The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.1 maintenance and is currently unavailable.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/657287/pts-incremental-patch-maintenance-extended-april-22-2024

PTS v5.2.4 Patch Delay

• StarMightyMaster
    StarMightyMaster
    ✭✭✭
    Dam why people like only 4 days to test like they are even going to change much if at all god people it 2 day less must be end of the world that you get 2 day less to test :D
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We all know that not much if anything changes from the last PTS patch to live anyway.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    So, no patchnotes to read atleast?

Nah, apparently the release is the new patchnotes.

I wonder what they could possibly have planned, hmmmm....Anyway, this should be interesting. :'(
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've removed a handful of offtopic and nonconstructive comments. This is a friendly reminder to remain civil when posting. Insults aimed at other forum members are never acceptable. Thank you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Good morning everyone, the new plan has us publishing the last PTS patch tomorrow (Tuesday), October 15.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Will EU characters be copied over? It's only fair that they get at least one week with their characters on PTS before the patch goes live.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on October 14, 2019 3:02PM
  • KappaKid83
    KappaKid83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good morning everyone, the new plan has us publishing the last PTS patch tomorrow (Tuesday), October 15.

Any info on what the technical issue is/was and what, if anything, players should be looking for ingame to relay back to the Dev Team?
  • relentless_turnip
    relentless_turnip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Patch notes 5.2.4

All skill lines all skill trees have been deleted and replaced with the following:

Harsh language
    Strongly worded letter
    Over enthusiastic cuddles

Enjoy the next 3 months :lol:

• jypcy
    jypcy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    _Ahala_ wrote: »
    So basically arctic blast and SCR will be made functional next Wednesday or they wont be at all.
    Im sure you guys have heard this plenty of times but the current pts versions are not useable in the slightest.

Fighting for range to get the in the off balance and increased damage spammable conditions on a class that has no real snare and root immunity in its kits feels frustrating and does not in anyway synergize with the close to mid range playstyle this class promotes with the 10m range on northern storm and the 20m range on fissure. This is not even taking into consideration the cost increase and damage increase nerfs the spammable underwent this pts cycle or the awkward projectile delay this skill has suffered from since summerset that drastically hurts it ability to be used as a quick jab to finish off targets like any other spammable (especially important on a class with no execute). SCR is too fast to be used with fissure and too slow to be used as a spammable. Furthermore its secondary effects do not synergize with the class at all.

Then arctic blast requires that you stay within 6m for 3 ticks of damage during the 5s of the hot effect... this abysmally small effect -43.75% the size blast was in Vvardenfell of course also radiated from the location of your character instead of off its model so its become useless in pursuit as it fires off behind the character. this does not including the initial cast of course as the damage doesn't start until a second later because why wouldn't it :( Arctic Blast has too short of a radius and too short of a duration to be used as a reliable stun.

Its all so confusing. Is magden a range subclass or a melee one? The spammable and stun are currently actually contradicting each other which is a problem I don't believe any other class has to deal with. Awkwardness of the skills aside, why does magden have worse morphs of flies and dive than stamden now? Is it not bad enough that magden has worse weapon abilities than stamden but now they are fated to have worse class skills too? You guys really missed the mark. Magden really needed a reliable class spammable and stun that somewhat synergized with its playstyle and some utility unique to the subclass. However, what it got was too frustrating skills that both fail to synergize with the rest of its toolkit while its stamina counterpart which was already superior gain real buffs in the form of a stacking spammable bleed which is better than more damage at range and an aoe swarm which is better than empowered swarm when used on two nearby targets and scales up from there without having to deal with the frustrating double cast mechanic fetcher infection has. Magdens skills feel gimmicky, complicated, and do not tie into a synergized playstyle as it feels like each of its offensive skills was randomly taken from a different class.

What's funny is that you guys actually summed this up perfectly in your article of Class Identity but did not apply it to your reworks to magden "Custom requirements can be very effective for creating a unique feel for an ability, but can also easily wander into territory where they feel too gimmicky, unnecessarily complex compared to abilities with similar effect behaviors, or misaligned with the power fantasy of the character. Successful ability design demands a healthy relationship between the triggering method and effect behavior."

Agree with everything said here. As of the current iterations, I’ll probably end up slotting fewer class skills on magden after the “class identity audit” patch for them.
  • joegall
    joegall
    Soul Shriven
    Dear administrators, sorry for my English. I'm using google, but I have several things to tell you and take advantage of this moment.
    I state that I am recently using PTS, but I am finding it useful to test different nuances of the game regarding the new expansions.

Let's start with constructive criticism:

1) For this new expansion, I also ask for the possibility to leave this progress for now, at least to verify the various quests up to the end, if there are errors. If you cancel everything tomorrow, start again and you will not have time to see if there are problems or not.

2) I'm noticing that there is a strong imbalance in PVP lately. The DK and Nightblade, continue to be the favorites and with difficulty and loss of time "kill" themselves. Do something to make everyone on an equal footing, or each one's strengths and weaknesses. Instead, currently, and everybody knows it, but nobody talks about it .... for convenience, of course ... well, these two categories, unconventional continue to have higher favors. I consider a STRONG modification appropriate.

3) Furthermore, I add that the Champ Point system still does not convince me. Even in that case, there are those who are more astute and have understood how to work in the right way and get away with newcomers or almost veterans. In short, it is time to bring balance, harmony and justice. That is, the skill must not depend on the cunning, the knowledge of the "tricks" (in the sense of knowing how to set the best), but of the times, movements, dodges, parades and attacks. Give value to the character from a "MOVEMENT" point of view.

4) In fact, at this point I highlight another misconduct (from my point of view). All now to do more damage, cancel animations. Here, I'm sorry for those who will get angry for this request, but I think it is WRONG.
    Because, in the reality of life, animation EXISTS. Animation is life, like the word itself: SOUL, that is, it gives movement, life.
    I consider it your BUG and you should correct it forever, or make it impossible to cut the animations by doing the various games with the changing of the weapon or half-click of the various abilities. I know how to do them too, but I avoid them because in my opinion it is incorrect.

5) In my opinion, PVP is time to turn it into something different. The fight I mean. There must be the time of the question and answer, blow and block or dodge, you also give importance to these things, nothing is understood here anymore. No offense, but it has become a pigsty There is no longer a general balance between Spell / Weapon Damage - Critical and Penetration, it's all a mess.

Let's move on to requests:

I personally like both PVE and PVP, but I was thinking of CYRODIIL and IMPERIAL CITY.

1) I have a good proposal for you. Create two Cyrodiil and IMPERIAL CITY, one for the PVP (keeping the current one with the corresponding servers), the other one solely for PVE, in which there are new real stories to live, problems to solve, cities to rebuild. Imagine how nice it is to be able to contribute (in this new city and map) to building a new world. This would complete the story of the game, the one you presented at the beginning of the game.
    Instead, in this way (only PVP) there remain environments that will never change, will not progress, there will never be an end.
    Creating a second dimension, only for PVE all this becomes possible.

2) This is a proposal for collectors like me. I really like the costumes, but there is the famous costume of the emperor that remains untouchable and therefore accessible only to some. Honestly, I don't find it right. After all, there are those who, like me, have consumed this game in all ways and in all expansions.
    I think it right, to be able to make that costume of the emperor available when the basic game is completed. I'm not asking you to activate the emperor skill or the title, attention. No. That's right that it should remain available in the PVP Cyrodill - Imperial City.
    I speak only of the costume. Because it is foolish to finish the game you wear that armor and then immediately disappear. What does it mean?
    After I invest my time to finish the game or all of Tamriel's maps, what do I find? The chancellor's costume? Therefore, now easily buildable through the outfit?
    Let's reason, please.
    Give what the customers want, without illusions and don't leave the carrots hanging in the air.

Thanks for reading my post.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KappaKid83 wrote: »

Any info on what the technical issue is/was and what, if anything, players should be looking for ingame to relay back to the Dev Team?

Wild ZOS party over the weekend was postponed.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for the update :)
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    KappaKid83 wrote: »

It had nothing to do with the contents of the patch itself - there were some internal issues with getting the build prepped and staged. Thanks for the offer, though!
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • mursie
    mursie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    obvious FORTNITE black hole hype ripoff is obvious.

nice try ZOS
    twitch.tv/mursieftw
    twitter: @mursieftw
  • goldenarcher1
    goldenarcher1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Natch Potes delayed by two days,then brought forward one day.

owoMaj5.gif
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Natch Potes delayed by two days,then brought forward one day.

owoMaj5.gif

just like the 60% nerf then 20% buff

it's a pattern...
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edit for redundancy again
    Edited by TheNightflame on October 15, 2019 2:41AM
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is it that this happens at least once every PTS cycle? I feel bad for all the people who have to go to work and deal with ***. Honestly. This game and/or the hardware y’all are working with has some serious flaws and it’s gotta be such a stressful headache.
  • TheNightflame
    TheNightflame
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, in almost all cases, a deadline is a deadline and it's met. zos is very lenient with itself and its product which is not a norm at all. Every project everywhere has bugs and hangups
  • Szende
    Szende
    ✭✭✭
    Nach potes memes tomorrow then? I love them to be honest. ^^
    PC-EU
    Kyra Leith - PvP Stamina Nightblade
  • Ellyhan
    Ellyhan
    ✭✭✭
    Sooooooooooo ? It's coming ?
    J'ai pas de coéquipiers, c'est juste mon garde manger.
  • bmcxp
    bmcxp
    ✭✭✭
    So What just downloaded to the PTS this morning.
    Member of the ESO Realm
    Castellan of Guild Medieval

(@BMCXP)
    Nevaehtwo, & Nerata Oaken-Shield, Professions Master, Explorer
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So...how's it going over there? Sun's getting real low.
  • red_emu
    red_emu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why is everyone so excited? Previous patch was the last one with any changes. There is never anything major in the pre-live patch. Mainly spelling error corrections
    PC - EU:
    Falathren Noctis - AD MagNecro
    Falathren - AD StamSorc
    Falathren Eryndaer - AD StamDen
    Falathren Irimion - AD MagPlar
    Talagan Falathren - AD StamDK
    Falathren Infernis - AD MagDK
    Your-Ex - AD MagBlade
  • Grandma
    Grandma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »
    Why is everyone so excited? Previous patch was the last one with any changes. There is never anything major in the pre-live patch. Mainly spelling error corrections

this. it's not going to be anything to write home about. I just wish there wasn't also more whiplash changes from this week to live, but they'll never stop doing that.
    GH / 3/04/2021 / Elemental Catalyst Necromancer
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    red_emu wrote: »

I'm not really, but if there's supposed to be coming today I'm gonna read them. Least amount of hype. Not because I think it's a terrible update, it's actually not bad as far as patches go, it's just a same that so much of it is centered around undoing what happened last patch.
  • Darkmage1337
    Darkmage1337
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Today is Tuesday, October 15th, and it is 7 PM EST.
    Are we still getting Natch Potes sometime today, or?
    Edited by Darkmage1337 on October 15, 2019 11:04PM
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Darkmage1337
    GM of Absolute Virtue. Co-GM of Absolute Vice. 8-time Former Emperor, out of 13 characters. 3 Templars, 3 Sorcerers, 2 Nightblades, 2 Dragonknights, 1 Warden. 1 Necromancer, and 1 Arcanist. The Ebonheart Pact: The Dark-Mage (Former Emperor), The Undying Nightshade, The Moonlit-Knight, The Killionaire (Former Emperor), Swims-Among-Slaughterfish (Former Emperor), The Undead Mage, and The Dark-Warlock. The Aldmeri Dominion: The Dawn-Bringer (Former Empress), The Ironwood Kid (Former Emperor), and The Storm-Sword. The Daggerfall Covenant: The Storm-Shield (Former Empress), The Savage-Beast, and The Burning-Crusader CP: 1,800.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Today is Tuesday, October 15th, and it is 7 PM EST.
    Are we still getting Natch Potes sometime today, or?

It seems like they have more pressing issues at the moment, as people can't even log into the game right now. But I can't image it's extremely hard to hit CTRL + V on a new thread and post the changes. Let us see the notes already!
  • turlisley
    turlisley
    ✭✭✭
    ESO Platform/Region: PC/NA. ESO ID: @Turlisley
  • Sanguinor2
    Sanguinor2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Patch notes are there since yesterday, they just dont Show in the dev Tracker for whatever reason. You can see them in the PTS Forum and they stickied (if you call it that?) on the recent page aswell.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/497633/pts-patch-notes-v5-2-4#latest
    Politeness is respecting others.
    Courage is doing what is fair.
    Modesty is speaking of oneself without vanity.
    Self control is keeping calm even when anger rises.
    Sincerity is expressing oneself without concealing ones thoughts.
    Honor is keeping ones word.