The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Play the Dragonhold Prologue Free"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
7a484a0764c0fd861296afd4b029b1f0.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for "Play the Dragonhold Prologue Free & Prepare for the Season of the Dragon’s Epic Conclusion" blog article.

The final stage of the year-long Season of the Dragon begins today with the free Dragonhold Prologue questline—now live on all platforms!
Staff Post
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You spelt Kasura wrong on your Twitter announcement and in your blog article...
    The Dragonhold Prologue Quest is now live! Continue your journey through the #SeasonOfTheDragon by claiming the Letter from Kaura quest starter.
    Edited by RaddlemanNumber7 on October 8, 2019 2:31PM
    PC EU
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    you’ll help the ESO community unlock a zone-wide gold acquisition bonus in Northern Elsweyr (part of the Elsweyr Chapter).

Does it mean... that the gold boost will be permanently active in Northern Elsweyr, if we manage to unlock it during the event? :o:)
  • Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    Pyr0xyrecuprotite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Should you complete the Dragonhold Prologue quests during the Dragon Rise in-game event (now live until October 14 at 10:00AM EDT), you’ll help the ESO community unlock a zone-wide gold acquisition bonus in Northern Elsweyr (part of the Elsweyr Chapter).

Does the progress to unlock the gold bonus in Elsweyr increase if you complete the prologue quests on more than one character, or is one character per account sufficient?
    If you complete it on PC/NA, does it help to try do the prologue on PC/EU as well (or vice versa)?
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed the prologue. I enjoyed seeing old faces. The scenery was great particularly in the Elsweyr zone. I love the new grapple mechanic and hope that it will be added everywhere or at least in a few more areas.
  • DirkRavenclaw
    DirkRavenclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    mrsrobot wrote: »
    I really enjoyed the prologue. I enjoyed seeing old faces. The scenery was great particularly in the Elsweyr zone. I love the new grapple mechanic and hope that it will be added everywhere or at least in a few more areas.

It is already in the Game in Murkmire for the Vines Quest
    Council Member of AtWritsEnd, Member of LoneWolfeHelp, Donor of GhostSeaTradingCO., Factor of EastEmpireTradingCO.,HonourGuard of ´DominionImperialGuard(DIG/PVP)

Master Crafter including Jewelry, i craft for Mats and Donation, always happy to help, if Im not in the Middle of PVP, i play since around 14 Months
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is already in the Game in Murkmire for the Vines Quest

Would be so cool if furnishing version of that plant worked the same way
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • Thorvarg
    Thorvarg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    At the moment, I really have the impression that Zenimax only works for Elsweyr owners and literally overwhelming them with gold and other donations
  • kamimark
    kamimark
    ✭✭✭✭
    So first, hookshot is awesome, my new favorite thing (sorry Blade of Woe). I want hookshot pillars everywhere now. Just put some occasional chests or urns next to pillars on all the old rooftops, and I'll be happy for months.

But there's two problems with this prologue.
    1. Sai Sahan is still trapped in Coldharbour in my main story, and the valley of blades hasn't been destroyed by a, uh, not-dragon Daedra. This is very weird.
    2. There is no way in Oblivion that my Khajiit necromancer, dragonslayer, savior of Anequina, would give this Redguard idiot an unbreakable Dragonhorn. Just cannot rationally happen. I'd rather murder every inhabitant of Tamriel and raise their corpses as an undead army that give him this one thing. This quest desperately needs a "buzz off old man, I'll toot my own horn!" option.

The solution is that I'll just sacrifice him and take it from his corpse, but it's very lazy writing not to give us an option to ignore him.
    Edited by kamimark on October 10, 2019 1:10PM
    Kitty Rainbow Dash. pick, pick, stab.
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So no dailies for the prologue? The last two, Murkmire and Elweyr, had a set of dailies that unlocked after the prologue completion. This seemed to be setup with the two Wood Elf NPCs, Gadnalon and Allawen, sitting in the Valley of Blades at the end of the quests. They talk about needing help with dragons blighting the land in Valenwood. Will these unlock later or were they scrapped?

ocote2970dqi.jpg
    Edited by Dominoid on October 10, 2019 3:19PM
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I love the new grapple mechanic and hope that it will be added everywhere or at least in a few more areas.

I think it would have been nicer if they had an optional side trip where you had to jump forward just to be in range of the grapple point and activate it in mid-air. Just to get people started practicing it. Doesn't have to be a huge goodie, maybe just a pile of backpacks or a treasure chest that's personal to you (like how surveys are personal to you).
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on October 10, 2019 5:20PM
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dominoid wrote: »
    So no dailies for the prologue?

I am guessing that this will appear as the fruition of the "gold acquisition" they mentioned for unlocking the number of people completing the prologue. Perhaps they will be added next Monday to NE and the reward would be extra gold.

--

Unrelated, I really hope we get grappling points as furnishing items so I can make an even cooler obstacle course in a house.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So no dailies for the prologue? The last two, Murkmire and Elweyr, had a set of dailies that unlocked after the prologue completion. This seemed to be setup with the two Wood Elf NPCs, Gadnalon and Allawen, sitting in the Valley of Blades at the end of the quests. They talk about needing help with dragons blighting the land in Valenwood. Will these unlock later or were they scrapped?

Did you do Lair of Maarselok? Theyre talking about the story of that dungeon.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Dominoid
    Dominoid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

Did you do Lair of Maarselok? Theyre talking about the story of that dungeon.

I did not do that dungeon. Thanks for the story connection. Odd no dailies though.
  • killed_Persephone
    killed_Persephone
    ✭✭✭
    May I ask what Motif the Heroine on the left is wearing?
    609a81a9330afb535bd68172f46f759e.jpg
    I'm really interested in these awesome Epaulets/Arm Cops/Pauldrons
    PC-EU ~|~ CP 1200+ ~|~ UserID: 'killed.Persephone' | Gilde: Tamriels Häkelfreunde & Smile | Passionierte PvE'lerin ohne Battle-Pets
    Rhíanwyn "Rhíann Runenstein" Fenrisversen ~|~ Bretonin ~|~ Zauberin ~|~ EP
    Familienclan Fenrisversen:
    • Rhagnar "Wolfsmond" Fenrisversen ~|~Nord ~|~ Drachenritter ~|~ EP
    • Brynja "Schneewolf" Fenrisversen ~|~ Nord ~|~ Templerin ~|~ EP
    • Persephone Vadryn ~|~ Dunmer ~|~ Nekromantin/Vampir ~|~ EP
    • Amee-Lee ~|~ Argonierin ~|~ Drachenritterin ~|~ EP
    • Lagertha gra-Khadgar ~|~ Ork ~|~ Hüterin ~|~ EP
    • Kíeraniel Grünschatten ~|~ Bosmer ~|~ Hüterin ~|~ AD
    • Shuvani ~|~ Khajiit ~|~ Nekromantin ~|~ AD
    • Eljadhwyn ~|~ Altmer ~|~ Templerin ~|~ AD
    • Eljadhan ~|~ Altmer ~|~ Zauberer ~|~ AD
    • Diana Peregrinus ~|~ Kaiserliche ~|~ Drachenritterin ~|~ DB