The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

The “Easy Sorc” build

• zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kolzki wrote: »
    zvavi wrote: »

Let's be honest, you were going to farm for a lightning staff anyway. Difference is, it's easier to farm a UI zap stick than an IA one. Certainly cheaper than a MS one.

Wrong on all accounts. If i build a heavy attack build it would be a dk. If i build a sorc heavy attack build it would be pet sorc. If i build a non pet heavy attack sorc it would run new moon acolyte and julianos or mechanical acuity or a small chance of PFG. I would even consider lokestis before chosing UI.

Because you know. I am talking about a heavy attack Sorc. Heavy attacks. Same rotation. It is just that hmm, people like you that come here to dismiss opinions against the build scream that we dont talk about the same thing, well, we don't, since obviously i talked about heavy attack sorcs, while you talked about and i quote, "this high intensity FGD + MS build on my nightblade"

Edit: and if you think that my opinion doesn't matter, my over 70 days on heavy attack pet sorc while enjoying dlc dungeons would like to say hi.

You know that you two are actually agreeing with each other about the whole nb thing, yeah?
    If you're sitting there going, "yeah, but I can run this high intensity FGD + MS build on my nightblade that puts out a ton of damage," congrats. You're not the person this build was designed for.

I was not agreeing with him xd, i was quoting him conversing not on the topic
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's be honest, you were going to farm for a lightning staff anyway. Difference is, it's easier to farm a UI zap stick than an IA one. Certainly cheaper than a MS one.

Wrong on all accounts. If i build a heavy attack build it would be a dk. If i build a sorc heavy attack build it would be pet sorc. If i build a non pet heavy attack sorc it would run new moon acolyte and julianos or mechanical acuity or a small chance of PFG. I would even consider lokestis before chosing UI.

Because you know. I am talking about a heavy attack Sorc. Heavy attacks. Same rotation. It is just that hmm, people like you that come here to dismiss opinions against the build scream that we dont talk about the same thing, well, we don't, since obviously i talked about heavy attack sorcs, while you talked about and i quote, "this high intensity FGD + MS build on my nightblade"

Edit: and if you think that my opinion doesn't matter, my over 70 days on heavy attack pet sorc while enjoying dlc dungeons would like to say hi.

You know that you two are actually agreeing with each other about the whole nb thing, yeah?
    If you're sitting there going, "yeah, but I can run this high intensity FGD + MS build on my nightblade that puts out a ton of damage," congrats. You're not the person this build was designed for.

I was not agreeing with him xd, i was quoting him conversing not on the topic

Quoting him saying that coming here derailing the thread to talk about nb light attack builds is essential not on topic... :)
  • Ascarl
    Ascarl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ascarl wrote: »
    I can confirm that new moon works well on easy sorc like builds. All of the benefits with no sustain problems. Just drop all the champion points in penetration. Or keep them if you want some more cleave for trash.

What other set are you using along with NMA?

For the undaunted infiltrator plus infallible aether easy sorc pulls around 47% of its dps from light and heavy attacks alone. Swap one of those out for NMA or mother’s sorrow and you’ll shift the percentage of dps more towards the pet and damage skills.

I used to run a 1 pet build that was very close to the current easy sorc build in a vas +2 group. That build ran mothers sorrow with infallible aether. It was otherwise very similar to the current xynode easy sorc build.

The build should hit decent damage dropping either UI or IA for mother’s sorrow or new moon acolyte. They might have some affect on the optimal rotation though.

I’d check Xynode’s website though for his alternative gear setups. His recommended alternative setup without trial gear is currently NMA and Turogs Pact. There’s a whole range of other suggestions there too.

Thanks for your reply. But at least for me, Xynode's website is down right now.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And thanks for letting me know you dropped 2 Lightning UI staffs, gee thanks! lol.

And I've gotten three BSW BBQ sticks.

I mean, here's the thing, RNG will always be RNG. You can run the same dungeon countless times, and the game can just say, "nope, screw you, have a medusa bow and like it."

On the overall difficulty of the content, it's easier to hit the groupfinder and run Arx than it is to go into Crag, jump into a vAA pug, and hope for the best.
  • lassitershawn
    lassitershawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Lex wrote: »
    What I don't get is why some people have such a vendetta against Xy and his build philosophy. I've watched 10mns of one of his streams - seems like a nice guy. Let's all be adults here. If you don't like it, don't run it.

I dont have anything about his build philosophy, i have something against the farm for lightning staff and use of 200 transmute crystals (jewelry+weapon) for a set that doesn't preform better than what i already have in bank. I mean, even op said he didnt manage to complete the build because he didn't find the lightning stave, so he had to change it a bit. I dont think it is healthy for a build :3

Edit: and thats btw what most people that advise against it have in mind while you know, advising against it.

As for 200 crystals? What else are you going to do with them? I mean, granted, I'm the guy sitting here with a metric ton of the things that I can't use, but if you're doing your pledges, and even just pugging normal trials with any frequency, you'll be drowning in crystals faster than you can spend them.

Even my alt account is sitting at over 200 right now, and I don't even run group content on them usually.

So, what you get is a build that is very easy to run. If you're sitting there going, "yeah, but I can run this high intensity FGD + MS build on my nightblade that puts out a ton of damage," congrats. You're not the person this build was designed for.

MS lightning staves are super cheap...? I'd imagine anyone could get the gold to buy one in a fraction of the time it would take to get any BoP staff that isn't a named drop.
    William Thorne - EP Breton Sorcerer
    Astrid Winterborn - EP Breton Warden
    Erik Ironskin - EP Nord Dragonknight
    Venasa Viri - EP Dunmer Nightblade

IR x8, GH x5, TTT x2
  • Heelie
    Heelie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Lex wrote: »
    What I don't get is why some people have such a vendetta against Xy and his build philosophy. I've watched 10mns of one of his streams - seems like a nice guy. Let's all be adults here. If you don't like it, don't run it.

I dont have anything about his build philosophy, i have something against the farm for lightning staff and use of 200 transmute crystals (jewelry+weapon) for a set that doesn't preform better than what i already have in bank. I mean, even op said he didnt manage to complete the build because he didn't find the lightning stave, so he had to change it a bit. I dont think it is healthy for a build :3

Edit: and thats btw what most people that advise against it have in mind while you know, advising against it.

As for 200 crystals? What else are you going to do with them? I mean, granted, I'm the guy sitting here with a metric ton of the things that I can't use, but if you're doing your pledges, and even just pugging normal trials with any frequency, you'll be drowning in crystals faster than you can spend them.

Even my alt account is sitting at over 200 right now, and I don't even run group content on them usually.

So, what you get is a build that is very easy to run. If you're sitting there going, "yeah, but I can run this high intensity FGD + MS build on my nightblade that puts out a ton of damage," congrats. You're not the person this build was designed for.

MS lightning staves are super cheap...? I'd imagine anyone could get the gold to buy one in a fraction of the time it would take to get any BoP staff that isn't a named drop.

The funny thing is that the Mother's Sorrow arguement is entirely based on the fact that it has a named drop from a quest in deshaan entirely skipping farming in any way be it gold or time.
    Edited by Heelie on November 26, 2019 12:16PM
    Most OwOrated healer of all time
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MS lightning staves are super cheap...?

Then just buy one and use it. If that's what you want, run it. But it's not part of this build, which makes the entire conversation irrelevant.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Then just buy one and use it. If that's what you want, run it. But it's not part of this build, which makes the entire conversation irrelevant.

Well I mean if you can run the same rotation with MS and the other, and the damage isn't too far off, I don't see an issue with listing alternate easier gear options. If you REALLY want you can get 1 then farm the other, than bank MS since basically ever magic user uses it.

I think the build is probably more about rotation then gear setup anyway, at least thats my take away.
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I concede to the fact that Undaunted Infiltrator is now better than Queen's Elegance. I did some testing and Infiltrator is now pulling ahead. It seems that this became the case during Summerset patch when they buffed light and heavy attacks. @ZOS_Gilliam @ZOS_GinaBruno Was calculations changed for Queens Elegance in Summerset patch?
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    karekiz wrote: »
    I don't see an issue with listing alternate easier gear options.

As I recall, the written guide includes easier, alternate gear setups.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was calculations changed for Queens Elegance in Summerset patch?

Should be, "Were calculations changed." Use, "was" when the subject is singular, "were" when the subject is plural.

Also, yes, Summerset changed a lot of things. Prior to that, Infiltrator was a garbage set. The irony is, I know I crunched UI lightning staves the year before Summerset came out.

As for Elegance, I suspect it modifies the base damage, but doesn't get applied to anything else. So it's following proper order of operation, (Damage is multiplied by 1.2), but then all the additive stuff like UI or IA gets attached. If QE modified their damage as well, you'd probably see QE+UI for hilarious results.

Is this behavior intended?

*Shrugs* Dunno
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think that’s probably right for how elegance works. I did a similar test on my dk yesterday with their 50% heavy attack buff. On my build it increase heavy attack damage by 30%. Presumably empower works the same way for light attacks.

If it’s scaling the same way then the 20% damage from elegance probably only adds around 12% in actual use. I’d test it but it’s not a set that survives long in my inventory, which says something considering the amount of junk sets I carry on my 17 chars with no bag space.
    Edited by Kolzki on November 27, 2019 5:30PM
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some time ago, they nerffed heavy attacks to support the use of them to restore resources. At the same time, they buffed light attacks to promote more fast paced combat.
    I think that’s probably right for how elegance works. I did a similar test on my dk yesterday with their 50% heavy attack buff. On my build it increase heavy attack damage by 30%. Presumably empower works the same way for light attacks.

If it’s scaling the same way then the 20% damage from elegance probably only adds around 12% in actual use. I’d test it but it’s not a set that survives long in my inventory, which says something considering the amount of junk sets I carry on my 17 chars with no bag space.

There’s been some guy floating around the forums here that’s been complaining for months that DK’s igneous buff that adds %50 extra damage is or has been bugged or broken. I’ve no idea if the guy is right or wrong about that though and ZOS has been silent on the matter. ( he kind of comes across a little crazy)
  • Kolzki
    Kolzki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    Some time ago, they nerffed heavy attacks to support the use of them to restore resources. At the same time, they buffed light attacks to promote more fast paced combat.

There’s been some guy floating around the forums here that’s been complaining for months that DK’s igneous buff that adds %50 extra damage is or has been bugged or broken. I’ve no idea if the guy is right or wrong about that though and ZOS has been silent on the matter. ( he kind of comes across a little crazy)

I don't think it's a bug. It's just how the maths works after cp and how it interacts with vMA staves and other light/heavy attack buffs. If you put these buffs on a no-CP build with no other buffs then I bet it would do the full 50%.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably because he'd post the same rambling manifesto, verbatim, in multiple threads and then vanish.
    I don't think it's a bug. It's just how the maths works after cp and how it interacts with vMA staves and other light/heavy attack buffs. If you put these buffs on a no-CP build with no other buffs then I bet it would do the full 50%.

Honestly, it wouldn't surprise me if CP was applying before additive modifiers as well.

I can't remember if I actually said this earlier or not, but it would go a long way towards explaining some of the weirdnesses in how cost discounts were calculated prior to Wrathstone.
  • Vildebill
    Vildebill
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Isn't the bug that the 50% extra damage is only applied to the last tick of the lightning staff channel, not the whole attack? If so, you are taking about different things :)
    EU PC
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How does swapping out to a different slayer set like Infallible for False God’s or Siroria fair?

Edit: I went with Siroria because I actually have 5 body pieces of that. Hard finding groups willing to trade IA piece I need
    Edited by Bobby_V_Rockit on March 17, 2020 8:24AM
  • MyPrist
    MyPrist
    ✭✭✭
    Vildebill wrote: »

Isn't the bug that the 50% extra damage is only applied to the last tick of the lightning staff channel, not the whole attack? If so, you are taking about different things :)

It was nine month bug, ZOS say it and fix. I write PM to each of them every day :)

It work correct year ago and now, was broken 2 times 9-10 month first, than again 4-5 month ago.

It gives 0% add for sone heavy atacks and even do not empower last tick on healung stuff for example.

On LS only last hit was powered, it was mistake.

It was fixed in patch 5 month ago on pts and buged again after fix on dual weid.

Now it is fixed and work correct.

But it is not powered with champion points like +50%, i think mire like 30-35% in my build.
  • ZOS_Mika
    ZOS_Mika
    admin
    We have recently removed a handful of rude and unnecessary comments. Because this thread has continued to derail multiple times, we have decided to close it down. Thank you for your understanding.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.