The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

How much do you mind loading screens?

• Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I need another game to move to.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    How much do i mind them? It depends on when they are used. Between zones ok. When i am in the middle of a battle with a dragon with 200 people as happened the last night of the last event, no thank you.

They have improved for me but this is because i got a new pc, so they obviously have been shortened significantly.
  • Sylvermynx
    Sylvermynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't really have issues with load screens. They're a few seconds, during which I either drink some coffee, let the dog out, whatever. *shrug*
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Too the point that I do very little but train 'horses' and check my mail and leave for another game

They need to be gone from everything but needed changes of 'zone' and even those need to be cut to 1/100th there current length (as lets be fair for most it is the server 'hamster' that is holding things up)
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The worst game I've ever played for loading screens was the original Legacy of kain on ps1? (Ps2?)
    This is the second worst.
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't mind them in general, aside from those stupid cases of overly long loading screens when your going from one Wayshrine to another in the same zone, especially when running dolmens in the Alikir only to miss the entire dolmen due to the load screen only for it to happen over and over until you either re log or simply giving up and logging out for awhile.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And were they better, worse, or the same for you in ESO during 2019?

Anecdotally, Id tentatively say that load screens have got longer in 2019. But I doubt this is a significant deterioration, if any, and the load screens have always been on the long side. The running joke among my friends being "This may be a usually long load time"!

With that said, ESO has a LOT to load, in comparison with many inferior MMOs. I personally do not mind a load screen, if beyond this the game is stable.
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't care if they're fast.
    Very frustrating otherwise.
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• illusiouk
    illusiouk
    ✭✭✭
    Only place loading screens is annoying for me is in Cyrodiil and especially when it loads i'm lying there dead. :|
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Random load screens while fighting people in PvP, in the middle of nowhere, porting to a keep thats UA

Hate them
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They serve the very important function of allowing for bathroom breaks, drinky breaks and small to medium nap times.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Depends where they happen tbh:

Char loggin screen: meh...

A couple of secs after you just respwan at a wayshire: What the hell?!

In a middle of a PvP fight: Oh my freaking God!
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I hate initial long loading screen, which leads to me not even launching the game, even though I need to feed horses.
    I hate spontaneous loading screens, when you're in the middle of combat or crossing the town, like Stormhaven. The rest are fine.
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Lady_Linux
    Lady_Linux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    4k60 loading screens are awesome!
    I simply must protest. There are no Penguin avatars for me to use in the forums.

BTW, I use arch too
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They serve the very important function of allowing for bathroom breaks, drinky breaks and small to medium nap times.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Methinks you may have taken some quite sizable naps... hope they came with good dreams
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this