Maintenance for the week of March 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 31, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
We are aware that some of our players on Xbox One have recently lost their ESO Plus access. We are investigating the issue and will update as new information becomes available. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6675307/#Comment_6675307

Do Campaigns have "Inner Circles" of players cross faction?

  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double Soul Assault gank

    “Fun”

    :D
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    LOL a little while back I was running across countryside, because I was, of course stuck in combat, and all of a sudden had a whole group (10-12) of reds, just riding their mounts beside/around me. They did that for about 2 minutes and then rode off.

    Conspiracy?
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's not ok to have friends on other factions?

    Maybe a group of players started on the same faction. Then some decided to play on another faction. Or maybe they are in a cross faction guild. This happened a lot with dueling guilds.

    I agree if somebody jumps in a 1v1 to save their buddy, that is lame as ***, but in the bigger scheme of things, does it really matter?
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I see two players fighting and it looks relatively evenly matched I’ll just let the fight play out uninterrupted. Alliance war is just PvP ERP.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ArchMikem I can understand your point of view, but it's not my point of view.

    A player having friends or acquaintances on a another faction, is of no matter to me.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah of course. There is honor among certain groups of players. Faction lock is meaningless to someone who doesn’t care about the campaign score. Faction lock/faction pride is PvP RP.

    GG...

    So which is your most popular campaign now? As on Xbox it's the locked one. Despite the choice. Thus settling the matter once and for all which people prefer.

    UL
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus - VR16 (810CP) Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus - Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus - Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

    Fighting for : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Luna Wolves
    Small Scale [PvP] : Random Reds
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

    Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus - L42 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets - CP160+ Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    It becomes evident during prime time, and sometimes other hours when you'll notice things like players ignoring rezzes, players not attacking certain others, groups of enemy players focusing down a single person while friendly players just watch etc. And you start to recognize the same gamertags involved. One high Alliance Rank player in my Campaign even admitted in chat that he only plays with the "OG Pact" and craps on everyone else.

    This feels exactly like the Trading Guild conspiracy. Like PvP has a fight club.

    yes they do and your right about what you said and there is ALOT more involved.
    it drives people away and far as im concerned its harrassment that should not be allowed and should be reported.
    people also point out stealthed players to everyone and many many more things that should get them banned for.
    best in slot: is the armor, weapon, clothing look, pet, or no pet, jewelry, race, class, skill choices, amount of DPS, and skin color best fit to you and the way you wish to play and makes you feel good and performs what YOU think it should be.

    worst in slot: what you read in zone chat, and forum comment, and forum thread, and you tube video, and live streamer advice, and class rep advice, and guild chat advice, and whisper told you to wear, and use for skill, and dress like, and use for weapon and armor.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    MajBludd wrote: »
    It's not ok to have friends on other factions?

    Maybe a group of players started on the same faction. Then some decided to play on another faction. Or maybe they are in a cross faction guild. This happened a lot with dueling guilds.

    I agree if somebody jumps in a 1v1 to save their buddy, that is lame as ***, but in the bigger scheme of things, does it really matter?

    Its the Alliance War, not the Alliance League of Regulated Duels. Im not going to watch a friendly lose a fight when i could use their help at a Keep.

    It's an online video game with "Play How You Want" tagline.

    You can do your thing and roleplay the brilliant strategos who is always so close to definitive victory (but keeps getting pushed all the way back every night) and they can roleplay their League of Regulated Duels.

    And if two guys are legit dueling and you decide to jump in, break up their duel and kill one of them the other one is not going to join you at a keep. Just saying.

    Then at least I removed a potential threat to me and other Reds in the immediate future and got a little AP out of it. I've come across plenty of supposed buddies dueling outside Keeps and Outposts, and the enemy player almost always stops dueling to bulldoze any other player that happens upon them, and the one friendly dueling just stands by and watches, and doesn't offer a rez.
    CP1,200+ Master Explorer - AvA Praetorian - Console Peasant

    "It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you,
    There's nothing that a hundred bugs or more could ever do,
    I bless the Quests down in Tamriel,
    Gonna take some time to do the Dungeons we never had."
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Royaji wrote: »
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    MajBludd wrote: »
    It's not ok to have friends on other factions?

    Maybe a group of players started on the same faction. Then some decided to play on another faction. Or maybe they are in a cross faction guild. This happened a lot with dueling guilds.

    I agree if somebody jumps in a 1v1 to save their buddy, that is lame as ***, but in the bigger scheme of things, does it really matter?

    Its the Alliance War, not the Alliance League of Regulated Duels. Im not going to watch a friendly lose a fight when i could use their help at a Keep.

    It's an online video game with "Play How You Want" tagline.

    You can do your thing and roleplay the brilliant strategos who is always so close to definitive victory (but keeps getting pushed all the way back every night) and they can roleplay their League of Regulated Duels.

    And if two guys are legit dueling and you decide to jump in, break up their duel and kill one of them the other one is not going to join you at a keep. Just saying.

    Then at least I removed a potential threat to me and other Reds in the immediate future and got a little AP out of it. I've come across plenty of supposed buddies dueling outside Keeps and Outposts, and the enemy player almost always stops dueling to bulldoze any other player that happens upon them, and the one friendly dueling just stands by and watches, and doesn't offer a rez.

    I wonder why... :wink:
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    MajBludd wrote: »
    It's not ok to have friends on other factions?

    Maybe a group of players started on the same faction. Then some decided to play on another faction. Or maybe they are in a cross faction guild. This happened a lot with dueling guilds.

    I agree if somebody jumps in a 1v1 to save their buddy, that is lame as ***, but in the bigger scheme of things, does it really matter?

    Im not going to watch a friendly lose a fight

    And remember, "Play How You Want".
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was fighting a fool last night. I don’t like him. He don’t like me. He ran right into a group of AD. I knew them too. I don’t like them either. He was DC and ran to his AD pals. I dipped out.

    There’s groups of pals who play cross faction. Simple as that. Me personally I attack anyone not playing currently on my faction.

    I run with people in the past who were like, “I’m cool with those guys,” I know them” and won’t engage. We’re grouped up 2 man 4 man whatever and you won’t attack fools because you’re cool with them.

    I ungrouped, I unfriended. Kill me if you can. I’m gonna kill you if I can. I don’t want to make friends with anyone to the point I can’t play the game. I set foot in Cyro to kill folks.

    Once you PvP for a bit you get to know who’s who. I know who is friends with whom so who is unreliable to fight alongside.
    Edited by JumpmanLane on December 30, 2019 5:11AM
    Witch up, lil' witches!
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Royaji wrote: »
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Royaji wrote: »
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    MajBludd wrote: »
    It's not ok to have friends on other factions?

    Maybe a group of players started on the same faction. Then some decided to play on another faction. Or maybe they are in a cross faction guild. This happened a lot with dueling guilds.

    I agree if somebody jumps in a 1v1 to save their buddy, that is lame as ***, but in the bigger scheme of things, does it really matter?

    Its the Alliance War, not the Alliance League of Regulated Duels. Im not going to watch a friendly lose a fight when i could use their help at a Keep.

    It's an online video game with "Play How You Want" tagline.

    You can do your thing and roleplay the brilliant strategos who is always so close to definitive victory (but keeps getting pushed all the way back every night) and they can roleplay their League of Regulated Duels.

    And if two guys are legit dueling and you decide to jump in, break up their duel and kill one of them the other one is not going to join you at a keep. Just saying.

    Then at least I removed a potential threat to me and other Reds in the immediate future and got a little AP out of it. I've come across plenty of supposed buddies dueling outside Keeps and Outposts, and the enemy player almost always stops dueling to bulldoze any other player that happens upon them, and the one friendly dueling just stands by and watches, and doesn't offer a rez.

    I wonder why... :wink:

    Because theyre crappy team players in a team based multiplayer.

    I´ll share my point of view regarding this. Most of the times I run in a smaller group in Cyrodil (2-4 players usually). Occasionally there´ll be situations where I´ll end up dueling someone who´s alone. If it´s obvious that there´s a "dueling atmosphere" around the fight I´ll tell my group not to engage, because it kinda goes against how I like to play (call it "a codex", honour or whatever suits you).

    If someone else outside from my group (but same faction) decides to join in to 2v1 that person, I`ll disengage since it goes against my principles that it´s bad courtesy to interrupt a duel. So usually I let my opponent deal with the player who interrupted before we continue with our duel. And the reason I´m not going to resurrect the player who interrupted the duel is so that player might learn that it´s bad courtesy to interrupt something that is obviously a duel.

    When it comes to avoiding attacking certain players that are on the opposite faction, it´s usually people you recognize and in many situations those people are already fighting outnumbered, and it´s not in my interest to join in against people who are already outnumbered (with very few exceptions), no matter what faction they might belong to.

    Its the Alliance War, not the Alliance League of Regulated Duels. Im not going to watch a friendly lose a fight when i could use their help at a Keep.
    No one is obliged to attack players just because they belong to an enemy faction. Everyone has their reason to why they PvP. Some people prefer the objective based PvP (taking keeps, wining the campaign etc) and some people prefer to do other stuff in PvP zones. And while you may dislike it, there´s nothing wrong with having other reasons to PvP outside of the "Alliance War/Faction roleplay" (poorly worded but you get my point I think).

    So not as much of "Conspiracy" going on as you might think, just that people prefer to play differently ^^

    absolutely agree every word. I only hate one thing over crappy zerg groups and that is duel breakers. Would love to be able to friendly fire in that moments but I just only can disengage and /sitchair . Would be great to have a common code like /sitchair or whatever to tell the other "please, kill the duel breaker and we can continue" XD
  • nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, there are inner circles but no, it is not a conspiracy. Some of us have been playing on the same campaign for 3-5+ years and manage to build good relationships despite being on enemy factions. Honor is not something you come across often in cyrodiil and when you find an honorable opponent, you return the favor. I've had no engage relationships, spoken or unspoken truces for years because I saw a player make an effort to not do anything "unfair" against me.

    These people have become my closest in game friends and, in fact, I met the majority of my inner circle by fighting against them initially. If you think us regular pvpers with a network of friendships and connections will toss that aside for a member of our faction that we don't even know, something doing something of questionable honor, you are dearly mistaken. I have no issue admitting I am more loyal to these relationships than my own faction. We play the way want to, as do you.

    I don't think OP quite understands what he's complaining about. Each of us plays the game the way we want to, and not based on another's idea of fun. You are just asking too much and come across as wanting to control individual freedom.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t see any problems with having friends on another alliance, leaving enemy groups alone cause “someone knows someone”, or even the occasional “team green/purp/orange” fight... the problem lies with tactical espionage ie: passing scrolls/ hammer, setting up max camps to block, or simply boosting the same ppl to the top of the campaign for emperor control/sale... been happening way to long and I fully blame ZoS. It’s pretty easy to look at game files and it’s pretty obvious when “insert booster name” is generally 5-10 million AP ahead of everyone at day 1-2 of a campaign. Epstein didn’t kill himself and Alliance collusion happens daily...
    Edited by UppGRAYxDD on January 26, 2020 3:05PM
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Yes, there are inner circles but no, it is not a conspiracy. Some of us have been playing on the same campaign for 3-5+ years and manage to build good relationships despite being on enemy factions. Honor is not something you come across often in cyrodiil and when you find an honorable opponent, you return the favor. I've had no engage relationships, spoken or unspoken truces for years because I saw a player make an effort to not do anything "unfair" against me.

    These people have become my closest in game friends and, in fact, I met the majority of my inner circle by fighting against them initially. If you think us regular pvpers with a network of friendships and connections will toss that aside for a member of our faction that we don't even know, something doing something of questionable honor, you are dearly mistaken. I have no issue admitting I am more loyal to these relationships than my own faction. We play the way want to, as do you.

    I don't think OP quite understands what he's complaining about. Each of us plays the game the way we want to, and not based on another's idea of fun. You are just asking too much and come across as wanting to control individual freedom.

    You're speaking like i dont understand what the game is about. Cyrodiil is a Team based Capture the Flag multiplayer. Players like you are choosing to ignore the Objectives and the Team parts in favor of your personal ties. You just even admitted you'd screw over your own team to honor your friends.

    Wait till this guy finds out that’s there’s PvE content in cyrodiil, he gon’ be so mad when someone tells him that his “teammates” are off in Cheydinhal instead of fighting over objectives.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    Yes, there are inner circles but no, it is not a conspiracy. Some of us have been playing on the same campaign for 3-5+ years and manage to build good relationships despite being on enemy factions. Honor is not something you come across often in cyrodiil and when you find an honorable opponent, you return the favor. I've had no engage relationships, spoken or unspoken truces for years because I saw a player make an effort to not do anything "unfair" against me.

    These people have become my closest in game friends and, in fact, I met the majority of my inner circle by fighting against them initially. If you think us regular pvpers with a network of friendships and connections will toss that aside for a member of our faction that we don't even know, something doing something of questionable honor, you are dearly mistaken. I have no issue admitting I am more loyal to these relationships than my own faction. We play the way want to, as do you.

    I don't think OP quite understands what he's complaining about. Each of us plays the game the way we want to, and not based on another's idea of fun. You are just asking too much and come across as wanting to control individual freedom.

    You're speaking like i dont understand what the game is about. Cyrodiil is a Team based Capture the Flag multiplayer. Players like you are choosing to ignore the Objectives and the Team parts in favor of your personal ties. You just even admitted you'd screw over your own team to honor your friends.

    Wait till this guy finds out that’s there’s PvE content in cyrodiil, he gon’ be so mad when someone tells him that his “teammates” are off in Cheydinhal instead of fighting over objectives.

    Wait till this guy finds the Prefect rank in their sig, and realizes what that implies and how that contradicts his attempt at making a jab.
    CP1,200+ Master Explorer - AvA Praetorian - Console Peasant

    "It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you,
    There's nothing that a hundred bugs or more could ever do,
    I bless the Quests down in Tamriel,
    Gonna take some time to do the Dungeons we never had."
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    ArchMikem wrote: »

    You're speaking like i dont understand what the game is about. Cyrodiil is a Team based Capture the Flag multiplayer. Players like you are choosing to ignore the Objectives and the Team parts in favor of your personal ties. You just even admitted you'd screw over your own team to honor your friends.

    Respectfully, it doesn't seem like you understand. Cyrodiil has many possible objectives and even without the kind of 'inner circle' you're describing, there's no guarantee that any other group on your faction is going to do what you want. Some will trying to push emp. Another may be trying to earn AP for their later emp push. Some may be going for maximum AP via PvDoor. Others will be looking for fun fights. Even among groups that prioritize faction score, there can be significant disagreement on which keeps to push or defend and at what priority. People from your faction may not help you in a small fight because they know your opponent, but also because they have other priorities, or they know your opponent is not going to be a quick kill.

    Then there's no point in teams.
    CP1,200+ Master Explorer - AvA Praetorian - Console Peasant

    "It's gonna take a lot to drag me away from you,
    There's nothing that a hundred bugs or more could ever do,
    I bless the Quests down in Tamriel,
    Gonna take some time to do the Dungeons we never had."
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    ArchMikem wrote: »

    You're speaking like i dont understand what the game is about. Cyrodiil is a Team based Capture the Flag multiplayer. Players like you are choosing to ignore the Objectives and the Team parts in favor of your personal ties. You just even admitted you'd screw over your own team to honor your friends.

    Respectfully, it doesn't seem like you understand. Cyrodiil has many possible objectives and even without the kind of 'inner circle' you're describing, there's no guarantee that any other group on your faction is going to do what you want. Some will trying to push emp. Another may be trying to earn AP for their later emp push. Some may be going for maximum AP via PvDoor. Others will be looking for fun fights. Even among groups that prioritize faction score, there can be significant disagreement on which keeps to push or defend and at what priority. People from your faction may not help you in a small fight because they know your opponent, but also because they have other priorities, or they know your opponent is not going to be a quick kill.

    Then there's no point in teams.

    Only a Sith deals in absolutes.
    We may be down but we will never be out.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    ArchMikem wrote: »

    You're speaking like i dont understand what the game is about. Cyrodiil is a Team based Capture the Flag multiplayer. Players like you are choosing to ignore the Objectives and the Team parts in favor of your personal ties. You just even admitted you'd screw over your own team to honor your friends.

    Respectfully, it doesn't seem like you understand. Cyrodiil has many possible objectives and even without the kind of 'inner circle' you're describing, there's no guarantee that any other group on your faction is going to do what you want. Some will trying to push emp. Another may be trying to earn AP for their later emp push. Some may be going for maximum AP via PvDoor. Others will be looking for fun fights. Even among groups that prioritize faction score, there can be significant disagreement on which keeps to push or defend and at what priority. People from your faction may not help you in a small fight because they know your opponent, but also because they have other priorities, or they know your opponent is not going to be a quick kill.

    Then there's no point in teams.

    Wow, you went from 'you can't always count on your faction to help your particular fight' to 'there's no point in teams'? Just to make things a bit more concrete, I can talk about how things usually go with the small group I run with. If we got to a resource, we're not going to watch an ally die if the opposition is something we can take on. But if you decide to chase someone into the tower after the resource flips, and it quickly becomes clear that this enemy has doesn't hours and hours just running around towers, we'll probably bail. (similar if you engage a troll tank or super evasive night blade). If we ride out of a keep and you're fighting someone right there, we might engage, or we might just ride past because we have an objective in mind somewhere else.
  • Sporigudinai
    Sporigudinai
    ✭✭
    It will just upset you more if you keep the mentality that everyone must do the way you think it´s right.
    You should play the way you think is better and funnier, find some more guys that think like yourself and play together.

    I think it´s really nice the lock faction thing, i like to play as a honor knight because my DK is like that so what can i do.
    If i see you dead i will ress you or die trying because i´m like that, but not necessary i will get angry if you don´t do the same.
    Sir Eizenheim - DC Sotha
    Sporigudunai - DC Kyne
  • Sporigudinai
    Sporigudinai
    ✭✭
    Im really bad so if i´m 1x1 with someone please help me
    Sir Eizenheim - DC Sotha
    Sporigudunai - DC Kyne
  • coletas
    coletas
    ✭✭✭
    Im really bad so if i´m 1x1 with someone please help me

    personally I dont like to enter in a 1vs1 except when the enemy is a known zerg or a rager XD I dont like someone "helps" me when im on a 1vs1. I would love to have a button to actívate friendly fire on that situations. My friend, the best way to be better is 1vs1 or 1vs2 all you can.

    about Cyro... well... is so bad organized (mostly because there are no tools or organization for that) that most people play just for fun doing what they want. And I love that XD would be great to have commanders, tactics, etc... yeah. Is great to have a complete chaos like always.... yeah too XD

    The only problem I see on PvP is lag, usually caused from big stupid zergers
  • mikikatze
    mikikatze
    ✭✭✭
    It would be nice to see some kind of dueling match flag in Cyro when people decide to enjoy a 1vs1 and want it to stay that way, because unless you play every day and know players by name, how would you tell who needs actual help and who is just enjoying themselves in a duel?
Sign In or Register to comment.