Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PTS v5.2.4 Patch Delay

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
Hi everyone,

Due to some technical issues during our preparation of the upcoming PTS build, we are currently planning to publish PTS v5.2.4 on Wednesday, October 16. This should not affect the launch of Dragonhold and Update 24, which is still scheduled for October 21.

We'll let you know if any of this information changes by Monday. Thanks for your understanding!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Canned_Apples
    Canned_Apples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What?! AGAIN?
    At least we know in advance this time and won't keep refreshing this page.
    Thanks for that.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So basically there will be like almost no time for ZOS to get feedback and do some changes if some thing will go wrong (and I assume it will). So more or less 5.2.4 will be the final version.
  • Haquor
    Haquor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep. May aswel just bypass 5.2.4 and drop Dragonhold to live on the 16th.
  • Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only 5 days between 5.2.4 and Update 24 could be quite convenient for ZOS, no?
  • Tannus15
    Tannus15
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    it's pretty rare for anything to change between the final week of pts and live anyway.
    everytime that has happened in the past the community lost their ***
  • ZonasArch
    ZonasArch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Haquor wrote: »
    Yep. May aswel just bypass 5.2.4 and drop Dragonhold to live on the 16th.

I can totally get behind this one.
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Patch 5.2.4

We reduced the damage of all abilities by 99% and increased the cost by 400%.

Boom! And we're live! Sorry we didn't have enough time to read your feedback. We will revisit the changes in 12 months time

:trollface::trollface::trollface:
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • SipofMaim
    SipofMaim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ok ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Loralai_907
    Loralai_907
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you!

Did you guys decide if it would be NA or EU character copies in the upcoming week? I know you said probably NA, but some people were talking about EU getting shorted so I thought I would ask :)
    PC-NA - formerly, mommadani907Guild: Weeping Angels - Co-GMTwitter: @ Loralai_907 several Alt accounts....CP 1700+
    Active characters:Fauna Rosewood ( Bosmer Stam DK - Master Crafter/AD)///Loralai Darknova (Drunken Zombie Bosmer Stam Sorc - PvP/AD)Lilith Darknova ( Dunmer Mag DK - Master Crafter - PvP/AD)///and roughly 1billion alts
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »
    Patch 5.2.4

We reduced the damage of all abilities by 99% and increased the cost by 400%.

Boom! And we're live! Sorry we didn't have enough time to read your feedback. We will revisit the changes in 12 months time

:trollface::trollface::trollface:

🤭😂😭😡🤬
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So basically there will be like almost no time for ZOS to get feedback and do some changes if some thing will go wrong (and I assume it will). So more or less 5.2.4 will be the final version.

I expect that is the case, anyway. It seems to take them 2 weeks to turn around comments. The x.x.4 PTS update is too close to launch to really impact x.x.5. Stuff reported in x.x.4 likely ends up in x.x.6, unless they already knew about it and were planning to change it, anyway.

Besides, the update at Launch always has stuff that was never on PTS.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im predicting some hotfixes once it goes live
  • KageNin
    KageNin
    ✭✭✭
    Live servers are actual PTS , with testing time of 3 months.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This could be a blessing in disguise ik I may be overly optimistic but maybe they are actually listening to us this time and really looking over feedback hence why they pushed it back
  • Daedric_NB_187
    Daedric_NB_187
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BattleAxe wrote: »
    This could be a blessing in disguise ik I may be overly optimistic but maybe they are actually listening to us this time and really looking over feedback hence why they pushed it back

Yeah. You are. Prepare to be disappointed.
  • MrBrownstone
    MrBrownstone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better than the "surprise event" excuse
  • StrandedMonkey
    StrandedMonkey
    ✭✭✭✭
    if dizzying swing doesnt get fixed the *** posts wont stop

• _Ahala_
    _Ahala_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So basically arctic blast and SCR will be made functional next Wednesday or they wont be at all.
    Im sure you guys have heard this plenty of times but the current pts versions are not useable in the slightest.

Fighting for range to get the in the off balance and increased damage spammable conditions on a class that has no real snare and root immunity in its kits feels frustrating and does not in anyway synergize with the close to mid range playstyle this class promotes with the 10m range on northern storm and the 20m range on fissure. This is not even taking into consideration the cost increase and damage increase nerfs the spammable underwent this pts cycle or the awkward projectile delay this skill has suffered from since summerset that drastically hurts it ability to be used as a quick jab to finish off targets like any other spammable (especially important on a class with no execute). SCR is too fast to be used with fissure and too slow to be used as a spammable. Furthermore its secondary effects do not synergize with the class at all.

Then arctic blast requires that you stay within 6m for 3 ticks of damage during the 5s of the hot effect... this abysmally small effect -43.75% the size blast was in Vvardenfell of course also radiated from the location of your character instead of off its model so its become useless in pursuit as it fires off behind the character. this does not including the initial cast of course as the damage doesn't start until a second later because why wouldn't it :( Arctic Blast has too short of a radius and too short of a duration to be used as a reliable stun.

Its all so confusing. Is magden a range subclass or a melee one? The spammable and stun are currently actually contradicting each other which is a problem I don't believe any other class has to deal with. Awkwardness of the skills aside, why does magden have worse morphs of flies and dive than stamden now? Is it not bad enough that magden has worse weapon abilities than stamden but now they are fated to have worse class skills too? You guys really missed the mark. Magden really needed a reliable class spammable and stun that somewhat synergized with its playstyle and some utility unique to the subclass. However, what it got was too frustrating skills that both fail to synergize with the rest of its toolkit while its stamina counterpart which was already superior gain real buffs in the form of a stacking spammable bleed which is better than more damage at range and an aoe swarm which is better than empowered swarm when used on two nearby targets and scales up from there without having to deal with the frustrating double cast mechanic fetcher infection has. Magdens skills feel gimmicky, complicated, and do not tie into a synergized playstyle as it feels like each of its offensive skills was randomly taken from a different class.

What's funny is that you guys actually summed this up perfectly in your article of Class Identity but did not apply it to your reworks to magden "Custom requirements can be very effective for creating a unique feel for an ability, but can also easily wander into territory where they feel too gimmicky, unnecessarily complex compared to abilities with similar effect behaviors, or misaligned with the power fantasy of the character. Successful ability design demands a healthy relationship between the triggering method and effect behavior."
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, no patchnotes to read atleast?
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banana wrote: »

Yeah, there will be hotfixes for crown store related stuff and for stuff like item duping or w/e, anything that affects ZO$'s income gets insta patched. Everything else?
    giphy.gif
    We have to wait months for. ;(
    Edited by Akinos on October 12, 2019 10:19AM
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • vesselwiththepestle
    vesselwiththepestle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to suggest you don't make a db sweep / copy characters from live servers.

Please just let us keep our newly made characters for the rest of the cycle. At this point I guess I am not the only one who thinks this would be easier than changing copies and sweeping characters every week.
    1000+ CP
    PC/EU Ravenwatch Daggerfall Covenant

Give me my wings back!
  • Aznarb
    Aznarb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Due to some technical issues during our preparation of the upcoming PTS build, we are currently planning to publish PTS v5.2.4 on Wednesday, October 16. This should not affect the launch of Dragonhold and Update 24, which is still scheduled for October 21.

We'll let you know if any of this information changes by Monday. Thanks for your understanding!

Thank for communicating this time !
    [ PC EU ]

[ Khuram-dar ]
    [ Khajiit ]
    [ Templar - Healer ]
    [Crazy Gatherer & Compulsive Thief]

• Aurie
    Aurie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Better than the "surprise event" excuse

Just different.
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Banana wrote: »

Hotfixes? There will be an extended maintenance when patch goes live, then another emergency maintenance and a quick 'expoit fix' maintenance the next day.
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Moonsorrow
    Moonsorrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi everyone,

Due to some technical issues during our preparation of the upcoming

Nice to know, thanks! :)

Wednesday is the new monday anyways. Was my motto on university when had "technical issues" after long weekend parties and took couple extra days to return projects.

Not implying that is the case here though.. :joy:

• Czekoludek
    Czekoludek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many ppl think your 5 weeks of test is too short (especially when the first week is almost always buggy as hell) and even when we have only two real weeks of testing during this PTS (because there was no point in testing changes from 5.2.0, everyone knows that nerfhammer hits to hard), you even shorten the duration? This must be a joke or this company is a joke, I cannot tell the difference anymore
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Well in their defence they responded to most feedback in 5.2.2 and 5.2.3... not all before anyone flips out 😂 and they have given us a road map for game improvements which is way overdue. Long may it continue!!!
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I came here expecting memes..
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vanthras79 wrote: »
    I came here expecting memes..

Memes have been added to the wheel for ESO Nerf Roulette.
  • BattleAxe
    BattleAxe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well in their defence they responded to most feedback in 5.2.2 and 5.2.3... not all before anyone flips out 😂 and they have given us a road map for game improvements which is way overdue. Long may it continue!!!

Performance fixes roadmap skills wise it’s more throwing darts and see wut sticks prime example the stone fist change despite majority of stam dk players not wanting this skill. Running the numbers the dots are still not at the 33% lower than live in a lot of cases they are well below that dot nerf effects the dk class most