Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Goutfang Senche-Raht & Pocket Watcher: No

Raltin
Raltin
✭✭✭✭
Generally, I don't complain much regarding micro transactions, but this is a step too far, and I'm taking it upon myself to add my voice to the throng of displeased consumers. The senche-raht costs 100 gems more than an apex mount, that alone can be upwards of nearly $200.00 dollars worth of crates depending on your luck, and something as simple as a daedra model that has been in the game since day one, just downsized, is almost just as expensive. Zenimax Online studios: No. Just. No. Certain houses I can understand, but something as simple as a that aforementioned mini daedra model, and a mount, should not cost upwards of four or five times what a person pays to buy and play the game itself. I have been a regular and loyal customer since buying this game not long after its release; I considered maybe buying a few more crates to get that ebony skin i wanted, I considered buying Wraith-Home when it was going to release, but my tolerance has been pushed too far on this matter. I won't be buying any more new moon crates, and you can count my purchase of Wraith-Home off the table. Clean up your act, marketing team. This is disgusting.
"Proud purveyor of Cyrodiil Pickles."
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Raltin wrote: »
    Generally, I don't complain much regarding micro transactions, but this is a step too far, and I'm taking it upon myself to add my voice to the throng of displeased consumers. The senche-raht costs 100 gems more than an apex mount, that alone can be upwards of nearly $200.00 dollars worth of crates depending on your luck, and something as simple as a daedra model that has been in the game since day one, just downsized, is almost just as expensive. Zenimax Online studios: No. Just. No. Certain houses I can understand, but something as simple as a that aforementioned mini daedra model, and a mount, should not cost upwards of four or five times what a person pays to buy and play the game itself. I have been a regular and loyal customer since buying this game not long after its release; I considered maybe buying a few more crates to get that ebony skin i wanted, I considered buying Wraith-Home when it was going to release, but my tolerance has been pushed too far on this matter. I won't be buying any more new moon crates, and you can count my purchase of Wraith-Home off the table. Clean up your act, marketing team. This is disgusting.

Sad part about it is that there will be plenty of whales who'll buy them,
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm right there beside you. I was completely prepared to open my wallet for these two, despite one simply being a downsized enemy NPC and the other being a reskin of a mount I already own. But I won't be buying them as gem-only, and I definitely won't be buying them as gem-only at such exorbitant prices.

And I'm not a whale (far from it), but ESO is my one single indulgence in a life that's otherwise pretty bleak and pain-ridden, and so I often fall in among those who do spring for the pricier items even when I'm not pleased by the gouging, but these two are definitely a couple of steps too far.
  • Defeatist
    Defeatist
    ✭✭✭
    Was also ready to open my wallet for both the Goutfang and the Watcher but 1. I'm a starving college student and therefore cannot dish out $200 on digital merchandise and 2. The product ZOS is trying to sell simply isn't worth the price thy are selling at regardless of how much I'd like to have them. Neither of these crown store items have shiny particle effects, neither have expanded functionality therefore, my expectation is that digital merchandise mount be available for ~3000 crowns and the pet ~1000. It's against my compass of what's reasonable to purchase these items and my hope is that enough other buyers agree, that ZOS pauses to rethink their model.
    "Even the ducks here are ugly." - Unidentified Wrothgar Patron
    #ChubloonLife
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I had already ruled out getting either of these when I saw that they were gems only.

But, I was expecting 300-400 for the mount and 100 for the pet, but 500 and 300? Wow! Yeah...these are definitely for those who have stockpiled a bunch of gems that ZOS wants to deplete. But, I guess they're also hoping that some players who are close will spring for more crates to get enough gems.

No amount of these gems-only items will get me to buy crates. Heck, the items in the crates aren't enough to get me to buy them, because I'm not willing to spend money for a chance at something I might want and get a bunch of crap I don't.

I'm willing to support the game with direct purchases, not by gambling.
  • CiNNeR
    CiNNeR
    ✭✭✭
    Wow. I really like the pocket watcher and wanted to buy it. With crowns that is. Not spending loads of many to buy crates only for the gems or get lucky.

Really dissappointed.
  • Avariprivateer
    Avariprivateer
    ✭✭✭
    I would have bought both for a decent crown price. 1000 for the Watcher would be in line with the Yahgra. 2000 for the big cat.
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am extremely disappointed. I love both of these items and I know that me personally boycotting these prices won't make a difference but... idk. It is just SO MUCH. Just can't do it.
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • MADGODMARCH
    Raltin wrote: »

Gods I wanted that cat, I was willing to pay a lil for it too.. but this was just crazy!
    The gap in the door... is a separate reality. The only me is me. Are you sure the only you is you?
  • ApostateHobo
    ApostateHobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously these gem exclusive things are just absurd. A few hundred dollars for a single mount or pet is genuinely insane unless you have tons of cash you don't mind dumping on crates. Don't understand why they continue doing this when they're losing out on lots of sales they'd make if these were available for crowns.
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Lex wrote: »
    Sad part about it is that there will be plenty of whales who'll buy them,

True, yesterday in Rimmen I saw my first pocket water, though I haven’t spotted any goutfang mount yet.

I have 500 gems stashed, but these prices are insane and while I understand that everyone is free to spend cash however one feels, I wish people would refrain from buying them to discourage this pricing strategy
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • xeha_arwen11
    xeha_arwen11
    ✭✭✭✭
    Forget it. It's a terrible price.
    Edited by xeha_arwen11 on October 12, 2019 7:57AM
  • LukosCreyden
    LukosCreyden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Personally, I haven't seen a single player with either of these items. So hopefully, that means most people agree that the price is absurd.
    Struggling to find a new class to call home.Please send help.
  • dagrdagaz_5912
    dagrdagaz_5912
    ✭✭✭
    I am not accepting higher prices.

Gem exclusive mount for more than 400, nope
    Gem exclusive pet for more than 100, nope

Crown Store mounts for more than 2000-2500, nope
    Crown Store pets for more than 700, nope

It all boils down to how many buyers accept, or fall for, these higher prices.
    If enough do, it will be the new normal, for a while.
    And then a new higher price will be tested, etc..

P.S. I have seen one person with the new senche-raht mount
    Edited by dagrdagaz_5912 on October 12, 2019 2:50PM
  • Skitamine
    Skitamine
    ✭✭✭
    They should add a "nobility class" in the game XD. Just kidding.
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It is extremely arrogant of ZO$ to presume that the player will not be able to determine the RL cost of these items.

It is INSANE that they are willing to sell a 3D asset for roughly $150-$300 for the pet, and 250-$500 for the mount. Obviously luck varies as some will get more purple gems, some will get less. But that is the average going in.

I am not exactly feeling like I am being treated well as a customer when they would rather sell another shiny for insane mounts of money vs fixing the game, spending more on a better service provider.
  • Uryel
    Uryel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    No amount of these gems-only items will get me to buy crates. Heck, the items in the crates aren't enough to get me to buy them, because I'm not willing to spend money for a chance at something I might want and get a bunch of crap I don't.

I'm willing to support the game with direct purchases, not by gambling.

This.
  • LadySinflower
    LadySinflower
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not just no, but HELL NO! I don't collect mounts but I would have purchased crowns to buy the pocket watcher directly. I'm not going to buy an undetermined amount of crown crates banking on getting valuable enough garbage to trade back in for this. I don't think that my sale is the only one they've missed out on by making it a high-priced-crown-gem item. Please, players, just say no to price-gouging like this.
  • Hymzir
    Hymzir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lot of threads on this topic, so to all of you, who have said no to this insanity: you are not alone. People are not happy at all. The game has issues enough with the mechanics, and lackluster support for various portions of the game (the underwhelming absurdity that is the support the housing community gets for example), and is already inundated with macro transactions to an already ludicrous degree. I mean, I look at the insanity that is the latest COD! It looks almsot reasonable when compared to the nonsense that is ESO.

The fact of te matte is, that they really screwed the pooch with these prices, and people are just not having it. For the price of these two digital non-items, you could get a pretty decent, and fully functional, real life sword, that will retain its value and entertain it's owner long after this mockery of a game has breathed its last gasp.

And I for one, much prefer to throw my disposal income into real life swords, rather than a bunch of pixels I don't even technically own. After all, all these things are just licenses that let you "use" the items for as long as ZOS bothers to keep the service up. And the way things are going, that point might not be all that far in the future...
  • LadyAstrum
    LadyAstrum
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thankfully, I see them as ugly, so you can keep your gem-riddled pixels.
    Edited by LadyAstrum on October 13, 2019 7:20PM
    ~ "You think me brutish? How do you imagine I view you?" - Molag Bal #misunderstood ~
  • logarifmik
    logarifmik
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see it as a lure to spend gems I mastered. But I'll pass, thank you kindly.
    EU PC: @logarifmik | Languages: Русский, English
    Dimitri Frernis | Breton Sorcerer | Damage Dealer | Daggerfall Covenant
    Scales-of-Ice | Argonian Warden | Tank / Healer | Daggerfall Covenant
  • Skitamine
    Skitamine
    ✭✭✭
    One easy way to step down from buying, ask yourself : does the price is worth for a game that won't be around forever ? One day you'll lose everything you purchased, like many MMO before. For my part, I'm paying the sub and stopped to buy crowns.
  • marke1
    marke1
    ✭✭✭
    Skitamine wrote: »
    One easy way to step down from buying, ask yourself : does the price is worth for a game that won't be around forever ? One day you'll lose everything you purchased, like many MMO before. For my part, I'm paying the sub and stopped to buy crowns.

You could also ask yourself how is it different from going to the movies , drinking , smoking or any other activity you pay for that is gone the next day ? At least you would still have the game and your purchases available to enjoy for some time after what about that ?
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    marke1 wrote: »
    Skitamine wrote: »

You could also ask yourself how is it different from going to the movies , drinking , smoking or any other activity you pay for that is gone the next day ? At least you would still have the game and your purchases available to enjoy for some time after what about that ?

Or how about neither and instead get a nice blouse, or a nice leather belt that will last you 100 years (literally). A cool candle holder or two. A new mouse. in the case of the house prices in ESO, someone could buy a nice monitor.

There is literally nothing in the crown store that can measure up to a real world item that will last indefinitely.

I myself saved money over the past year from not playing ESO and bought a set of $4000.00 speakers for my home stereo instead.

You'd be amazed at how fast buying 25 dollar pixel horses and 170 dollar pixel houses and 50 dollar pixel motifs adds up.
  • CeaseSphire
    CeaseSphire
    ✭✭✭
    Many here have made some excellent points already. I 100% agree the amount of gems these two items are going for is absurd for a reskin and a scale down.

When I first saw them I was genuinely surprised to find them NOT available for crown purchase and I feel sorry for those who decided to waste their hard-earned gems on these items regardless if they are whales or not.

Why should anyone have to pay over 200 gems for a reskin or 100 gems for a scaled-down pet or for that matter pay any gems at all? For starters, these are not special enough to exceed apex pricing because most of us can work out these required little overhead cost to produce as they were taken from assets already in-game. The mount's mesh didn't come with a unique saddle or bridle. It has no particle effects.

Second point the release date and overall availability timing are bad. I was hoping the mount and pet would still be available for purchase during the release of the Hollowjack Crown Crates and Reaper’s Harvest Crown Crates but no...

This... this is the dumb elk all over again-a cash/gem grab. I myself would have been willing to happily pay crowns: 2k to 3k for the mount and 1k for the pet. I don't know who crunched the numbers but no matter the outcome of gems vs crowns sales this gem grab is only tarnishing your image and in turn hurting your future sales because...

I have no problems waiting years for this to be dropped down to a reasonable price now.
    I have no problems never getting this at all.
    I have no problems reducing my crown purchase budget to vote with my wallet.

That's a loss of around 4k in crowns from one customer on two sales and that's on your marketing team.
    Sure I'm a grain of sand but even sand adds up.
  • Raltin
    Raltin
    ✭✭✭✭
    Many here have made some excellent points already. I 100% agree the amount of gems these two items are going for is absurd for a reskin and a scale down.

When I first saw them I was genuinely surprised to find them NOT available for crown purchase and I feel sorry for those who decided to waste their hard-earned gems on these items regardless if they are whales or not.

Why should anyone have to pay over 200 gems for a reskin or 100 gems for a scaled-down pet or for that matter pay any gems at all? For starters, these are not special enough to exceed apex pricing because most of us can work out these required little overhead cost to produce as they were taken from assets already in-game. The mount's mesh didn't come with a unique saddle or bridle. It has no particle effects.

Second point the release date and overall availability timing are bad. I was hoping the mount and pet would still be available for purchase during the release of the Hollowjack Crown Crates and Reaper’s Harvest Crown Crates but no...

This... this is the dumb elk all over again-a cash/gem grab. I myself would have been willing to happily pay crowns: 2k to 3k for the mount and 1k for the pet. I don't know who crunched the numbers but no matter the outcome of gems vs crowns sales this gem grab is only tarnishing your image and in turn hurting your future sales because...

I have no problems waiting years for this to be dropped down to a reasonable price now.
    I have no problems never getting this at all.
    I have no problems reducing my crown purchase budget to vote with my wallet.

That's a loss of around 4k in crowns from one customer on two sales and that's on your marketing team.
    Sure I'm a grain of sand but even sand adds up.

From the general discontent, I'd say there's about a whole desert's worth of sand in these forums.
    "Proud purveyor of Cyrodiil Pickles."
  • Maelstroa
    Maelstroa
    ✭✭
    So, here I am, posting my hate of how the Pocket Watcher... Our only Herma Mora type daedric pet which opens a huge avenue of things RP, is nearly 200$ in potential cost.. despite hating myself for being the hypocrite who bought it.

Again, I feel really targeted by ZoS on this one, they clearly seem to have a know on what content is being starved from people and making an effort to really sink their fangs into the wallets of those people. Using scare reflex tactics [4 Days left!], brief windows for purchase to make sure people keep thinking about buying the item until they start to panick about time as we know ZoS does not return items to the store often.. at all. Maybe once out of the year, if at all.

Then there are the people who like a certain content that rarely gets used or put into game. Despite having assets for them, Boethiah, Sanguine, Hermaeous Mora and Mehrunes Dagon all do not have any furnishing statues available to use, despite some having statues and features in-game since vanilla work. RP and Lore people in particular [and often the odd collector] really thrive on content we are missing, and it is starting to feel like we always have to dish out hundreds of dollars to get what we wanted, each time. Not to mention how late such things show up despite being included in game for ages. Like the Summerset Dresses

This whole new idea of taxing the player for more and more money for content is atrocious, and now we're even seeing Elsweyr's second half, a section a lot of people paid over 70$ for is being sold to us for 40$ as it has come out today. This thought of making the player pay and locking a massive amount of RP and aesthetic content behind gambling is awful. ZoS may or may not be owned by China.. but they seem to be running their business like EA at the start of Battlefront 2, currently.

And as for being a hypocrite, I really did not want to support this choice of ZoS to attack people's income.. but I know I would not be seeing this pet again for ages, and even if it cost me a massive amount of gems, it was all I was getting for Herma Mora and RP/lore fueling content that enriches my playstyle and the enjoyment of my RP guild..
  • Raideen
    Raideen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am not independently wealthy, nor do I possess everything I desire.

I stopped buying crowns. I am not going to buy into their BS any more. Instead I am saving the money I would have purchased crowns with and putting it towards things I enjoy IRL and things that I can take with me LONG after this game shuts down and all the pixel items are gone and the only thing left is the memory and some screenshots.

The way this game runs, its BARELY worth a sub, the fact that people are expected to shell out LITERALLY THOUSANDS of extra dollars has really turned me off Bethesda/Zenimax, who at one point was my favorite developer/publisher.

• Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I regret buying the Watcher. I had JUST saved up those gems and I fully intended to hold onto them in case they make an apex mount I can't live without, and now I'm going to have to watch leave my muted phone open for 400,000 twitch streams to get all that back. TTC has raised their exchange rate way up out of reach for crates so I'm stuck with the Ouroborous 4-gem crates until the end of time. FML.
    Edited by Minyassa on October 23, 2019 10:23AM
  • AlienSlof
    AlienSlof
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Raideen wrote: »
    I am not independently wealthy, nor do I possess everything I desire.

I stopped buying crowns. I am not going to buy into their BS any more. Instead I am saving the money I would have purchased crowns with and putting it towards things I enjoy IRL and things that I can take with me LONG after this game shuts down and all the pixel items are gone and the only thing left is the memory and some screenshots.

The way this game runs, its BARELY worth a sub, the fact that people are expected to shell out LITERALLY THOUSANDS of extra dollars has really turned me off Bethesda/Zenimax, who at one point was my favorite developer/publisher.

So much this.
    Bionic Crazy Cat Lady