The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Toxic potatoes in dungeon finder

• Strike_Maximus
    Strike_Maximus
    ✭✭✭
    Unfourtanly the anonymity of the internet brings out the worst in people sometimes. I've been in groups where we had to kick someone and I've also been in groups where I was kicked. I understand many views and reasons why, but I don't think we will ever be able to prevent these types of negative people or actions. This type of behavior will be found in the n00bist of dungeons to the hardest of the hard vet content.
    PC/NA/DC

CP 810
    Garin Maximus, Breton, Dragonknight, Confused (Crafter)
    Vertalius Maximus, Imperial, Templar, Tank
    Vistilia Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Templar, Healer
    Stormproof - Rowlan Maximus, Breton, Pet Sorc, DPS (MAIN)
    Theottus Maximus, Imperial, Stam night blade, DPS
    Stedus Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Templar, DPS
    Dexion Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Necromancer, DPS
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfourtanly the anonymity of the internet brings out the worst in people sometimes. I've been in groups where we had to kick someone and I've also been in groups where I was kicked. I understand many views and reasons why, but I don't think we will ever be able to prevent these types of negative people or actions. This type of behavior will be found in the n00bist of dungeons to the hardest of the hard vet content.

Why can't zos prevent me being put into the same group with them?
    I didn't even complain about their trash dps cuz it is normal.
    They have issue with tank doing nothing other than poking the boss.
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do 3% of the damage in my groups and if I get a dlc dungeon- then I quit before it starts. DLC dungeons are the worst. People never listen.

I mean there is nothing wrong with doing only 3 % the group dps as the tank
  • Strike_Maximus
    Strike_Maximus
    ✭✭✭

If you block these people then you will not be put in the same group as them ever again, of course, this requires you to know their game names.
    PC/NA/DC

CP 810
    Garin Maximus, Breton, Dragonknight, Confused (Crafter)
    Vertalius Maximus, Imperial, Templar, Tank
    Vistilia Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Templar, Healer
    Stormproof - Rowlan Maximus, Breton, Pet Sorc, DPS (MAIN)
    Theottus Maximus, Imperial, Stam night blade, DPS
    Stedus Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Templar, DPS
    Dexion Maximus, Imperial, Magicka Necromancer, DPS
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If you block these people then you will not be put in the same group as them ever again, of course, this requires you to know their game names.

oh that's a myth
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ^
    The reason why I never queue, I don't want that kind of jerks in peaceful gaming
    I just solo normal dungeons and go on
    No communication means no problem :D
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the proper way to do a groupfinder is through npc guilds which have a specific focus and achievement based chats.

fighters guild: trials and arenas
    mages guild: overland ( quests, delves, public dungeons)
    undaunted: dungeons
    theives guild/Dartk brotherhood: stealing missions and assassinations
    Psigic order: achievements
    Alliance: pvp
    player guilds: Sweeper and traders

so you can join any two at any time ( to keep focus and players spread out) and each one has 5 or so different chats based on things youve accomplished. Maelstrom arena for instance or vet dlcs or 30k achievement points. Things you will have in common.

this makes sure that those looking for groups have access to their peers achievement wise but still control making the group since its just a special chat.

it also diversifies and adds depth to the npc guilds which now cover more than just dungeons.

maybe a heavy technical solution is not the answer here and a more simplified approach would work better. I am certain people will work hard to get access to some of those chats.
    It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • MrGhosty
    MrGhosty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    My guess is there is a reason they have to use GF. Unfortunately, the place lost a lot of quality after the game went B2P.

This is of course all anecdotal, but I've actually seen better behavior since coming back a few months ago compared to when I was playing in 2014/15. This is the internet, people get to typically be the worst possible version of themselves because there are no real consequences, but I think it's the wrong line of thinking to blame buy to play.

To the OP, that sucks you had a bad experience but your best insulator for that would be to find a good guild to play with. Other than that, you at least got to requeue without a quitter debuff with the satisfaction of knowing they probably dissolved shortly after kicking you. Small silver lining, I know.
    "It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom."
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rungar wrote: »
    the proper way to do a groupfinder is through npc guilds which have a specific focus and achievement based chats.

fighters guild: trials and arenas
    mages guild: overland ( quests, delves, public dungeons)
    undaunted: dungeons
    theives guild/Dartk brotherhood: stealing missions and assassinations
    Psigic order: achievements
    Alliance: pvp
    player guilds: Sweeper and traders

so you can join any two at any time ( to keep focus and players spread out) and each one has 5 or so different chats based on things youve accomplished. Maelstrom arena for instance or vet dlcs or 30k achievement points. Things you will have in common.

this makes sure that those looking for groups have access to their peers achievement wise but still control making the group since its just a special chat.

it also diversifies and adds depth to the npc guilds which now cover more than just dungeons.

maybe a heavy technical solution is not the answer here and a more simplified approach would work better. I am certain people will work hard to get access to some of those chats.

My idea '2 que system' is not heavy technical at all, i even suggested the easy split with basically 1 if statement.
    Make another que, copy existing que code, change the que name.
    Some thing like
    'if maelstrombaronpolymorph in CurPlayer.collectables:
    then Server.SecondQue.dps.append(CurPlayer.atname)
    else Server.Que.dps.append(CurPlayer.atname)'
    I am not real programmer, all i know is some basic python, but the logic is there.
    Edited by ForzaRammer on October 31, 2019 12:40AM
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i think you would be surprised at how much resources the groupfinder is allocated.
    It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • BalmoraRatgirl
    BalmoraRatgirl
    ✭✭✭
    This kind ofsituation IS annoying, but you were a bit rude and, honestly, as a healer, if the group DPS is too low I usually switch out a skill or two and contribute as much as I can to the DPS while still doing my original job. Pick up gorups are about adapting to (usually) less-than-optimal situations. If you want a problem free run, ask guild mates to group with you.
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This kind ofsituation IS annoying, but you were a bit rude and, honestly, as a healer, if the group DPS is too low I usually switch out a skill or two and contribute as much as I can to the DPS while still doing my original job. Pick up gorups are about adapting to (usually) less-than-optimal situations. If you want a problem free run, ask guild mates to group with you.

Oh no, i was not rude, they were saying something like 'tank go attack, don't just stand there'.
    I was watching nba highlight and poking the boss once every 15 second.
    They complained about me not doing nuf dmg first.
  • Fiewiel
    Fiewiel
    ✭✭✭
    Out of interrest: How many health you had and what weapons you used?
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fiewiel wrote: »

20 some k with sword and board
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

There’s no amount of health or weapon type that means a crappy dps gets to demand a tank carry their sorry hide through a dungeon
  • BalmoraRatgirl
    BalmoraRatgirl
    ✭✭✭

Oh no, i was not rude, they were saying something like 'tank go attack, don't just stand there'.

I think we have different ideas of what is rude. They were rude and you were too.
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think we have different ideas of what is rude. They were rude and you were too.

Ofc, but why should I be nice to ppl who make absurd demands and not even asking politely.
  • Fiewiel
    Fiewiel
    ✭✭✭

So youre playing a dps and switched to sword/board to get into the tank queue.
    Im normally playing healer and on non-dlc dungeons I do not care about dps playing tanks, as long as they find their taunt button and arent one-shots and do a tanks job. Often works, sometimes not.

I would have dropped the group after the first boss and just sucked the 10min penalty (old dungeonfinder), no clue how long a tank/dps has to wait. Thats just me.
    Edited by Fiewiel on October 31, 2019 1:17AM
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I only pug vet dungeons when I'm bored or drunk, or both. And do it for lul's.
    But if you got limited time to play or simply wanna get something done then its best to play with ppl you know.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WQaLMPs.png

These ppl doing 4 digit dps and want tank to attack and do damage, when i tell them i am a tank it is not my job they just kick.

Srsly zos, this dungeon finder is so anti tank. Can we please have a 2 tier que so i get to play with half decent players only?

Spare me some pain, so i don't need to deal with these ppl. I don't see toxic elitist, all i see is entiled potato abuse the system.

This is the classic case of... ~You Queue with Randoms in Dungeon Finder You Lose!~ It's best to find players to queue with you or not at all to avoid the headache.

If you are going to use the dungeon finder in this game. Expect to run into great heartache and debauchery. Queue with friends or guildies or expect to get the shaft. ESO's group finder is one of the most toxic I've experienced in my 18 years of MMO gaming.

Would be nice if ZOS redesign the group finder to behave like Guild Wars 2's Looking for Group feature. That one is by far the best I've experienced in MMOs.
  • DuckInRealLife
    DuckInRealLife
    ✭✭✭
    This is why I do all my dungeon content on a healer and say nothing, cause then I'm "that guy" and as long as people don't die, or stand in puddles, and I put on combat prayer on CD it looks like I'm doing my job.

I think the issue with tanking is that people expect you to do everything, but you can't.
    Tanks job is to hold things still and cast vicious mockery, or keep things away from the squishes.
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So youre playing a dps and switched to sword/board to get into the tank queue.
    Im normally playing healer and on non-dlc dungeons I do not care about dps playing tanks, as long as they find their taunt button and arent one-shots and do a tanks job. Often works, sometimes not.

I would have dropped the group after the first boss and just sucked the 10min penalty (old dungeonfinder), no clue how long a tank/dps has to wait. Thats just me.

Wtf, it is a pvp toon with close to 30k resistance, and i have a shield.
    And I been poking the boss.
    You don't have dps with 20 some k hp dps with high resistance.
    I don't que as fake tank. My pvp toon is tanky enough for these contents.
    This is plenty even for the non dlc vets.
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shame there's no punishment for people kicking others just because they can. Queued as healer for a random normal to get my dremora skull, and got city of ash 1. One dps went to one end of the dungeon, and tank went to the other. I stuck with other dps because they needed the quest. Then first dps tried to kick the dps I was with because we weren't with him I guess? That whole run was a mess in general.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shame there's no punishment for people kicking others just because they can. Queued as healer for a random normal to get my dremora skull, and got city of ash 1. One dps went to one end of the dungeon, and tank went to the other. I stuck with other dps because they needed the quest. Then first dps tried to kick the dps I was with because we weren't with him I guess? That whole run was a mess in general.

Another example of ~If You Queue with Randoms, You Lose!~

Another reason why I just don't do it. Either you should embrace the headache of doing so. Or learn from your experience and stop putting yourself into such.
  • Jeremy
    Jeremy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WQaLMPs.png

These ppl doing 4 digit dps and want tank to attack and do damage, when i tell them i am a tank it is not my job they just kick.

Srsly zos, this dungeon finder is so anti tank. Can we please have a 2 tier que so i get to play with half decent players only?

Spare me some pain, so i don't need to deal with these ppl. I don't see toxic elitist, all i see is entiled potato abuse the system.

Those people sound like idiots so they probably did you a favor by kicking you. Because that's first sign that the group sucks is when you see them complain that the tank isn't doing enough damage...
    Edited by Jeremy on October 31, 2019 2:12AM
  • DLM
    DLM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few weeks ago I was kicked (as heal) from a vet Fang Lair for refusing to do HM as the rest of the group wasn't even competent enough to do non-HM, the tank was getting one shot constantly, the DPS failed to destroy the crystals in time and had to endure "you suck" "you're empeding our run" blablabla.

Queued and got a new group for a fresh new run after a couple of minutes. No death and "great heals" at the end.

Not sure which group I should believe xD
  • mocap
    mocap
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2k+ undaunted keys, playing with PUG since 2016 and i never encountered such thing, when DD ask tank to do damage.

Either OP is hiding something from us, doesn't tell us whole story, or he got super crazy PUG team.
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe dps was bad because you just stood there in permalink and didn't bother to properly rebuff the bosses and buff your group? Like crusher?

If you are playing lazy you can't expect from others to play better. Maybe they just stood there and made light attacks on the boss. What else would a dps need to do 😂
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    My guess is there is a reason they have to use GF. Unfortunately, the place lost a lot of quality after the game went B2P.

Dungeon finder has no quality because trash tier damage dealer are babied instead of kicked.
    Now they are so entitled they demand tank to carry them.
    You give them a hand they take the whole arm.
    If part of the community want to baby them more, why not just split up the ques.

Umm, I think the dps via GF is so often bad because most of the sensible players join group form guild/zone vs rely on the GF.

Since you are a tank why are you even here complaining about this? As a decent tank it is easy to find a decent guild and group up from that guild. Then you can join the large number of decent players who do not worry about this. And when I say a decent tank and a decent guild I do not mean top raiders.

The game is much more enjoyable when running with regular people in group content. I never queue with fewer than 3 in our group these days. Usually it is a full group but sometimes we want to see what we find. We are happy to carry any new or lesser experienced player and only kick players if they are jerks. We sometimes get some gems that do well and sometimes we get someone who spends most of the boss fight watching it from the flat of their back. In the end it is all good because I queued with a core group.
  • FierceSam
    FierceSam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Because that’s not what the group finder does. It doesn’t match you with people, it simply finds you a group. As fast as it can.

You don’t want random people? You want to be more choosey? Check their DPS and star sign for compatibility before joining? Go find your own. You’re a much better judge of the people you want to play with than any automated system will ever be.

This discussion has been closed.