The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Collecting Information....

• kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is kind of sad that no one could even answer a simple question when it comes to weapons. Yet, when it comes to the armor suggestion, it seems that the further questioning about them was by-pass if people didn't want to answer the questions. Every comment or reply that I have made, was still directing back to the multiple weapons.

Several people attempted to answer your question, and pretty much uniformly you told them they had misunderstood you, without really ever providing clarification of what your question was.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It is kind of sad that no one could even answer a simple question when it comes to weapons. Yet, when it comes to the armor suggestion, it seems that the further questioning about them was by-pass if people didn't want to answer the questions. Every comment or reply that I have made, was still directing back to the multiple weapons.

People are focusing on sets (which can include both armor and weapons) because the set effects provide major benefits that outweigh what you'd get from most stand-alone gear pieces, and because the wide variety of available set effects makes it relatively easy to find something that will suit a particular playstyle. It's a bigger-picture way of looking at things than simply choosing a weapon, since weapons and armor can be combined to put together a set. (There are 12 total item slots, including 7 armor, 3 jewelry, and 2 weapon. Front- and back-bar weapons are considered separately.)

For comparison purposes, the set effect of the Prophet weapons gives you a boost to your max health. If that's the effect you want, there are many craftable or overland sets that have a 2-piece bonus to health, and you could simply craft or obtain your weapon(s) of choice in one of those sets. Looking beyond just weapons, however, opens up possibilities of getting even more powerful set effects if you add 3 pieces of armor or jewelry from the same set.

As far as weapons by themselves, there are stand-alone weapons with their own effects that empower specific skills within the weapon skill line. Here's a good summary page on these special weapons, also including some weapon + jewelry sets that have 2- and 3-piece bonuses like the ones thadjarvis mentioned.

If you don't care about set effects, the "power" of a weapon is based on the quality of the upgrade (what "color" it is, where gold is the best) and the trait and enchantment on the weapon. Those can be customized relatively easily, especially if you have a crafter at your disposal.

Beyond that, the type of weapon(s) you use is entirely up to you and your preferred playstyle.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • DarkLordLegion
    kringled_1 wrote: »

Several people attempted to answer your question, and pretty much uniformly you told them they had misunderstood you, without really ever providing clarification of what your question was.

Clarification, you really need some kind of clarification.
    I am looking for information in regards to the second best to the Prophet's items.
    [qoute="DarkLordLegion;d-501743"] I am using my main character on ESO as Multiple Weapon Platform. What to do I mean as a Multiple Weapon Platform? My main character is using different types of weapons. [/qoute] I also stated this...
    You all can sit there behind your computer in saying, "you don't need this..." I am not interested in hearing about "Oh you need a tank" "Oh you need a DPS" and etc.[/qoute]

I flat out knew what is going to be reply to my posts, when I made my very first posts. You all are basically tell me what I need to use 2 weapons, when I flat out told you I dont want to hear you saying "You don't need this..."

Read this qoute very carefully.....
    Ilsabet wrote: »
    (There are 12 total item slots, including 7 armor, 3 jewelry, and 2 weapon. Front- and back-bar weapons are considered separately.)

It is actual, depends, on what kind of weapon you are going to equipped. 2h, staff, and bow uses 1 slot. 1h sword/shield and dual weapons uses 2 slots. Total item slots ranges from 12 to 14. <---- that right there has nothing to do with using 2 weapons. IT IS ABOUT EQUIPPING. Slots might be locked. But weapons are interchangeable in allowing players to choice what type of weapons they want to use.
    People are focusing on sets (which can include both armor and weapons) because the set effects provide major benefits that outweigh what you'd get from most stand-alone gear pieces, and because the wide variety of available set effects makes it relatively easy to find something that will suit a particular play-style.

When I read that right there, I knew once again, I can tell that the information that was provided is related to these pure over-power builds. These builds are base on either strong stamina or strong magicka or even strong health.

I went towards my second choice:
    Khajiit: +825 Max +85 Recovery (Magicka), +825 Max +100 Recovery (Health), +825 Max +85 Recovery (Stamina)[/b]
    I kept my 20 Magicka, 24 Health, 20 Stamina (Attributes). The armor needs to boost up Magicka, Health, and Stamina.

About these two sets that has been mentioned.. Pelinal's Aptitude and Shacklebreaker. Both of them are light armor to medium armor. Yet, why haven't anyone mention another set? Vastarie's Tutelage ? ? ? Isn't Heavy Armor set stronger then both of light armor and medium armor?

thadjarvis wrote: »
    That said later on, if you want to swap around weapons and can't craft jewelry I'd suggest the following:
    1) Some hybrid set for Body like Shacklebreaker, New Moon Acolyte, Ancient Dragonguard
    2) A jewelry set of your choosing (can swap around too along with weapons: eg Agility when using stam weapons; Willpower when using mag weapons)
    3) A monster set obtained from vet dungeons https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Monster+Helm+Sets
    4) The big part of variety is here: Arena weapons. They add an additional effect to a weapon skill. You might like how it expands your gameplay breath further. Blackrose one's are the easiest to get as they can be obtained solo or in a small group. Asylum is easy but usually takes a larger group. Dragonstar requires Vet and takes a skilled 4 player group. Maelstrom requires Vet requiring a skilled individual.

https://elderscrollsonline.wiki.fextralife.com/Weapon+Sets (Jewelry sets at bottom of page)

Jewelry set, that depends if Agility or Willpower or Endurance counts as two pieces (1 necklace, 1 ring) or three pieces or (1 necklace, 1 ring, and 1 ring). If these jewelry can be counted as a three piece, then the next question would be can these items be glyphed?

Another key, it is depends when it comes to masks, especially, when trying to increase certain bonus.
    Roles are nothing but positions. It's the builds that gets you through the battles. I am a Scavanger. I am a Hunter. I am a Warrior. Battle Across Tameriel shall fall.

• redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [snip] Also don't point me towards joining a guild. I'm not going to be spending additional 'Real Cash'

Um no guild I've ever come across in this game charges real cash for joining or being a member and the only kinds of guilds I've seen have a gold (ie in-game money) requirement is trading guilds which is definitely not the type of guild you would want.
    Could you provide some names in non-trading guilds doing this? Because you made me mightily curious what in the world they're charging for.
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭

I'm done. Respectful request to mod to close and delete this thread.
  • azjuwelz
    azjuwelz
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll take a stab just for the hell of it.

You want to have multiple weapons which suggests to me that you're using stamina.

A better weapon than Prophet would be Hunding's Rage if you're crafting it, or Briarheart which you can find in Wrothgar.

Have fun.
    Xbox-NA
    Guildmaster of Nightmothers Deadly Deals

PVE/PVP Stamblade: Ylandra Silverthorn
    PVE Magwarden healer: Raw'zl Dah Zel
    PVE DK Tank: Greta Feuerwerk
    PVP StamDK: Helga Feuerwerk
    PVP Necro Healer: Dratha Helbain
    PVE Magcro: Dorian Fey
    PVE Magblade: Arivssa Thaoral
    PVE Magsorc: Eldara Birchwood
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am looking for information in regards to the second best to the Prophet's items.

Here's the problem with wanting to be told what the "best" weapon is: It's not that simple. There are too many variables. Just like you can't use the word "best" in cow judging reasons, you can't tell someone what the "best" gear is unless you know what kind of goal they're trying to achieve. So far you've told us that you want to use multiple types of weapons and spread out your stats evenly, and you prefer to take your time going through game content. I don't think anyone is telling you that you can't do those things if that's how you want to play. But you don't need "best" gear to do overland content at your own pace. And you're actively rejecting things that will help you increase damage output, so it's hard to tell what kind of improvements you actually want to make.

Really, the best advice we could give under these circumstances is "Do whatever you want." And people have said that, so if that's not enough for you, that's where being more specific about your questions comes in. Is there anything particular you want to be able to do better than you're doing now? If not, then whatever you're currently using is presumably good enough. If there is, then you can focus on shoring up that particular issue, and that's where we can offer relevant advice that will actually help you.

People are focusing on sets (which can include both armor and weapons) because the set effects provide major benefits that outweigh what you'd get from most stand-alone gear pieces, and because the wide variety of available set effects makes it relatively easy to find something that will suit a particular play-style.

When I read that right there, I knew once again, I can tell that the information that was provided is related to these pure over-power builds. These builds are base on either strong stamina or strong magicka or even strong health.

What this tells me, among other things, is that you haven't done much research on set effects. When I said there was a wide variety of set effects that suit a wide variety of playstyles, that should be a clue that it's not just about stat-based min-maxing. There's a set that makes you run faster when you sprint. There's a set that makes your buff skills last longer. There's a set that lets you ignore the speed penalty of sneak. None of those things are reliant on min-maxed stats.

The idea is that using a set will give you more benefits than not using a set, and that's why people are thinking in terms of full 5-piece sets rather than just telling you what weapon to use. I thought I had explained that, but maybe it didn't get through. You can decide for yourself what set would suit your preferred playstyle best. Here's a page where you can do some research and see what looks good to you.

Keep in mind that even the sets that are focused on combat-type benefits can be useful for a non-min-maxed build, since any damage you get from them is still damage. And some of them come bundled with non-combat benefits too. Do you think it would be funny to watch a robodino bowl over enemies and fling them into the air? Mad Tinkerer will entertain you and help you kill stuff as a bonus!

(There are 12 total item slots, including 7 armor, 3 jewelry, and 2 weapon. Front- and back-bar weapons are considered separately.)

It is actual, depends, on what kind of weapon you are going to equipped. 2h, staff, and bow uses 1 slot. 1h sword/shield and dual weapons uses 2 slots. Total item slots ranges from 12 to 14. <---- that right there has nothing to do with using 2 weapons. IT IS ABOUT EQUIPPING. Slots might be locked. But weapons are interchangeable in allowing players to choice what type of weapons they want to use.

Okay, so I should have gone into more detail explaining how sets work.

First of all, two-handed weapons like staves and bows count as 2 items in terms of set effects. So if I have a Shacklebreaker bow and no other Shacklebreaker items, I get the 2-piece bonus when I'm on my bow bar. If I have a pair of Shacklebreaker daggers, each of those counts as 1 item, so I get the 2-piece bonus from the pair.

Next important point, the set bonuses only count for what you have on your active bar at any given moment. So the weapon(s) on the non-active bar don't contribute to the item count. That means that even if you have 14 items equipped (let's say you're dual-wielding on both bars), you only have the benefit of 12 slots at a time.

In most cases, this simply means that any weapons you use will be from the same set. That way you'll have the same bonuses regardless of which bar you're on.

Note that some sets give you buffs that will stay on you once they're triggered, even if you switch bars and no longer have the full set on your other bar. Briarheart is one such set.

About these two sets that has been mentioned.. Pelinal's Aptitude and Shacklebreaker. Both of them are light armor to medium armor. Yet, why haven't anyone mention another set? Vastarie's Tutelage ? ? ? Isn't Heavy Armor set stronger then both of light armor and medium armor?

Those are both crafted sets. Any crafted set can be crafted in any weight or combination of weights. Once again, you decide what you want.

In terms of what's "stronger," again there are multiple variables to consider. You can look at the base armor rating of the armor (heavy having the highest armor rating), but there are also passive skills associated with each armor type that can make a big difference. For example, the passives associated with the light armor line offer benefits to magicka users, so most people with magicka builds will focus on light armor. You can also consider the active skills in each skill line. If you want to use Annulment, you have to be wearing 5 pieces of light armor.

Once again, though, if you don't care about those benefits, then you don't have to feel locked into using anything in particular. Do whatever you want that will get you where you want to be. Spend some time looking at the descriptions of passive skills and see what you like.

Jewelry set, that depends if Agility or Willpower or Endurance counts as two pieces (1 necklace, 1 ring) or three pieces or (1 necklace, 1 ring, and 1 ring). If these jewelry can be counted as a three piece, then the next question would be can these items be glyphed?

The bonus you get simply depends on how many item slots you're using for that set. A single 2-handed weapon or pair of 1-handed weapons will get you the two-piece bonus. Toss on a piece of jewelry too and you get the 3-piece bonus.

Any piece of gear can have an appropriate glyph added to it, if the default enchantment isn't to your liking.

TL;DR:

Do what you want.

Do some research on set effects and see if you like what any of them will do for you.

If you're already succeeding at what you want to do in the game, you probably don't need to change your gear at all.

And maybe try less harping on your biases about the people trying to help you and more open consideration of what they're actually saying. You'd probably get more out of it than just the satisfaction of feeling like you're the smartest person in the thread.
    Edited by Ilsabet on January 31, 2020 10:00PM
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The OP wants to build around a couple of weapons that are only offered once each, at a specific level, during a time when they are outleveled in a matter of hours just by being in the game world. No effort at leveling needed.

What the OP needs to do is forget about the prophet weapons and instead focus on dropped or crafted sets. They all come with every type of weapon so OP can play anyway they want.

OP also wants to play a hybrid character, and many good suggestions for gear have been made already.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• DarkLordLegion
    [snip] Also don't point me towards joining a guild. I'm not going to be spending additional 'Real Cash'

Um no guild I've ever come across in this game charges real cash for joining or being a member and the only kinds of guilds I've seen have a gold (ie in-game money) requirement is trading guilds which is definitely not the type of guild you would want.
    Could you provide some names in non-trading guilds doing this? Because you made me mightily curious what in the world they're charging for.

It is an Donor concept of Real Money ---> Store Crowns ----> in game money.

[Removed quote]

[Edited for removed content] Over Power Build. It is term used in many MMO games. A character/class in a game is able to beat a certain area within certain minutes without having to loose advantage, which is also known as Speed Kill.

thadjarvis wrote: »

I'm done. Respectful request to mod to close and delete this thread.

You and others has been mentioning about "Single Build" that is connected with two weapons.

Here's the problem with wanting to be told what the "best" weapon is: It's not that simple. There are too many variables. Just like you can't use the word "best" in cow judging reasons, you can't tell someone what the "best" gear is unless you know what kind of goal they're trying to achieve. So far you've told us that you want to use multiple types of weapons and spread out your stats evenly, and you prefer to take your time going through game content. I don't think anyone is telling you that you can't do those things if that's how you want to play. But you don't need "best" gear to do overland content at your own pace. And you're actively rejecting things that will help you increase damage output, so it's hard to tell what kind of improvements you actually want to make.

Really, the best advice we could give under these circumstances is "Do whatever you want." And people have said that, so if that's not enough for you, that's where being more specific about your questions comes in. Is there anything particular you want to be able to do better than you're doing now? If not, then whatever you're currently using is presumably good enough. If there is, then you can focus on shoring up that particular issue, and that's where we can offer relevant advice that will actually help you.

What this tells me, among other things, is that you haven't done much research on set effects. When I said there was a wide variety of set effects that suit a wide variety of playstyles, that should be a clue that it's not just about stat-based min-maxing. There's a set that makes you run faster when you sprint. There's a set that makes your buff skills last longer. There's a set that lets you ignore the speed penalty of sneak. None of those things are reliant on min-maxed stats.

The idea is that using a set will give you more benefits than not using a set, and that's why people are thinking in terms of full 5-piece sets rather than just telling you what weapon to use. I thought I had explained that, but maybe it didn't get through. You can decide for yourself what set would suit your preferred playstyle best. Here's a page where you can do some research and see what looks good to you.

Keep in mind that even the sets that are focused on combat-type benefits can be useful for a non-min-maxed build, since any damage you get from them is still damage. And some of them come bundled with non-combat benefits too. Do you think it would be funny to watch a robodino bowl over enemies and fling them into the air? Mad Tinkerer will entertain you and help you kill stuff as a bonus!

Okay, so I should have gone into more detail explaining how sets work.

First of all, two-handed weapons like staves and bows count as 2 items in terms of set effects. So if I have a Shacklebreaker bow and no other Shacklebreaker items, I get the 2-piece bonus when I'm on my bow bar. If I have a pair of Shacklebreaker daggers, each of those counts as 1 item, so I get the 2-piece bonus from the pair.

Next important point, the set bonuses only count for what you have on your active bar at any given moment. So the weapon(s) on the non-active bar don't contribute to the item count. That means that even if you have 14 items equipped (let's say you're dual-wielding on both bars), you only have the benefit of 12 slots at a time.

In most cases, this simply means that any weapons you use will be from the same set. That way you'll have the same bonuses regardless of which bar you're on.

Note that some sets give you buffs that will stay on you once they're triggered, even if you switch bars and no longer have the full set on your other bar. Briarheart is one such set.

Those are both crafted sets. Any crafted set can be crafted in any weight or combination of weights. Once again, you decide what you want.

In terms of what's "stronger," again there are multiple variables to consider. You can look at the base armor rating of the armor (heavy having the highest armor rating), but there are also passive skills associated with each armor type that can make a big difference. For example, the passives associated with the light armor line offer benefits to magicka users, so most people with magicka builds will focus on light armor. You can also consider the active skills in each skill line. If you want to use Annulment, you have to be wearing 5 pieces of light armor.

Once again, though, if you don't care about those benefits, then you don't have to feel locked into using anything in particular. Do whatever you want that will get you where you want to be. Spend some time looking at the descriptions of passive skills and see what you like.

The bonus you get simply depends on how many item slots you're using for that set. A single 2-handed weapon or pair of 1-handed weapons will get you the two-piece bonus. Toss on a piece of jewelry too and you get the 3-piece bonus.

Any piece of gear can have an appropriate glyph added to it, if the default enchantment isn't to your liking.

TL;DR:

Do what you want.

Do some research on set effects and see if you like what any of them will do for you.

If you're already succeeding at what you want to do in the game, you probably don't need to change your gear at all.

And maybe try less harping on your biases about the people trying to help you and more open consideration of what they're actually saying. You'd probably get more out of it than just the satisfaction of feeling like you're the smartest person in the thread.

First off, I am not rejecting any suggestions. Nor I am not harping. It just that you all are focus on this twelve item slot. When I mention about 1h weapon/shield, 2h weapon, staff, dual wield, and bow. You all couldn't go further with anything related to weapons. All, I got was they are either stamina or magicka. Haven't done any research? Actual, I have.

Bow/Dual wield/2h, 1h and Shield Staff
    Stamina Magicka
    (Weapon Damage) (Spell Damage)
    (Weapon Critical) (Spell Critical)

There is an armor sets in this game that can support that right there. But the armor has to be in heavy style.

If you haven't yet.... This is not a fast leveling up build. This all is more about 'Survival'
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on February 18, 2020 4:14PM
    Roles are nothing but positions. It's the builds that gets you through the battles. I am a Scavanger. I am a Hunter. I am a Warrior. Battle Across Tameriel shall fall.

• Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think... there is very little I can do for you.

Please enjoy this list of weapons with cool names.
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm sorry, Ilsabet. Your previous post was a heroic effort at being both comprehensive and concise.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm sorry, Ilsabet. Your previous post was a heroic effort at being both comprehensive and concise.

At least I can hope that someone will stumble across this thread someday and learn something.
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • DarkLordLegion
    Edit:

Bow/dual weild/2h/1h sword and shield staffs
    Stamina magicka
    (weapon damage) (Magicka damage)
    (Weapon Critical) (Magicka Critical)

There is an armor sets in this game that can support that right there. But the armor has to be in heavy style.

If you haven't yet.... This is not a fast leveling up build. This all is more about 'Survival'

• DarkLordLegion

[Snip] A donor will spend his or her real money in the crown store. The item from the Crown Store is spent to get gold from the other player. So other words, a Donor is buying in-game gold currency.

hmm...tell me about 'Oh you only need two weapons' is not helping me at all. I will once again tell you all. What you are doing right there
    > Majority of players has accounts, which they uses for the purpose of multiple characters. Yet, you all have been mentioning 'use two weapons', which to me, is basically saying 'Single Build' If I know better, I could actual... bring up the weapon combination.... 2h/bow, 1h sword-shield/bow, sword-axe/bow, 2staff....

^
    That has nothing to do with Multiple Weapons System, period. It is more about your stamina character + your health character + your magicka character. Yep all in one single character.

[Edited to remove baiting]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on February 18, 2020 4:19PM

• Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

[Snip]. A donor will spend his or her real money in the crown store. The item from the Crown Store is spent to get gold from the other player. So other words, a Donor is buying in-game gold currency.

hmm...tell me about 'Oh you only need two weapons' is not helping me at all. I will once again tell you all. What you are doing right there
    > Majority of players has accounts, which they uses for the purpose of multiple characters. Yet, you all have been mentioning 'use two weapons', which to me, is basically saying 'Single Build' If I know better, I could actual... bring up the weapon combination.... 2h/bow, 1h sword-shield/bow, sword-axe/bow, 2staff....

^
    That has nothing to do with Multiple Weapons System, period. It is more about your stamina character + your health character + your magicka character. Yep all in one single character.

Yeah, people understand that. It's called a hybrid build. A lot of people do it, there are a lot of ways to do it, and people have given you advice on how to do it and sets you can use to do it. What is the problem?

[Edited to remove content]
    Edited by ZOS_Volpe on February 18, 2020 4:27PM
  • DarkLordLegion
    Varanis explained this to you two and a half months ago. Your character can only have two weapons equipped at any given time. That's how the game is designed.
    Raisin wrote: »
    Yeah, people understand that. It's called a hybrid build. A lot of people do it, there are a lot of ways to do it, and people have given you advice on how to do it and sets you can use to do it. What is the problem?

What is the problem? It is kind of funny of how I already know that you all would try to push the 'hybrid build' into my post. I also know the reason why as well. You all want to push the Hybrid build, to a point that Hybrid builds can class-locked the weapons and class-locked armor sets.

See, you all failed to advise me when it comes to your suggestions, you did not include four key factors. Weapons has four key factors: power source, trait, gyphic, and weapon attack damage. Armor has four key factors: power source, trait, gyphic and amount of defense.

• Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Varanis explained this to you two and a half months ago. Your character can only have two weapons equipped at any given time. That's how the game is designed.

What is the problem? It is kind of funny of how I already know that you all would try to push the 'hybrid build' into my post. I also know the reason why as well. You all want to push the Hybrid build, to a point that Hybrid builds can class-locked the weapons and class-locked armor sets.

See, you all failed to advise me when it comes to your suggestions, you did not include four key factors. Weapons has four key factors: power source, trait, gyphic, and weapon attack damage. Armor has four key factors: power source, trait, gyphic and amount of defense.

What's your native language, friend? I wanna see if maybe there's just a lot of things getting lost in translation here. I honestly don't mean this in a rude way, but you have got to understand that your posts are barely coherent and so it's not exactly easy to help you.

Your assumptions that anybody is trying to push anything onto you are so wildly far-fetched. You have a bunch of people here trying really hard to help you, being nice despite how rude and aggressive you've been in return.
    You said you wanted a build that uses health, stamina and Magicka equally. I told you that's called a hybrid build. What you're trying to express with "to a point that Hybrid builds can class-locked the weapons and class-locked armor sets" is beyond me. There are no weapons or armor that are class-locked. I also don't know what you consider the "power source" of a weapon -- you mean whether it's based on Stamina or Magicka? No such thing exists for armor. On weapons the base damage of weapons of the same level is the same, there is no difference just from item to item.
    The amount of resistance armor gives you depends on whether it's light armor, medium armor or heavy armor. The trait Reinforced can amplify this. Other than that, traits a d glyphs are kind of details, and depend on the rest of the build.

Anyway, I really don't think anything will come out of this given the language barrier. It would be best if you find someone who can explain it to you in your mother tongue, honestly.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What's your native language, friend? I wanna see if maybe there's just a lot of things getting lost in translation here. I honestly don't mean this in a rude way, but you have got to understand that your posts are barely coherent and so it's not exactly easy to help you.

I agree, but the OP has previously insisted that English is their 'natural language', while consistently using phrasing that would never be used by a native English speaker.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I agree, but the OP has previously insisted that English is their 'natural language', while consistently using phrasing that would never be used by a native English speaker.

I wasn't sure anymore, but you're right. In that case I don't think any of us can work with the lack of grammar and cohesion.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOOT a piece of weaponry or armor.
    LOOK very carefully at the tooltip description of that piece of weaponry or armor.
    READ every single piece of info you say we "failed" to explain to you about armor and weapons. While you are at it, read the set bonuses if it has one.

Now go to your Skill Lines and look at the Armor skill lines. (If they aren't unlocked, equip 3 pieces of that weight of armor.)
    READ the passive descriptions.
    SEE the different benefits that light, medium, and heavy armor gives in different situations.

TRY to actively fight with more than two weapons once you hit level 15.
    SEE that ESO only allows you to actively fight with two weapons at a time.

PLAY another class and discover that no weapon, gear, or set is "class-locked" and instead you can use anything you want in the game.

This info is basic, basic stuff you ought to be picking up from playing ESO. In fact, you'll learn it better from playing the game rather than expecting us to explain basic gameplay to you.
    Edited by VaranisArano on February 9, 2020 5:03PM
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

LOOT a piece of weaponry or armor.
    LOOK very carefully at the tooltip description of that piece of weaponry or armor.
    READ every single piece of info you say we "failed" to explain to you about armor and weapons. While you are at it, read the set bonuses if it has one.

Now go to your Skill Lines and look at the Armor skill lines. (If they aren't unlocked, equip 3 pieces of that weight of armor.)
    READ the passive descriptions.
    SEE the different benefits that light, medium, and heavy armor gives in different situations.

TRY to actively fight with moyore than two weapons once u hit level 15.
    SEE that ESO only allows you to actively fight with two weapons at a time.

PLAY another class and discover that no weapon, gear, or set is "class-locked" and instead you can use anything you want in the game.

This info is basic, basic stuff you ought to be picking up from playing ESO. In fact, you'll learn it better from playing the game rather than expecting us to explain basic gameplay to you.

I'll be honest -- after the last post my first thought was "I don't think this person has actually ever played a single minute of the game."
    Seems like preemptive question asking base on a complete lack of understanding.
  • Nord_Raseri
    Nord_Raseri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point I think OP(Original Poster of this thread) would maybe have an easier time getting help in game with voice chat vs on the forum, being that reading comprehension seems a tad difficult and so much insightful advice is obviously misunderstood by OP.
    Veit ég aðég hékk vindga meiði á nætr allar níu, geiri undaðr og gefinn Oðni, sjálfr sjálfum mér, á þeim meiði er manngi veit hvers hann af rótum rennr.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I mean, I did post this...
    If you don't care about set effects, the "power" of a weapon is based on the quality of the upgrade (what "color" it is, where gold is the best) and the trait and enchantment on the weapon. Those can be customized relatively easily, especially if you have a crafter at your disposal.

Beyond that, the type of weapon(s) you use is entirely up to you and your preferred playstyle.

Also, I'm pretty sure that repeating "do what you want" ad nauseum is pretty much the opposite of "pushing" some sort of build on someone...
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys have the patience of saints.
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To be fair, this thread is kind of a gift that keeps on giving once you get past taking it terribly seriously.
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • DarkLordLegion

Your assumptions that anybody is trying to push anything onto you are so wildly far-fetched. You have a bunch of people here trying really hard to help you, being nice despite how rude and aggressive you've been in return.
    You said you wanted a build that uses health, stamina and Magicka equally. I told you that's called a hybrid build. What you're trying to express with "to a point that Hybrid builds can class-locked the weapons and class-locked armor sets" is beyond me. There are no weapons or armor that are class-locked. I also don't know what you consider the "power source" of a weapon -- you mean whether it's based on Stamina or Magicka? No such thing exists for armor. On weapons the base damage of weapons of the same level is the same, there is no difference just from item to item.
    The amount of resistance armor gives you depends on whether it's light armor, medium armor or heavy armor. The trait Reinforced can amplify this. Other than that, traits a d glyphs are kind of details, and depend on the rest of the build.

Anyway, I really don't think anything will come out of this given the language barrier. It would be best if you find someone who can explain it to you in your mother tongue, honestly.

I speak American English, thank you very much. I know for fact that majority of eso players uses Hybrid builds. Hybrid build is basically 2 different armor names to make 7 piece armor set, while the weight of the armor piece is divided among the three weight: Heavy, Medium, and Light. While Hybrid build is also using two weapons only. Nothing more then two weapons. While the attributes are mixed up, instead of using one attributes. That right there is a 'single' build. A 'Single' build means not changing the equipment, which includes armor pieces and weapons. That right there is class-locked weapons and class-locked armor set, especially when it comes to what class character you are going to be dealing with.

That right above is the reason why I don't want to hear about hybrid builds.

On weapons the base damage of weapons of the same level is the same, there is no difference just from item to item.

Actual there is, a sword in a green color has a different damage, then a sword in purple color. White, Green, Blue, Purple, Gold are the stages of weapons.

Basic info that has been stated has always been about Hybrid. How many times do I need to remind you all that I am not into Hybrid discussion?
    I'll be honest -- after the last post my first thought was "I don't think this person has actually ever played a single minute of the game." Seems like preemptive question asking base on a complete lack of understanding.

I have not mention what my character level in this game is, nor I am going to make a little banner in my heading to tell you what my class level in this game.

Pre-emptive question asking base on a complete lack of understanding? Hmm, let's see.. I flat out see a challenge.
    Khajiit race is the only race in this game that has all three: Stamina, Magicka, and Health. Yet, Khajiit is the only race in
    ESO that has ICD and CH. Khajiit's ICD can be used in either Stamina and Magicka. Khajiit's CH uses Magicka.

"They are known for their high intelligence and agility, making them not only very good thieves and acrobats, but also fearsome warriors. However, they are rarely known to be mages."
    ---- https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Khajiit

• Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I speak American English, thank you very much. I know for fact that majority of eso players uses Hybrid builds. Hybrid build is basically 2 different armor names to make 7 piece armor set, while the weight of the armor piece is divided among the three weight: Heavy, Medium, and Light. While Hybrid build is also using two weapons only. Nothing more then two weapons. While the attributes are mixed up, instead of using one attributes. That right there is a 'single' build. A 'Single' build means not changing the equipment, which includes armor pieces and weapons. That right there is class-locked weapons and class-locked armor set, especially when it comes to what class character you are going to be dealing with.

That right above is the reason why I don't want to hear about hybrid builds.

On weapons the base damage of weapons of the same level is the same, there is no difference just from item to item.

Actual there is, a sword in a green color has a different damage, then a sword in purple color. White, Green, Blue, Purple, Gold are the stages of weapons.

Basic info that has been stated has always been about Hybrid. How many times do I need to remind you all that I am not into Hybrid discussion?
    I'll be honest -- after the last post my first thought was "I don't think this person has actually ever played a single minute of the game." Seems like preemptive question asking base on a complete lack of understanding.

I have not mention what my character level in this game is, nor I am going to make a little banner in my heading to tell you what my class level in this game.

Pre-emptive question asking base on a complete lack of understanding? Hmm, let's see.. I flat out see a challenge.
    Khajiit race is the only race in this game that has all three: Stamina, Magicka, and Health. Yet, Khajiit is the only race in
    ESO that has ICD and CH. Khajiit's ICD can be used in either Stamina and Magicka. Khajiit's CH uses Magicka.

"They are known for their high intelligence and agility, making them not only very good thieves and acrobats, but also fearsome warriors. However, they are rarely known to be mages."
    ---- https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Khajiit

Sorry but you very obviously neither speak coherent English, nor know what a hybrid build is, since your definition of it is factually wrong. A hybrid build is a build that divides its attribute points between at least Magicka and Stamina, potentially Health if you wish, and then also uses both skills that scale based on mag and those based on stam or health. It has nothing to do with gear, though it usually comes with also using both mag and stam based weapons. Whether the majority of players use hybrid builds I find questionable. It's true that a lot of people play that way because they're used to it from single-player TES series games, but it's generally not considered ideal so a lot of people stick to maximizing one stat alone.
    And as many have told you, it also has nothing to do with weapons. You can only use two weapons at a time, and not switch them during combat. Outside of combat, you're free to switch them around. This is also fairly common (outside of mixing stam with mag), as different weapon types may have different desired effects and people may switch them around based on the situation they find themselves in. It has nothing to do with hybrid builds. You specifically stated that you wanted a build that uses all 3 attributes. That is called a hybrid build. So people gave you advice on hybrid builds. If you don't want a hybrid build, you need to choose 1 single stat to focus on. Both are fine. But do you know which one you want? Cause now you're suddenly mad about how you don't want a hybrid build. If you don't want a hybrid build, you need to choose between Stamina and Magicka. Which do you want?

You also don't seem to know what a 'class' is. You choose a class for your character upon creation. Your options are: Dragonknight, Templar, Warden, Sorcerer, Nightblade and Necromancer. Each class comes with a different skill line -- those skill lines can only be unlocked and used by that class. All weapons and armor are available to all classes. There is no such thing as class-locked weapons or class-locked armor. It does not exist in this game.

Any gold weapon of the same level and type as another gold weapon will have the same damage. There are no unique weapons that have more damage than others on their own -- the only difference may come from traits and sets.

There is no such thing as a 'class level'. Are you sure you're even playing the right game...?

All races have small bonuses to them. Their effect on your gameplay will be very small. Dunmer are also popular choices for hybrid builds as they give you a bonus for both stamina and magicka, but as you said they do not have a health bonus. That said, you can play any race with any build, as I said the differences are quite minimal.

The truth is, you know very little about this game, yet have formed a lot of completely wrong opinions that you've convinced yourself are fact. And then you antagonize people who try to help you, because your own lack of topical knowledge hinders your understanding of most of the things you ask questions about. You genuinely seem to have no idea what you even want.
    Edited by Raisin on February 10, 2020 7:00PM
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeahhh... a hybrid build just means you put points into more than one attribute, instead of going all stamina or all magicka or all health. You've already said emphatically that you don't want a build that goes all-in on one attribute, and you want to spread your points evenly into all three. That right there is the (real) definition of a hybrid build.

Whatever you said up there that you think is a hybrid build... that's not what it is. And it's also not what people are suggesting that you use. You can decide for yourself what weight(s) of armor to use. You can decide for yourself what type of weapons to equip at any given time. You can have six different weapons and switch between them whenever you want. You're making up restrictions that nobody is placing on you, just so you can have something to argue about.

I'm going to assume that "ICD" and "CH" refer to the Khajiit racial bonus that gives increased critical damage and critical healing. That bonus helps either stamina or magicka, which is one reason why Khajiit are a good attribute-agnostic race. Keep in mind that both damage and healing can be based on either stamina or magicka depending on what skills you're talking about. (For example, Vigor is a stamina-based heal and Healing Springs is a magicka-based heal.) Skill tooltips will tell you what the skill does and what attribute it uses. You decide which skills to slot based on what will help you accomplish what you want to do. You can mix and match any class, weapon, armor, guild, or world skills that you have access to. Go crazy.
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    PC NA
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, thanks for clarifying what you mean when you talk about a hybrid build. Raisin did a good job of explaining what we mean when we talk about hybrids.

So I'll try to talk about it in different terms:

There's an idiom: "Jack of all trades, master of None". It means someone who's decent at doing a good many things, but who is not as effective at any one of those thinga as someone who dedicated themselves to be very good at doing that one thing very well.

Players can build to be a Jack-of-all-Trades, using all the weapons, all the attributes, and any armor they want, but that's where the phrase "Jack of all trades, Master of None" comes into play. This sort of build is effective at overland questing, but unless you use specific sets like Pelinal's Aptitude, it's rarely effective at harder content like dungeons or playing a particular role.

Or players can build to be a Master of a certain playstyle, tailoring their character to suit the content and role they want to play. Usually this means choosing either magicka or stamina, and choosing weapons and armor types accordingly. Most players who do group content wind up with these sorts of builds for tanking, healing, or damage dealing as they are far more effective than Jack of All Trade builds. Damage dealing builds tend to be very effective at overland questing.

When we talk about "hybrid builds" we are referring to "Jack of all trades, Master of None" type builds.

You seem to fit squarely into the "Jack of all trades, Master of None" playstyle:
    A build that uses magicka, stamina, and health
    A build that can swap to using multiple types of weapons: staffs, dual wield, bow, twohander, one hand and shield (But only actively fighting with two at a time, because that's all ESO will allow)

Such a build will never be as effective as a build that focuses on a certain role...but that doesn't matter because you don't care about effectiveness.

We've given advice about how to make a "Jack of all trades" build that uses multiple weapon types as effective as possible...but if you don't care about effectiveness, you are free to disregard all that.

At this point, I'm not sure what you need answers on. A jack of all trades build you put together yourself ought to be more than capable of questing. Newbies with mismatched and outleveled gear manage it all the time.
    Edited by VaranisArano on February 10, 2020 9:14PM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As for Khajiit and racial options...

I'm gonna start this off with the caveat that I'm a firm believer that players should play whatever race they want. Unless you wanna really min-max, it doesn't matter very much. (I say, as someone who plays a Breton StamSorc.)

Good races for a Jack of all Trades build, using magicka and stamina, based on their passives:
    Dunmer: bonuses to max stamina and magicka, weapon and spell damage
    Khajiit: bonuses to max health and recovery, max stamina and recovery, max magicka and recovery, critical damage and critical healing

There are a few races who have bonuses to two attribute pools, such as Imperials with max health and max stamina, enabling you to spend more points in magicka if you want, as well as a passive that restores health, stamina, and magicka.

And as someone who plays a Breton StamSorc, who's racial passives are utterly unsuited for the playstyle...so what? She pulls more than enough damage for questing, that's for sure! More than enough for the group content I play her in too.

There are "ideal" races for any build, but that's for if you care about math and min-maxing. That's more for trials. Not for questing.
This discussion has been closed.