The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

[Oct-13 Daily Reward Ancient Dragon body marks] Does it look funny to anyone else?

Dusk_Coven
Dusk_Coven
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Edited by Dusk_Coven on October 14, 2019 1:32AM
  • StopDropAndBear
    StopDropAndBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've tried it on multiple different races and skin tones and it looks crappy and splotchy on all of them.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WTB quality control at ZO$ for ESO please!

EDIT: WTB...just not with crowns, please.
    Edited by Raideen on October 14, 2019 8:17PM
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno It boggles the mind that it looks fine on the right arm but is splotchy on the left arm in the same place.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I don't like that new tattoo previews are done on vampire manequins - it's very disappointing to see that they look as pale on vampires as all other body paint :/
    But these daily rewards are double disappointment... I saw these "bugs" on preview as soon as October started, but I didn't report them, so I thank you for this thread.

RlIlU2p.jpg

Something is wrong with "glowy" body art in general... I made a screenshot of this senche, with ugly large pale outlines (around the red tattoo lines):

wYWhW3y.jpg

It actually explains why the senche is not black. It has some black fur on it's back because there are less red lines with pale outlines there. But on the front of the body, density of pale outline defects make the fur look grey :/

9qhtwvU.jpg

These pale outlines also turn my black khajiit into grey khajiit:

mTBa5cP.jpg

• Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It’s a free reward so I don’t know why we’d expect anything that actually got more than a single glance, much less a polish check.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »
    It’s a free reward so I don’t know why we’d expect anything that actually got more than a single glance, much less a polish check.

If they keep giving us half-assed or screwed-up items for free in Daily Rewards... then I hope they mess up a house next.
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Collectible login rewards used to be much better... :o For example, cool Glowgill Guar mount. Haunted House Cat pet is very cute and well done. Bardic Tavern-Singer's Dress is nice and dyes well. Mara's Spring Chicken pet is awesome :)
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all,

It appears that some Ambient Occlusion settings are interfering with how the body markings appear. We are working on a fix for this in a future update, but if you temporarily turn off Ambient Occlusion then it should fix the issue.
    Staff Post
  • Leocaran
    Leocaran
    ✭✭✭
    Dusk_Coven wrote: »
    If they keep giving us half-assed or screwed-up items for free in Daily Rewards... then I hope they mess up a house next.
    Ehm. Do they really have at least one house without some visible problems? O_o
  • bodge2372
    bodge2372
    ✭✭✭
    I posted about this in general forum. Also happens with the glowy yellow Meridian one but only round the edges of the tattoo. Yet I have absolutely no problems with the Psijic one. Work that one out....
  • Jusey1
    Jusey1
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want to wear it on my main but it changes my scales from the awesome look to default... Why hasn't Zenimax fixed this? I remember this being a problem back in 2017 when I was last playing this game a lot. Can't wear any of the cosmetics on some of my Argonians due to losing the scale pattern I am using. My other Argonians uses default so they do wear body patterns and what not.
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey all,

It appears that some Ambient Occlusion settings are interfering with how the body markings appear. We are working on a fix for this in a future update, but if you temporarily turn off Ambient Occlusion then it should fix the issue.

While you are at it, maybe you can finally fix body markings on vampires.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey all,

Still not fixed and Feb-6 Dragon Mark reward also shows the same problem.