The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

NB bow travel

• Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point the buffs magblade got was more then expected, I'll take them and run...

We know the true power this gives hehe. *poofs*
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Casterial wrote: »
    So once I proved OP wrong he doesnt answer me and goes on ranting and ridiculing himself... Oh boy...

Sorry, you're still here.

If you can see, the answer was provided and the post was changed. If you can read, the answer was also provided.

Talking about velocity, how much did it change since it's initial / minimum could potentially be gone. So now is now almost as fast as crushing shock?

Speedwise, it is slightly slower than Necro skulls on PTS. Which is one of the slowest spammables, that should say something.
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magplars buffed, no one bats an eyelash

Nightblade "buff" (if you can call it that), all-hands-on-deck 5-alarm fire CALL THE NERF PATROL.
  • Pijng
    Pijng
    ✭✭✭
    OP asked for thread close soo... Yep
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heatnix90 wrote: »
    Magplars buffed, no one bats an eyelash

Nightblade "buff" (if you can call it that), all-hands-on-deck 5-alarm fire CALL THE NERF PATROL.

We all batted an eye
    Pijng wrote: »
    OP asked for thread close soo... Yep

Yup my question was answered :)
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
    For the Daggerfall Covenant
    The Last Chillrend Empress
    Animation Cancelling
  • NTC150
    NTC150
    Royaji wrote: »
    A little bit of reading comprehension can do you wonders. You should really consider that idea.

"Removed the minimum travel time of the bow proc from these abilities since they are slower than other projectiles, such as Crystal Fragments or Snipe."

when was this? in what patch notes cause i didn't see it.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Blackleopardex
    Blackleopardex
    ✭✭✭✭
    Araxleon wrote: »
    At this point the buffs magblade got was more then expected, I'll take them and run...

Shhh :o
    6 NB: Tank, Healer, Mag/Stam PVE&PVP.
    I don't read long signatures: https://www.youtube.com/user/Blackleopardex
  • NTC150
    NTC150
    Royaji wrote: »

thank you didn't know natch potes were out
  • Araxleon
    Araxleon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Araxleon wrote: »

Shhh :o

May the sins of the unworthy be baptized in blood and fear.
  • Zelos
    Zelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Get good nerds, get ready for one shots:)
    Aeonhack - AD Stamina Nightblade - 5 Star General

CP1200

Creator and user of "Questionable" addons and game mechanics.
  • Dr_Ganknstein
    Dr_Ganknstein
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP is not good at game and should be put in jail.
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thaaank god. About time they made a logical change to nightblade man. The minimum duration speed lowered skill ceiling so much for scrub players who could anticipate and counter. The sound is already bad enough and it’s super telegraphed. Great change.
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the minimum travel time. Basically mass hysteria into bow proc is a reliable hit now. Much needed imo! We were the only class who didnt have a reliable way to put in damage with everything being dodgeable and all. Now it's still dodgeable, but when combo'd right, it's almost a sure hit.

IMO even without this change though, magblades were already in a good spot in PVP. Now i fear that a lot more people are going to be magblades and discover how solid a class it is lol
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • Sahidom
    Sahidom
    ✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Are you ducking serious?

I am serious, I'm sorry but this skill is beyond OP as is, it's counterplay was the sound. Now, if this change is talking about the initial travel and not the total, then it's fine. If it's the overall it's time for the bow to get a major damage nerf.

Build right, see how good it is.

I have 30k+ phy/spell resis, 2.8k crit resis and I get hit for 10-14k by some NBs.

Actually. In a CP environment and NB often need penetration stacking to counter tank-y builds. You will often find you're resistances knocked down to closer around 12-15k.
  • Heresyall
    Heresyall
    ✭✭✭✭
    ^^
    Edited by Heresyall on October 16, 2019 8:07AM
    -Heresya EP MagNB/AR 50
    -Hȩresya EP MagNB/AR 50
    -Lonely Player EP MagNB/AR 50
    -The Godblade DC MagNB/ AR 50
    -Useless Class EP MagNB/AR 50
    -Crippled Class AD MagNB/AR 50
    -The Serpent EP MagNB/ AR 50
    -Harrowing Reaper EP MagNB / AR 50
    -Lord Herrington EP MagDK/AR 47
    -Mind Terror EP MagNecro/AR 35
    [center
    -Soul Siphoner EP MagNB/AR 38
  • NightAngel690
    NightAngel690
    ✭✭✭
    From a nb perspective, this is a good change. I’ve missed out on killing people because of the travel time allowed it to be easily dodged. From another class perspective, this is going to suck! 😂
  • Weisstag
    Weisstag
    ✭✭✭
    oh okay I just noticed you edited it 👍
    but still, don't you make nb nerf threads, that class underperforms in pvp big time, that's why it's only class I don't play
    btw this was a very rude comment before edit lol
    Edited by Weisstag on October 16, 2019 9:34AM
    Iam an EU player...so Iam pretty used to suffering
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One-shot? Need 5 light attacks first.

If you fail to react to 5 light attacks and then the bow you deserve to be "one shot"
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nb needs this our burst was to easily dodge and it’s crazy how anyone could be upset when templars are meta right now lol.
    Edited by Deathlord92 on October 16, 2019 9:42AM
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the OP which has a slightly elitist attitude:

1) this game is not centered around your little 1v1 or pvp scenario. This was a much needed change, and if this brings extra challenge to your pvp experience it is for the better. On these forums I keep seeing the same type of players asking for nerfs or feeling entitled to get counters for everything, so they can have their wins easy. Grow up. Many games have classes which have advantages over others, this makes classes stand out, but also this creates opportunities for other classes to develop counters or strategies. I remember playing other games and playing a class in pvp I feared a certain class more than others. Many people have stated on these forums that they don't like making classes the same, trying to counter this futile attempt to balance classes who have to fulfill 3 distinct roles, but also to function well in PvP.

2) this skill requires a x5 LA, so unless the player has that proc ready from an other fight, there is going to be a lot of action before the nb will have the chance to fire the bow at you. What are you doing in that time? Posting on the forums? I play a NB and in PvP the bow proc was the most useless dd skill I had after they changed how it works. Everyone, even the low CP low ranked players dodged the merciless arrow. So what do you want? Other classes to have dumb skills so you can faceroll the fights? I don't mind other classes having strong skills, while I have my own strong toolkit to counter or to riposte.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • darkblue5
    darkblue5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe someday ulti cast times will be removed 2...
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ThePedge wrote: »

If you fail to react to 5 light attacks and then the bow you deserve to be "one shot"

You clearly don't PVP
    kind_hero wrote: »

1)

Please read all of the post, /thread a while back.
    But, about bow being useless, it never was. Maybe to players with weaker bows, or you'd just throw it whenever it was up

Also, don't forget 1v1 is how you can judge class balance against other classes. Zergijg, or open lag(Cyrodiil) will always be another variable to come, but in Cyrodiil changing now speed for xvx still is almost irrelevant when you'll be more than likely spamming aoes.

For PVE I could see this being a great change, for PVP it allows NBs to have an execute without an execute now at close range.

About balance, it's been clear the devs balance in awful ways. Giving it a chance, it's not too bad, but up close it's pretty much undodgable. And after 5+min fights even in 2v1, 1v1, you'll still ultimately get hit by at least 1-3 10k+bows.

Stamblade needed a buff not magblade. In this sense they buffed a skill they've been dumping NB power into, why not disperse the power back into their skills. They now rely on a few class skills for that damage. .
    For example, stamplar only has 2 damage class skills, it's about the same for Stamblade now

Edited by Casterial on October 16, 2019 1:59PM
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nb needs this our burst was to easily dodge and it’s crazy how anyone could be upset when templars are meta right now lol.

Because in PTS they aren't, magblade and Sorc is
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From a nb perspective, this is a good change. I’ve missed out on killing people because of the travel time allowed it to be easily dodged. From another class perspective, this is going to suck! 😂

Exactly this, /thread again.
    Weisstag wrote: »
    oh okay I just noticed you edited it 👍
    but still, don't you make nb nerf threads, that class underperforms in pvp big time, that's why it's only class I don't play
    btw this was a very rude comment before edit lol

And because there's a lot of underperforming classes, but ZOS isn't helping them. For example, stamblade is in a bad state, why not help the class utility and reallocate power elsewhere, not the dumb bow to make all playstyles for the class viable again.
    Edited by Casterial on October 16, 2019 1:56PM
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You clearly don't PVP

1)

But, about bow being useless, it never was. Maybe to players with weaker bows, or you'd just throw it whenever it was up

Also, don't forget 1v1 is how you can judge class balance against other classes. Zergijg, or open lag(Cyrodiil) will always be another variable to come, but in Cyrodiil changing now speed for xvx still is almost irrelevant when you'll be more than likely spamming aoes.

For PVE I could see this being a great change, for PVP it allows NBs to have an execute without an execute now at close range.

About balance, it's been clear the devs balance in awful ways. Giving it a chance, it's not too bad, but up close it's pretty much undodgable. And after 5+min fights even in 2v1, 1v1, you'll still ultimately get hit by at least 1-3 10k+bows.

Stamblade needed a buff not magblade. In this sense they buffed a skill they've been dumping NB power into, why not disperse the power back into their skills. They now rely on a few class skills for that damage. .
    For example, stamplar only has 2 damage class skills, it's about the same for Stamblade now

Ok you are a troll. Magblade is weak AF, and I PvP almost exclusively.
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You clearly don't PVP

1)

Ok you are a troll. Magblade is weak AF, and I PvP almost exclusively.

It's weak in terms of group play, but magblade on PTS is pretty damn good, especially in 1v1. It could also be not the magmagblade itself, but HOTs being OP and keeping them alive through the smallest crap.

I doubt you read everything, just came to say one line.

There's a reason on PTS you find more magblades and magsorcs than any other class
    Edited by Casterial on October 16, 2019 2:25PM
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

What buffs? Duration on merciless increased and a *** mechanic removed that was added to make an ability useless is not a buff.

The duration on merciless will mostly help pve, so that merciless will be a dps increase over other abilities, where on live right now it is not.
    Edited by Iskiab on October 16, 2019 2:45PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm fine with the removal of minimum time, nothing wrong with NB's being designated as the 1v1 class. It sucks it was even changed in the first place, we're all gonna be out of practice avoiding it since ZOS made it easy for so long
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lol yes yes yes, let's make skills bland and clunky. This was a change they did like two dlc ago, it had been regular travel time forever.