Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How much do you mind loading screens?

tinythinker
tinythinker
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭

And were they better, worse, or the same for you in ESO during 2019?
Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
(And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • Wheresthetea11
    Wheresthetea11
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depends on the situation.... just running around overland or from place to place in cyro... eh, frustrating. But when you’re in the middle of a siege/fight it’s pretty infuriating, especially when you, either A) end up crashing and having to relog. Or B.) you come out of it dead.

Loading into another zone I don’t really mind at all, it’s part of the game and every game has em. It’s the random ones that get annoying.

And so far they’re worse... so much worse...

Edit: totally glossed over base game load screens, so used to just random ones
    Edited by Wheresthetea11 on December 10, 2019 1:28PM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean when I transition zones, sure I am can deal. However I would expect them to be reasonably fast considering today's technologies and internet speeds.

As said above, happening for any reason other than leaving a zone (like randomly in Cyrodiil) is a no no and bugs me.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • rollingphoneseb17_ESO
    Playing since beta, loading screens never got better since. It just went downhill which is always the case with everything in ESO, naturally this year had the longest loading screens.

I can't see why something could get better. Every aspect of the game just breaks further with each new update.

LFG was always broken, new one is even more broken. Friend on PS4 deleted ESO, because he is not able to enjoy ESO anymore as he gets Blue screens every 10 minutes of playing.

Remember ZoS promised us class identity? There is none. LOL

Chapters and clown crates/loot boxes more important it seems.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mid-field and mid-combat loading screens in Cyrodiil annoy me.
    I'm not sure why possession of a keep flipping seems to trigger a loading screen some of the time, but it's not a good thing - there are often enemy players still running around and it sucks to be suddenly rendered helpless in the middle of a active battle zone.
  • CaptainVenom
    CaptainVenom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except for the first log in after an update, which takes more than five minutes, I don't really mind... since I run ESO on a SSD.
    🌈 Ride with Pride 🌈Magicka/Damage Necromancer - PC - NA - DC
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't mind load screens, unless they are never ending load screens. What irritates me in PvP is when I am racing to get to another keep and while mounted I get a load screen, and then travel a little further and get another load screen.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Load screens between zones and instances is fine. Load screens out in the overland for no reason will annoy me. If they are infinite, they can ********** right off.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    A lot, hate them. I´m always thinking the best way to avoid them all I can.
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont mind lots of short loading screens.

I HATE the completely random ESO loading screens. Sometimes its a second, sometimes its its 30 seconds, sometimes its 5+ mins, and thats for loading into the same damn place each time.

2017-2018 with the infinite loading screens was the worst, i Cyrodill each time you die or port you had a chance of having to restart your client, still pretty damn *** in 2019 though.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Total drag. In addition to the above:

You get penalized twice when your faction doesn't own a district in IC. I hate being banished to the sewers. While I don't die much anymore, it sure sucks the fun out of IC.

Collecting mails while shopping is a pain, due to the unnecessary loading screens. Also there's almost always some material I forget to buy for crafting and it's back from the guild hall to a sales hub and back to the guild hall again.

Why are there always loading screens around the home keeps, like Kingscrest (EP)? Why is there a loading screen when a keep is upgraded and gains those extensions at the edges? Those are almost entirely non-functional. An example where less would have been more, if it avoided stupid extra loading screens.

Do character loading screens count for the purpose of this thread? Many people do daily writs on multiple characters. I don't, due to the loading screens.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mind them a great deal, especially the Cyrodiil load screens that seem to happen whenever a keep flips, a wall degrades or is built up, a door is knocked down, or whenever you travel north of Bleakers.
    Is it an Xbox only problem that snow causes an inordinate amount of random load screens?
  • Finedaible
    Finedaible
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The only loading screens I have an issue with are the ones that occur randomly in Cyrodiil and in Imperial City. Cyrodiil is one contiguous zone like any other with even less stuff in it than normal PvE zones, so there should be no reason for these arbitrary loading screens to lock you up. Entering a delve is understandable, but at least you know it's gonna happen and can plan accordingly.
  • Odovacar
    Odovacar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    During combat of course I get upset so I'd have to say I don't mind them very well at all. Going forward maybe ZOS could add in updated pictures of zones and text...at least something else to stare and swear at would help ...idk.
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Loading screens are a necessary evil. However, the NUMBER of them is not. There are plenty of creative ways to circumvent the number if it were any kind of priority. For example:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6481117
  • LoneStar2911
    LoneStar2911
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shantu wrote: »
    Loading screens are a necessary evil.

Agreed.
    But... I still loathe them. I despise them with every fiber of my being. They're a bane to all games that have them.
    Usually they're not very long, seeing as I have a decent computer and a decent SSD.
    But..... still.
    Ugh.

One day... some day... I hope loading screens will be a thing of the past.
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loading into a zone or instance, no problem. Random loading screen, much problem.
  • phileunderx2
    phileunderx2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loading screens in my house ..not cool
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When they are normal loading screens, I don't mind them at all. When they are never ending loading screens of frustration and boredom, then I mind them a lot.

• Ardaghion
    Ardaghion
    ✭✭✭
    They hardly bother me now that I've upgraded my networking. My ISP is a WISP, a wireless ISP and I'm behind one NAT already, the home router adds another NAT. My old router didn't work very well with ESO, especially if my partner and I were both trying to play. One of us would get extremely long loading screens or just lock up and have to restart the game.

After buying a new home router and changing the UPnP Xbox Live port for one console, loading times into the game and between zones have dropped dramatically. I think the longest loading screen was about 30 seconds into Southern Elsweyr on the last full day of the dragon event.
  • IndianaJames7
    IndianaJames7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Load screens when porting between instances or switching toons - non issue, I think they have actually gotten better over the few years I have been playing tbh

Random load screens mid combat? Zero tolerance for these, fortunately I haven’t had this issue for quite a while now
  • Facefister
    Facefister
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Interrupting my game session by crashes and abnormal long loading screens is wasting my money on my subscription.
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Load times on the first everquest on dial up with 50 year old phone lines used to irritate me. They were faster most times ha ha. I can deal with it most times unless an event has you traveling all the time, or the random in zone load screens. That's gotta go
  • PizzaCat82
    PizzaCat82
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Every second matters. If I've got 18 characters (only 13 at the moment) but if it takes 1M to exit to the logon screen and 2-3 to login to the next character thats 18+36=54 minutes of time waiting to do something simple like daily crafting writs.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I load into a new zone I don’t mind loading screens.

When I’m standing in the middle of a field (that is definitely not on the border of instance content ex. a city that’s under attack for some of my group but not all) I absolutely mind loading screens.

Loading screens are fine. When the purpose is to load in
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • nafensoriel
    nafensoriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Major transitions I can tolerate up to 2 minutes. (major defined as a new zone transition)
    Minor transitions should take no longer than 30 seconds(fast travel within a zone)
    There should never be a loading screen when transitioning between grids(or if not grids then item pop in should never be noticeable due to range)

In PVP zones my tolerance for any loading screen goes down drastically since the absolute worst thing to experience is death while thumbupbuttis is happening.
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Major transitions I can tolerate up to 2 minutes. (major defined as a new zone transition)
    Minor transitions should take no longer than 30 seconds(fast travel within a zone)
    There should never be a loading screen when transitioning between grids(or if not grids then item pop in should never be noticeable due to range)

In PVP zones my tolerance for any loading screen goes down drastically since the absolute worst thing to experience is death while thumbupbuttis is happening.

Ahh, the old prostate check special
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
  • khajiitNPC
    khajiitNPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hit a load screen just about every time a keep flips , lasts no more than a couple seconds, still annoying, outside that I don’t experience load screens that are abnormally long.
  • scorpius2k1
    scorpius2k1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We just have to accept the loading screens at this point, 5+ years and going. Even wayshrine to wayshrine in the same zone has gotten ridiculous. It is what it is, and nothing we can do about it being at the mercy of a foot-dragging developer.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Edited by scorpius2k1 on December 11, 2019 2:07AM
    🌎 PC/NA
    🐧 Linux (Arch)
    🧑‍💻 ESO Addon Dev
    ⚔️ Stamplar | Magplar | Stamcro | Magsorc | Magcro Healer
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've developed an "Oh well" mentality. When it happens, I just sit back and wait. If it hits in the middle of a battle in Cyrodiil, I just expect to load back in as a corpse, but secretly hope everyone else around me got the same loading screen.

However it really is hilarious when you're in a losing fight, but then most of the enemy players gets a loading screen, and you don't. Game performance can directly change the course of a battle. :D
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I close the game and reopen it instead of typing "/reloadui" now. I think that says enough!