Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!

NB bow travel

Casterial
Casterial
✭✭✭✭✭
Wait, is this bow instant? Because a properly built NB in PVP can nearly 1 hit.

If this is legit, does that mean you just made of the potentially strongest skills the most deadliest by being almost instant?

I see NBs hit me for 7.5k-15k.

10k being the average.

Edit: okay, bow minimum which means if you're in the face it has almost instant hit like frags.
/ Thread
Note: I'm against this because they've been consolidating the NB power into this skill and not dispersing it to all their other skills.

Also, apologies for the toxicity. But I'm tired of giving them chances
inb4 mad nbs
Edited by Casterial on October 16, 2019 2:12PM
Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
The Order of Magnus
Filthy Faction Hoppers

Combat Is Clunky | Cyordiil Fixes

Kill Counter Developer
For the Daggerfall Covenant
The Last Chillrend Empress
Animation Cancelling
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you ducking serious?
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    susmitds wrote: »
    Are you ducking serious?

I am serious, I'm sorry but this skill is beyond OP as is, it's counterplay was the sound. Now, if this change is talking about the initial travel and not the total, then it's fine. If it's the overall it's time for the bow to get a major damage nerf.

Build right, see how good it is.

I have 30k+ phy/spell resis, 2.8k crit resis and I get hit for 10-14k by some NBs.
    Daggerfall Covenant:Casterial Stamplar || Casterial DK || Availed NB || Castyrial Sorc || Spooky Casterial Necro
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • Potato_Salad
    Potato_Salad
    ✭✭✭
    Jesus christ OP is delusional, L2P

The skill isnt instant cause the ranged nature of the skill causes it to have an almost 300ms delay even when fired from point blank
    Edited by Potato_Salad on October 15, 2019 8:52PM
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭

1v1? I have been playing for a lot longer than most of you.

The skills counterplay is sound que and Dodge roll, if it loses travel time then it's counterplay is block where it can potentially hit you for 3-7k still.

This makes counterplay much harder. Why don't you make your NB good before asking for buffs?
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are you playing like Summerset patch or something? Any way to play on the same servers as you do?
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now, before y'all complain about my post. Read it, is it talking about total, or initial/minimum?
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    Are you playing like Summerset patch or something? Any way to play on the same servers as you do?

Sorry, does your bow tickle? Build better. People think Mag and StamNBs aren't good, but they are. Build for your class.
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • Potato_Salad
    Potato_Salad
    ✭✭✭
    Casterial wrote: »

The skills counterplay is sound que and Dodge roll, if it loses travel time then it's counterplay is block where it can potentially hit you for 3-7k still.

This makes counterplay much harder. Why don't you make your NB good before asking for buffs?

Calm down before I hurt your fragile ego, playtime has nothing to do with how knowledgeable or skilled a player is.
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The skill isnt instant cause the ranged nature of the skill causes it to have an almost 300ms delay even when fired from point blank

There you go, edit the post.

So are we talking about when in the face it no longer has that delay? So fear ->bow->exec?

Minimum delay wasn't needed, but again, if it's overall we have issues.
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A little bit of reading comprehension can do you wonders. You should really consider that idea.

"Removed the minimum travel time of the bow proc from these abilities since they are slower than other projectiles, such as Crystal Fragments or Snipe."

• Potato_Salad
    Potato_Salad
    ✭✭✭

There you go, edit the post.

So are we talking about when in the face it no longer has that delay? So fear ->bow->exec?

Minimum delay wasn't needed, but again, if it's overall we have issues.

It still has a delay cause its a ranged skill with a set velocity, stop ranting and actually test your stuff / learn about the game, youre just ridiculing yourself on this forum.
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They didn't make it "instant," they just removed the delay they added when they gutted the ability.

The live version was easy for experienced players to avoid, but it still hit the average player more often than not. -So not much of a change.
    The NB doesn't feel as clunky, but they still have cast times on two of their ults- one of which is a defensive ult.....................zos....
  • Vlad9425
    Vlad9425
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    LOL anytime NB gets a buff the forums start crying. Never mind all the Magplars and Stamdens running round Cyrodiil melting people but god forbid the NB gets a small buff...
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    o4DCEcm.png

It should hit hard, this is my tooltip max buffed. I am not investing in damage for no reason. If you can't kill a glass cannon, you are just bad.
    Edited by susmitds on October 15, 2019 9:03PM
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They didn't make it "instant," they just removed the delay they added when they gutted the ability.

The live version was easy for experienced players to avoid, but it still hit the average player more often than not. -So not much of a change.
    The NB doesn't feel as clunky, but they still have cast times on two of their ults- one of which is a defensive ult.....................zos....

All cast times should go.
    Royaji wrote: »
    A little bit of reading comprehension can do you wonders. You should really consider that idea.

"Removed the minimum travel time of the bow proc from these abilities since they are slower than other projectiles, such as Crystal Fragments or Snipe."

Sorry to see a class that wasn't in need of chat buff

Calm down before I hurt your fragile ego, playtime has nothing to do with how knowledgeable or skilled a player is.

Already know that.
    o4DCEcm.png

It should hit hard, this is my tooltip max buffed. I am not investing in damage for no reason. If you can't kill a glass cannon, you are just bad.

I don't think I have any skill with that tooltip and I'm 7.7k wepdmg.
    Vlad9425 wrote: »
    LOL anytime NB gets a buff the forums start crying. Never mind all the Magplars and Stamdens running round Cyrodiil melting people but god forbid the NB gets a small buff...

Stamdens are meh, magplars need a Nerf.

Good call, good looking / thread, prepare for NBs to cry about this post more.
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • FrankonPC
    FrankonPC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time to make a list of skills that hit hard so that we can ban them all. This way nobody dies and we're all gods.
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FrankonPC wrote: »
    Time to make a list of skills that hit hard so that we can ban them all. This way nobody dies and we're all gods.

Put cast times on it all, so we can play WOW on ESO.
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    o4DCEcm.png

Stealth, stealth, stealth- teleport. They might be glass cannons, but they have plenty of escape abilities.

It doesn't help that stealth detection pots are bugged... pop a pot- see the nb- spam abilities and see "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" flood your screen.

*I play a magblade and several other classes- I'm not biased.
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    o4DCEcm.png

Obviously, you don't. Bow proc is supposed to be the hardest hitting thing in the game.

Also, it is not disproportionally high either. My Surprise attack is 20k, my onslaught 36k, my incap 32k.

3nb4ojl.png
  • xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    xenowarrior92eb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    so...1st step when you step in cyrodill...seize all shrooms rations. :trollface:
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a good change, but it's still not enough. Remove the cast times from Ults, give Incap major defile back, change surprise attack so it actually does something if you're not a ganker and stamblades might be decent again.
    Edited by Strider__Roshin on October 15, 2019 9:14PM
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    o4DCEcm.png

Obviously, you don't. Bow proc is supposed to be the hardest hitting thing in the game.

Also, it is not disproportionally high either. My Surprise attack is 20k, my onslaught 36k, my incap 32k.

3nb4ojl.png

I'm not NB not am I built for direct dmg.
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    o4DCEcm.png

Stealth, stealth, stealth- teleport. They might be glass cannons, but they have plenty of escape abilities.

It doesn't help that stealth detection pots are bugged... pop a pot- see the nb- spam abilities and see "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" "miss" flood your screen.

*I play a magblade and several other classes- I'm not biased.

Agreed, people complain Jabs is op, but they miss a lot as well.
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so...1st step when you step in cyrodill...seize all shrooms rations. :trollface:

I mean, to play next patch you better be high on shrooms
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • Potato_Salad
    Potato_Salad
    ✭✭✭
    So once I proved OP wrong he doesnt answer me and goes on ranting and ridiculing himself... Oh boy...
  • Casterial
    Casterial
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So once I proved OP wrong he doesnt answer me and goes on ranting and ridiculing himself... Oh boy...

Sorry, you're still here.

If you can see, the answer was provided and the post was changed. If you can read, the answer was also provided.

Talking about velocity, how much did it change since it's initial / minimum could potentially be gone. So now is now almost as fast as crushing shock?
    The Order of Magnus
    Filthy Faction Hoppers

Kill Counter Developer
    Animation Cancelling
  • Nerftheforums
    Nerftheforums
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, you're still here.

If you can see, the answer was provided and the post was changed. If you can read, the answer was also provided.

Talking about velocity, how much did it change since it's initial / minimum could potentially be gone. So now is now almost as fast as crushing shock?

It has the same speed as always, it simply shoots faster and it doesn't take half a second after you pressed the button to go off. They reverted the *** change they added a year ago or something.
  • Blackleopardex
    Blackleopardex
    ✭✭✭✭
    At this point the buffs magblade got was more then expected, I'll take them and run...
    6 NB: Tank, Healer, Mag/Stam PVE&PVP.
    I don't read long signatures: https://www.youtube.com/user/Blackleopardex
  • xBananaFish
    you need 5 light attacks for a bow. (and they have to hit you) . the 40 seconds are fair for pve, they dont play any role in pvp anyway.
  • kalunte
    kalunte
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    did you forget the 5 stacks that are needed before releasing anything?

if you havent build your defenses once the nightblade reaches the proc, you might have done something wrong.

not talking about l2p issue which is rude but well, this isnt a skill that is about to be thrown from stealth right after a snipe.. but more likely during a proper fight after a bit strategical/braindead build time and associated with a proper ult/stun

this will help nb with a more reliable skill (which isnt a luxury..).