Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Toxic potatoes in dungeon finder

• RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tount once 15 seconds ?
    If the dungeon was vet you should be skilled enough to Ransack Light attack Bash every 1.something seconds + some Dots and buffs. If i see "Tank" in Vet dungeon doing nothing but tounting once 15 sec and just holding block like a mudcrab i would of consider kicking him too.
    Edited by RouDeR on October 31, 2019 7:08AM
    Options
  • TempPlayer
    TempPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think many DD doesn't understand their role, which is essential in vet. Tank hold the boss in place and debuff it. Healer heal and buff group.
    Everything else is DD's responsibility. DD need to do damage of course, but it is also their job to rez, and their job to deal with quacky mechanic of the boss. Like interrupting them when they try to do a one hit kill, unwrapping other when they are webbed, killing adds when they spawn, or dealing with mechanic that involve a lot of running around. Not only that, the DD also need to be close to each other as much as possible in order for the healer to maximize their heal.
    What I'm trying to say is there are a lot of DD out there who don't fully understand their role, so best to group with guild member.
    Edited by TempPlayer on October 31, 2019 7:27AM
    Options
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its because the difficulty (need to do more damage AND handle mechanics) jumps significantly between normal and vet. There needs to be a middle ground to properly prepare ppl
    Options
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TempPlayer wrote: »
    I think many DD doesn't understand their role, which is essential in vet. Tank hold the boss in place and debuff it. Healer heal and buff group.
    Everything else is DD's responsibility. DD need to do damage of course, but it is also their job to rez, and their job to deal with quacky mechanic of the boss. Like interrupting them when they try to do a one hit kill, unwrapping other when they are webbed, killing adds when they spawn, or dealing with mechanic that involve a lot of running around. Not only that, the DD also need to be close to each other as much as possible in order for the healer to maximize their heal.
    What I'm trying to say is there are a lot of DD out there who don't fully understand their role, so best to group with guild member.

I can certainly attest to that. There's a lot of DPS out there who think their one and only job is to get super high numbers on the damage meter. This has never been the case in any MMO I've ever played. Some tasks vary between titles, and sometimes between patches to those titles, like buffs/debuffs or interupts or CC. But some tasks are consistent. Damage, yes, but also things like not standing in the stupid or handling special boss or group mechanics.

As far as ESO is concerned, there's been several times in PUGS where, as the tank, I've found myself having to be the one to rez the dead DPS because the other one just won't do it and the healer is too busy keeping that one and myself alive. I don't think I need to explain why putting the rez responsibility on the tank is a bad idea. Suffice to say that unless I think I can pull it of and it's worth taking the risk, I won't do it.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
    Options
  • Glurin
    Glurin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Its because the difficulty (need to do more damage AND handle mechanics) jumps significantly between normal and vet. There needs to be a middle ground to properly prepare ppl

There are very, very few fights where you can't afford to stop DPSing for a few seconds to go rez somebody, and the ones what are like that usually mean you're going to wipe anyway when somebody goes down.
    "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster...when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..."
    Options
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This kind ofsituation IS annoying, but you were a bit rude and, honestly, as a healer, if the group DPS is too low I usually switch out a skill or two and contribute as much as I can to the DPS while still doing my original job. Pick up gorups are about adapting to (usually) less-than-optimal situations. If you want a problem free run, ask guild mates to group with you.

Oh no, i was not rude, they were saying something like 'tank go attack, don't just stand there'.
    I was watching nba highlight and poking the boss once every 15 second.
    They complained about me not doing nuf dmg first.

I think you kind of were. You could have chosen to make their damage better by debuffing things and actually being present instead of acting like it was all on them. Though they were rude first.
    Options
  • valkyrie93
    valkyrie93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can’t be the only one who pictured actual toxic potatoes using the df and laughed a bit despite knowing what op meant
    PC EU
    Options
  • Kurat
    Kurat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RouDeR wrote: »
    Tount once 15 seconds ?
    If the dungeon was vet you should be skilled enough to Ransack Light attack Bash every 1.something seconds + some Dots and buffs. If i see "Tank" in Vet dungeon doing nothing but tounting once 15 sec and just holding block like a mudcrab i would of consider kicking him too.

Nice attitude. I guess you rather wait 30 min for another tank than just get the dungeon done. But you are probably too low dps that you need tank's 2-3k input lmao. This is exactly why not many ppl wanna tank pugs, entitled dps teaches how to tank. If you are so great then why dont you tank yourself instead waiting 30 min in queue as dps.
    Options
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some time ago... City of Ash 2... I get attacked by a DD around 400cp points lower than me that I am a bad tank because the group does small dps....

I explain to him politely that tanks don't do dps, they only debuff and that if the DDs dont do enough dps, debuff wont make a big difference.

He said that he did 65% of group dps...

I told him that group dps was 18k, although I was applying constantly Crusher, Major Breach/Fracture, Minor Breach/Fracture. (with my Templar tank).... and that 65% of an 18k group dps is very low dps for a DD...

He asked the group to kick me.... (failed ofc)
    Options
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kurat wrote: »
    Tount once 15 seconds ?

Nice attitude. I guess you rather wait 30 min for another tank than just get the dungeon done. But you are probably too low dps that you need tank's 2-3k input lmao. This is exactly why not many ppl wanna tank pugs, entitled dps teaches how to tank. If you are so great then why dont you tank yourself instead waiting 30 min in queue as dps.

I can do 20k dps on my Tank just fine in most Craglorn VET trials, so git gut mate and l2p.
    And my main chars are Tanks, who can outdps most of the pug dpses, so there is that :)
    Edited by RouDeR on October 31, 2019 9:35AM
    Options
  • Bobby_V_Rockit
    Bobby_V_Rockit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Glurin wrote: »

There are very, very few fights where you can't afford to stop DPSing for a few seconds to go rez somebody, and the ones what are like that usually mean you're going to wipe anyway when somebody goes down.

Agreed, I always try to rez people, usually a few times until I figure the group is better off if they stay dead and I just focus on damage instead. But that wasnt my point, my point is the learning curve between normal and vet it huge for a lot of players and some kind of middle ground or mid-tier could be a good stepping stone
    Options
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    WQaLMPs.png

These ppl doing 4 digit dps and want tank to attack and do damage, when i tell them i am a tank it is not my job they just kick.

Srsly zos, this dungeon finder is so anti tank. Can we please have a 2 tier que so i get to play with half decent players only?

Spare me some pain, so i don't need to deal with these ppl. I don't see toxic elitist, all i see is entiled potato abuse the system.

Dust yourself off, and get back in the rodeo.
    Options
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can do 20k dps on my Tank just fine in most Craglorn VET trials, so git gut mate and l2p.
    And my main chars are Tanks, who can outdps most of the pug dpses, so there is that :)

Tanks are not in group to dps. And no, he doesnt have to "l2p" in order to provide more dps because he simply doesnt have to. Except very rare situations. Tank's focus is to debuff, CC, taunt and support group.

Also, I dont know any tank who uses Ransack and not Puncture.
    Edited by gatekeeper13 on October 31, 2019 11:42AM
    Options
  • Indoril_Nerevar
    Indoril_Nerevar
    ✭✭✭
    Are we calling them "potatoes" now? :D
    Options
  • Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so... someone got kicked from pug...

tip:

- bring at least one bro with you so you can avoid any kicks

- bring 2 bros and kick anyone you want to

- bring three and enjoy the content (don't pug)
    Options
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tount once 15 seconds ?

I'm curious about how you play it now :)
    I've a tank than I play time to time (still healer main).
    Any advice to get something similar ?

Can get ~30k dps on my Templar healer (a bit less with patch) but I struggle to make more than 10 as tank w/o scarifying to much on the tanky/sustain side.
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

Options
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This kind ofsituation IS annoying, but you were a bit rude and, honestly, as a healer, if the group DPS is too low I usually switch out a skill or two and contribute as much as I can to the DPS while still doing my original job. Pick up gorups are about adapting to (usually) less-than-optimal situations. If you want a problem free run, ask guild mates to group with you.

Oh no, i was not rude, they were saying something like 'tank go attack, don't just stand there'.

The main tank of my groupe once was asked to dps more and help to heal the group.
    As a DK xD
    She leave right there and we help her to do her pledge with a full guild-group.
    In which universe tank as to do all role ?
    PU sometime..
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

Options
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pug are, before everything else, risky as we all know by now. We can find great players with the finder tool but unfortunately we can also find a few "enlightened" players...

I queued today with a guild mate, before going to work, for a random normal - we planned plunder picking. No one else on guild answered the call and we used the tool finder. The 2 random players added by the finder tool were between level 30-40. Do you think that was a problem to us? We gladly carried those 2 while burning everything down while the devil blinks an eye.
    At the end everyone was happy: quick run, several plunder in the bag, new players done the quest n got the skill point. All quick n pretty slick.

My thoughts to all: Just chill, be cool. On the other end there's a player just like you.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
    Options
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tount once 15 seconds ?

There is nothing wrong with only puncture once every 15 seconds. As long as the tank is taunting and not dying the tank is doing his basic job.

And sub 10k dps has no rights to expect more from tank because they are the ones not doing their part.
    Options
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe dps was bad because you just stood there in permalink and didn't bother to properly rebuff the bosses and buff your group? Like crusher?

If you are playing lazy you can't expect from others to play better. Maybe they just stood there and made light attacks on the boss. What else would a dps need to do 😂

They need to do a lot more than their pathetic 4 digit dps regardless i debuff or not. They are the one playing like dog crap and expect me to ‘don’t just stand there and attack the boss’
    Options
  • validifyedneb18_ESO
    validifyedneb18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess this is largely a problem with random normal driving bad players and veterans alike into the normal queue.

We could use vet but then I can solo many vanilla vet dungeons, but I doubt I could even solo normal MHK for example, never mind vet. Huge difference in difficulty even within the same difficulty mode.
    EU: Magden, Magknight, Stamsorc(*2), Magsorc
    NA: Magplar, Magden, PotatoBlade
    Options
  • ForzaRammer
    ForzaRammer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tount once 15 seconds ?

I am sure crag vets is something to brag about XD.
    I have cleared all the dlc hm vet. So I don’t think I need to l2p how to tank basic dungeons.
    Options
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I say newer normal dlc is harder than the easier vet dungeons like wayrest 1 and CoA1.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
    Options
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was supportive until I read this. Were you doing anything beyond taunting? Debuffing the boss? Buffing their damage/sustain or healing them? Putting out some damage? It sounds like you attention wasn't really on the dungeon and you were doing the minimum.

But that said the people you were grouped with sound like idiots. Damage is pretty far down the list of things I look for from a tank.
    Edited by Dalsinthus on October 31, 2019 3:39PM
    Options
  • xeha_arwen11
    xeha_arwen11
    ✭✭✭✭

These ppl doing 4 digit dps and want tank to attack and do damage, when i tell them i am a tank it is not my job they just kick.

Srsly zos, this dungeon finder is so anti tank. Can we please have a 2 tier que so i get to play with half decent players only?

Spare me some pain, so i don't need to deal with these ppl. I don't see toxic elitist, all i see is entiled potato abuse the system.

80 percent of the time, toxicity comes from end-game players. Max-level or high-level. Elitists. Most toxicity comes from them. I've seen it and had guild members talk to me about it thousands of times.

As you have shown, though, and as I have already stated, toxicity in this game is from everywhere and everyone. There are plenty of toxic new players. There are plenty of toxic players with 5k dps. There are plenty of toxic tanks, healers, and dps.

Toxicity in this game is rampant. But elitists and max level or high-level end-game players make up the majority by far. The toxicity of high level elitists and end-game PvE or PvP players is disturbing.

Options
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

80 percent of the time, toxicity comes from end-game players. Max-level or high-level. Elitists. Most toxicity comes from them. I've seen it and had guild members talk to me about it thousands of times.

As you have shown, though, and as I have already stated, toxicity in this game is from everywhere and everyone. There are plenty of toxic new players. There are plenty of toxic players with 5k dps. There are plenty of toxic tanks, healers, and dps.

Toxicity in this game is rampant. But elitists and max level or high-level end-game players make up the majority by far. The toxicity of high level elitists and end-game PvE or PvP players is disturbing

It's not "toxicity" just because someone refused to carry you.
    Options
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tount once 15 seconds ?

I am sure crag vets is something to brag about XD.
    I have cleared all the dlc hm vet. So I don’t think I need to l2p how to tank basic dungeons.

And it is sad that you still cannot play as a good tank^^

My reference was to Craglorn trials because they are the only one where the tank can actually DPS, if you had any idea of mixed play style you would of know that already.
    Options
  • Ilision
    Ilision
    ✭✭✭
    I don't want to be that guy but the dungeon group is made out of 4 folks, 1x tank 1x heals and 2x deeps. Between us all, we make up a 100% DPS during a fight. We are all sharing it even though the deeps supposed to be doing most of it and heals, for example, should not do any at all.

When I join a dungeon all I expect from the tank is to tank and from the heals is to heal. Unlike your situation, I am sick and tired of the heals that do not do [snip]. Why the frack should I spend extra time and effort healing myself (more than usual) during a boss fight. and you know at the end of the fight some healers would say crap like well this took a while. STFU please, if not for you I would have managed my actual DPS and not worry about surviving.

I swear this is why MMOs are introducing stupid things like gear item levels to make sure that people in the group actually know what they are doing.

I can understand if the tank was running around like a chicken without it's head causing everyone to die but remember both tank and healers have one job and that is to heal/tank.

I want to thank all the tanks/heals that do a lot more than just their job and still manage to stay on top of it all.

Thank you.

[Edit for minor profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_Bill on October 31, 2019 11:09PM
    Options
  • alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    alainjbrennanb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this happens, the probs is these peeps are to bothered with what others are doing and have add ons to check what others are doing, instead of understanding their role and doing it, just shake it of block them and move on
    Main character dk - Vanikifar whitestrike
    Options
  • L_Nici
    L_Nici
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Those kind of people were rare, but since the WoW Refugees come to ESO the chat really got toxic af in some instances. They bring the toxicity with them...

Just yesterday I got kicked because I was not on Level 50 with my char, that i have over 1000CP didn't matter to them, I runned the first part of the dungeon almost solo (70% of groups DPS Combat metrics, even though I was wearing leveling gear on level 4 and was about 44) and then they kicked me for being a noob.
    Edited by L_Nici on October 31, 2019 5:39PM
    A very special girl

PC|EU
    Options
This discussion has been closed.