The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

Leap Slowed down...

relentless_turnip
relentless_turnip
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I don't understand why they are slowing down leap... I get a stamDK can get their tooltip to 30K, that isn't true for a MagDK.
20K whilst having to sink so much into sustain is a more realistic tooltip.

We need this most of the time(unless they're squishy or unskilled) to finish of opponents. I get that other Ulti's also have cast times, but visually they're harder to tell when triggered.
Onslaught they have reduced the damage, but that doesn't matter when it removes ALL your resistance this is the part that kills you.

Leap you literally grow wings and jump into the air, is this not a que to block? why do we need to dumb it down....
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't understand why they are slowing down leap... I get a stamDK can get their tooltip to 30K, that isn't true for a MagDK.
    20K whilst having to sink so much into sustain is a more realistic tooltip.

We need this most of the time(unless they're squishy or unskilled) to finish of opponents. I get that other Ulti's also have cast times, but visually they're harder to tell when triggered.
    Onslaught they have reduced the damage, but that doesn't matter when it removes ALL your resistance this is the part that kills you.

Leap you literally grow wings and jump into the air, is this not a que to block? why do we need to dumb it down....

It's not acceptable until people are literally just playing with their thumbs on the thumbsticks.
  • Skysenzz
    Skysenzz
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really mind the slow down for ranged leap (even though a bit faster flight would be better) but when you melee it feels kinda bad to have your damage delayed by that much.
    CP1000+
    DC sDK Skysenzz
    DC Stamden Kartag Vosh Rakh
    DC mDK Ignis-Noctem
    DC sDK Ellesperis
    DC MagSorc Victorià
    EP Stamplar Subject to change
    EP StamBlade Powerful Ninja Zoid
    DC StamNecro StamDK ls Better
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Parked my magdk because im uncomfortable balancing sustain and damage and now they are nerfing leap too? jc smh zos
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jadarock wrote: »
    Parked my magdk because im uncomfortable balancing sustain and damage and now they are nerfing leap too? jc smh zos

They detailed it as giving opponents a greater opportunity to counter...
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Skysenzz wrote: »
    I don't really mind the slow down for ranged leap (even though a bit faster flight would be better) but when you melee it feels kinda bad to have your damage delayed by that much.

I'll just go ahead and join the onslaught gang. How dare I try to enjoy something in this game.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I'll just go ahead and join the onslaught gang. How dare I try to enjoy something in this game.

That's fantastic :lol: I guess I'll run meteor...
  • ThePhantomThorn
    ThePhantomThorn
    ✭✭✭✭
    basically they put a cast time on leap too.
    cast times need to go
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Meanwhile I'm gonna go ahead and join the uninstall gang.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    jcm2606 wrote: »

Meanwhile I'm gonna go ahead and join the uninstall gang.

I've heard they're quite formidable in size... I always hear about people joining 😂
    Edited by relentless_turnip on January 22, 2020 12:04PM
  • TimeDazzler
    TimeDazzler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Slowing it down is better than having its damage nerfed because I think those are the two options zenimax is thinking of.
    Edited by TimeDazzler on January 22, 2020 12:12PM
    PC NA
    Characters:
    Tımë Ðâzzlër - Stamina Warden - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłër - Magicka Nightblade - AD
    Tımë Ðâzzłêr - Stamina Templar - AD
    Sugar Deady - Magicka Necromancer - AD
    Sprint v X - Stamina Sorcerer - EP
    Tımë Ðâzzlër Ðk - Stamina Dragonknight - EP
    Time Dazzler - Magicka Warden - DC
  • jadarock
    jadarock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jadarock wrote: »

They detailed it as giving opponents a greater opportunity to counter...

Right which will further compound my issue with sustaining on magdk..
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    The problem was the problematic knockdown from Leap which is hard to break free.

So this is ZOS' way of fixing this issue?

[snip]

[edited for bashing comment]
    Edited by ZOS_RogerJ on January 23, 2020 8:35PM
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The problem was the problematic knockdown from Leap which is hard to break free.

So this is ZOS' way of fixing this issue?

[snip]

[edited for bashing comment]

They should have made it stun instead of knockback... nerfing shouldn't be the solution to a software/server bug...
    Edited by ZOS_RogerJ on January 23, 2020 8:35PM
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    get over it, nb have 2 ultis with "cast time", not even a delay or slow down
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tbh, as stamDK I like this change. Why??? because class is considered OP TOP STAM SPEC due to bugged knockback and crazy damage this ability can do to unsuspecting / already damaged players in chaotic XvX. Fact that it is hard-countered by player who actually fights by using timed block button is totally ignored by community. Without leap and with nerfed dizzy, stamDK will perform like he really is - weaker version of stamsorc and we can hope for some buffs in U25-26.
  • lucky_Sage
    lucky_Sage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Leap is really slow already why does it need to be slower
    DC PC NA
    Magdk - main
    Stamcro - alt

AD PS4 NA -retired (PC runs way better to play on console)
    magdk
    magblade
    stamplar
    magden
    magsorc

• MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lucky_Sage wrote: »

Because it is bugged. If you are fighting with somebody and some stamDK leaps on you from big distance you receive awful de-sync where what you see on screen is not what going on server. On first two second you see nothing, though leap already happened. On next second you see knockback, but you can't break free because of animation. When you regain control, you are already receiving final executes and you'll see something like leap-dizzy-executioner-executioner in recap, though for you it just looked like screen frozen for couple of seconds and then sudden leap->execute.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Tbh, as stamDK I like this change. Why??? because class is considered OP TOP STAM SPEC due to bugged knockback and crazy damage this ability can do to unsuspecting / already damaged players in chaotic XvX. Fact that it is hard-countered by player who actually fights by using timed block button is totally ignored by community. Without leap and with nerfed dizzy, stamDK will perform like he really is - weaker version of stamsorc and we can hope for some buffs in U25-26.

I play magdk so my tooltip will be at least 10k less than yours 😭
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Because it is bugged. If you are fighting with somebody and some stamDK leaps on you from big distance you receive awful de-sync where what you see on screen is not what going on server. On first two second you see nothing, though leap already happened. On next second you see knockback, but you can't break free because of animation. When you regain control, you are already receiving final executes and you'll see something like leap-dizzy-executioner-executioner in recap, though for you it just looked like screen frozen for couple of seconds and then sudden leap->execute.

Then they need to fix the bug and not need the skill. We are all playing against the server I didn't read any nerf to ballista or snipe... These in my experience are regularly complained about than leap.
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wish they would get rid of the knockback, personally. For me it is often a tactical negative: I would rather the opponents remain clustered after the stun.
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • blur
    blur
    ✭✭✭✭
    evoniee wrote: »
    get over it, nb have 2 ultis with "cast time", not even a delay or slow down

Which is also garbage.
    Being ok with another class getting screwed over because another was is not ok.

@ZOS
    This is a terrible change and needs to go. Just like Dawnbreaker, just like Incap/SH, just like Soul Assault, just like Berserker Strike, all terrible changes.
    Leap already has a telegraph. I really hate the direction you are forcing this game.

edit: I forgot to add the wrecking blow/dizzy swing constant changes have been terrible and now they are at an absolute worst. Having a player immune to Dizzy for 15 seconds is an absolute horrible change. What in the hell are you doing?
    Edited by blur on January 22, 2020 10:21PM
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Without leap and with nerfed dizzy, stamDK will perform like he really is - weaker version of stamsorc and we can hope for some buffs in U25-26.

A reduced cost to Corrosive is the top of my list, but without any further nerfs to it naturally.

Making Inhale and Ash Clould relevant for a StamDK would be next, but that's nothing new.

Despite that, as it is we have a much wider array of skills to choose from, and more flexible build options, than StamSorcs, no?

Edit: I guess Cinder Storm is relevant, it's decent HPS for StamDK, but if both Cinder Storm and either Inhale were given the Inferno treatment of stat scaling it would be quite nice.

Edited by Urzigurumash on January 22, 2020 10:42PM
    Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The StamDK playstyle feeling awful right now in so many ways, with the new Block, the Leap situation, Stone Giant is slow & clunky.. just feels horrible to play.

Like someone downgraded the whole combat feeling into a cheap version of the game where everything is slow, non-reactive and just a sad feeling when playing at both pvp and pve.

I suggest anyone with friends to go do some Vet DLC dungeons or Vtrials and tank them with current block. Bar swapping and Blocking = :#

I guess next step is LA ani cancel changes.. if this is how combat gonna feel in the future of ESO i think i am done from playing anything where have to Block reliably unless 1 bar permablock, since reactive blocking does not work anymore. And that would be a dumb situation for a game to end up from a situation without such problems.

I do not even feel like testing anymore, this just sucks the fun out of this game for me.
  • jcm2606
    jcm2606
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Then fix the bug? The answer to bugs shouldn't be blindly nerfing the skill in question, it should be to fix the bugs.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I play magdk so my tooltip will be at least 10k less than yours 😭

You have molten whip though. And good half of players are vampires :D it is really hard to kill tanky player on stamDK now... whole haka war dance is required, because if you ultimate didn't put that player somewhere to 15-20% HP for executioner, he will just block cast heal in two seconds and cast time dizzy is not that great follow-up.. well, because it is cast time
    Without leap and with nerfed dizzy, stamDK will perform like he really is - weaker version of stamsorc and we can hope for some buffs in U25-26.

A reduced cost to Corrosive is the top of my list, but without any further nerfs to it naturally.

Making Inhale and Ash Clould relevant for a StamDK would be next, but that's nothing new.

Despite that, as it is we have a much wider array of skills to choose from, and more flexible build options, than StamSorcs, no?

Edit: I guess Cinder Storm is relevant, it's decent HPS for StamDK, but if both Cinder Storm and either Inhale were given the Inferno treatment of stat scaling it would be quite nice.

Well, Corrosive imo is not that bad. It allows to survive smallscale focus, together with Mist you may come through death zone of siege fire and 20 players behind and "sneak" into keep, you may surprise somebody with it during opponent's burst... they will desperately try to finish you and won't notice 8k+ incoming spammable before it's too late :D I often switch corrosive/undo on backbar... it is really hard to tell what is more useful in random encounters.
    The only bad thing about corrosive imo is jabs meta. It doesn't help against jabs much... well, and jabs are everywhere.
  • Syrusthevirus187
    Syrusthevirus187
    ✭✭✭✭
    Then they need to fix the bug and not need the skill. We are all playing against the server I didn't read any nerf to ballista or snipe... These in my experience are regularly complained about than leap.

Preach brother

• OWLTHEMAD
    OWLTHEMAD
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a console player and occasional victim of leap, i think the slow down is sensible. Sometimes I see you dks way the **** over there and then i see wings(no animation they just appear) and suddenly your way the **** over here and there is just no reacting to it.

But on the other hand, from a nightblade standpoint, this is the weakest ive ever seen dks in a fight and while leap needs fixing i dont think anyone has any business nerfing anything on a dk until they are ready to finish their balance pass and show them a little love while they are at it as well.
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cast time additions are awful. AWFUL. What a terrible direction to go in with ultimates. Nothing about cast times is rewarding or fun.

This entire patch is full of unneccessary changes.

Yes, Leap is strong. BUT ULTIMATES SHOULD BE! argh.

Health desync sucks, but why make a class clunkier because of issues with coding? Why not change the range if it is related to "long range leaping"?
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Read the tooltip.
    Stamina is 100% offensive, while mag leap has a defensive portion.
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Read the tooltip.
    Stamina is 100% offensive, while mag leap has a defensive portion.

It is also cheaper... And when we take into account how much more a magdk has to invest into sustain. All of your tooltips will be much higher and we have to be in the same range to do damage. I appreciate you'll say that a magdks skills are split with healing, but if we take the utility portion out of the skill (such as embers heal Vs venemous escalating damage)stamdk have a lot more damage and can stack WD much higher without penalty.

I have no problem with stamdks I am just pointing out that Stam dks generally are in a really good place.

Not to mention if leap is now terrible you can run corrosive or onslaught. I can use meteor which is nearly double the cost of leap and not anywhere near as enjoyable.