The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Black Fredas?

PopotoSalad
PopotoSalad
✭✭✭
Will we be getting a Black Fredas bundle this year? Or at least a crown sale? Have I missed an announcement, or has there just been total silence on the matter?
  • Holmarion19
    Holmarion19
    ✭✭✭
    Well, this is an interesting question.

If my memory serves me correctly (and sadly at my august age that is no longer guaranteed) I am sure that the November Crown Store Showcase as originally posted made mention of Black Fredas together with details of a New Moon Crate offer for ESO+ subscribers (nothing else specific was mentioned though..just a catch-all statement encouraging us to keep an eye out on social media and other channels for further details of other Black Fredas offers)

That section of the showcase no longer seems to be there however so:
    - I have a faulty memory or
    - It has been removed from the showcase

AFAIK you have not missed out on any other posted information
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, this is an interesting question.

If my memory serves me correctly (and sadly at my august age that is no longer guaranteed) I am sure that the November Crown Store Showcase as originally posted made mention of Black Fredas together with details of a New Moon Crate offer for ESO+ subscribers (nothing else specific was mentioned though..just a catch-all statement encouraging us to keep an eye out on social media and other channels for further details of other Black Fredas offers)

That section of the showcase no longer seems to be there however so:
    - I have a faulty memory or
    - It has been removed from the showcase

AFAIK you have not missed out on any other posted information

Wow, yeah, it did mention crates and they removed it. How peculiar. Anyway, it mentioned that Black Ferdas sale on crates at least will be held from November 27th til December 2nd. No mention on the pack though.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will we be getting a Black Fredas bundle this year? Or at least a crown sale? Have I missed an announcement, or has there just been total silence on the matter?

Last year they did crown store deals on various bundles and some houses. (Mostly the large estates if I recall correctly.)
    If they follow the trend of previous years there won't be another crown sale until the big one in Christmas.
  • Delpi
    Delpi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I saw the discount on the crates too. But they changed it. And no, they didn't announce this time a bundle. :( Perhaps they don't want to show the discount so the people continue to buy crates now.
    "I used to be an adventurer like you. Then I took an arrow in the knee..."
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't believe that the social marketing campaign for Black Fredas has actually begun yet. With the article likely going up around the 20th or 21st, you should start seeing some ads starting the week of the 18th. Don't take the images used in the ads as an indication on the sale, though. Last year they used the guar bundle when the soot horse was the featured mount.

Last year's news article:
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/55255
    signing off
  • faeeichenlaub
    faeeichenlaub
    ✭✭✭✭
    Uggh. Might this be my chance at Azura's daedric furnishing pack at long last? ...
    Lady of the Rose please let it be so.
    "Azura give me strength, Let my voice change the world as long as I am in it."
  • Wise_Will
    Wise_Will
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    still nothing i take it?
    XBOX EU/PC EU
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wise_Will wrote: »
    still nothing i take it?
    Expected it today too, tbh. This is usually when they published it past years too.
    I hope we get the Azura bundle back, and I'm looking for an old Breton costume.
    But maybe they cancelled Black Fredas this year due to the server issues :tongue:
  • NorthernNightmare
    NorthernNightmare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So instead of an ingame sale, theyre only having a sale on the game?
    Way to treat your current users ZO$
    Edited by NorthernNightmare on November 22, 2019 8:26PM
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They will probably have an in-game sale too. They accidentally included this image in the article:
    bc71278f0e0755dfb7d32bcd8eff0ce9.jpg
    They now changed it to the screen with the dragons, but that clearly looks like a Black Fredas Bundle like the one they always sell for Black Friday. So based on that image, and their promise to publish the PC deals 'in the future', we'll probably see more deals than just the current PS4 Xbox discounts.
  • chuck-18_ESO
    chuck-18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what's going on, but I definitely remember them mentioning a sale on crates for ESO+ members and to look forward to an update on the Black Fredas sale. If they are planning an in-game sale, I find it very bizarre that they wouldn't announce it; it was announced on the 21st last year.
    Edited by chuck-18_ESO on November 22, 2019 9:22PM
    The Exclusionary Mandates of Maruhkite Selection: All Are Equal

1: That the Supreme Spirit Akatosh is of unitary essence, as proven by the monolinearity of Time.
    1: That Shezarr the missing sibling is Singularly Misplaced and therefore Doubly Venerated.
    1: That the protean substrate that informs all denial of (1) is the Aldmeri Taint.
    1: That the Prophet Most Simian demonstrated that monothought begets Proper-Life.
    1: That the purpose of Proper-Life is the Expungement of the Taint.
    1: That the Arc of Time provides the mortal theater for the Sacred Expungement.
    1: That Akatosh is Time is Proper-Life is Taint-Death.
  • bluebird
    bluebird
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure what's going on, but I definitely remember them mentioning a sale on crates for ESO+ members and to look forward to an update on the Black Fredas sale. If they are planning an in-game sale, I find it very bizarre that they wouldn't announce it; it was announced on the 21st last year.
    As some American players pointed out, Black Friday was on the 23rd last year, but will be on the 29th this year.
    It has to do with the fact that Thanksgiving is on the fourth Thursday of the month, which can vary in dates.
    So they still have time to announce their Black Friday deals, since it won't happen until next week.

What I do find strange though is that they posted the PS4 and Xbox article, and enabled the console BF discounts for ESO without doing the same for PC. Perhaps the PC deals will coincide with the ingame BF offers, and they didn't want to post three articles on the same day. Still, it feels like PC got a little left out since console got their news early. :tongue:
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I would not expect Zos to have sales on the game itself always at the same time they offer current players a little something. So the timing being different probably means very little.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't understand why they're so secretive about this.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Aisleyne
    Aisleyne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Michae wrote: »
    I don't understand why they're so secretive about this.

I doubt they're actually being secretive about it. It's much more likely they just haven't set it up yet. Maybe it's just me, but I've always gotten the impression they tend to scrape things together last minute. Black Friday is a week away, I wouldn't expect anything till next week. The only reason the consoles got a mention already is that the platforms themselves started up their sales and ESO is just a part of those.
  • Emathides
    Emathides
    ✭✭✭
    bluebird wrote: »
    They will probably have an in-game sale too. They accidentally included this image in the article:
    They now changed it to the screen with the dragons, but that clearly looks like a Black Fredas Bundle like the one they always sell for Black Friday. So based on that image, and their promise to publish the PC deals 'in the future', we'll probably see more deals than just the current PS4 Xbox discounts.

Damn, I was really hoping that the black soot horse from last year would make a return.
  • SickleCider
    SickleCider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Emathides wrote: »
    bluebird wrote: »

Damn, I was really hoping that the black soot horse from last year would make a return.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqgSO8_cRio
    ✨🐦✨ Blackfeather Court Commission ✨🐦✨
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Tuxedo bear from Black Fredas 2017 bundle returned in Baandari crates later. So the 2018 horse and this upcoming wolf should return someday too :)

As for the wolf... He looks very cute on the picture, but I wish he didn't have this ugly belt on his chest :/ Many mounts are ruined by some of their armor details... For example, almost all senche mounts have large ugly bridles which cover their beautiful muzzles :'(