The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Would you like to see stamina morphs for some Vampire abilities?

Finedaible
Finedaible
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Since they are revamping the vamps, I'm curious where the community stands on this topic.

Personally I think it would be nice if some of vampires' damaging abilities had stamina options so they could scale a little more equally with stamina-based setups, but maybe that's just me. Current version of vampires has always benefited both stamina and magicka builds so I don't think it's too out of line to have some abilities and the ultimate scale with stamina. Now would be a good opportunity for devs to include these morphs too if they haven't already.

Would you like to see stamina morphs for some Vampire abilities? 176 votes

Yes. I would like stamina morphs.
62% 110 votes
No. I do not want stamina morphs.
37% 66 votes
  • Coppes
    Coppes
    ✭✭✭✭
    inb4 alright then give us some more magicka werewolf morphs
  • Knightpanther
    Knightpanther
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please can we have some Magika Werewolf morphs?

Be safe :)
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Done, enjoy an ult that cost 300+ to use and half the time doesn't transform
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Absolutely yes. As someone who always plays stamina vampires, it would be nice to have offensive options in the skill line.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There are no magicka morphs in werewolf, so there should be no stamina for vampire. Period.
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They seem to be on this off balance kick lately. Wouldn’t be surprised to see a spammable not much different that SA that off balances a target. The new stun will likely have a stamina morph. That just leaves a DoT and some sorta heal.
    Edited by Fur_like_snow on January 18, 2020 6:33PM
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    there should be BOTH stamina and magicka choices in the vampire skill line and its morphs!
    only fair.
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheFM wrote: »
    There are no magicka morphs in werewolf, so there should be no stamina for vampire. Period.

Werewolf heal/brutality buff is magicka only and costly. Also werewolf is not very good at all these days. (I went from 72k to 50k dps from pre Elswyr to post Dragonhold)
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • pod88kk
    pod88kk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stampires

Stamina vampire or stamp collecting vampires

:D
  • Rake
    Rake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    stamina batswarm
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Werewolf heal/brutality buff is magicka only and costly. Also werewolf is not very good at all these days. (I went from 72k to 50k dps from pre Elswyr to post Dragonhold)

Well, thats cuz of the decision to obliterate dots, dont punish vampires for that.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina has the WW. We don’t need to homogenize everything as that just leads to all sorts of boring.
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Invigorating drain used to be great for a stam user, restoring health and stamina to almost full for a low magicka cost (while not dropping block).....until it was nerfed/changed.

Elusive mist is still good, if expensive, but has also seen a few changes making it less useful for a stam user.

With only 2 out of 5 skills in the tree, it's not like they have to remove your favourite mag skill to stick in a stam skill. Although, I imagine the whole skill line will see it's overall usefulness nerfed and some flavour/situational skills added.
  • Sylianwe
    Sylianwe
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, because I like equilibrium.

It's always good that you can get both stamina and magical infused abilities with a skill line. This way, no matter what source you prefer, you'll be able to find, and use, spells and abilities befitting you.
    Edited by Sylianwe on June 19, 2021 1:15AM
    The mind is a walled garden, even death can not touch the flowers blooming there 🌹
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i mean lorewise id say vampires are a mix between physical and magical abilities especially illusion and manipulation etc... so i'd would make sense imo

werewolves on the other hand are purely physical creatures i have never seen them displayed with any magical abilities

and honestly, master vampires in skyrim hit like TRUCKS
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Stamina has the WW. We don’t need to homogenize everything as that just leads to all sorts of boring.

If Werewolves were in a good spot, I would have agreed with you on this. However, stamina builds don't really benefit from being a werewolf unless they base their entire gear setup and cps around optimizing werewolf transformation window, whereas vampires can basically build however they want and still benefit from it. WWs only gain 15% stamina recovery from slotting the ultimate, but this sacrifices a slot for a better ultimate so... It doesn't really complement stamina setups on the whole in my experience. The fact that 'Sorcerer' passives (a name typically associated with magic)have benefitted WWs the most over these years is pretty strange in itself from a stamina vs magicka standpoint, or the fact that WW heal is based off magicka.

Don't get me wrong, I do not support homogenization and I would love to see werewolves get a better toolkit. My main was a werewolf for the longest time (almost since launch) and I really wanted it to work all these years, but I just recently cured and went vamp and It has been far more fun with vampirism than lycanthropy has ever been. So, I guess what I am getting at is, I think it's time to move on from werewolf until ZoS comes up with a good solution them, but for now I'd rather see vampire done right and bring some much needed build diversity to the game since they have decided to revisit that skill line.
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tenor.gif
    PC|EU
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The passives support both Stam and magicka, but the active effects only support magicka. I can justify Stam morphs unless they want to get rid of the Stam Regen.
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe? It depends what happens. I am not against more options for stam characters but I would be unhappy if it came at a cost to magicka builds (making them more boring or giving them less options with compared to stam).

I wouldn't be indignant from a lore perspective.

I want to see whatever adds more unique and interesting choices for all flavors of DPS, tanks, and healers. :D
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, thats cuz of the decision to obliterate dots, dont punish vampires for that.

Maybe for other WWs using berserker morph, but the only dot I had was the weak one on pack leader morph. And the 22k dps loss was counting from before dots were buffed, if counting the dot meta time period tack another 10k to that 22. I, personally, am not pushing for stam morphs for vamps. Just stating werewolf has a mag skill and that werewolf in general is in a bad spot.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes sure.. Give magicka utility and stamina damage like in everything.. Or make one morph stamina one magicka and dont forget to make stamina abilities cost 15% less
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stamina morphs are an abomination.

They're one of the big hurdles to translating ES's huge Skyrim / Oblivion / Morrowind playerbase into ESO ones.

Magic consumes magicka. Weapon attacks consume stamina.

This is known Khaleesi. And makes sense. Nothing about stamina morphs makes sense.

Stamina morphs are a secondary abomination which arose from the primary one of ESO's classes. Having forced everyone to pick a limited class with limited magic abilities but allowing everyone free access to a variety of physical weapons the devs eventually had to concede that not everyone wants to play a hybrid.

Instead of doing away with classes they arbitrarily changed some magic abilities to consume and scale with stamina.

Magicka / stamina scaling is a different abomination, which arose from the Skyrim abomination of craptastic scaling of magic spells compared to weapons, and the popularity of the mod which scales spell damage to total magicka. Not because that's a great or even good idea but because it's the simplest fix which the engine allowed.

That said, the trend seems to be in the direction of abilities which scale with either but consume magicka. I like that trend. And maybe it'll even end with doing away with resource scaling altogether.

What abilities should scale with is physical / magic damage (check). Armor (light > medium > heavy), with the tradeoff being that resistance obviously goes in the other direction (heavy > medium > light). And maybe in the physical / magic damage category there should also be physical / magic healing - so that you can't simultaneously be both a super healer and a super damage dealer.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    there should be BOTH stamina and magicka choices in the vampire skill line and its morphs!
    only fair.

No. You can always go Werewolf if you want stamina based skills.
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam mist. Stamist.
    Edited by Fur_like_snow on January 19, 2020 2:42AM
  • UltraMex
    UltraMex
    ✭✭
    I would like stamina morp for every classes abilities or a new stamina class :neutral:
  • Toanis
    Toanis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe make vampire abilities work like soul trap? Always cost magicka but scale to higher stat?

That way magica would still be required for sustain, but a sword-swinging vampire, while not being able to fully rely on them, could still utilize abilities that are quite literally supposed to be in his blood.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    ^This!^

So very much this!

And it makes sense too... werewolves -were- more classically associated with the physical, and while there are vampires that are physically inclined as leftover from their mortal lives as warriors, the -vampirism- itself has -always- been a magical effect in lore and legend. And so should its skill representations in ESO be.

IF anything, there could be morphs whose effects are split between "more beneficial to magica characters" and "also beneficial for stamina characters", but they always should be based on magica to cast...

One valid possibility would be scaling vampire abilities from -health-, as representing their bodies capacity to store stolen blood... though that might be a tad iffy with the ESO game mechanics, so...
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ID LIKE TO SEE ALL SKILLS GO OFF YOUR HIGHEST POLLING MAG OR STAM SO THAT WE CAN GET OVER THIS WHAT IS BETTER STATE WE'RE IN
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn right some vampire skills should scale with stamina especially that slash in Skyrim the vampire lord had a poison slash for example.
  • snoozy
    snoozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ID LIKE TO SEE ALL SKILLS GO OFF YOUR HIGHEST POLLING MAG OR STAM SO THAT WE CAN GET OVER THIS WHAT IS BETTER STATE WE'RE IN

AMEN
    PC EU