Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

Do Campaigns have "Inner Circles" of players cross faction?

ArchMikem
ArchMikem
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
It becomes evident during prime time, and sometimes other hours when you'll notice things like players ignoring rezzes, players not attacking certain others, groups of enemy players focusing down a single person while friendly players just watch etc. And you start to recognize the same gamertags involved. One high Alliance Rank player in my Campaign even admitted in chat that he only plays with the "OG Pact" and craps on everyone else.

This feels exactly like the Trading Guild conspiracy. Like PvP has a fight club.
CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The first rule of fight club...
    Ray
  • SmukkeHeks
    SmukkeHeks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s a guild thing..
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They'd all be trolling playing together if the most populous campaign wasn't the locked one.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Of course they do. There are players who couldn't care less about the campaign and just play for the fights.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chances are you're seeing small scalers or 1vXers. We generally don't fight each other open world, as it is generally a waste of time and it won't be fair fights anyways due to the laggy nature of Cyrodiil and open world builds make of things considered unfair in duels. We already duel each other a lot in Wayrest so we leave open world for smashing pugs.
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well yeah absolutely happens, as General rule for me I never attack anyone I know if it would be an outnumbered fight but thats just me.
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.
  • Fur_like_snow
    Fur_like_snow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah of course. There is honor among certain groups of players. Faction lock is meaningless to someone who doesn’t care about the campaign score. Faction lock/faction pride is PvP RP.
    Edited by Fur_like_snow on November 23, 2019 3:34PM
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Chances are you're seeing small scalers or 1vXers. We generally don't fight each other open world, as it is generally a waste of time and it won't be fair fights anyways due to the laggy nature of Cyrodiil and open world builds make of things considered unfair in duels. We already duel each other a lot in Wayrest so we leave open world for smashing pugs.

So if i get that right, if you came across myself fighting alongside one of your buddies, you'd focus me and leave your buddy alone? And then the buddy wouldnt rez me and be on their merry way.

Cause that scenario happens a lot.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I see someone already fighting outnumbered, I generally don't pile on.
    If I am fighting someone and a bunch of allies run up, I generally stop and/or walk away.
    If a friend/guildie away from the herd, I leave them alone.
    If it's a group v group or big battle... well... game on.
    ArchMikem wrote: »

So if i get that right, if you came across myself fighting alongside one of your buddies, you'd focus me and leave your buddy alone? And then the buddy wouldnt rez me and be on their merry way.

I haven't seen that. That just sounds like one or more jerks is involved.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure there are some cross faction “inner circles”, but mostly you’re seeing conspiracies and boogeymen when there are none.

Declining rezzes - it’s more likely that people take the opportunity to take the dog out, use the bathroom, grab another drink, etc. If you spent much time in cyro grouped you’d know that people do this and communicate it to their groups. “Don’t Rez me I gotta hit the head” and the like.

Players not attacking certain enemy players - absolutely. Some players are so hard to kill that it’s a detriment to the fight to focus on them before the rest of the group is downed. This is also communication that happens in groups “ignore —- and focus the healer!” Those trolly tank builds are designed to distract the enemies, smart players and groups won’t take the bait.

Enemies focusing on a single person while friendly players watch - yep. I do this all the time. If we are holding a line or kiting a Zerg and some rando charges in or falls behind we’re going to let him die. And when I’m solo or small scale I’m not going to support a player who went into a clearly outnumbered fight alone. And sometimes that player being focused by the enemy is our own trolly tank who is out there to distract them knowing we’ll leave him to his fate and kill from the perimeter.

And often groups will ignore enemy players and groups because they have an objective and don’t want to be held up. It’s not worth going off course for handful of enemy players, or another small scale group you know will take forever to fight.

Bottom line, you’re assigning ill intent where there likely isn’t any. Despite what you read in the forums, cross faction coordination isn’t that common.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its pretty much red is dead for me. I run from solo to zerg in size. About the only time I hold back is sometimes if I feel we are zerging and initiated contact for no reason. if they are on a capture point though, or insist on trying to pick off stragglers, and follow us, all bets are off. In general; I dont think much of it as many would small man V 1 and not see how little difference that is to zerging 1 down. Theres also a handful of guys who know they outmatch me and have stood back and let me fight a buddy of theres, and I find that useful for me getting better so they will be shown extra respect if I know its them.

For rezzing friendlies; i try to unless its someone obnoxious in zone chat or someone i healed and they took it for granted and stayed in red, or they are so weak that they waste smart heals.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Most small scalers won't intentionally outnumber a solo or other small-scalers. If some small-scaler sees you fight me solo, they won't join in to help you for the most part and if I kill you, whether they give you a rez or not is totally upto them, most won't. However say if they join in, I will focus you earlier not because they are my buddy, but because I want you dead asap as it will make my fight against them easier significantly without having worry about an additional guy around. Then I get the choice to try and kill them or escape. Chances are that the fight will end in a stalemate cause we will using things like LoS to survive as much as possible which won't be the case in duels. Then they will probably go their own way and me mine.

You see, many small-scalers themselves don't depend others on anything so they don't give any help either. For them, you might as well be another NPC especially if you run in groups.

I generally rez dead people if it is safe enough. That does not change the fact we are there mostly to kill as many people as possible and could not care less about things like factions or campaign or anything of that type. I will join in to help if you are being outnumbered and not on the verge of getting zerged down. But if you are fighting alongside equal or higher numbers, I won't join to help you zerg down but wait till all of you are dead and then go in for the kills myself but once I am done, if you are still there, I will rez you sure.
  • nryerson1025
    nryerson1025
    ✭✭✭✭
    it's not right to assume a conspiracy simply because there are players whose style does not match your own? there is no rulebook to cyrodiil posted at each faction's gates. there is only a TOS. if they did anything to violate that, that is another story, but this is not that.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm sure there are cross faction guilds. At least there used to be and most were duelling guilds.

I'm sure there are other guilds where they started out as a certain faction but moved to another for whatever reasons. Ending up with players on multiple factions.

They may have, and this might sound crazy, friends on other factions that they let do their thing. I see nothing wrong with this.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The biggest joke is saying small scalers don't zerg a single player down.
    I have yet to come across a small scale group of 4 that don't all attack me at once and won't 1v1.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have yet to come across a small scale group of 4 that don't all attack me at once and won't 1v1.

Don't forget the bagging after they win.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I can get the salt if you get "zerged" by the same smallscale groups consistently, but why the hell do you expect people that are grouped to waste their time to 1v1 you??

Most small scale groups I know/see usually ignores solo players, but if that solo players keeps engaging and wants to be the faction hero and do a 1v4 idk what they expect would happen.....
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

I can get the salt if you get "zerged" by the same smallscale groups consistently, but why the hell do you expect people that are grouped to waste their time to 1v1 you??

Most small scale groups I know/see usually ignores solo players, but if that solo players keeps engaging and wants to be the faction hero and do a 1v4 idk what they expect would happen.....

It proves small scalers are hypocrites and cry when multiple people chase them but they also can't have a fair fight.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    from my experience most groups will not engage a solo player and just continue onto their objective (your really not that important to us) IF however you choose to engage then we will kill you and ride off, i personally have stood toe to toe with an enemy player/s and not fought that doesnt mean i am their friend either i know their gamer tag and think better about getting killed or they are thinking the same
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭

well small scaler need to pile up defense / in defensive mode to be able 6 vs 20. to be able to kill they need to focus 1 enemy at the time cause low damage stats / offensive window.
    that is funny to complain getting 'zerged' when you 20v6.

if you happen to see 4 enemy player when you completely alone and 'not dodging them', dont complain if they attack you since you alone that mean you searching for outnumbered fight.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    evoniee wrote: »

well small scaler need to pile up defense / in defensive mode to be able 6 vs 20. to be able to kill they need to focus 1 enemy at the time cause low damage stats / offensive window.
    that is funny to complain getting 'zerged' when you 20v6.

if you happen to see 4 enemy player when you completely alone and 'not dodging them', dont complain if they attack you since you alone that mean you searching for outnumbered fight.

You guys keep repeating small scale groups ignore the lone player cause theyre not worth their time/not important. Thats contradictory to my experiences. Most small scale groups are usually AP farmers, and if youre riding along and they see you, they WILL attempt to run you down. God forbid youre responding to a Home Keep's resource under attack and theyre waiting for you.

Really, in their eyes, a lone player is easy AP.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

It proves small scalers are hypocrites and cry when multiple people chase them but they also can't have a fair fight.
    The way I look at it is I tend to leave solo players/other small scalers alone, but if that particular player is actually an xv1 zergling that loves to pile on me/my group when he is outnumbering, I have 0 problems zerging him down 4v1. Fair game after all. The amount of people who act 'friendly' when they are alone while in turn zerging you down every chance they get is astonishing. The "y u zerg me" whispers are even better.
    Edited by Koensol on December 2, 2019 8:46AM
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @evoniee not entirely true. I'm alone a lot due to the fact most of the people I grouped with left the game, or dont play as often.
    Its not that I'm looking to get ganked or rolled by a Xv1, but if that happens, oh well. I can rez.
  • Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m cross faction. I’m usually more worried if others think I’m a spy as well as getting group invite. (Only 1 ad group invite, while last remaining laa campaign have many dc group after switch from ad. Think many ad used to me as red in Yol.But some dc not mind). But I always Rez others. Scout for whatever alliance i currently on. Not to mention warn (while not “crying wolf”) when enemy faction on. I have so many friends that are loyal to one side. Yet they still befriended me. I expect them and want em attack me. But I always Siege all 3 keeps. (2 actually, not want Siege keep that I currently serving. I’m unable speak for others. Must admit first time hearing “inner circle”
    Edited by Serjustin19 on December 2, 2019 6:06PM
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, I've come across some pretty "questionable" players as well as respectable players.

Once, I was 1v1 on top of a bridge while one of his buddies watched. They knew it was a 1v1 because we had back and forth whispered each other during a zerg fight. As the player I was dueling was near death, the buddy jumped in randomly with a full D-Swing+Onslaught+Executioner combo from behind me to prevent his buddy from losing.

It was pretty much a deciding factor that the person who stepped in (mind you, was a well-known HC player that had a lot of respect) is no longer among my respectable listed players. So, yes it happens but don't take it to heart. Just remember who they are that did you wrong and focus them whenever you see em!
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't PVP much now days and with PVP on life support who knows if its still a thing but back in the day yes there were definitely inner circles of cross faction players lost count of how many times I would get ganked by both DC and AD players at the same time and if they got lucky and killed me teabaged by my own alliance while they chill out next to each other or the fact I used to get hate whispers all the time when I was on my AD character telling me to stop attacking DC and vice versa or i would get reported.
    Edited by RebornV3x on December 6, 2019 5:58PM
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RebornV3x wrote: »
    I don't PVP much now days and with PVP on life support who knows if its still a thing but back in the day yes there were definitely inner circles of cross faction players lost count of how many times I would get ganked by both DC and AD players at the same time and if they got lucky and killed me teabaged by my own alliance while they chill out next to each other or the fact I used to get hate whispers all the time when I was on my AD character telling me to stop attacking DC and vice versa or i would get reported.

Lol I remember those days too!! I remember there would be one guy, presumably solo, near one of my alliance's keeps that would bait players by "pretending" to fight someone from our alliance. When you would come up to help out they would stop fighting and two more players would pop out of stealth and you would get 1v3'd while your own alliance guy watched. Then they would all T-bag you.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol I remember those days too!! I remember there would be one guy, presumably solo, near one of my alliance's keeps that would bait players by "pretending" to fight someone from our alliance. When you would come up to help out they would stop fighting and two more players would pop out of stealth and you would get 1v3'd while your own alliance guy watched. Then they would all T-bag you.

Those two stories are absolutely horrid. It's why I loved Mass Effect 3's Multiplayer so much. Nothing but cooperative PvE Multiplayer horde mode. Only time you played with other people was when you worked together.

PvP is the only thing left in the game that wastes my time between new content updates, but even still every time I go into Cyrodiil there's ALWAYS something that frustrates me to no end. At least though there are rare moments like last night where I kept going after this AD Templar standing on a corner tower inside Chalman waiting for fights and on my second or third attempt my Zaan's procced and we both went down in a draw cause I couldn't heal in time to save myself from his DoT. When I saw that Xbox message pop up I was expecting insults but all I got was a laugh and GG.
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Those two stories are absolutely horrid. It's why I loved Mass Effect 3's Multiplayer so much. Nothing but cooperative PvE Multiplayer horde mode. Only time you played with other people was when you worked together.

PvP is the only thing left in the game that wastes my time between new content updates, but even still every time I go into Cyrodiil there's ALWAYS something that frustrates me to no end. At least though there are rare moments like last night where I kept going after this AD Templar standing on a corner tower inside Chalman waiting for fights and on my second or third attempt my Zaan's procced and we both went down in a draw cause I couldn't heal in time to save myself from his DoT. When I saw that Xbox message pop up I was expecting insults but all I got was a laugh and GG.

don't get me wrong back around Wrothgar- One Tam I had some great fights I can't remember the name of this great Mag Sorc I fought him for 15 minutes until only one of us walked away going back an forth almost killing him. both of us trying to get that one mages fury proc to finally end it being on the verge of death countless times almost like fighting my reflection so many good memories like that time I 1v1 a overconfident AD VR 16 Emp only to get jumped by his group right before I can get the kill. those salty tears I will never forget. or all the times me and Hellion would gank poor souls and just for fun double Soul Assault people to death out of stealth was the most fun Ive ever had.
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • Jabbs_Giggity
    Jabbs_Giggity
    ✭✭✭✭✭

don't get me wrong back around Wrothgar- One Tam I had some great fights I can't remember the name of this great Mag Sorc I fought him for 15 minutes until only one of us walked away going back an forth almost killing him. both of us trying to get that one mages fury proc to finally end it being on the verge of death countless times almost like fighting my reflection so many good memories like that time I 1v1 a overconfident AD VR 16 Emp only to get jumped by his group right before I can get the kill. those salty tears I will never forget. or all the times me and Hellion would gank poor souls and just for fun double Soul Assault people to death out of stealth was the most fun Ive ever had.

Yeah too bad ZOS ruined actually fun gameplay...thanks to casuals cries