Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ESO BEST ZONE PRELIMINARIES: THIS VOTE'S CLOSED

Saucy_Jack
Saucy_Jack
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
It's the second of seven preliminary elimination fights; the last fight ended with Imperial City biting the dust. What zone's getting kicked this time? YOU DECIDE!

The lineup and current standing of all zones can be found here, if anyone's interested.

This fight ends at noon CST (5pm UTC) on November the 9th - let's do this!
Edited by Saucy_Jack on November 9, 2019 6:00PM
ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.

ESO BEST ZONE PRELIMINARIES: THIS VOTE'S CLOSED 131 votes

Gold Coast
12%
skriggerYukon2112ShareeMerJoyLupusdiabolusMartoOberon45DarkdexGreatGildersleeverenneQaghvaleriiyaApostateHobor34lianLoneStar2911vilio11BalmoraRatgirl 17 votes
Spiral Skein
32%
vailjohn_ESOEarrindoLauranaestarkerealmTavore1138SahidomOlauronCaffeinatedMayhemArcirispeacenotecyclonus11WldKardeVulsahdaalLarianaBomblePantsShadow_AkulaKarivaaLadyHeloisemax_onlyemilyhyoyeon 43 votes
Bal Foyen
30%
calitrumanb14_ESOdcam86b14_ESOSporvankickback120ub17_ESOrelentlessyouthofficialneb18_ESOChickensteinhondelinkListerJMCTheodardMyNameIsEliasDojohodaRaddlemanNumber7YamiKurukuNarvuntienanadandyTiff_ar15aaisoahoRR_DF_RaptorRedFroilD0RID0RI240 40 votes
Summerset
9%
Cireouskari-pekka.hamalaineneb17_ESOluen79rwb17_ESOMalthorneczartahol10069CerilonTelvanniWizardRaisinArgelornIlisionzECHO 12 votes
Southern Elsweyr
5%
Gadamlub14_ESOSoupDragonLoves_guarsKr3doTheNightflameHighKinladyBluestat 7 votes
Deshaan
9%
felinith66ReverbTyharStarlight_KnightDosuulGusTheWizardvingarmoMichaedarkblue5AptonothVan_WinkleL_Nici 12 votes
  • Darios_Heliodromos
    Darios_Heliodromos
    ✭✭✭
    Bal Foyen
    Wasn't really sure how to proceed here. I have no interest in the horrible Daedric plane that is the Sprial Skein but I also don't feel that it really qualifies as a 'zone' in ESO.

I voted Bal Foyen because I find it to be a very awkward region to introduce Argonians into the EP storyline (as if the Dunmer would really turn over a part of Morrowind to Argonians). The zone looks cool but...meh.
  • Ilision
    Ilision
    ✭✭✭
    Summerset
    Oh no, I think I by accident selected Summerset :( disregard my vote, please.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Summerset
    Oh yes! I selected Summerset on purpose. >:)
    I don't like navigating it and my graphics are too low to enjoy the scenery.
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spiral Skein
    I can’t believe imperial city lost the last round....
  • Ilision
    Ilision
    ✭✭✭
    Summerset
    Raisin wrote: »

You can't hate the area because your graphics are terrible. Here is what I look for in the zone:

The story if it has one,
    Navigations, as you have mentioned in your post,
    Delves, the amount and how interesting they are,
    Dungeons, same as above,
    Scenery,
    Crafting area in towns, and
    The overall population of that zone :)
  • cyclonus11
    cyclonus11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Spiral Skein
    Wasn't really sure how to proceed here. I have no interest in the horrible Daedric plane that is the Sprial Skein but I also don't feel that it really qualifies as a 'zone' in ESO.

If it doesn't "win" this poll, it advances, so that's a pretty good reason to vote for it.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Summerset
    Ilision wrote: »

You can't hate the area because your graphics are terrible. Here is what I look for in the zone:

The story if it has one,
    Dungeons, same as above,
    Scenery,

Here's what I look for in a zone:

Do I have any reason not to like it, no matter how subjective? If the answer is yes, I don't like it, because it's how I feel about it and I don't owe you a fair judgement process so you can like my opinion.
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spiral Skein
    I can't believe the Imperial City lost, and I don't even like PvP.

I'm voting for the Spiral Skein because I didn't even know what it was until I looked it up-- and I still barely remember it.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • kylewwefan
    kylewwefan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What is the spiral skeins?
  • hasi
    hasi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bal Foyen
    I hate the Main Quest. Choosing between X and Y dying, destroying Families. No, no, no!😥

From the looks I love it, just not a Fan of the Argonian Houses generally.
  • Ye_Olde_Crowe
    Ye_Olde_Crowe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spiral Skein
    Too many creepy-crawlies.
    PC EU.

=primarily PvH (Player vs. House)=
  • Ilision
    Ilision
    ✭✭✭
    Summerset
    Ilision wrote: »

The story if it has one,
    Dungeons, same as above,
    Scenery,

Here's what I look for in a zone:

Do I have any reason not to like it, no matter how subjective? If the answer is yes, I don't like it, because it's how I feel about it and I don't owe you a fair judgement process so you can like my opinion.

Okey
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deshaan
    I don’t dislike any of these.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spiral Skein
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    What is the spiral skeins?

Exactly! I had to go look it up, and apparently it's someplace we've seen portions of, in the same sense that we saw parts of Coldharbour during portions of the Main Quest. It's (part of?) Mephala's realm of Oblivion, and parts of it are visited during the Summerset prologue quest, as well as a few other times.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Spiral Skein
    SeaGtGruff wrote: »

I'm voting for the Spiral Skein because I didn't even know what it was until I looked it up-- and I still barely remember it.

My answer is exactly this.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spiral Skein
    This isn't even a zone. We just visit for a few quests, and in vMA.
  • SidraWillowsky
    SidraWillowsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Spiral Skein
    I actually quite liked the atmosphere of the Spiral Skein, but I don't consider it a zone, so it has my vote only to get it removed from further consideration.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Spiral Skein
    Again... SPIDERS SUCK
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bal Foyen
    Again, because bots...
  • caperb
    caperb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bal Foyen
    This is a hard one, most of the zones you've listed here actually look amazing!

Can't downvote the webspinners realm for sure! Don't want to anger one of the most powerful daedric princes.
    Edited by caperb on November 8, 2019 6:19AM
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Deshaan
    I'm torn with either Deshaan or Bal Foyen. The dlc zones obviously look much better. I'd pick Deshaan in the end, it's more awkward to move through it and it's not that pretty.

I'm amazed that IC lost with Bleakrock. I mean come on, a boring island with a perpetual fire won with Tamriel's capital? Are the people here mad?
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • vestahls
    vestahls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spiral Skein
    Imperial City deserved better.
    “He is even worse than a n'wah. He is - may Vivec forgive me for uttering this word - a Hlaalu.”
    luv Abnur
    luv Rigurt
    luv Stibbons

'ate Ayrenn
    'ate Razum-dar
    'ate Khamira

simple as
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bal Foyen
    Saucy_Jack wrote: »
    It's the second of seven preliminary elimination fights; the last fight ended with Imperial City biting the dust. What zone's getting kicked this time? YOU DECIDE!

The lineup and current standing of all zones can be found here, if anyone's interested.

This fight ends at noon CST (5pm UTC) on November the 9th - let's do this!

Who the hell is voting Gold coast? Its one of my favourite zones, aesthetically and story wise, and even for convenience with everything one needs in easy to reach places... and you want to get rid of dark brotherhood? What?
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And the Spiral Skein gets the boot!
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.