Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

The problem with Alliance Locking...

raasdal
raasdal
✭✭✭✭✭
Is that there is no real alternative to the Alliance Lock campaigns...!

On PC-EU, there are 2 options. CP or NO CP with alliance lock. IC and the Standard (No alliance lock) are COMPLETELY EMPTY. There is simply not playerbase enough to maintain more than 2 campaigns.

What does this mean? For me, it means that i am completely unable to play on all characters. I have one main EP, 3-4 AD secondarys. And some mules and what-nots. The problem is that BG's are broken as always. I can get a 20 min. wait. So this is not a reliable way to get PvP. I have to go to a main campaign and have the BG queue running in the background. Otherwise i can risk sitting in zone for 20 min. and waste my time.

So.. If i have my main connected to a campaign this effectively BLOCKS me from playing ANY of my AD Characters.

oo00oo

TL;DR: PLEASE for the love of god, remove Alliance Locking.
PC - EU
Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Same on PC/NA. And we’re seeing a lot more off hours capping of the map when only one faction has significant population :/
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The root of the problem is the drop in playerbase, which can be laid squarely at ZOS' feet for their failure to fix persistent performance issues for years.
    Edited by VaranisArano on December 10, 2019 10:33PM
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Same on PC/NA. And we’re seeing a lot more off hours capping of the map when only one faction has significant population :/

It was always prevalant, just not as noticeable as people used to switch characters to... do something. A unicolour map is boring.
    The root of the problem is the drop in playerbase, which can be laid squarely at ZOS' feet for their failure to fix persistent performance issues for years.

A problem can have more than one cause.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Insert beating dead horse gif here*
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    *Insert beating dead horse gif here*

With necromancers in the game that horse will be resurrected as many times as its needed ;)
  • Zer0oo
    Zer0oo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos: how do we screw up many veteran players?
    Dev: "let's add faction locks so the campaigns will get even more unbalanced and the old player can no longer play many of their Charakters in pvp.
    ZOS: can we still add something to this?
    Devs:"sure. We make it bug out on introduction so players can not change faction after the official end and will not fix it for at least 2 more campaigns. We also do not take part in communication with them about faction locks and how it could be improved. Neither do we tell them about this bug."
    Zos:sounds good
    Ice Furnace: This item set now grants Spell Damage, rather than Weapon Damage for the 4 piece bonus
    - Update 23
  • Karm1cOne
    Karm1cOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There exist no locked campaigns. The problem is getting population there. A lot of casuals like locked. That forces a lot of 1vX and small man to stay in locked. Unless there is a player coordinated mass eso dr us to nonlocked, locked will be the defacto "main" campaign.

Convince a dozen people to swap to unlocked. Be the change you want to see in the game.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karm1cOne wrote: »
    There exist no locked campaigns. The problem is getting population there. A lot of casuals like locked. That forces a lot of 1vX and small man to stay in locked. Unless there is a player coordinated mass eso dr us to nonlocked, locked will be the defacto "main" campaign.

Convince a dozen people to swap to unlocked. Be the change you want to see in the game.

Incorrect. The casual majority does not care either way. They just click on the first campaign on the list. Which happens to be the locked one. Put the unlocked one at the top of the first page and see locked become a ghost town. There isn't enough players to fill two campaigns. Unless it's PC EU and look how well it is running...
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hahaha this is funny, you complained when faction lock was introduced said it would kill the game yet its pop locked most nights but because you couldnt faction hop it wasnt good enough so ZOS gave you a non faction lock 30 day campaign and now THATS not good enough because its empty! there is a clear choice and both sides have a campaign yet the faction hoppers REFUSE to populate the campaign they asked for and continue to complain...........you guys could win a new car and still complain about the colour
    Edited by Alienoutlaw on December 12, 2019 2:31PM
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    yet its pop locked most nights

Sorry, can't take people seriously who point at prime time being locked like it's an achievement.

• Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if people wanted it, they would be there.
    only a few small group wanted it.
    the rest of us are enjoying the campaign locked.
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove faction lock
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I thought those 1 v X folks were looking for good fights, I guess a good fight to them means, fighting those with a lot less experience.

• ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

I thought those 1 v X folks were looking for good fights, I guess a good fight to them means, fighting those with a lot less experience.

It means facing a challenge you have a chance to win. Boy you people have a lot of sand in your eyes from all that head diving.
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It simply means there’s a lot more players to fight in the main campaign. Casual doesn’t necessarily mean inexperienced either, I’m casual (I don’t play as much) at the moment but still a small scale player.

Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alliance lock has ruined a lot of game time for me as well. 30 day lock out of your characters you dedicated time to create really nerfs your interest
  • ZarkingFrued
    ZarkingFrued
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gilvoth wrote: »
    if people wanted it, they would be there.
    only a few small group wanted it.
    the rest of us are enjoying the campaign locked.

Cant believe players aren't allowed to play their characters in the only populated campaign to appease mass hysterical delusions about "spies!". Smh.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The reality is players actually interested in PvP flock to the more populous campaign. CP/No-CP, Alliance lock or not, is all pretty much irrelevant.

Zos made the change because some players asked for it. Zos will not just change it back all of a sudden because that would be tantamount to admitting they did not think the change through very well. So deal with it and ofc, create as many threads as you see fit.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    The reality is players actually interested in PvP flock to the more populous campaign. CP/No-CP, Alliance lock or not, is all pretty much irrelevant.

Zos made the change because some players asked for it. Zos will not just change it back all of a sudden because that would be tantamount to admitting they did not think the change through very well. So deal with it and ofc, create as many threads as you see fit.

Faction lock is working fine, for example PC EU no cp, we ( ad ) won by a margin of 800 pts and ep was only 1,5 k behind as third place. That looks pretty even steven to me.
    Edited by TheFM on December 16, 2019 5:38PM
  • Gatdangmayne
    Gatdangmayne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here's my very simple suggestion, and i can't wait for it to be shot down by you guys.

Remove emp, and the whole leaderboard completely, since we have volenlag and are getting more op weapons like it emp is unnecessary.

Lower pop cap, not much, im not sure where its at now but everyone claims "ya can't do that it'll leave like 10 per faction!!!" Bs. 75 per faction would be plenty, and I'm fairly certain that is lower than the current cap.

Faction score is now reset at the end of everyday - 2am est? Idk.

So, why tf would you do this? So when you queue for cyrodil, you go to whichever camp isnt locked yet, so now we can have two campaigns with actual fights, instead of one laggy unplayable mess and one empty pvdoor map.

Just a random idea. All i know is lock has definitely hurt population and competitiveness.

• JadonSky
    JadonSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hahaha this is funny, you complained when faction lock was introduced said it would kill the game yet its pop locked most nights but because you couldnt faction hop it wasnt good enough so ZOS gave you a non faction lock 30 day campaign and now THATS not good enough because its empty! there is a clear choice and both sides have a campaign yet the faction hoppers REFUSE to populate the campaign they asked for and continue to complain...........you guys could win a new car and still complain about the colour

This ^
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheFM wrote: »

Faction lock is working fine, for example PC EU no cp, we ( ad ) ein by a margin of 800 ltd and ep was only 1,5 k behind.

Has nothing to do with faction lock. The campaign has been relatively balanced scorewise even before the locks. It is also only the score that is balanced, and it is just because different factions are PvDooring at different times. Population outside of primetime is often imbalanced, resulting in a one-coloured map. And those that play mainly for the fights and prefer the underpopulated side get inevitably stuck on the overpopulated faction from time to time. Not being able to play all chars/with friends/getting punished for actually trying to balance the campaign - those issues are caused by faction locks and can't be denied.
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »

Faction lock is working fine, for example PC EU no cp, we ( ad ) ein by a margin of 800 ltd and ep was only 1,5 k behind.

Has nothing to do with faction lock. The campaign has been relatively balanced scorewise even before the locks. It is also only the score that is balanced, and it is just because different factions are PvDooring at different times. Population outside of primetime is often imbalanced, resulting in a one-coloured map. And those that play mainly for the fights and prefer the underpopulated side get inevitably stuck on the overpopulated faction from time to time. Not being able to play all chars/with friends/getting punished for actually trying to balance the campaign - those issues are caused by faction locks and can't be denied.

As much as nightcapping annoys me, hopping annoys me far more. So gonna have to 100 percent disagree. The game was designed with faction lock in mind. The one tamriel update was great for pve, but awful for pvp. If people felt so strongly they would move to the non locked campaigns, but clearly thats not the case.
  • Rianai
    Rianai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The unlocked campaign doesn't solve any of those issues i mentioned. Nobody wants to play on an unlocked campaign just for the sake of having no locks.
    Edited by Rianai on December 16, 2019 6:04PM
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rianai wrote: »
    The unlocked campaign doesn't solve any of those issues i mentioned. Nobody wants to play on an unlocked campaign just for the sake of having no locks.

I could agree with a one time change for the issue of people joining one side and then realizing everyone did.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Faction lock is working fine, for example PC EU no cp, we ( ad ) won by a margin of 800 pts and ep was only 1,5 k behind as third place. That looks pretty even steven to me.

Last 3 Kaal campaigns on Xbox NA have been won by a minimum of 20,000 points, but as long as you've seen one close one, sure, it's a truly great decision. :neutral:
  • TheFM
    TheFM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mr_Walker wrote: »

Last 3 Kaal campaigns on Xbox NA have been won by a minimum of 20,000 points, but as long as you've seen one close one, sure, it's a truly great decision. :neutral:

Same for cp i believe too, was also very close.
  • sharquez
    sharquez
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My regular PVP group just changed alliances and with alliance lock I'm expected to pay over a million in gold or alliance points to be able to play with them. That's not okay. This isn't a high stakes e-sport. There is literally no defensible reason for alliance lock to exist or ever have. Play how you want my foot. I'm quite frustrated with this situation.
    At least 3 of each class. PVPing Since IC.
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sharquez wrote: »
    My regular PVP group just changed alliances and with alliance lock I'm expected to pay over a million in gold or alliance points to be able to play with them. That's not okay. This isn't a high stakes e-sport. There is literally no defensible reason for alliance lock to exist or ever have. Play how you want my foot. I'm quite frustrated with this situation.

You'll still be locked until next campaign. Don't pay anything.
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • Sparr0w
    Sparr0w
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd rather have 10 ok fights, 4 heavily out numbered fights & 1 good fight an hour vs 1 good fight a day.

Just allow people to guest still on other alliances I guess, like on my server AD is usally 2 bar, EP 3 bar, DC 0-1 bar I'd love to hop on DC whenever possible, but I only have 1 DC character & 3 AD characters, the rest are EP & I'm not throwing away the transmutes :/
    @Sparr0w so I get the notification
    Xbox (EU) - l Sparrow x | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc | NB | Warden | Necro
    Tank: NB | DK | Warden
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH
    PC (EU) - Sparrxw | CP 810+
    DD: All Mag + Stam
    Heal: Templar | Sorc
    Tank: DK | NB
    Completions: All HM's + TTT + IR + GH + GS