The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

New Hat Pack, Markings, and Mount in the Crown Store - Nov. 1 to 5

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
New month, new Crown Store offerings! Check out the all-new hats, markings, and mount below.

COSTUMES
Hats
Flatbrim Mourning Hat Pack
c13f4173a3af79ec5a925dec3cdfd4a5.jpg
Bundle including three Flatbrim Hats: the Modest Mourning Hat, Deluxe Mourning Hat, and Plumed Mourning Hat. It’s important to honor the deceased on the days of remembrance for the dead, but that doesn’t mean the living have to look dull and dowdy!

The Flatbrim Mourning Hat Pack is available in the Crown Store on all platforms for a limited time, from November 1 to November 5 at 10am EST, and costs 700 crowns.

Skull Face Tattoo Pack
21cf86c5171514a628d4a4114290c1d7.jpg
This face marking bundle includes the Verdant, Floral, and Spoked Skull Face Tattoos, markings for those who wish to honor the dead on a day of special remembrance—or just want to look coolly intimidating.

The Skull Face Tattoo Pack is available in the Crown Store on all platforms for a limited time, from November 1 to November 5 at 10am EST, and costs 700 crowns.

MOUNTS
Badger Bear
0b3622a7095852fec8f0e2b36dfcb920.jpg
The Badger Bears of southern Blackwood were nearly extinct in the wild when they were saved by the intervention from an unlikely source, an Imperial noble, when Viscount Glorion of Leyawiin rescued the species by breeding them as mounts.

The Badger Bear mount is available in the Crown Store on all platforms for a limited time, from November 1 to November 5 at 10am EST, and costs 2,500 crowns.

DYE STAMPS
Hoarfrost
amvm7cxu9far.jpg

The Hoarfrost dye stamps are available on all platforms from November 1 to November 8 at 10am EST and cost from 50 to 100 crowns.

Will you be picking up these latest Crown Store items? Show us your screenshots and GIFs here, on Twitter, or Instagram.
Edited by ZOS_JessicaFolsom on November 1, 2018 3:36PM
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'd like to know how the hats dye, please.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The bear has nice color, but his eyes are lost in it :/ Also something is very wrong with his front legs:

h3Z83RP.jpg

I do not use Foot inverse kinematics, it's actually the default look :o
  • Yuls
    Yuls
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fischblut wrote: »
    The bear has nice color, but his eyes are lost in it :/ Also something is very wrong with his front legs:

Bears actually do place their front legs slightly inwards. Slightly. :D
  • MonkLoHan
    MonkLoHan
    ✭✭✭
    Nice. Saw a Khajiit hanging out in the great tree in Grahtwood yesterday wearing one of those hats along with Sheogorath costume.

Khajiit looked like an O.G. ESO pimp. It was AWESOME!!
  • OlafdieWaldfee
    OlafdieWaldfee
    ✭✭✭✭
    AlienSlof wrote: »
    I'd like to know how the hats dye, please.

Never mind the hats. They are of the kind that makes your character bald.
    Not cool, Zenimax!
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You sure? My long hair remained when I previewed them.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • OlafdieWaldfee
    OlafdieWaldfee
    ✭✭✭✭
    AlienSlof wrote: »
    You sure? My long hair remained when I previewed them.

Tried it with my male Breton and multiple hairstyles ("By Kyne, it's humid", Adorable Assassin, the undercut,daggerfall hair). Always bald. :(
    I was really disappointed, because I wanted to buy him this hat. But not for the cost of his hair.
    Edited by OlafdieWaldfee on November 3, 2018 10:37AM
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'll pass then. They are getting increasingly sloppy.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Some hair styles may not work, but the ones I tried do.
    The hats dye a few shades brighter than average, probably on account of the gray undertones and texturing throughout.

Antique Silver
    Y50B4c2.png

Contraband Violet
    IzsvKiU.png

Mages Guild has the same type of gray texturing so that may be one of the more ideal costume packs to pair the hats with. Has a nice Monster Hunter vibe.

Coldharbour Ash Black
    uhUDmmA.png

White River Braids is my general alternative to flat, straight female hair with a hat/costume combo.
    Not that it has to be gender specific...

Slaughterfish Flesh Pink
    wO0RsT6.png
    Edited by Acrolas on November 3, 2018 9:30PM
    signing off
  • OlafdieWaldfee
    OlafdieWaldfee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    Some hair styles may not work, but the ones I tried do.

I found it out: It works with hairstyles - but not in preview!
    I tried EVERY hairstyle in preview - all bald. I bought the pack (because one of my chars is bald, so it wouldn't have mattered) and everything is fine.

Not very clever to make the preview look like your char would go bald.

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom Maybe talk to your design department to fix this?
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Acrolas - thank you, those all look pretty good.

Re the balding: all my characters have long hair as their original style and the hats all preview with hair for me. I might just grab them after all - they're the only thing I want from this month's CS.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's probably a restriction of one preview at a time, so if you preview the hat, the hairstyle will always be the character's own - which could be totally hidden.
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This hat package coming back in 2019? Please?
  • Gnortranermara
    Gnortranermara
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will you be picking up these latest Crown Store items?

Nah, but I'd buy a cosmetic Hair Dye Pack if you can talk someone into adding Hair Color to the Collections tab. Single-use Appearance Change tokens are not enough bang for the buck.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cavedog wrote: »

You got my hopes up! :anguished:

Please don't use thread necromancy!
    This is why:
    39bl66.jpg
    (And so does ZOS)
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, what about this year ZOS? The face tats with the color are kinda lame, and we still don't have a semi normal looking hat option other than the mourning hats...so if we didn't catch them last year, why not a chance to get them this year too?....and every day of the dead hereafter?

...seems weird to have to ask to get something put into the crown store that people can spend real money on, but please.
    Edited by Cavedog on November 1, 2019 10:42PM
  • eklhaftb16_ESO
    eklhaftb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, I wanted this too. :/
    But those St. Patrick hats from March haven't returned either. They're probably gonna break these packs into individual items and stuff them into some future crates, or something. :p
  • DuckInRealLife
    DuckInRealLife
    ✭✭✭
    So it's November 2nd here in Australia.
    And they're not in the crown store?
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @DuckInRealLife
    You're a year too late, mate.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • MagicalLija
    MagicalLija
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    guysss stop necromancing this post, oh heck im adding to it
  • sMuggle
    sMuggle
    ✭✭✭
    Here's to hoping for a 2021 Hat come back!
    Edited by sMuggle on March 11, 2021 6:17AM
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cavedog wrote: »

You got my hopes up! :anguished:

Please don't use thread necromancy!
    This is why:
    39bl66.jpg
    (And so does ZOS)

Since I don’t have a necro gif handy I’ll borrow this one. Seriously, post in the Crown Store wishlist or start a new thread!