Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Collecting Information....

DarkLordLegion
Like what I had stated in my title of my post. I am looking for information in regards to the second best to the Prophet's items. The purpose of this, is because, I am using my main character on ESO as Multiple Weapon Platform. What to do I mean as a Multiple Weapon Platform? My main character is using different types of weapons.

You all can sit there behind your computer in saying, "you don't need this..." I am not interested in hearing about "Oh you need a tank" "Oh you need a DPS" and etc. What I had said few words ago, that is if there is a party. Sorry, I rather go around in ESO world and fight those who becomes hostile towards me. Also don't point me towards joining a guild. I'm not going to be spending additional 'Real Cash'
Roles are nothing but positions. It's the builds that gets you through the battles. I am a Scavanger. I am a Hunter. I am a Warrior. Battle Across Tameriel shall fall.

• Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if I understand ... you’re looking for the second best event style weapon set behind the Prophet?

Or, can it be any weapon set including monster weapon sets?

If it’s an event style, then I’d say Sai Sahan.

For monster styles, I’ve been using the recent Chokethorn equipment including staff, bow, 2H greatsword, and shield.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on November 14, 2019 3:06PM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do you mean the Prophet's weapons you get from level up rewards? Most set items will be better, because Prophet's weapons only give 1 bonus (extra health) and most sets have 4 bonuses, although you need 5 items (weapons or armour) from the set to get all those bonuses.

You can see a list of all the sets which give extra health like Prophet's does here: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Category:Online-Sets_with_Maximum_Health

And you can see info on all the sets available here: https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Sets IMO that's a better way to choose, because then you can ignore the ones from content you don't want to do.

(Also I think most people will level up at least 2 weapon skills on each character, so they can choose the best ones for the content they're doing. Oh, and joining a guild shouldn't ever cost you real money. If someone tries to make you pay real money or crowns to join their guild that's a scam and should be reported to ZOS.)
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only guilds that charge subscriptions should be the trading guilds. If you're not making considerably vmore than they charge, then you'd leave.

• DarkLordLegion
    Not sure if I understand ... you’re looking for the second best event style weapon set behind the Prophet?

I know quite well that there is going to be some kind of post, stating something about ‘Not understand’ From you all’s point of view, this is something that is going to be going far beyond the concept of playing ESO of where players plays their avatar in a certain way. I’m talking in your thinking, a class for Tanking, a class for DPS, a class for Mage AOE, and so forth. I can also mention ‘Speed’ into this solution. That is how you all are taking the course into the ESO series.
    Danikat wrote: »
    Do you mean the Prophet's weapons you get from level up rewards? Most set items will be better, because Prophet's weapons only give 1 bonus (extra health) and most sets have 4 bonuses, although you need 5 items (weapons or armour) from the set to get all those bonuses.

Who said anything about these sets? When the first two words are Multiple Weapons. As in Changing Weapons during Combat. What I am talking about is stepping outside the three alliances' and their races and even the classes. It is also called Battle Your Way through ESO. Anyways, the whole purpose of Prophet's items are Character lock. Those items are not what I am interested in. I rather have storage of ESO weapons instead of having them character locked.
    Roles are nothing but positions. It's the builds that gets you through the battles. I am a Scavanger. I am a Hunter. I am a Warrior. Battle Across Tameriel shall fall.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You seem to want to use multiple weapons in combat? Aka bar-swapping?

You can only have up to two weapon types equipped at once. You can swap freely between any weapon in your inventory in between combat, but not while you are in combat. Which two weapon types you choose, or whether you swap weapons around whenever you feel like it is 100% up to you and how much you level those weapons. "Battle the way you like" and all that. You can collect as many weapons as your inventory will hold, though as mentioned, you'll miss out on set bonuses unless you collect the rest of the set.

That being said, ESO does not guarantee that every combination of weapons and build is effective. Its not. I played a health-based MagDK wielding sword and shield like it was Skyrim for a long time before I realized it wasn't effective for anything harder than overland content - it was fun, but not effective. If that doesn't matter to you, such as if you only care about overland content, then more power to you. "Battle the way you like."

If you want to be effective AND you want to play equally with both Staff and Sword, there's one set that will let you do that. Stack weapon damage since its easier to acquire and wear Pelinal's Aptitude gear. The extra weapon and spell damage that set gives will let you compensate in part for losing out on the specialization into magicka or stamina that most players do.

If that wasn't a helpful answer...sorry. Please clarify what type of information you are collecting so we can better help you - we're trying to understand your needs, so please don't condescend with that "from you all's perspective" stuff when we're trying to figure out your perspective.
  • DarkLordLegion

You can only have up to two weapon types equipped at once. You can swap freely between any weapon in your inventory in between combat, but not while you are in combat. Which two weapon types you choose, or whether you swap weapons around whenever you feel like it is 100% up to you and how much you level those weapons. "Battle the way you like" and all that. You can collect as many weapons as your inventory will hold, though as mentioned, you'll miss out on set bonuses unless you collect the rest of the set.

That being said, ESO does not guarantee that every combination of weapons and build is effective. Its not. I played a health-based MagDK wielding sword and shield like it was Skyrim for a long time before I realized it wasn't effective for anything harder than overland content - it was fun, but not effective. If that doesn't matter to you, such as if you only care about overland content, then more power to you. "Battle the way you like."

If you want to be effective AND you want to play equally with both Staff and Sword, there's one set that will let you do that. Stack weapon damage since its easier to acquire and wear Pelinal's Aptitude gear. The extra weapon and spell damage that set gives will let you compensate in part for losing out on the specialization into magicka or stamina that most players do.

If that wasn't a helpful answer...sorry. Please clarify what type of information you are collecting so we can better help you - we're trying to understand your needs, so please don't condescend with that "from you all's perspective" stuff when we're trying to figure out your perspective.

You guys are bringing up 'skills' when I have been discussing weapons. There are bow, staff, 1h weapon, 2h weapon, and shield. Within these groups there are different types. Beyond that, there are different styles of them as well. Since you guys continue to bring up 'Skills' There are two groups of skills I would be using. Weapon Skills and Class Skills. These skills are always going to be changing base on what type of set up I am going to be using. Oh I forgot to mention that the weapons are also group into two section: Close Range and Long Range. There is nothing wrong with your style of wanting to fighting or collect the items in a fast speed. All I am after are weapons. In a way of taking my time and enjoy the scenery and spend time in fighting with different types of weapons instead of having to stick with two weapons.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You guys are bringing up 'skills' when I have been discussing weapons. There are bow, staff, 1h weapon, 2h weapon, and shield. Within these groups there are different types. Beyond that, there are different styles of them as well. Since you guys continue to bring up 'Skills' There are two groups of skills I would be using. Weapon Skills and Class Skills. These skills are always going to be changing base on what type of set up I am going to be using. Oh I forgot to mention that the weapons are also group into two section: Close Range and Long Range. There is nothing wrong with your style of wanting to fighting or collect the items in a fast speed. All I am after are weapons. In a way of taking my time and enjoy the scenery and spend time in fighting with different types of weapons instead of having to stick with two weapons.

Okay, so if I understand you correctly, you want to take your time, enjoying yourself by using as many different weapon types in combat as possible?

Cool! Here's how that works in ESO.

Yeah, there are different weapon types, and you can equip up to two at a time. Bow/Staff, Bow/2Handed, Bow/1Hand and Shield, Bow/Dual Wield or Staff/Bow, Staff/2handed, ...you get the picture. You swap between your two equipped weapons by barswapping, which unlocks at level 15. Prior to that, you only get one equipped weapon.

There's no way for you to equip more than 2 weapons at a time. You can change out your equipped weapon types in between combat, but not in the middle of combat. If on PC, you can use a gear swap addon or gear+skill swap addon to make this swapping quicker, but again, you cannot change your equipped weapons in combat. If you are not on PC or don't use the addons, you are going to have to manually change your equipped weapons/weapon skills every time you want to change.

So yes, you can use different weapon types. Using whatever you feel like, It'll look something like:
    Fight 1: use bow and staff
    Swap
    Fight 2: use 1h and shield + a 2hander
    Swap
    Fight 3: use bow and dual wield.

What you cannot do is swap between more than two weapons in a fight. You can't:
    Fire my bow from range, then charge in with the two-hander, block with my shield, and finish off with a flurry of daggers....in the same combat. That's possible in Skyrim, but not in ESO.

The vast majority of sets will drop all weapon types, so if you find a set you like, you can simply collect all the weapons and use them as you see fit. Or you can ignore sets entirely and pick up gear from quest rewards and use what you find.

The reason I suggested Pelinal's Aptitude is that it will boost whatever weapon type combo you choose to run (staff, Bow, dual wield, 2handed, 1 hand and shield), which is not true of other sets, which generally only boost Either staffs OR the stamina weapons. But as I said, ignore that if you don't care about sets.

Hope that helps explain what's possibly using different weapon types and what options you have.
  • Marolf
    Marolf
    ✭✭✭
    I admire that level of avidity displayed here by those trying to answer
  • DarkLordLegion

Okay, so if I understand you correctly, you want to take your time, enjoying yourself by using as many different weapon types in combat as possible?

Yeah, there are different weapon types, and you can equip up to two at a time. Bow/Staff, Bow/2Handed, Bow/1Hand and Shield, Bow/Dual Wield or Staff/Bow, Staff/2handed, ...you get the picture. You swap between your two equipped weapons by barswapping, which unlocks at level 15. Prior to that, you only get one equipped weapon.

There's no way for you to equip more than 2 weapons at a time. You can change out your equipped weapon types in between combat, but not in the middle of combat. If on PC, you can use a gear swap addon or gear+skill swap addon to make this swapping quicker, but again, you cannot change your equipped weapons in combat. If you are not on PC or don't use the addons, you are going to have to manually change your equipped weapons/weapon skills every time you want to change.

So yes, you can use different weapon types. Using whatever you feel like, It'll look something like:
    Swap
    Swap

Fire my bow from range, then charge in with the two-hander, block with my shield, and finish off with a flurry of daggers....in the same combat. That's possible in Skyrim, but not in ESO.

The vast majority of sets will drop all weapon types, so if you find a set you like, you can simply collect all the weapons and use them as you see fit. Or you can ignore sets entirely and pick up gear from quest rewards and use what you find.

The reason I suggested Pelinal's Aptitude is that it will boost whatever weapon type combo you choose to run (staff, Bow, dual wield, 2handed, 1 hand and shield), which is not true of other sets, which generally only boost Either staffs OR the stamina weapons. But as I said, ignore that if you don't care about sets.

Hope that helps explain what's possibly using different weapon types and what options you have.

You are talking about ESO 3 aka Chapter 2 aka Summerset. Also deals with Psijic Order. That would required level 50 and 160 or 150 Champion Points.

Another point to this is an additional bonus leveling up the weapon skills, armor skills and even guild skills. Now debating if Cadwell Silver and Gold is worth to doing since my lvl 38 character already gotten through the main storyline and went through the Ebonheart Pact missions.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Swap
    Swap

You are talking about ESO 3 aka Chapter 2 aka Summerset. Also deals with Psijic Order. That would required level 50 and 160 or 150 Champion Points.

Another point to this is an additional bonus leveling up the weapon skills, armor skills and even guild skills. Now debating if Cadwell Silver and Gold is worth to doing since my lvl 38 character already gotten through the main storyline and went through the Ebonheart Pact missions.

Excuse me? Nothing in my comment has anything to do with Summerset or the Psijic Order. In fact, the only level requirement I mentioned is level 15 when you unlock the ability to equip a second weapon at a time. (And if you own Summerset, you could go there at level 1 if you wanted. There's no level or CP requirement for chapters, so I'm doubly confused as what you think I'm talking about.)

What are you talking about with the Psijic Order and CP 160? What you've said makes no sense as a response to what I wrote.

As for Cadwell's Silver and Gold, its just going to be doing the DC and AD faction quests on your same character. There's no level requirements, so if you want to do them just carry on like you've been doing the EP quests.
  • DarkLordLegion
    Excuse me? Nothing in my comment has anything to do with Summerset or the Psijic Order. In fact, the only level requirement I mentioned is level 15 when you unlock the ability to equip a second weapon at a time. (And if you own Summerset, you could go there at level 1 if you wanted. There's no level or CP requirement for chapters, so I'm doubly confused as what you think I'm talking about.)

What are you talking about with the Psijic Order and CP 160? What you've said makes no sense as a response to what I wrote.

What I had said makes no sense? It is clearly stated that you did mention Pelinal's Aptitude. It seems that you did not mention about several levels of research, also did not mention that the Pelinal's Aptitude can be either light armor or medium armor. You also didn't stated the material requirements for Pelinal's Aptitude.

Pelinal's Aptitude
    2 items: Adds 14-1206 Maximum Health
    3 items: Adds 1-129 Stamina Recovery
    4 items: Adds 1-129 Magicka Recovery
    5 items: Your Spell and Weapon Damage both become the highest of the two values.

You forgot to mention that Spell and Weapon Damage take priority over the two values of Sta and Mag Recovery.

So what does Spell and Weapon Damage have to do with the six weapons skill line? Especially if there is going to be a change of weapon and its skill power? What does that have to do with increase Magicka power and Fighting Power, as well as Health Power? Or about the increase of MP, FP, and HP recovery?

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sets do not have material requirements, equipment levels do.

Joining a helpful guild can help you get sets made that your not ready to make yourself.

Weapon or Physical Damage is part of the damage equation, more so than what the weapon damage is. Attributes have a big impact on the amount of damage you can do.

Edited by Nestor on January 2, 2020 7:18PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While this is an older post, the math equation is pretty much the same today. It shows you how all the facets come together. Stamina is pretty much the same, just plug in different resources

https://tamrielfoundry.com/articles/pts-2-1-2-sorcerer-arithmagic/

As for regen, well, if you have no resources in the pool, your not doing any significant damage. Use Regen or Cost Reduction and your Rotation to balance your damage output with Resources used.
    Edited by Nestor on January 2, 2020 1:12AM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What I had said makes no sense? It is clearly stated that you did mention Pelinal's Aptitude. It seems that you did not mention about several levels of research, also did not mention that the Pelinal's Aptitude can be either light armor or medium armor. You also didn't stated the material requirements for Pelinal's Aptitude.

Pelinal's Aptitude
    2 items: Adds 14-1206 Maximum Health
    3 items: Adds 1-129 Stamina Recovery
    4 items: Adds 1-129 Magicka Recovery
    5 items: Your Spell and Weapon Damage both become the highest of the two values.

You forgot to mention that Spell and Weapon Damage take priority over the two values of Sta and Mag Recovery.

So what does Spell and Weapon Damage have to do with the six weapons skill line? Especially if there is going to be a change of weapon and its skill power? What does that have to do with increase Magicka power and Fighting Power, as well as Health Power? Or about the increase of MP, FP, and HP recovery?

Oh, hi. Its been what, a month? Hope you've been enjoying ESO.

As Nestor kindly pointed out, damage as a whole comes from several sources. Weapon or Spell Damage is a part of that calculation. The amount of Stamina or Magicka you have is also part of that calculation, hence why the majority of builds chose one or the other and stick with the weapons that match. Health is rarely a factor in dealing damage - its more useful in the tanking role.

Normally, stamina based weapons like bow, one hand and shield, dual wield, etc. Increase their damage based on Weapon damage (among other factors). Normally, magicka based weapons like staffs increase their damage based on Spell Damage (among other factors).

Due to only being able to equip so many gear pieces, its very difficult to buff BOTH stamina-based and magicka-based weapons at the same time. With one major exception...Pelinal's Aptitude. That set lets you stack up weapon damage (the easier of the two to acquire through other means), and have it count as the same amount of Spell Damage. Meaning it buffs ALL weapon types no matter which one you use. Its also a crafted set, so you can craft it, buy it, or find someone to craft it for you. I'm sorry if that wasn't clear originally, I assumed that was basic knowledge.

You don't have to use Pelinal's Aptitude. I just think it would be an effective set for using all the weapon skill lines.

But frankly, you play how you like. I'm not terribly interested in continuing to explain how a set works if its not something you want.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If all you want is extra Stamina and Magicka, you might be interested in the Shacklebreaker set. Its also a crafted set.

That, combined with a tri-stat crafted food like Bewitched Sugar Skulls should give you a decent amount of resources for a hybrid build.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If part of the issue is not wanting weapons to be character-locked, then maybe it's worth pointing out that only items obtained from the level-up rewards are character-bound. Any gear that you get from killing things, or that you craft or buy, will be either completely unbound (in the case of pieces that are not part of sets) or bound to the account (in the case of pieces that start out labeled bind on equip or bind on pickup).

After you outlevel gear that you get from level-up rewards, you may want to deconstruct them or sell them to NPC vendors to clear inventory space. But other items that aren't character-bound can be banked and/or used on other characters.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • DarkLordLegion
    Nestor wrote: »
    Sets do not have material requirements, equipment levels do.

Joining a helpful guild can help you get sets made that your not ready to make yourself.

Weapon or Physical Damage is part of the damage equation, more so than what the weapon damage is. Attributes have a big impact on the amount of damage you can do.

I am not sure if it is a good idea to join a guild, that's my opinion.
    Nestor wrote: »
    While this is an older post, the math equation is pretty much the same today. It shows you how all the facets come together. Stamina is pretty much the same, just plug in different resources

https://tamrielfoundry.com/articles/pts-2-1-2-sorcerer-arithmagic/

As for regen, well, if you have no resources in the pool, your not doing any significant damage. Use Regen or Cost Reduction and your Rotation to balance your damage output with Resources used.

Yes, if you ran out of resources of Magicka or Stamina, the Regen might not be good at all. But understand this...
    my character is 20 MP (Magicka) , 20 FP (Stamina), and 24 HP (Health). It is kind of odd of how you would be able to figured it out though. Yeah it is an Imperial race.

It is all about switching between non skill and skill, as well as between stamina and magicka skills.

Oh, hi. Its been what, a month? Hope you've been enjoying ESO.

As Nestor kindly pointed out, damage as a whole comes from several sources. Weapon or Spell Damage is a part of that calculation. The amount of Stamina or Magicka you have is also part of that calculation, hence why the majority of builds chose one or the other and stick with the weapons that match. Health is rarely a factor in dealing damage - its more useful in the tanking role.

Normally, stamina based weapons like bow, one hand and shield, dual wield, etc. Increase their damage based on Weapon damage (among other factors). Normally, magicka based weapons like staffs increase their damage based on Spell Damage (among other factors).

Due to only being able to equip so many gear pieces, its very difficult to buff BOTH stamina-based and magicka-based weapons at the same time. With one major exception...Pelinal's Aptitude. That set lets you stack up weapon damage (the easier of the two to acquire through other means), and have it count as the same amount of Spell Damage. Meaning it buffs ALL weapon types no matter which one you use. Its also a crafted set, so you can craft it, buy it, or find someone to craft it for you. I'm sorry if that wasn't clear originally, I assumed that was basic knowledge.

You don't have to use Pelinal's Aptitude. I just think it would be an effective set for using all the weapon skill lines.

But frankly, you play how you like. I'm not terribly interested in continuing to explain how a set works if its not something you want.

ESO is kind of challenge though. What I am doing is not going to be that easy to do. It just that it is going to be multiple switching; non skill and skill, stamina and magikca.

Well, Shacklebreaker set sounds great. The number of items that is need to do the bonus seems to have repeated itself twice 2 (Fours) and 2 (Fives.) So, I am thinking that it is actual be used as a five piece set bonus. If it can be good in five peice, that would leave 2 armor slot open, which that two free spot would be for additional health. Also if Glyphes can be able to add to the set. Also the armor trait would be as well.

The jewelry set aka endurance set is a questionable, since it is all have magic.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shacklebreaker is a crafted set. So when you make it, you can add the trait you want, assuming you've researched that trait. (Or you ask the person you've asked/paid to craft it for you to put that trait on. Or you buy it in that trait from guild stores.)

Enchantments are added separate from crafted enchantments, which you can also craft, have crafted for you, or buy from guild stores.

You mentioned Endurance, which is a 3 piece set. Another 3 piece set that can increase health and restore health, magicka, and stamina is Vengeance Leech: https://eso-sets.com/set/vengeance-leech
    If that interested you, you'll probably want to look for those jewelry pieces in guild stores unless you are very comfortable in PVP.

That site I linked is a good resource for you to look up the available sets so you can see for yourself what fits your needs.
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    I may not be understanding correctly you want variety of weapons for diversity of play-style and look. I think I saw that you are level 38. Honestly, detailed set selection isn't going to have much of an effect because by the time you obtain those items you will out-level the gear (this stops at level 50 + CP 160).

As you do anything in the game you will pickup tons of items of random set or non-set but at your current level. I suggest just putting on whatever you feel like from inventory loot. Some power levelers will craft fast leveling gear, but most just use what they pickup when either leveling or casually enjoying the game. ESO is designed such that you don't have to think about sets along with the other complexity until you hit CP 160.

That said later on, if you want to swap around weapons and can't craft jewelry I'd suggest the following:
    1) Some hybrid set for Body like Shacklebreaker, New Moon Acolyte, Ancient Dragonguard
    2) A jewelry set of your choosing (can swap around too along with weapons: eg Agility when using stam weapons; Willpower when using mag weapons)
    3) A monster set obtained from vet dungeons https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Monster+Helm+Sets
    4) The big part of variety is here: Arena weapons. They add an additional effect to a weapon skill. You might like how it expands your gameplay breath further. Blackrose one's are the easiest to get as they can be obtained solo or in a small group. Asylum is easy but usually takes a larger group. Dragonstar requires Vet and takes a skilled 4 player group. Maelstrom requires Vet requiring a skilled individual.

https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Weapon+Sets (Jewelry sets at bottom of page)
  • DarkLordLegion
    thadjarvis wrote: »
    I may not be understanding correctly you want variety of weapons for diversity of play-style and look. I think I saw that you are level 38. Honestly, detailed set selection isn't going to have much of an effect because by the time you obtain those items you will out-level the gear (this stops at level 50 + CP 160)./quote]
    thadjarvis wrote: »
    ESO is designed such that you don't have to think about sets along with the other complexity until you hit CP 160.

There is never any "out-level the gear' when it comes to either PvE or PvP, because it is apart of what ESO is all about. Ever since I first started this game, I have been spending time in looking for information. I continue do so, even at the time of being 180 champion. From lvl 50 to lvl 50 810 is many levels to collect and etc before the final level of lvl 50-810 Champion is reached.

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is never any "out-level the gear' when it comes to either PvE or PvP, because it is apart of what ESO is all about. Ever since I first started this game, I have been spending time in looking for information. I continue do so, even at the time of being 180 champion. From lvl 50 to lvl 50 810 is many levels to collect and etc before the final level of lvl 50-810 Champion is reached.

When we speak of out-leveling gear, we are talking about your character level/CP vs the level of the gear you collect and wear.

When you are at level 38, you will pick up level 38 gear. It has level 38 stats. As you continue to level up, the gear you pick up will increase in level too. At level 45, you picked up level 45 gear.

However, the gear you wear does not level up with you. If you were wearing level 38 gear, it will always be level 38 gear and will always have level 38 stats. As you level up, you "out-level" your gear, becoming a level 45 character wearing level 38 gear. Those gear bonuses and the damage from your weapons very quickly become ineffective if your character level is more than 5 to 10 levels higher than your gear level. In the same way, CP 120 gear would not be very effective for your CP 180 character because its lower CP gear.

Once you hit level 50, you as a player will continue to progress until you hit CP 810.
    However, all gear stops at CP 160. That is the highest level that any gear can be in the entire game. We call that the "gear cap."

When you reach CP 160, you have thus reached the maximum level your gear can ever be. You cease to out-level gear. At CP 810, you will still be wearing CP 160 gear and it will still be as effective as ever.

The point thadjarvis was making is that it's worth investing into good gear at CP 160, since you can stick with that gear for the rest of your progression to CP 810. On the other hand, its not always worth it to invest into good gear at level 38 or any level below CP 160, since you will quickly level up and your gear will get weaker compared to your character level, i.e. you will out-level your gear if you are below CP 160.
  • DarkLordLegion
    -Face Palm- You all....

I am going to clear up things in my forum post. When it comes to you all's comment, I already knew most of those things. You all are referring to the FAST LEVELing through the game, where you are in a rush to reach level 810. I am also aware that you rather post talking about the pure builds, which can be 'OP'. I can even draw out the point of you trying to make the posts about 'PvP' in order to get people interests in doing 'PvP'.

i doubt that any of you can actual know what I am talking about.
    Khajiit: +825 Max +85 Recovery (Magicka), +825 Max +100 Recovery (Health), +825 Max +85 Recovery (Stamina)

Boosting it up by 20 Magicka, 24 Health, 20 Stamina (Attributes)

Armor set would also boost up Magicka, Health, and Stamina

For a simple fact:

Magicka Weapon's damage + Magicka skill's damage = Magicka total Damage
    Stamina Weapon's damage + Stamina skill's damage = Stamina total Damage
    Seven piece armor set's defense + Health = total amount of Defense.

If you still can't understand that. Well, you shouldn't be making comments in my posts then.

• SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone has probably said this already, but you don't spend real money to join a guild. It's just the gold that you make in the game. Some guilds don't even charge gold.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    -Face Palm- You all....

I am going to clear up things in my forum post.

If you still can't understand that. Well, you shouldn't be making comments in my posts then.

Unfortunately at least for me that didn't clear things up at all, and I believe you're correct that no one here knows what you're talking about. I see a lot of posts from well informed long term posters who are trying to be helpful, and I see your comments, which from my point of view are disjointed,and seem to connect things that aren't really related. If English isn't your native language, I would recommend finding a better source of interpretation. As it is, I don't think anyone here is going to be able to help you in a way you find satisfactory.
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    @DarkLordLegion

The tone of your recent post reads unkind, but I'm chalking it up to a misinterpretation. We're trying to help.

I remarked that power levelers (not casuals) are typically the players that craft gear through the leveling process because they do it all at once beforehand to lessen the time in their grind. As a more causal leveler (me) or casual player in general (you), I'm trying to convey that the time put into getting gear (particularly non-crafted) will likely not do any good until CP 160.

During this double XP event a character under CP 160 will out level their gear about every hour or two I would think just playing even when not doing daily randoms. The time spent to farm the gold or resources to buy or make sets each time the gear is out leveled will likely take longer than the natural leveling. Farming dungeon or overland sets directly would take even longer.

You may choose to do that but if the goal is to learn about sets so your character is more capable, you would be best served by having fun playing and just putting on gear as you pick it up. The set info we're giving it to help you out once you would be in position to benefit from them.
  • DarkLordLegion
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    -Face Palm- You all....

I am going to clear up things in my forum post.

Unfortunately at least for me that didn't clear things up at all, and I believe you're correct that no one here knows what you're talking about. I see a lot of posts from well informed long term posters who are trying to be helpful, and I see your comments, which from my point of view are disjointed,and seem to connect things that aren't really related. If English isn't your native language, I would recommend finding a better source of interpretation. As it is, I don't think anyone here is going to be able to help you in a way you find satisfactory.

English is my natural language. My posts are disjointed? Things that aren't really related? Hmmm. It is very oblivious that my posts are really related. My posts are related to the ESO game. It is very positive that my posts are not addressing things that most players are more common to discuss.

• Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Are there specific questions you'd like to have answered at this point? That might help people focus on giving you the information you're actually after rather than spending verbiage on things that won't help you or that you won't appreciate.

If you'd simply like to present the way you're doing things and you aren't looking for critiques or suggestions for improvement, what sort of response would you prefer?
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • DarkLordLegion
    It is kind of sad that no one could even answer a simple question when it comes to weapons. Yet, when it comes to the armor suggestion, it seems that the further questioning about them was by-pass if people didn't want to answer the questions. Every comment or reply that I have made, was still directing back to the multiple weapons.

• mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is kind of sad that no one could even answer a simple question when it comes to weapons. Yet, when it comes to the armor suggestion, it seems that the further questioning about them was by-pass if people didn't want to answer the questions. Every comment or reply that I have made, was still directing back to the multiple weapons.

You can only have two weapons while in combat. Any weapon you like. The unlocking is no problem. My main has all skill trees of any weapon/armor/guild at 50.

The Prophet weapons all have the training trait. Unless you want to level up as fast as possible any other trait is probably better.

Of course you do Cadwells silver and then gold and then the other zones and stories. And whenever your weapons skill is at 50 you switch to a different weapon and level that to 50. The same for armor. You slot 5 of your preferred weight and one of each other weight. That way you level the armor skills also. You also do the undaunted solo daily to level your undaunted skill.

Back to weapons: once you level them all to 50 you probably know which you like most. Thats usually after you reached 50@160. And then you start to gather those weapons you really like. There is a solo Maelstrom Arena for special weapons, there are daily dungeon weapons rewards, there is a group dungeon for Black Rose weapons etc.
    Edited by mague on January 28, 2020 8:14AM
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Back to original post then

Question:
    "Like what I had stated in my title of my post. I am looking for information in regards to the second best to the Prophet's items. "
    Answer: Agility and Willpower are the easily obtainable 2 piece sets that can replace prophet weapons and go with anything else.

Comment:
    "My main character is using different types of weapons."
    Answer: All characters use two weapons. Most magika's use two fires and bow/bow characters you two bows; players may swap out weapons for different content. Many players are on something that could be considered a Multiple Systems Platform

Comment:
    You all can sit there behind your computer in saying, "you don't need this..." I am not interested in hearing about "Oh you need a tank" "Oh you need a DPS" and etc. What I had said few words ago, that is if there is a party. Sorry, I rather go around in ESO world and fight those who becomes hostile towards me. Also don't point me towards joining a guild. I'm not going to be spending additional 'Real Cash'
    Answer: possibly interpreted as inflammatory and we all still genuinely tried to help
This discussion has been closed.