Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Bound Armaments doing significantly more sustained damage than Relentless Focus in PTS

• eso_lytw8
    eso_lytw8
    ✭✭✭
    ankeor wrote: »
    Vapirko wrote: »
    Keep in mind NBs have higher DPS than stam sorcs and also grim focus is now a strong defensive skill as well. It’s just different.

It is funny that "bound armaments" has max stam bonus which increases overall dps while "relentless focus" has damage mitigation.
    Such identity, much immersion. WOW!

I pointed this out multiple times in the class identity thread. It goes to show how the development team does not have people on staff that understand class identity. I have begun to realize understanding and creating a class with identity is actually a unique skill and one that they don't have. If they did, they would never have,,,,

removed a nightblade's class defining ASSASSINATE skill's offensive buffs and replaced it with a defensive buff

and

given a sorc skill called BOUND ARMOR two offensive buffs and the same offensive mechanic as a nightblade's class defining skill.

If someone told me to do my best to mess up the classes I don't think I could have come up with such a bad idea if I tired.

I am in no way trying to get sorcs nerfed, when I played the game I played both. I just think the devs have really hurt the classes severely and its looking like the mistakes just continue to pile on.
    < Xbox NA PVE >
  • Celestro
    Celestro
    ✭✭✭
    eso_lytw8 wrote: »
    Keep in mind NBs have higher DPS than stam sorcs and also grim focus is now a strong defensive skill as well. It’s just different.

It is funny that "bound armaments" has max stam bonus which increases overall dps while "relentless focus" has damage mitigation.

I pointed this out multiple times in the class identity thread. It goes to show how the development team does not have people on staff that understand class identity. I have begun to realize understanding and creating a class with identity is actually a unique skill and one that they don't have. If they did, they would never have,,,,

removed a nightblade's class defining ASSASSINATE skill's offensive buffs and replaced it with a defensive buff

and

given a sorc skill called BOUND ARMOR two offensive buffs and the same offensive mechanic as a nightblade's class defining skill.

If someone told me to do my best to mess up the classes I don't think I could have come up with such a bad idea if I tired.

I am in no way trying to get sorcs nerfed, when I played the game I played both. I just think the devs have really hurt the classes severely and its looking like the mistakes just continue to pile on.

Got nothing against the rest of what you said and agree with most except the Bound Armor jab based off the name. That's the base ability name while the morph you're referring to is Bound Armaments, which lends itself to an offensive nature versus Bound Armor and Aegis. The Stamina increase is kind of irrelevant but the light attack damage boost (previously heavy attack damage boost) further emphasize that.

It makes sense the active ability was changed in the way that it was, coupled with requests for creating bound weapons, but the Relentless ripoff, in my eyes, wasn't exactly the best execution of all that.
  • eso_lytw8
    eso_lytw8
    ✭✭✭
    Celestro wrote: »
    eso_lytw8 wrote: »

and

Got nothing against the rest of what you said and agree with most except the Bound Armor jab based off the name. That's the base ability name while the morph you're referring to is Bound Armaments, which lends itself to an offensive nature versus Bound Armor and Aegis. The Stamina increase is kind of irrelevant but the light attack damage boost (previously heavy attack damage boost) further emphasize that.

It makes sense the active ability was changed in the way that it was, coupled with requests for creating bound weapons, but the Relentless ripoff, in my eyes, wasn't exactly the best execution of all that.

This is an extremely good point. Its funny how class feel gets imbedded. I've played mag sorc first and then stam. The skill always felt like an "armor skill" to me, but based on the words armaments maybe the intent is that it is no longer supposed to be just armor but an armament instead. So its looks like an armament is "the arms and equipment with which a military unit or military apparatus is supplied." For a medieval warrior I would say this would be indeed be both the weapons and armor one would use in battle. Feels like giving stamsorcs some form of armor plus a weapon would be more appropriate, but I realize this wouldn't make it the cool thing it is now. I could really see stamsorcs bound armaments skills doing both offense and defense like merciless does and making merciless just offensive. Of course balance the hole thing so overall class DPS is fair, just make it so the dps and defense manifests itself in class appropriate means.
    < Xbox NA PVE >
  • ThePedge
    ThePedge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Praise based @susmitds and his services to NB.
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One class skill can be better than other one in every aspect. ZoS should calculate and decide how strong these skills should be.

PvE vise, boht classes should have similar dps. Skills can be "the better one" and "the worse one" if classes have similar dps.

PvP vise, 1 class should not dominate others. As long as classes are balanced, skills can be at diffewnt power levels.

Last thoughts: No need to push ZoS to homogenise more and NBs need buff. They are weaker than other classes