The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Class Rep] Vampire Feedback Thread

• Perashim
    Perashim
    ✭✭✭
    Do we even have a representative for vampire?
    Despair for the Living...
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can any stam users comment on the changes to Devouring Swarm on PC since the patch? I really want it to be a viable hot lol
  • Perashim
    Perashim
    ✭✭✭
    Can any stam users comment on the changes to Devouring Swarm on PC since the patch? I really want it to be a viable hot lol

Same, but also for magicka.
  • Chiriri_Gleameyes
    Chiriri_Gleameyes
    Soul Shriven
    I think vampires need to be given a more compelling reason to feed. My vampire assassin hasn't fed for years, and that just seems... wrong.

Maybe if well-fed vampires got a bonus to magicka/magic damage while starving vampires got a bonus to stamina/weapon damage things might get a bit more interesting. Keep the fire penalty at 25% no matter what stage you're at (because you're still a vampire whether you've eaten or not), and keep the "look" depending on how advanced the stage is (because hungry vampires should be scary!) Just my thoughts, since the way vampires are set up now seems to be lacking.

• Pizzathegreat
    Pizzathegreat
    ✭✭
    Hi, first let me say sorry about my bad english and the upcoming wall of text :/

1- My 2 big complains are:
    A- Visual cosmetic looks of the vampire skin
    B- Gameplay almost non existant regarding on beign a vampire.

Playing as a werewolf is fun and is active and you feel like a monster while playing it. The vampire is just there for the passives, would be nice to get an active gameplay to feel as if you are playing a vampire.

Now, forgive me about my awfull photoshop skills, but I will present you with an idea about how "I" would like the vampire characters to look like.

Visual changes

The originals are on the left, and the new ones on the right.

Stage 1
    xyJtQDq.png

What I did here is something easy, the player retain almost the same color of the original skin tone he/she choosed. So no more purple redguards, the cats and lizards retain their original colors instead of be all white, etc. The foccus change is just the eyes.

Now the original eyes get red on the sclera (the white part of the eye) and also get the pupil (round colored one) red. The whole look around the eyes is quite washed out, and its a bit hard to notice from the distance, a diferentiation on the pupil is needed.

What I did here to fix my complain, is to make the sclera white, and the red pupil more shiny and bright. The red pupils now stand out a lot more, and if you could add some reflection to it would make it even better, like shine on the dark.

Stage 2

I removed this stage because is the one I hate the most and I will explain later how is not needed with the new gameplay changes I will propose next.

Stage 3
    QmIZYGA.png

I have no issue with the skin turning pale and getting veins visible. On cats and lizards this skin mask should be waaay less severe, allowing them to retain their fur and scale choices but somewhat look more pale or damaged. Sorry for not making pics for those ones.

What bothers me most of this stage is the eyes, how the sclera goes red and the pupil white. This make it look more like a zombie than a vampire.

What I did to fix my complain is to make the sclera darker, almost black and change the pupil into shiny red
    Now the attention again is centered around the eyes, while before the look was off to me. The new one feels more scary.

Stage 3
    H78ZgzH.png

My issue here was that the switch between stage 3 and 4 is almost the same but only the eyes go full zombie mode this time beign almost all white and with purple veins on the face. It looks weird to me.

What I did here is a big change, and the idea is to represent a starved vampire, showing some skinny feel with bones visible, like truly starved.
    So I took the original stage 4 vampire skin and merge it with the soul shriven skin. It doesnt look too good because my photoshop skills are limited, but I think is good enough to get the idea.

Also the eyes changed again, I used my stage 3 version of the eyes with the dark sclera but this time the pupils are yellow/orange.

Would be nice if the hair color could change also to get more white instead of keeping the original healthy color.

I think that with this 3 new proposed visuals for the stages, there is a clear difference between them, and you will be able to recognize on plain sight on wich stage a player is.

Gameplay changes

How feeding and the stages works right now, they are backwards. A vampire gets stronger the more he feed, not the more he starves.

The reason I wanted to have 3 stages instead of 4 is because is easier to balance.

Stage 1

This stage is centered around beign well feed, the gameplay is more about health regen. To heal fast against damage and to actively feed and damage the enemy while doing so, you know like a vampire is supposed to do. You take less fire damage, the vampire skills cost less to cast but there is no bonus on the damage they do, because feeding cause damage now.

5% Flame Damage taken, 25% Vampire Ability cost reduction, 70% Health Recovery increase.

Stage 2

This stage is a balance in the middle between stage 1 and 3.

You take more fire damage, the vampire skills are a bit more expensive to cast, there is no bonus on health regen but the vampire skills do more damage.

15% Flame Damage taken, 15% Vampire Ability cost reduction, 0% Health Recovery reduction, 5% Vampire Ability damage

Stage 3

This stage is the opposite of stage 1, is centered on recive more damage but causing more damage too.
    You take more fire damage, the vampire skills are more expensive to cast, there is a big negative impact on health recovery but the vampire skills do more damage.

25% Flame Damage taken, 5% Vampire Ability cost reduction, 70% Health Recovery reduction, 15% Vampire ability damage

Of course this numbers are not even close to be balanced, but I put them there to help to elaborate my idea. Every time you cast a vampire skill, you decend more into the stages, that remains the same.

________

Skills

While the werewolf is all about stamina, the vampire will be all around magicka, so there will not be stamina morphs for the skills.

-Feeding is now an active ability, now it cause damage and is not required to be on stealth and from the back, it works in combat from any direction. The animation remains the same and now it makes sense to put points on the original design passives.

-Drain esscense remains the same concept but does more damage. The idea is to be the main attack spamable.

-Mist form remains the same concept, a escape and movile skill.

-"insert cool name" fear skill, it works similar to nightblade mass hysteria. Vampires are supposed to be scary works as cc.

-"insert cool name" gap closer skill, it works like the current clouding swarm, turn into a cloud of bats and leap to the target.

-Bat swarm remains the same concept. Clouding swarm was turned into a gap closer skill, so the morph should be something different.
    If devouring swarm heals you, then clouding swarm or another fitting name for the morph will do more damage, the teleport thing is removed.

There are a lot more cool skills around this forum to get ideas, so is up to you dear Zenimax to give us something fun to play.

TL;DR Stage 1 looks almost human, actively feed and center on healing, Stage 2 looks more vampire, is something in the middle, Stage 3 looks like a filhty starved corpse, does not feed at all, cause more damage but have more backwards.

I dont know if this is useful or not, but was fun to compile, thank you for the reading :)

Edited by Pizzathegreat on August 21, 2019 7:39AM
  • Perashim
    Perashim
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe feeding levels up your vampire, you start as a fledgling and by continuously feeding your skills become more powerful and you can get a title like Nightstalker Vampire or Elder Vampire. However, you can only get the power boost if you are sated, and the power boost starts going away more and more per Vampire Stage after 1.

Would give players an incentive to keep feeding.
    Edited by Perashim on August 21, 2019 11:49AM
  • scirocco2
    scirocco2
    1. Please disable the extra flame damage for pvp as a pvp player only and loving the vampire skills its a pain, so many running dawnbreaker.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like vampire feeding to be a bite on the neck like skyrim tbh.
  • Expert
    Expert
    ✭✭✭✭
    Comparing Vampire to Werewolf or Fighters guild, vampire doesn't really give us any benefits. Haha, the only thing great about it is mist. And that even can bug out sometimes.
  • Pizzathegreat
    Pizzathegreat
    ✭✭
    If there is a lot of trouble adjusting skins and stuff, and just wanna go by an easy cosmetical fix and ignore all the gameplay changes for now, could at least be possible to change how the eyes are made so at least we get something that will not require months of balance and testing?

Original eyes:
    D6C985f.jpg
    The more we advance stages, the pupil goes white and at end it looks like a zombie or a skooma adict.

New eyes:
    6p7miTO.jpg
    I kept the same original aproach of having a red sclera, but made it darker.
    The pupil now shines more and is red in all the stages, but have a black reborder around it to differentiate from the sclera.

I will recomend to open the pictures on his full size to notice better the changes.

Thank you for giving the chance to players to provide feedback on this awesome game!

Original on the left, new on the right

ljCgkEB.png
    O68YFYK.png
    WKOte1y.png
    UvaZJqv.png

Edited by Pizzathegreat on August 23, 2019 1:25AM
  • Perashim
    Perashim
    ✭✭✭
    I think many people would just be happy with a "Hide Vampirism" option for aesthetical reasons.
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perashim wrote: »

Still bad, damage went from 4k to 5.1k healing didnt change
  • Perashim
    Perashim
    ✭✭✭

Shame, it needs some serious attention to make it viable for both options.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for off-topic, but Scalebreaker changes:
    - WW player: I just want to have a purpose...
    - Vampire player: I want to look nice !

I think that this is meme-able... :D
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Shame, it needs some serious attention to make it viable for both options.

Yeah, magic damage remains, should have been changed to physical/spell whichever is higher.

Went from 4419 to 5557 magic damage to each enemy. The heal for me, from 2142 to 2189...

After all that “1500%” BS we got in the patch notes, that seems ludicrous. Its only skill to me that feels vampire
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative

I have played vampire characters throughout the game history, and personally think that vampirism needs some attention.
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glory wrote: »

I have played vampire characters throughout the game history, and personally think that vampirism needs some attention.
    Yes especially with our weakness to fire don’t matter how good or tanky u are against a good magic dk ur just straight roasted lol 💀
    Edited by Deathlord92 on September 11, 2019 7:17PM
  • Glory
    Glory
    Class Representative

Yes especially with our weakness to fire don’t matter how good or tanky u are against a good magic dk ur just straight roasted lol 💀

In the current state, vampire has severe downsides in PvP, basically negligible downsides in PvE, and overall probably could use more skills or "kiss-curse" :)

(Personal opinion)
    Edited by Glory on September 11, 2019 8:24PM
    mDK will rise again.
    Rebuild Necromancer pet AI.

@Glorious since I have too many characters to list

Ádamant

Strongly against Faction Lock
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In the current state, vampire has severe downsides in PvP, basically negligible downsides in PvE, and overall probably could use more skills or "kiss-curse" :)

(Personal opinion)
    Agreed that be awesome hopefully stam morphs to xD
    Soul Shriven
    On XBox, Vampires Feed using Y+B.

Dark Brotherhood's Blade of Woe is Y+B.

Would it be possible to change either one of these to use Y+X instead?

No matter how much I try to "slow my roll", or "pay attention", I inevitably use the exact opposite of what I intended.

Thank you,

DB Vamps
    Tamriel Local 108th.
  • Orjix
    Orjix
    ✭✭✭✭
    well, as the next patch is closing in, imma go for it and say make a way for vamps to look normal. its not going to be listened to, but there it is
  • SpankinDamob
    SpankinDamob
    ✭✭✭
    Well they did add a skin to the new crates that makes you look like a even uglier vampire 😂 Personally I don’t mind the undead look. I just want tattoos to show.
  • mikikatze
    mikikatze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Orjix wrote: »
    well, as the next patch is closing in, imma go for it and say make a way for vamps to look normal. its not going to be listened to, but there it is

My wish for Christmas!
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove undeath+mist stacking. It is simply stupid when even most powerful executes in the game can't cut through this 2 stacked. 75%+17% (at 25% HP) = 80% mitigation. Add here battle spirit and you got 90% before resistances and protective buffs. Even killer's blade / impale / executioner damage is neutered by this.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampire looks awesome imo
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove undeath+mist stacking. It is simply stupid when even most powerful executes in the game can't cut through this 2 stacked. 75%+17% (at 25% HP) = 80% mitigation. Add here battle spirit and you got 90% before resistances and protective buffs. Even killer's blade / impale / executioner damage is neutered by this.

I died plenty of times while in mist form, plus it puts a big “kill me with fire and dawnbreaker!” target on you
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I died plenty of times while in mist form, plus it puts a big “kill me with fire and dawnbreaker!” target on you

Ok. 20k tooltip molten whip after onslaught will do 25% HP stage 3 vampire in mist... whopping (20/2*0.2*1.2) 2.4k damage! after onslaught! whip - hard counter to vampire.. of course you will die eventually, but any other character will die much faster.
  • Thevampirenight
    Thevampirenight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hi, first let me say sorry about my bad english and the upcoming wall of text :/

1- My 2 big complains are:
    A- Visual cosmetic looks of the vampire skin
    B- Gameplay almost non existant regarding on beign a vampire.

Playing as a werewolf is fun and is active and you feel like a monster while playing it. The vampire is just there for the passives, would be nice to get an active gameplay to feel as if you are playing a vampire.

Now, forgive me about my awfull photoshop skills, but I will present you with an idea about how "I" would like the vampire characters to look like.

Visual changes

The originals are on the left, and the new ones on the right.

Stage 1
    xyJtQDq.png

What I did here is something easy, the player retain almost the same color of the original skin tone he/she choosed. So no more purple redguards, the cats and lizards retain their original colors instead of be all white, etc. The foccus change is just the eyes.

Now the original eyes get red on the sclera (the white part of the eye) and also get the pupil (round colored one) red. The whole look around the eyes is quite washed out, and its a bit hard to notice from the distance, a diferentiation on the pupil is needed.

What I did here to fix my complain, is to make the sclera white, and the red pupil more shiny and bright. The red pupils now stand out a lot more, and if you could add some reflection to it would make it even better, like shine on the dark.

Stage 2

I removed this stage because is the one I hate the most and I will explain later how is not needed with the new gameplay changes I will propose next.

Stage 3
    QmIZYGA.png

I have no issue with the skin turning pale and getting veins visible. On cats and lizards this skin mask should be waaay less severe, allowing them to retain their fur and scale choices but somewhat look more pale or damaged. Sorry for not making pics for those ones.

What bothers me most of this stage is the eyes, how the sclera goes red and the pupil white. This make it look more like a zombie than a vampire.

What I did to fix my complain is to make the sclera darker, almost black and change the pupil into shiny red
    Now the attention again is centered around the eyes, while before the look was off to me. The new one feels more scary.

Stage 3
    H78ZgzH.png

My issue here was that the switch between stage 3 and 4 is almost the same but only the eyes go full zombie mode this time beign almost all white and with purple veins on the face. It looks weird to me.

What I did here is a big change, and the idea is to represent a starved vampire, showing some skinny feel with bones visible, like truly starved.
    So I took the original stage 4 vampire skin and merge it with the soul shriven skin. It doesnt look too good because my photoshop skills are limited, but I think is good enough to get the idea.

What you photoshoped should be added to the game. Because that is an improvement right there I think. Or maybe have that as an option because that is good actually. Would make vampirism look better.
    I'd actually would like that change for stage three and stage four vampirsm. hopefully one day they will do something with vampirism. Hopefully one of these major updates will have a change like this one for stage three and four. Because it does make it look a lot better to me.
    Edited by Thevampirenight on December 9, 2019 9:23AM
    PC NA
    Please add Fangs to Vampires.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vampire elves lose their huge pupils upon transformation. How this was not fixed over the years???
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PSA: Argonian vampires look normal again with the Maormer skin