class better in PVP.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Because it is bugged. If you are fighting with somebody and some stamDK leaps on you from big distance you receive awful de-sync where what you see on screen is not what going on server. On first two second you see nothing, though leap already happened. On next second you see knockback, but you can't break free because of animation. When you regain control, you are already receiving final executes and you'll see something like leap-dizzy-executioner-executioner in recap, though for you it just looked like screen frozen for couple of seconds and then sudden leap->execute.

The fix for a bug is almost always a nerf these days...
    yeyesil wrote: »
    Completely agree with you. In stam or mag dk you need the ulti to kill tanky or squishy target. Dk doesnt have strong spammables and with dot nerf and purge of most classes, dots are not enough to kill the target.

Not entirely true...Oops, better go with the flow!

YEAH! DK weak with no leap! ZOS should speed animation up!
  • yeyesil
    yeyesil
    ✭✭
    Kadoin wrote: »

Completely agree with you. In stam or mag dk you need the ulti to kill tanky or squishy target. Dk doesnt have strong spammables and with dot nerf and purge of most classes, dots are not enough to kill the target.

Dk is not weak without leap, but its weak without a good ulti. After corrosive and dot nerf dks need to use a strong ulti to kill the target. If you make the classes only chance to kill the target easily avoidable or blockable then you dont need to use that ulti. With this slow animation even in close range, dks better use 2h ulti as both of them is blockable but onslaught is much more powerful than leap. It gives nearly same burst as leap and same penetration as corrosive. So 2 in 1 skill is better than dk leap. Where is the class identity now? Just strong healing or tankyness? Come on wardens and templars are much more better than stam dks with their healing and purge power? Why shall i play stamdk if i dont have any proper spammable or ulti while wardens and templars have better burst and spam skills with the same tankyness and healing?

You chase after a stamdk in a town or tower, stacking their weapon damage with fury and draining your stamina by sprinting after them and got leaped easily then you cry for "Leap is OP dk is op nerf it".

I just say l2p man.

The class has no purge no mobility no spammables. Stam dk can be countered easily if you know how to play in pvp.
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Dk is not weak without leap, but its weak without a good ulti. After corrosive and dot nerf dks need to use a strong ulti to kill the target. If you make the classes only chance to kill the target easily avoidable or blockable then you dont need to use that ulti. With this slow animation even in close range, dks better use 2h ulti as both of them is blockable but onslaught is much more powerful than leap. It gives nearly same burst as leap and same penetration as corrosive. So 2 in 1 skill is better than dk leap. Where is the class identity now? Just strong healing or tankyness? Come on wardens and templars are much more better than stam dks with their healing and purge power? Why shall i play stamdk if i dont have any proper spammable or ulti while wardens and templars have better burst and spam skills with the same tankyness and healing?

You chase after a stamdk in a town or tower, stacking their weapon damage with fury and draining your stamina by sprinting after them and got leaped easily then you cry for "Leap is OP dk is op nerf it".

I just say l2p man.

The class has no purge no mobility no spammables. Stam dk can be countered easily if you know how to play in pvp.

people say dks are so tanky but really what do they have other than 10% more block mitigation.
    wings is trash it only negates about 10 abilites buy 50% so not worth anything
    Edited by lucky_Sage on January 26, 2020 4:35PM
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• yeyesil
    yeyesil
    ✭✭

I just say l2p man.

people say dks are so tanky but really what do they have other than 10% more block mitigation.
    wings is trash it only negates about 10 abilites buy 50% so not worth anything

You cant use wings effectively in stamdk as the magicka costs of major mending and wings are too much so you cant use them togetger. Magickadks use wings not stamdks and its not powerful as sorcerers and wardens have full spell absorb while dks have only %50 and its not worth using it anymore in stamdk.
    Block mitigation is not that important. Tankyness of stamdk comes from minor brutality and major mending. With high weapon damage and and healing done it makes class tanyk. But you cant tank the enemy in cyro forever if you dont burst them after some time. With leap easily blocked, you will most probably die soon after you use the wasted ulti.

Templars have undodgeble spam and low cost ulti or full penetration bonus to their OP spammable skill with 2h ulti. Anyway i hope they read the feedback.

To fix the bug from leap you dont need to make the animation long, you can convert knockback to just stun as knockback effect makes it buggy.
  • FrankonPC
    FrankonPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dk didn't need a longer delay on leap. The buggy stun needed to be adjusted. You can already block leap at point blank range.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I just say l2p man.

I've never actually needed to use ultimate as a requirement for a kill unless trying to kill more than three at the same time, but ok. In fact, ultimates aren't even reliable on live right now when the game lags, esp. leap.

Either way I don't care because it doesn't affect me, but I can't leave a comment out there without challenging it when its trying to twist an opinion into fact just because the changes nerf DKs that run tanky + damage stam builds stacking direct damage CP. Nope; can't do that.
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS wants the skill cap to be lowered and the difference between a good and a bad player to be near equal. This is the way.
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
  • Millz
    Millz
    ✭✭✭
    I just tested this, can you please post a video of your occurrence of it slowing down? I'm not seeing any difference at all compared to live with leap
    Brenhji
    PC NA - 400 cp
    (Retired) XBOX NA - 1006 cp

---Say no to standardization---
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Millz wrote: »
    I just tested this, can you please post a video of your occurrence of it slowing down? I'm not seeing any difference at all compared to live with leap

NES posted a video on it on youtube... He said something similar and being honest I couldn't really see much of a difference.
    It is a little more floaty close range. It will still be fantastic for potato farming.
    Edited by relentless_turnip on January 28, 2020 6:31AM
  • Elwendryll
    Elwendryll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On live. I block immediately when I feel a leap is coming, and even then, I still get sent in a space program, and you can't even break free in time.

I don't know if slowing down the ability is a good thing, if it's a matter of "minimum travel time" or some kind of desync is happening, but I got stunned on many occasions I knew the leap was coming, I blocked, but it still didn't work.

I don't think the issue is the skill cap, but more about having options to counter at all. If I start blocking before the leap animation starts on my screen, I shouldn't get combo'ed to death.

Anyway. I think I see what the issue is, but I'm not sure just "slowing it down" is a good solution. But a decent minimal travel time for melee leaps could be useful. That and just fixing the various desync issues.
    PC - EU - France - AD
    Main character: Qojikrin - Khajiit Sorcerer Tank/Stamina DD - since March 25, 2015.
    Guildmaster of Oriflamme: Focus on 4 player endgame content.
    Member of Brave Cat Trade, Panda Division and Toadhuggers.

All 4-man trifectas - TTT, IR, GH
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Elwendryll wrote: »
    On live. I block immediately when I feel a leap is coming, and even then, I still get sent in a space program, and you can't even break free in time.

I don't know if slowing down the ability is a good thing, if it's a matter of "minimum travel time" or some kind of desync is happening, but I got stunned on many occasions I knew the leap was coming, I blocked, but it still didn't work.

I don't think the issue is the skill cap, but more about having options to counter at all. If I start blocking before the leap animation starts on my screen, I shouldn't get combo'ed to death.

Anyway. I think I see what the issue is, but I'm not sure just "slowing it down" is a good solution. But a decent minimal travel time for melee leaps could be useful. That and just fixing the various desync issues.

I block leaps all the time successfully... It isn't the skill it is a bug...

It can be dodged or blocked. So yes the bug is the issue not the skill.
  • Militan1404
    Militan1404
    ✭✭✭
    Funny how they changed it, becouse me and a friend where talking right before the patch notes hit how easy it whas to get aways from a leap and you could see it from miles away, and now they makeing it even slower🤔
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elwendryll wrote: »

I block leaps all the time successfully... It isn't the skill it is a bug...

It can be dodged or blocked. So yes the bug is the issue not the skill.

...and the lag.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • ArcVelarian
    ArcVelarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish they would get rid of the knockback, personally. For me it is often a tactical negative: I would rather the opponents remain clustered after the stun.

Or maybe just change it to stun opponents instead for X seconds for every Y extra Ultimate points you have, that way DKs can "overcharge" Leap.
    Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.
  • RealPhoenix
    RealPhoenix
    ✭✭✭
    Have any of the people complaining here actually tested Leap on PTS? To me it just seems like the animation runs alot smoother, while also preventing the insta-jump that used to happen when you were really close to an enemy, so basically that is the only situation where the leap now actually feels a *bit* slower.

Correct me if I´m wrong, but to me, Leap still seems completely fine.
    PC EU - @RealPhoenix | Cyrodiil´s FIST | 1500 CP | Dedicated PvP Player | 36k Achievement Points
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the DK version of snipe. Of course they dont want it balanced.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Icky wrote: »

Except snipe is a spammable and leap is an ultimate :lol: it isn't overperforming... it has been slowed down due to developers not being able to fix lag and players crying because they lost their right mouse button.

TBH I've seen clips of slowed down leap and it doesn't look that bad...
  • Spartabunny08
    Spartabunny08
    ✭✭✭✭

Ok 50 meter leaps here we come
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The primary issue, in lag, is that you'll see a DK Leap... then 2 seconds later everyone goes flying with the CC. It's the same if you are the one doing the Leap. You Leap... nothing happens. Then they get knocked back.

It feels like this change is intended to mask that effect a bit, because in terms of counterplay, Ferocious Leap generally does less damage than a solid Executioner, and I don't see anyone asking for Executioner to happen in slow motion.
  • Treb_U_Shae
    Treb_U_Shae
    ✭✭
    Dump, then leap. The tooltip suggests that the leap is instant. This change makes it not instant. Loathe that they snuck in the "dump", which is a literal squat prior to the leap, so it warns everyone else that it is coming. It does nothing for the "story telling", as I do not see other dragons around Tamriel (Elsweyr) "dumping" prior to them taking flight. They nerfed a previously glorious ult instead of repairing the lag....smh
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    problem is that all "ranged" "projectiles" have a travelling time. Leap, as I explained some time ago, is a projectile too (in this cae, the DK is the projectile), not so different from Snipe, so slowing down it's traveling time is a huge mistake.

It will be exploited. A lot. Just combining the ultra desync snipe with leap will cause tons of complaints in Cyro.

Anyway, any word about this is pointless due to ZoS side wheels policy for newcomers.

"Raise the floor, lower the ceiling"...
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    problem is that all "ranged" "projectiles" have a travelling time. Leap, as I explained some time ago, is a projectile too (in this cae, the DK is the projectile), not so different from Snipe, so slowing down it's traveling time is a huge mistake.

It will be exploited. A lot. Just combining the ultra desync snipe with leap will cause tons of complaints in Cyro.

Anyway, any word about this is pointless due to ZoS side wheels policy for newcomers.

*** i didnt think about that.

desync double snipe and the leap.
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    Xvorg wrote: »

*** i didnt think about that.

desync double snipe and the leap.

Yup... it will be used and abused
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish they would get rid of the knockback, personally. For me it is often a tactical negative: I would rather the opponents remain clustered after the stun.

Or maybe just change it to stun opponents instead for X seconds for every Y extra Ultimate points you have, that way DKs can "overcharge" Leap.

That would be nice, but in my view all ultimate charging is contradictory to the use of Battle Roar, i.e. using Balorgh results in some loss of sustain for a DK. If they would change Battle Roar to be each point of Ultimate consumed ala Balorgh, that would be great, but maybe too strong.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Make leap dodgeable then. Could it be dodged a long time ago back before they sped it up?
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Make leap dodgeable then. Could it be dodged a long time ago back before they sped it up?

It can be dodged now