The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

NB bow travel

• ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casterial wrote: »
    ThePedge wrote: »
    ThePedge wrote: »
    One-shot? Need 5 light attacks first.

If you fail to react to 5 light attacks and then the bow you deserve to be "one shot"

You clearly don't PVP
    kind_hero wrote: »
    To the OP which has a slightly elitist attitude:

1)

Please read all of the post, /thread a while back.
    But, about bow being useless, it never was. Maybe to players with weaker bows, or you'd just throw it whenever it was up

Also, don't forget 1v1 is how you can judge class balance against other classes. Zergijg, or open lag(Cyrodiil) will always be another variable to come, but in Cyrodiil changing now speed for xvx still is almost irrelevant when you'll be more than likely spamming aoes.

For PVE I could see this being a great change, for PVP it allows NBs to have an execute without an execute now at close range.

About balance, it's been clear the devs balance in awful ways. Giving it a chance, it's not too bad, but up close it's pretty much undodgable. And after 5+min fights even in 2v1, 1v1, you'll still ultimately get hit by at least 1-3 10k+bows.

Stamblade needed a buff not magblade. In this sense they buffed a skill they've been dumping NB power into, why not disperse the power back into their skills. They now rely on a few class skills for that damage. .
    For example, stamplar only has 2 damage class skills, it's about the same for Stamblade now

Ok you are a troll. Magblade is weak AF, and I PvP almost exclusively.

It's weak in terms of group play, but magblade on PTS is pretty damn good, especially in 1v1. It could also be not the magmagblade itself, but HOTs being OP and keeping them alive through the smallest crap.

I doubt you read everything, just came to say one line.

There's a reason on PTS you find more magblades and magsorcs than any other class

MagSorcs are probably the most common class in the game.

Imo 1v1 isn't a good indicator of usefulness. Dark Cloak and Rapid Regen are good HoTs, has mark and refreshing path too. So they can be tanky for duels, but in actual PvP situations where your going to be mobile they can't keep up.

Their burst is very telegraphed, Fear, Soul Harvest, Bow proc. In some order. Makes it easy to dodge, especially with Ult cast time and bow travel time which may have been fixed.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's a welcomed changed after gutting the skill completely maybe it will find again spot on the bars.

But cast times are much worse. I'd prefer to make it instant cast and delayed by 0,5s if this is needed. Cast time is clunky and unintuitive, when you animation cancel all the skills you do it for ult also which leads to situations where you just cancel it totally. This is really terrible way of "solving problems".
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    Are you playing like Summerset patch or something? Any way to play on the same servers as you do?

Sorry, does your bow tickle? Build better. People think Mag and StamNBs aren't good, but they are. Build for your class.

They aren't good compare to how they were 2 years ago...
  • Firebrand10
    Firebrand10
    ✭✭✭
    This is a step in the right direction. Now we just need to remove the cast time on incap and MagNB might actually be a tiny bit viable again in PVP.
    Edited by Firebrand10 on October 17, 2019 3:41PM
  • Victor_Blade
    Victor_Blade
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lmao all they did was fix the damn skill and everyone is crying about it? It's still slower than necro skull (slowest spammable) so there is counterplay options. Tards will complain about everything tbh. Counters to cloak, cast time on death stroke, travel time on merciless, loss of minor berserk, loss of minor vitality, sustain nerfs with siphoning and they still complain.

Op take a break or get good with the class you're playing. Grim focus wasn't buffed, it just got fixed. You just won't be able to stand stupid after a stun for a sec, break free and dodge roll the bow. You have to react faster now. It's not like it has no travel time at all. It still has a projectile travel time and the minimum travel time at point black range is still close to 270ms. Get gud. Some people exist just to annoy others just cos they're slow smh.
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lmao all they did was fix the damn skill and everyone is crying about it? It's still slower than necro skull (slowest spammable) so there is counterplay options. Tards will complain about everything tbh. Counters to cloak, cast time on death stroke, travel time on merciless, loss of minor berserk, loss of minor vitality, sustain nerfs with siphoning and they still complain.

Op take a break or get good with the class you're playing. Grim focus wasn't buffed, it just got fixed. You just won't be able to stand stupid after a stun for a sec, break free and dodge roll the bow. You have to react faster now. It's not like it has no travel time at all. It still has a projectile travel time and the minimum travel time at point black range is still close to 270ms. Get gud. Some people exist just to annoy others just cos they're slow smh.

Tested it on PTS a nb up close now is undodgable and even the NB agreed the sound up close is utterly useless because it has no time to react.

I cried originally because I know some NBs who can hit easily 12k+ with it. Actually quite a few.

It's fine as is, but as I said previously stop fixing or buffing this skill and add power into their other skills that are useless
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is a step in the right direction. Now we just need to remove the cast time on incap and MagNB might actually be a tiny bit viable again in PVP.

It's viable on 1v1, 1v2, almost 1v3 it's not viable for groups though.
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Tested it on PTS a nb up close now is undodgable and even the NB agreed the sound up close is utterly useless because it has no time to react.

I cried originally because I know some NBs who can hit easily 12k+ with it. Actually quite a few.

It's fine as is, but as I said previously stop fixing or buffing this skill and add power into their other skills that are useless

As the way it should be, if I'm in melee range and have a bow drawn back and let go right at your stomach, think you're gonna react? Same way you shouldn't cry when you 6m from the sorc and take a frag to the face. Mercy has slow travel speed already. And this is them reverting a change they made like 3 patches ago and has sucked ever since
    Edited by GhostofDatthaw on October 17, 2019 7:26PM
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    It's a welcomed changed after gutting the skill completely maybe it will find again spot on the bars.

But cast times are much worse. I'd prefer to make it instant cast and delayed by 0,5s if this is needed. Cast time is clunky and unintuitive, when you animation cancel all the skills you do it for ult also which leads to situations where you just cancel it totally. This is really terrible way of "solving problems".

No I agree, cast times might be the biggest issue in the combat right now
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As the way it should be, if I'm in melee range and have a bow drawn back and let go right at your stomach, think you're gonna react? It has slow travel speed already. And this is them reverting a change they made like 3 patches ago and has sucked ever since

It's never sucked though, eventually you're guaranteed to land it. While it's easy to counterplay now it's almost same next patch. It's just the melee range that really changed.

The skill itself doesn't "suck" as bad as forums make it seem, there's a reason why top tier blades still use it.
    Edited by Casterial on October 17, 2019 7:29PM
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The delay between cast and hit at point blank is exactly 503ms
    Considering you are at 50ms ping
    That would be around 453ms delay

But now it'll properly be about half of that as was always intended
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Casterial
    You seem to talk up your so called build but yet you've failed in showing this 30k resistance as well as it's 7.7 k damage all mixed into one build so would you like to screenshot it and show that or can we just call it *** like it is you can't have one with the other
  • Nordic__Knights
    Nordic__Knights
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    9eu0aa0sfykp.jpg
    @Casterial
    I build for resistance instead of damage that's how I know you can't do the same and have so much damage as well
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Casterial
    You seem to talk up your so called build but yet you've failed in showing this 30k resistance as well as it's 7.7 k damage all mixed into one build so would you like to screenshot it and show that or can we just call it *** like it is you can't have one with the other

Its called being a Templar, Rune gives us 50% more resistance standing it. As I said, "Buffed."

And i'm talking fully procd.

Full Proc: ~7.5-7.7k wep dmg, fully procd defense ~32k, before blood spawn ~26k. Pen ~4-26k(Onslaught)
    Stam: 35k
    Edited by Casterial on October 17, 2019 11:43PM
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • Langeston
    Langeston
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Casterial said:
    <snip>
    Stamblade needed a buff not magblade.
    <snip>

This is how I know you don't know much about Nightblades in general, and that you know practically nothing about Magblades specifically. This is not just patently false, it is the complete opposite of reality.

It never ceases to amaze me how the people playing top-tier classes still whine about other [weaker] classes getting buffed — people like you are the reason why NBs are in the garbage state they're in right now. Do you think this change will make NBs better than Templars all of the sudden or something?? LMAO. Don't worry, your class will still be OP. God forbid you should have to die once in a while.
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Langeston wrote: »
    @Casterial said:
    <snip>
    <snip>

This is how I know you don't know much about Nightblades in general, and that you know practically nothing about Magblades specifically. This is not just patently false, it is the complete opposite of reality.

It never ceases to amaze me how the people playing top-tier classes still whine about other [weaker] classes getting buffed — people like you are the reason why NBs are in the garbage state they're in right now. Do you think this change will make NBs better than Templars all of the sudden or something?? LMAO. Don't worry, your class will still be OP. God forbid you should have to die once in a while.

My main thought is, they keep gutting the class but dumping power where its not really needed, other skills could use a better buff. Especially in U24 where Stamblades are in a tough spot.
    Edited by Casterial on October 18, 2019 1:22AM
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • Blackleopardex
    Blackleopardex
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Casterial said:
    <snip>
    <snip>

Thx for taking the time, was to lazy to write this.
    6 NB: Tank, Healer, Mag/Stam PVE&PVP.
    I don't read long signatures: https://www.youtube.com/user/Blackleopardex
  • universal_wrath
    universal_wrath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would rather be hit with nightblade bow every 10 secs, more or less, than being hit with frag every 2-3 secs.

That aside, i thought back lash is the hardest hitting skill in the game.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Casterial

Go hop on a magnb on live, actually play it. Then come back with a more informed opinion on a small class change. One that you admit you don't even play.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As the way it should be, if I'm in melee range and have a bow drawn back and let go right at your stomach, think you're gonna react? It has slow travel speed already. And this is them reverting a change they made like 3 patches ago and has sucked ever since

It's never sucked though, eventually you're guaranteed to land it. While it's easy to counterplay now it's almost same next patch. It's just the melee range that really changed.

The skill itself doesn't "suck" as bad as forums make it seem, there's a reason why top tier blades still use it.

And when you say stuff like this yeah bound to land one that takes 5 seconds to build, on live you do not land them often unless your opponent is braindead of messed up. I land probably 25% of my bows so essentially I have a decent burst opportunity every 20 seconds if I have my ult up and if I am able to hit them while stunned which now with, cast time on ult, then min travel on bow, just does not land.

You really argue things you don't understand I don't come to stamplar threads and complain about buffs because I don't play them
  • Szende
    Szende
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe stupid and late idea, but can be the silence on Incap a bit longer, beacuse of cast time? Like... dunno 5 sec?
    PC-EU
    Kyra Leith - PvP Stamina Nightblade
  • Chelo
    Chelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Casterial said:
    <snip>
    <snip>

Thx for writing this... This thread is a total joke...
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    o4DCEcm.png

dont spread fake news brah, that's too exaggerated
    edit for my comment:
    remember when it has 400ms in the first change?
    with hysteria or incap stun(now gone PepeHands) it never land.
    in live it has 250ms iirc, still suck.
    compared with frag at 10m, frag far harder to react
    Edited by evoniee on October 19, 2019 2:20PM
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    evoniee wrote: »
    susmitds wrote: »
    o4DCEcm.png

dont spread fake news brah, that's too exaggerated

@evoniee Not actually, it is on a 8k+ wep damage pure glass cannon build, with tons of CP in mighty and master-at-arms as well as few timed bonuses active like Minor Berserk. It is the best case scenario for that tooltip. I think I have a build video coming next week. That doesn't make Relentless Focus OP though, with that high stats, everything hits like a truck, my Dizzying tooltip is 28k.
  • Apxac
    Apxac
    ✭✭✭
    The only burst damage from the NB, by itself other players began to cry. The sorcerer is all the same with the fragments, so why are you crying? It has become more convenient in pve content, in pvp it is not the greatest improvement. A sorcerer in practice can produce much more damage in pvp and is much more convenient. The NB is currently one of the weakest classes, so why does seething s_h_i_t at all?
  • Blackleopardex
    Blackleopardex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bow-proc just hit someone on live:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B1GoJk7BKd4
    Edited by Blackleopardex on October 19, 2019 4:52PM
    6 NB: Tank, Healer, Mag/Stam PVE&PVP.
    I don't read long signatures: https://www.youtube.com/user/Blackleopardex
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL :D:D:D:D so accurate :D
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Yoku
    Yoku
    ✭✭✭

LOVE THAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT SOOOOOOOOOOO TRUEEEEEEEEEE