The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Let's Discuss Lucky Cat Landing

sueblue
sueblue
✭✭✭✭
For a medium sized house it's fairly large. I really like the courtyard area. The facade, the terraced patio, the fountain, and the view.

The inside is a train wreck. What is up with the walls? All of the cats I have ever known are persnickety and this would not stand. At least pick one subpar material instead of using 2 different horrible textures.

I love medium sized houses because they are usually affordable and force creativity. This will probably be crowns only and it's too big to furnish properly with the item limit.

I mean at least 50 would go to covering the walls.
Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • StabbityDoom
    StabbityDoom
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get why it's crown.
    PC/NA
    EHT zealot
    streamer: http://twitch.tv/stabbitydoom
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s not luck, it’s skill.
  • LaughingGremlin
    LaughingGremlin
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, all the new homes are for crowns only. I’ll look forward to previewing Lucky Cat Landing but that’s where it ends. I have problem paying real money for a virtual home. I’m not attacking anyone who does, its just me. What little crowns I have will go toward a banker or merchant.
    Edited by LaughingGremlin on October 19, 2019 1:31PM
  • bayushi2005
    bayushi2005
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am not much into enclosed space. Never bought Alinor Townhouse, which is of similar type. I kind of can't be bothered with Landing. There's nothing characteristc to it, nothing what stands out. Seen it on PTS some weeks ago, but my bottom is not amused. The best Elsweyr themed house is the Meadow, imho.
  • sueblue
    sueblue
    ✭✭✭✭

Me either.
    I am not much into enclosed space. Never bought Alinor Townhouse, which is of similar type. I kind of can't be bothered with Landing. There's nothing characteristc to it, nothing what stands out. Seen it on PTS some weeks ago, but my bottom is not amused. The best Elsweyr themed house is the Meadow, imho.

The Meadow is almost perfect. That huge rock in the exact center of the land and the color of the water are my only complaints. I love the vistas, the beaches, and that the sun shines during the day.
    Awake/Asleep, I dream.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That should be obvious if you pay attention to their business model.
  • Zypheran
    Zypheran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm just disappointed that ZOS ignored all the feedback on making this a 600 item house :(
    All my housing builds are available on YouTube
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCf3oJ_cxuu01HmWZJZ6KK6g?view_as=subscriber
    I am happy to share the EHT save files for most of my builds.
  • dagrdagaz_5912
    dagrdagaz_5912
    ✭✭✭
    Zypheran wrote: »
    I'm just disappointed that ZOS ignored all the feedback on making this a 600 item house :(

I am saying this from a logic and objective view, not being negative.
    About your furnished PTS example of Lucky Cat.
    Building a fully furnished small house from scratch next to Lucky Cat and advocating for an higher item limit seemed counter productive to me.
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Building a fully furnished small house from scratch next to Lucky Cat and advocating for an higher item limit seemed counter productive to me.

I didn't see people asking for a second smaller house next to Lucky cat, they were trying to explain to ZOS they hasn't met the mark that players are wanting in Medium sized homes with a Large home's item limit so we can properly furnish it.

Lucky cat is slightly larger than a medium home and the outside is a fairly moderate space, and yet it has the item limit of a small home. A good number of players tested being able to decorate it and they weren't able to do it properly on the current item limit and asked for that limit to be increased to 600, which would have been far more appropriate, which is something they did with that snow globe home.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • dagrdagaz_5912
    dagrdagaz_5912
    ✭✭✭
    @Nebthet78, You are missing my point.
    Wich is how many items were used building that extra furnished house.
    Wich instead could have been used for more decorating the house (inside and outside).

As for discussed preferred changes to Lucky Cat, i rather have they really fix those ugly wall textures.
    Edited by dagrdagaz_5912 on October 20, 2019 8:14PM
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it needs to be taken into account when calculating the item limit for a home that players will want to build add on areas and extensions to the existing property as well as furnishing the house and extensions. Maybe this is accounted for already but it doesn't seem like it.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Wich instead could have been used for more decorating the house (inside and outside).

As for discussed preferred changes to Lucky Cat, i rather have they really fix those ugly wall textures.

The interior of the house has a really weird, disjointed layout and the rooms are too small and are too few in number to constitute a decently sized house.

So, a living space extension had to be built to make it feel, at least somewhat, like a proper house.

I, seriously, don't understand how they have gone from the Alinor Townhouse, which is a near-perfect home, which could only really have been made better with a basement, windows on the ground floor and a 700 limit, to this?

Especially when they have made Elsweyr inns and so on that are far more like proper houses.
    Edited by Tigerseye on October 21, 2019 2:47PM
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The Meadow is gorgeous, but I think, if you're not really into enclosed spaces, a house like this was never going to be for you (however well it might have been executed), was it?

It's like me commenting on barren, Coldharbour-type, open spaces - they're just not for me.
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »

The interior of the house has a really weird, disjointed layout and the rooms are too small and are too few in number to constitute a decently sized house.

So, a living space extension had to be built to make it feel, at least somewhat, like a proper house.

I, seriously, don't understand how they have gone from the Alinor Townhouse, which is a near-perfect home, which could only really have been made better with a basement, windows on the ground floor and a 700 limit, to this?

Especially when they have made Elsweyr inns and so on that are far more like proper houses.

This is what I thought as well while I was looking at it. An extremely odd layout that eats up what could have been actual workable housing space in the upstairs area where you go to the back room. They could have made it a third smaller room. I know a few people, including myself who would have been eager to make that into an actual washroom or something else giving the area an actual ensuite feeling while still incorporating the layout. But all that room is eaten up by bad design.

While I was on the PTS I actually found the perfect Medium house for my style in Senchel. It's Auberic Dufont's Residence. You don't have to break into it.. This is what I would have preferred to receive as a medium/large home and then either take out the basement and give a nice sized yard. Keep both or slightly smaller yard but keep basement. Either way, there is a lot that could be done here with a 700 slot limit.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »

That should be obvious if you pay attention to their business model.

I'd buy Lucky Cat (and therefore more furnishings like plants) if it were gold.

But hey, ZOS uses the Bethesda monetization model, which doesn't seem to care about player feedback.
  • Dojohoda
    Dojohoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I won't buy Lucky Cat because clorox hasn't been invented yet.
    Fan of playing magblade since 2015. (PC NA)
    Might be joking in comments.
    -->(((Cyrodiil)))<--
  • LaughingGremlin
    LaughingGremlin
    ✭✭✭
    Dojohoda wrote: »
    I won't buy Lucky Cat because clorox hasn't been invented yet.

I bet Clorox will cost us 5000 crowns.
  • bayushi2005
    bayushi2005
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »

The Meadow is gorgeous, but I think, if you're not really into enclosed spaces, a house like this was never going to be for you (however well it might have been executed), was it?

It's like me commenting on barren, Coldharbour-type, open spaces - they're just not for me.

Yes and no. Even if I am not much into it, there are some enclosed spaces I enjoy (Linchal interior, Lakemire Xanmeer, Tel Galen) as they have some distinct qualities which I can later employ for my build. I don't see anything "wow" in Alinor Townhouse or Lucky Cat.

Actually "flat slabs" make a minority of my builds ;) so no, it is not the same...
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whelp, seems like Lucky Cat furnished is the only place you can buy "Parcels, Wrapped" right now...

EDIT: I stand corrected. Also included in Craglorn pack and Alinor townhouse
    Edited by Sporvan on October 21, 2019 9:05PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nebthet78 wrote: »

I didn't see people asking for a second smaller house next to Lucky cat, they were trying to explain to ZOS they hasn't met the mark that players are wanting in Medium sized homes with a Large home's item limit so we can properly furnish it.

Lucky cat is slightly larger than a medium home and the outside is a fairly moderate space, and yet it has the item limit of a small home. A good number of players tested being able to decorate it and they weren't able to do it properly on the current item limit and asked for that limit to be increased to 600, which would have been far more appropriate, which is something they did with that snow globe home.

My spouse measured Lucky Cat and Velothi Reverie and found that Lucky Cat is only slightly larger than Velothi Reverie. It was also substantially smaller than Alinor Crest, so it does fit into the medium category in terms of size. It does not, however, have a small home item limit (which is 100/200), but rather a medium home item limit (200/400).

There's a problem with ZOS' house categories, in that there can be a wide variety of sizes within each category. Those on the small end are easily decorated within the limit, but as you get to the upper end, it becomes increasingly difficult. Lucky Cat is really pushing the limit on the medium house size. (It's possible Mournoth might be larger, but it's exterior is a lot harder to measure.) ZOS has taken house size into account when pricing homes, so that houses at the small end are cheaper (both gold and crown), while those on the upper end are more expensive. But, they all get the same item limit.

I agree that this home should have been given 600 slots - make it an outlier like the Snow Globe home, which, while potentially larger than Lucky Cat, seems to be quite small for a large home. It was priced accordingly at 4200 crowns unfurnished, which reflected it's size, but got 600 slots to work with. I do think they could/should have done the same with Lucky Cat (and Frostvault for that matter). CS-only homes could be exempt from the usual category item limits and just get 600 slots automatically, or maybe a new item limit of 250/500, which someone else suggested in the PTS feedback thread.
    Sporvan wrote: »
    Whelp, seems like Lucky Cat furnished is the only place you can buy "Parcels, Wrapped" right now...

Aren't those the same as the ones that come with Alinor Crest furnished? I thought they looked the same when I was previewing on PTS, but I might be mistaken.
  • MrGhosty
    MrGhosty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm very disappointed that this house wasn't also available for gold, it's a nice location and I really liked the whole look of the place.

I've made peace with the fact that most of the houses going forward are looking to make the most of monetization, and I applaud zos for finally adding another crown offering that wasn't seriously expensive, but not giving some options here to buy with gold, even if very expensive was a serious bummer.

"It is a time of strife and unrest. Armies of revenants and dark spirits manifest in every corner of Tamriel. Winters grow colder and crops fail. Mystics are plagued by nightmares and portents of doom."
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does it still have 400 slots? :(
    I'm contemplating buying it, I love khajiiti architecture and even its decrepit look could work for one of my ideas. But with 400 slots, I'm not sure if I can decorate it.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went to have a look at Lucky Cat Landing in person, now that it’s live. The outside looks great — love the fountains, the gazebo and the view! :) Now the interior of the house... I’ve been going back and forth between it and The Sugar Bowl in Rimmen. I think the wall textures are actually the same, but the ambient lighting or something else makes the grunge standout more, especially if you’re viewing LCL unfurnished. The windows are definitely a problem for me. I love the windows of the Sugar Bowl Suite and these are the same used in most of the Sugar Bowl inn. There is one smaller grungier version of the window in one corner of the inn and unfortunately, it is this version that is used throughout LCL (except for two of the windows in the red room which seem to be the only ones letting in decent lighting). The furnished option does include some nice pieces.

TL;DR
    Pros
    - Outdoor area is nicely laid out and includes fountains and a gazebo.
    - Great views!
    - Furnished option includes nice pieces.

Cons
    - Small dingy windows.
    - The textures in several places are jarring, including some outside (the lion statues) but especially the walls inside appear too low res or contrasty, making imperfections stand out more and tending to clash with furnishings.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on October 30, 2019 6:44AM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does it still have 400 slots? :(
    I'm contemplating buying it, I love khajiiti architecture and even its decrepit look could work for one of my ideas. But with 400 slots, I'm not sure if I can decorate it.

It does still have just 400 slots. I'm still going to buy it when it comes out on console even so, as I've worked within that limit on some other rather large medium homes. Definitely doable, but sacrifices will have to be made. I'm also not a builder, so I don't use up any slots that way, but for builders, esp. with the great outdoor space, 400 slots is pretty small.

Erin summarized pretty well the pros/cons of this home. But I'll add one of my own - price. While it's still a crown price, it better fits my budget and I hope a lot of other players, too. Much more so than any of the notables. I really hope that we see more medium, and even small homes or large homes, in the future and not just the giant monstrosities.

ETA: I'd also like to see some of the new homes available for gold.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on October 22, 2019 5:39PM
  • LaughingGremlin
    LaughingGremlin
    ✭✭✭
    I finally got to preview Lucky Cat Landing, and the thing that bothered me was the low ceiling on the first floor; It feels claustrophobic. I wish the ceiling was as high as Mournoth keep or the 2nd floor bed room of Lucky Cat Landing.
    Edited by LaughingGremlin on October 22, 2019 10:02PM
  • Goregrinder
    Goregrinder
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Probably for the same reason other houses cost crowns.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The outside courtyard looks great and you can do a lot with it. However the inside is just put together wrong. That and the item limit made me decide to pass on this house.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Nevaee
    Nevaee
    ✭✭
    Size does not realy matter when you can't place more as the usual amount of items.
    Edited by Nevaee on October 24, 2019 6:53PM
    In Game EU Guild (German): Grollwerk