Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [IN PROGRESS] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Anyone else think that the prologue boss fight was challenging?

MrBrownstone
MrBrownstone
✭✭✭✭✭
I mean, for the average quester. I never slot self heal or shields for questing because I know things die instantly. However on that particular boss fight I actually died on my first try and I had to use dodgeroll! I was surprised that for once, that a quest required some basic game mechanics knowledge. I'm pretty sure that lots of players who only do questing and never attempted content that requires actual mechanics like block, dodgeroll and heal, struggled there. Those fireballs are veteran content.
Edited by MrBrownstone on October 10, 2019 1:46PM
  • Grimm13
    Grimm13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean, for the average quester. I never slot self heal or shields for questing because I know things die instantly. However on that particular boss fight I actually died on my first try and I had to use dodgeroll! I was surprised that for once, that a quest required some basic game mechanics knowledge. I'm pretty sure that lots of players who only do questing and never attempted content that requires actual mechanics like block, dodregoll and heal, struggled there. Those fireballs are veteran content.

I don't know what quests you play but I certainly use the mechanics you said except I use dodge & roll instead of that dodregoll thing.

Np with my Necro who is still leveling up. Guess it's just the right build using a mixture of the Elswyr overland sets.
    https://sparkforautism.org/

Season of DraggingOn
    It's your choice on how you vote with your $

PC-NA
  • MrBrownstone
    MrBrownstone
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimm13 wrote: »
    dodge & roll instead of that dodregoll thing.

Haha, fixed :D
  • vibeborn
    vibeborn
    ✭✭✭✭
    I found it pretty easy, but I also used shields. Never been good at the dodge and roll thing tho
    Had there not been a horn I most likely would still be fighting it now...
  • Dawnblade
    Dawnblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope - I just AOE'd the trash, then ran in a circle dropping AOE and weaving light attacks, and the dragon fell over dead.

• Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We're not talking about that Bone Colossus in Coldharbour are we?
  • Heatnix90
    Heatnix90
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There's no way OP isn't meme-ing. And if you're actually serious...

...Some of y'all would never have gotten past launch-era Doshia
  • Shewolf075
    Shewolf075
    ✭✭✭
    For the average player I guess it wouldn't seem easy considering how many people die against that type of foe. I hope it serves as a learning curve towards using dodge rolling, blocking, self healing and figuring out enemy ques. Those are the basics. Many fights have become so easy people are playing the game very causally and don't think twice about these boss fights until they stopped in their tracks.

What got me about this fight is at 3% my DPS was suddenly slowed down, boss kept doing the same attack over and over until it was finally conquered. Wasn't very challenging and very disappointed considering what this boss is. Don't get me started on the other ones. One shot mechanics don't make the fights tough or challenging, it's just cheap, if anything make one shot mechanics at execute stages.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, old Doshia was horrible. Bad for the game too because players couldn't get past her and you had to fight her to move forward with the main quest. It was a tougher fight than anything afterwards. The fight was just out of place for what it was.

The current prologue I just ran last night. It took freaking forever and I did not especially enjoy it except for the final part with the dragon.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Cavedog
    Cavedog
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It did? I thought the puzzle was the hardest part lol.

I am glad the quests were relatively short, and fairly interesting though. Some of the prologue quests have been a real grind, and that's no fun. It seems like they got it about right this time. IMO, a prologue quest should take about an hour, and lay the groundwork for the upcoming release lore wise and otherwise. They nailed that pretty good this time I think. ....except for those who've taken exception to Sai Sahan being alive and well without a good explanation. :)
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nope. Dragon tipped like a cow.
  • Neoealth
    Neoealth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It died in seconds. *shrug*
  • Haenk
    Haenk
    ✭✭✭✭
    with 2 pets & atronarch the dragon was quite busy and hardly ever attacked me, the adds went easily down with AOE - and I spent a lot of my CPs into non-fighting skill - every Pet Sorc should win this fight easily.

However the story plot it stupid - SPOILER - why would you let the enemy grab the ultimate weapon, the only weapon being able to kill you, when you could have easily killed the enemy before? That makes no sense.
  • Puzzlenuts
    Puzzlenuts
    ✭✭✭
    Trying to pick the correct tiles to get into the 1st door with 20 or so people standing on them was the most difficult part of the quest for me
  • notyuu
    notyuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What boss fight?

ya mean the dragon at the end who shows up and dies in 4 seconds? [which is admittedly 4 times longer than the average mob, but come on...]
  • Shewolf075
    Shewolf075
    ✭✭✭
    Haenk wrote: »
    with 2 pets & atronarch the dragon was quite busy and hardly ever attacked me, the adds went easily down with AOE - and I spent a lot of my CPs into non-fighting skill - every Pet Sorc should win this fight easily.

However the story plot it stupid - SPOILER - why would you let the enemy grab the ultimate weapon, the only weapon being able to kill you, when you could have easily killed the enemy before? That makes no sense.

The kwama failed to protect him :D
  • Nemesis7884
    Nemesis7884
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    challenging? em no, on a scale from 1 to 10 id probably give it a 2, maybe 3
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From what I gather from this and other posts the fight was kindergarten easy for some and fiendishly hard (or outright impossible) for others; I tried it with one character only, a petless magsorc I'm levelling and it was rather hard and took me some forty minutes of attempts to finish the dragon.
    I solo public dungeons with my CP level characters, so I know how to handle a fight, and in the end I was quite satisfied when I finally killed the wretched beast but I think that the encounter comes out of the blue in a quest that's mostly about exploring and learning how to use the crossbow grappling hook, with just a bunch of easy mobs before
    PC EU

Khajiit has no time for you
  • sudaki_eso
    sudaki_eso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, even for an average quester this shouldnt be hard.
    PS4 EU - StamDK
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Me (CP 810+ [stamnb]) and two guild Members (no cp) did the chain together. The dragon fight killed them both at least once (I believe), I was perfectly fine.

The dragon fight has weird scaling issues, It’s about the difficulty of a vanilla zone world boss I would say.
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sudaki_eso wrote: »
    No, even for an average quester this shouldnt be hard.

Try playing in first person - which is what the average quester does because first person is far more immersive - where you can't really see the red circles.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many are so full of themselves. lmao
    Not overly difficult but die in seconds?
    The scripted parts took longer than that.
    Edited by TequilaFire on October 10, 2019 3:17PM
  • Starlock
    Starlock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Of course they did. It's no wonder the developers often take what is said on forums like this with a tablespoon of salt when folks post such nonsense hyperbole. Nonsense hyperbole is all the rage these days, unfortunately, and quite the obstacle to accurate communication.
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭

To be fair in my final attempt the dragon died in seconds: about 300, I think
    PC EU

• BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I sneezed, and it died. Meanwhile Sai just stood around with that luxurious beard. Guess I bring the pain, and he brings the glory.
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    On a serious note, most world bosses require more effort.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The fire spit did hurt more and come faster than expected. That's it though, and while it was nice to go "oh this actually does damage", for me it mostly felt as though that difficulty didn't really match the rest if the fight. Together with the way the dragon's health seemed to go down at a different pace in the end without DPS changing, I mostly just felt like they were trying to create a false semblance of diffivulty for a very scripted feeling fight without many mechanics.

It is of course just a prologue quest, but as always I feel like more interesting mechanics would have been key. It's just always a good solution because it introduces difficulty without screwing over inexperienced players with one-shots and the like. And also as always, smarter level scaling would also help. Same old, same old. :)
    Edited by Raisin on October 10, 2019 3:51PM
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    With my solid-gold CP810 characters on the EU server it was no problem. With my one little lvl 13 NB in picked-up gear on NA it was impossible.
    PC EU
  • albesca
    albesca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigBragg wrote: »

You mean that there are world bosses that require less effort? I'd be interested in trying to solo one of them
    PC EU

• BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    albesca wrote: »
    BigBragg wrote: »

You mean that there are world bosses that require less effort? I'd be interested in trying to solo one of them

They can all be soloed. Been doing that for years.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heatnix90 wrote: »
    There's no way OP isn't meme-ing. And if you're actually serious...

...Some of y'all would never have gotten past launch-era Doshia
    It was harder than average for quests bosses but not an issue as I think you can not fail as San will keep the fight alive so it don't reset.
    This is an good design for strong quest bosses as you can have an boss with decent health so you know you fought an boss, but you can also not wipe over and over.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.