The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Toxic potatoes in dungeon finder

• SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to ask, can someone tell me what a potato is? I haven't figured it out on my own yet. It's hard for a n00b like me to follow all of the terms and abbreviations that everyone keeps using. I mean, I did eventually figure out what HOTs and DOTs are, and LAs and HAs, although for the longest time I was scratching my head while perusing the forum. Potatoes are still a mystery to me-- which probably means that I'm a potato, too, although I'm willing to live with that.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. So you're telling me I'm a potato. :D
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MattT1988 wrote: »
    idk wrote: »
    Aerenel wrote: »
    I feel like for a thread started by a tank who by own admission was too lazy to stop watching TV and give minimal effort whining about DDs also putting in minimal effort, this conversation has continued for far too long.

There is nothing wrong with tank giving minimum effort. There is everything wrong with sub 10k potato dps demand tank to do dmg.

The tank was hitting a taunt only from his comments. I think any reasonable dps is allowed to want him to consider at least hitting low slash and maybe another DOT. This tank was obnoxious and the dps weren't good at the game. I'd hardly call the dps "toxic potatoes" after reading the whole thread. But I might use that term for the tank.

Lol, I tanked vcr hm vss hm, so pretty sure i am not a potato, and i did those with < 3k dps.

Wait a moment here. If you have tanked vCR +3 and vSS HM, why are you even concerned about a random about some punks in a random GF group.

This tells me there is more to the story, that there was more to the group chat that is not included in that SS. Seriously, what tank that clears the toughest content in the game cares about the damage a GF group is doing when they can some top dps to group with.

Something here does not pass the smell test.

What i did not include in the ss, is their text about me should not just stand there, that’s all.

Edit: And you are very wrong about tanks who done end game not care about group dps, no one wants to waste a crap ton of time in an easy dungeon.

It is obvious from the SS that the conversation did not start with what you provided. There is a comment that is truncated and the first one that can be read is obviously replying to a question or comment.

Pretty sure you said something at some point of they would not be calling you an idiot while kicking you out the door. You clearly cherry picked what you would present to us because you got worked up that they did not pay you the respect you think you deserve.

Further, what I was alluding to is if you really such an experienced tank as you claim you have access to skilled players to run with to it is fairly petty to complain about what you experienced with this GF group.

Pretty much your professions do not pass the smell test and I am joining the chorus that is calling you out on this. You profess so much over such a petty experienced given what you claim to be your experience that something here smells very fishy.

You want me link screen shot of my clears or something? I don’t think you cleared any of these hard content, because the generalization you made about end game tank is pretty outrageous.

Please do.

Do you have a discord? I rather dm u in discord. My request is after I do so u need to my witness when I summon you on forum.

Just post them here for all to see.

Wtf, potatoes will just steal the ss and post it as it’s their own. I am not doing that, unless you one of those who just want to steal the ss.

What do you mean steal the ss? How were you going to post it? Your username and character would be visible in the pic shouldn’t it? It would be a lot of effort to convincingly photoshop they’re character and username over it and I doubt anyone would be that desperate to go to the trouble, and even if they do, they’ll get found out quick smart.

No I don’t want to steal your *** LOL, I don’t need too. I just want to see if your talking bollocks or not.

By the way, you never answered my question from a page or so ago:

heaven13 wrote: »
    I feel like for a thread started by a tank who by own admission was too lazy to stop watching TV and give minimal effort whining about DDs also putting in minimal effort, this conversation has continued for far too long.

There is nothing wrong with tank giving minimum effort. There is everything wrong with sub 10k potato dps demand tank to do dmg.

The tank was hitting a taunt only from his comments. I think any reasonable dps is allowed to want him to consider at least hitting low slash and maybe another DOT. This tank was obnoxious and the dps weren't good at the game. I'd hardly call the dps "toxic potatoes" after reading the whole thread. But I might use that term for the tank.

Lol, I tanked vcr hm vss hm, so pretty sure i am not a potato, and i did those with < 3k dps.

So what you're saying is that because you've done some of the harder content in game, you're now entitled to do the bare minimum in other dungeon content yet expect more from the rest of your group?

I am entitled to do bare minimum in normal dungeon as a tank regardless of what i cleared.
    There are more than enough dps and nowhere near enough tanks.
    If anyone should be picky about teammate's performance, it should be the tank.

Why?

If your only going to do the bare minimum, why would you expect, or think your entitled to more from anyone else?

It’s achievements not cmx parse. Ofc the userid and char name is not displayed when you are on the achievement window. Nice try.

And answer to the other question is, there are not nuf tanks and more than nuf dps. Tank should be babied instead.
    Edited by ForzaRammer on November 6, 2019 6:47PM
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @MattT1988 i figured out a way potato doesn't get to steal it, here you go
    hfLKPfn.png
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like a good name for a band, introducing The Toxic Potatoes!
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The SS dude has some serious paranoia issues. You need to do a watermark on your SS though. It might help.

Maybe Boiling water? I heard Potatoes hate that....
    Edited by karekiz on November 6, 2019 8:58PM
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    hfLKPfn.png

Hmmm, doesn’t have your username. How do I know you didn’t “steal it”?

(I don’t think you’ve realised I’m having fun with you at this point, your arrogance and paranoia has become a great source of amusement for me)

You still haven’t answered my initial question by the way.
    Edited by MattT1988 on November 7, 2019 1:08AM
  • Indoril_Nerevar
    Indoril_Nerevar
    ✭✭✭
    Bleuren wrote: »
    My experiences have been vastly different than mentioned here.

I've had people who've helped me be a better tank, told me my role, etc.
    I've had people stay and help lower levels do quests, often quite difficult for anyone who doesn't have CP at all.

Overall, most people I've played with have been informative and quite helpful in the community.
    I even had one guy who had like 800 CP tell me,

"Tank, you got a bright future ahead of you" as if he were like this really old car mechanic, and I was applying for a job or something lol.
    My guess is there is a reason they have to use GF. Unfortunately, the place lost a lot of quality after the game went B2P.

Dungeon finder has no quality because trash tier damage dealer are babied instead of kicked.
    Now they are so entitled they demand tank to carry them.
    You give them a hand they take the whole arm.
    If part of the community want to baby them more, why not just split up the ques.

Why are people liking this comment?

Split up the queues? This seems a deeply flawed concept/solution, that would slow down queue times, thats the last thing we need.

The group finder cannot control players ability or behavior, it finds groups by role, simple. If you get a rubbish team move along, or queue with friends/guildies - thats the simple solution, not ranting about the game.

Humans are humans, it can be frustrating when they are idiots.

Remember that the community of players is our #1 problem truly.
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hfLKPfn.png

(I don’t think you’ve realised I’m having fun with you at this point, your arrogance and paranoia has become a great source of amusement for me)

oh you salty cuz you can't steal it, nice try
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    hfLKPfn.png

Love your paranoia bud, keep it coming. Having a good laugh over here.
    Edited by MattT1988 on November 7, 2019 3:01PM
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Do you have any idea at all. The more you try and defend what you did, the more you prove that it was your toxic behavior that got you kicked.

• ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hfLKPfn.png

Love your paranoia bud, keep it coming. Having a good laugh over here.

Lmao, you mind prove you have it too?
    While at it, mind prove your other claim 'userid is displayed in achievement window'?
    Or you got nothing it is all just your attempt to steal some ss?
    You must be surprised i accepted ur request.
    I would not be surprised you find some lame reason to dodge.
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wait a moment here. If you have tanked vCR +3 and vSS HM, why are you even concerned about a random about some punks in a random GF group.

This tells me there is more to the story, that there was more to the group chat that is not included in that SS. Seriously, what tank that clears the toughest content in the game cares about the damage a GF group is doing when they can some top dps to group with.

What i did not include in the ss, is their text about me should not just stand there, that’s all.

Edit: And you are very wrong about tanks who done end game not care about group dps, no one wants to waste a crap ton of time in an easy dungeon.

It is obvious from the SS that the conversation did not start with what you provided. There is a comment that is truncated and the first one that can be read is obviously replying to a question or comment.

Pretty sure you said something at some point of they would not be calling you an idiot while kicking you out the door. You clearly cherry picked what you would present to us because you got worked up that they did not pay you the respect you think you deserve.

Further, what I was alluding to is if you really such an experienced tank as you claim you have access to skilled players to run with to it is fairly petty to complain about what you experienced with this GF group.

Pretty much your professions do not pass the smell test and I am joining the chorus that is calling you out on this. You profess so much over such a petty experienced given what you claim to be your experience that something here smells very fishy.

You want me link screen shot of my clears or something? I don’t think you cleared any of these hard content, because the generalization you made about end game tank is pretty outrageous.

Please do.

Do you have a discord? I rather dm u in discord. My request is after I do so u need to my witness when I summon you on forum.

Wtf, potatoes will just steal the ss and post it as it’s their own. I am not doing that, unless you one of those who just want to steal the ss.

When you keep calling people potatoes, keep demonstrating an attitude that you are looking down on players, you merely cement our opinion that you went full elitist on those players. That more was said that they had low dps.

BTW, we really do not care if you cleared vCR+3 and more as a tank. The point was that if you are that good of a tank and run with such good players it seems rather petty to complain about this GF group. More that seem, it is.

I was watching nba highlights i did not even bother to say anything b4 they ask me to do dmg.
    Anyone can complain about stuff they don't like regardless of what they have done.
    What i have cleared has nothing to do with potatoes making outrageous requests.
    The message you quoted, I was replying to the person who called me a potato.

You keep trying to push the idea 'player who done vcr3 don't complain about group finder'.
    Saying it over and over doesn't turn it into truth.
    I've seen other ppl who cleared vcr3 vsshm also don't want these potatoes in group finder.
    They did not go as far as create a post for it. But they surely commented.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahem...

Compliments of Reddit from 2016:

"Potato became a very common insult through players on bad computers in large games such as league of legends, CS, WoT etc, where players loaded in late, lagged, disconnected etc were referred to as playing on a potato computer.
    Naturally, soon enough the insult changed slightly to refer to the player rather than the computer."

[drops mic and walks off]
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Please do.

3fkvgz.jpg

Fear is the Mindkiller
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please do.

When you keep calling people potatoes, keep demonstrating an attitude that you are looking down on players, you merely cement our opinion that you went full elitist on those players. That more was said that they had low dps.

BTW, we really do not care if you cleared vCR+3 and more as a tank. The point was that if you are that good of a tank and run with such good players it seems rather petty to complain about this GF group. More that seem, it is.

I was watching nba highlights i did not even bother to say anything b4 they ask me to do dmg.
    Anyone can complain about stuff they don't like regardless of what they have done.

You keep trying to push the idea 'player who done vcr3 don't complain about group finder'.
    I've seen other ppl who cleared vcr3 vsshm also don't want these potatoes in group finder.

Meh. Just like your continued professing you were sweet as sugar to these people does not make it true.

Besides, I am not saying tanks skilled and experienced as much as you are do not complain about getting kicked by a GF group because it is very petty.

Granted, I have been kicked from a GF group once. It was as soon as it formed the some guy kicked both sub 50 characters (character level was in mid 40s) from the group because they thought they would be bad dps. His comment was the dungeons was not the place to level up characters.

Did I think he was dumb as dirt? yes.

Did I think it was worthy to complain in the forums and keep complaining about it for days? No because I have solid players to run with in my raiding guilds and pretty much felt it was beneath me complain about something so trivial.

I guess that is the difference between you and I.
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please do.

Meh. Just like your continued professing you were sweet as sugar to these people does not make it true.

Besides, I am not saying tanks skilled and experienced as much as you are do not complain about getting kicked by a GF group because it is very petty.

Granted, I have been kicked from a GF group once. It was as soon as it formed the some guy kicked both sub 50 characters (character level was in mid 40s) from the group because they thought they would be bad dps. His comment was the dungeons was not the place to level up characters.

Did I think it was worthy to complain in the forums and keep complaining about it for days? No because I have solid players to run with in my raiding guilds and pretty much felt it was beneath me complain about something so trivial.

I never said i was sweet to them.
    My story from the start has been i was watching nba highlight and did not bother say anything until they say something like 'don't just stand there, attack boss'.
    They started it. It is not my responsibility to be nice to potatoes.

If you don't want to complain on forum about this problems, it is your choice.
    The difference is simply i rather call out the potatoes you rather enable them.
    Edited by ForzaRammer on November 7, 2019 5:36PM
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please do.

My story from the start has been i was watching nba highlight and did not bother say anything until they say something like 'don't just stand there, attack boss'.

So you were AFK and not paying attention while the group was waiting for the tank to pull. It is 100% your fault you got kicked. It wasn't about dps, it was about you slowing the group down by being AFK.

• ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »

Please do.

So you were AFK and not paying attention while the group was waiting for the tank to pull. It is 100% your fault you got kicked. It wasn't about dps, it was about you slowing the group down by being AFK.

I was not afk, i was taunting the boss and doing nothing else.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please do.

You were AFK before the fight and the group got tired of your garbage. The conversation is done, you were in the wrong.

• ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please do.

You were AFK before the fight and the group got tired of your garbage. The conversation is done, you were in the wrong.

Oh, conversation is done for you maybe, but you have not convinced me yet.
    You are just another one of those people rather enable the potatoes.
    I was not in the wrong, the potatoes you baby so much were in the wrong.

Here is the major flaw in your argument, why do they even need to w8 for me in normal?
    And sure i was not fast, but how much time can a tank waste compare to 4 digit dps?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please do.

lol. I hardly enable potatoes and you are most certainly not calling out potatoes. You are merely venting your frustrations for getting kicked from the group. You done nothing but express aggravation that those players wanted any tank but you.

Your attitude you have expressed here, that you are more important than the rest of the group speaks volumes to this. No matter how much you try to profess otherwise we see it for what it really is. Very sad.
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please do.

lol. I hardly enable potatoes and you are most certainly not calling out potatoes. You are merely venting your frustrations for getting kicked from the group. You done nothing but express aggravation that those players wanted any tank but you.

Your attitude you have expressed here, that you are more important than the rest of the group speaks volumes to this. No matter how much you try to profess otherwise we see it for what it really is. Very sad.

Oh i literally said 'maybe you should ask the damage dealer to step up'
  • Naftal
    Naftal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please do.

You deserved to be kicked for this. Play the game or gtfo from queue.

It's obvious they got fed up with you doing next to nothing and saying DDs should do more.
    Edited by Naftal on November 7, 2019 7:42PM
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Potato is a relavant term. I'd imagine a good 98% of the population may be a 'potato' to Liko.*

What upsets the OP, is he found himself to be the potato. Went from vSS tank to kerbtank.

*Dollars to donuts, though, Liko does not act entitled.
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Naftal wrote: »

Please do.

You deserved to be kicked for this. Play the game or gtfo from queue.

It's obvious they got fed up with you doing next to nothing and saying DDs should do more.

lol now i just get some dps in zone b4 i que, being a tank is so nice.
    I get to demand 30k dps by only getting them que faster.
    And no one complains about me being lazy.
    I even get to kick the ones lie to me about their dps.
    Should've done it sooner. Feels good man.
    And enjoy your que.
  • b95fister
    b95fister
    ✭✭✭
    OP I feel your pain.

I offer to make potato’s gear, help with rotation, self healing etc...

MOST of the time it is met with screw/f***/leave me alone .

I have never played a game in real life or virtual like this where people actually HATE or talk CRAP on good players..

ESO is really one in a million
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's most fun is when toxic potatoes don't know mechanics and don't understand there are ton of cases when boss ignores taunt and makes scripted attacks on dps which should be blocked/dodged/outhealed and so they kick you "because you can't hold taunt" and then you re-queue after 1 hour and come in same group and they are sitting on same boss :D
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings all,

After reviewing the thread, we have decided it would be best to close it down due to Baiting, as well as not being very constructive. When creating threads, we ask that they be kept civil and constructive, as well as within the guidelines of the rules that have in place. If there may be any questions in regards to the rules, please feel free to take a few moments to review them here.

Thank you for your understanding,
    -Greg-
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.