Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Crown Store Showcase - October 2019"

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
5d49f576e34790b2d4292c4195f00b8f.jpg

This is the official discussion thread for "Crown Store Showcase - October 2019" blog article.

This month in the Crown Store you’ll find Dragon-slaying gear, spooky furnishings and homes, Daedric companions, and much more. Check it all out in the latest Crown Store Showcase!
Jessica Folsom
Lead Community Manager - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm out of crowns but have a little stash of gems, so... Very happy about things I've wanted being gem exclusives.
    Sorry folks.
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    TiaFrye wrote: »
    I'm out of crowns but have a little stash of gems, so... Very happy about things I've wanted being gem exclusives.
    Sorry folks.
    [snip]

[edited for baiting/non-constructive comment]
    Edited by ZOS_RogerJ on October 2, 2019 9:59PM
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • Nairinhe
    Nairinhe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have no words to describe how much I hate this "crown gems exclusive" crap. I've waited for this pocket watcher since it appeared in datamined items but I just cannot support such disgusting practice
    Sorry folks.
    Shame on you
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OF COURSE THE FLIPPIN' SENCHE-RAHT IS CROWN GEM EXCLUSIVE.

*SCREAMING FOREVER INTO THE VOID*
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Greysson
    Greysson
    ✭✭✭✭
    This will be an expensive month! B)
  • Pinesy
    Pinesy
    ✭✭✭
    Kinda sad at no NEW furnishing packs. The only thing I see myself buying is the gem senche-raht and the witchy kitty.

Sad it seems the lucky cat landing will be crown only.

Sigh. I'm just tired.
    Beezenees IGN (PC/NA)
  • Amphithoe
    Amphithoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really love the "Elder Scrolls Artifacts" I was hoping for Mehrunez Razor but the Ebony Blade is good enough :)

Will we eventually see armors aswell? Like Saviours Hide or Ebony Mail?
    Guildmaster: School of Julianos
  • Jolipinator
    Jolipinator
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still no Honor Guard motif, and Murkmire won't get an anniversary event. Shame.
    casparian wrote: »
    Sorry folks.
    "I'm really happy about anti-consumer business practices because I'm unusually profligate with my spending! Sorry folks!"

Why are you assuming they spend money on crates? I have 700 gems from the free crates we got last year.
    PS5 EU.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Volendrung should have been an earnable artifact style for doing the volendrung artifact achievements.
  • madabarwb17_ESO
    madabarwb17_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Damn. I was hoping Hunters Glade was on that list of houses. I've been looking forward to working with that one for a while. Based on last year i would have expected it to be early October. Anyone got any ideas on when ZOS will randomly put it up. Lol.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Goutfang Senche-Raht mount is a Crown Gem exclusive
    The Pocket Watcher pet is a Crown Gem exclusive

Has the sales team or whoever considered not being terrible?
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • TiaFrye
    TiaFrye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still no Honor Guard motif, and Murkmire won't get an anniversary event. Shame.
    casparian wrote: »
    Sorry folks.
    "I'm really happy about anti-consumer business practices because I'm unusually profligate with my spending! Sorry folks!"

Why are you assuming they spend money on crates? I have 700 gems from the free crates we got last year.

anyone can hoard gems from drops and free promo crates if necessary, yes
    i bet next insult someone will trow into us will be "because of people such as you we have these gems exclusives, stop hoarding!"
  • Bucky_13
    Bucky_13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry folks.

Funnily enough I'm the opposite. If this had been a for crowns item, I'd purchase more crowns to buy the mount. However, since it's gems only, I won't bother buying crates where I already have the items I want, in order to get enough gems for it. In short, ZOS will get less money from me by making this gems only compared to a crown purchase.
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sniff where's the bat pet? :disappointed:
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Really disappointed that the senche-raht mount and esp. the pocket watcher are gems exclusive. I'm on XB, and we don't get a monthly supply of free gems like PC does. Sure, with the launch of Dragonhold, we will, but we won't get that DLC until November. Not going to buy crates to try and earn enough gems for the pet (which is what I want most). I'd end up spending far more crowns on crates (and there isn't anything in the current crates I want, either), so it'd be a big waste of real money. I'd have spent 1200-1500 crowns on it though, if I were able to purchase it outright.

I'm surprised that Lucky Cat is coming out so soon, and it appears to be given the Orbservatory Prior treatment, i.e. not being limited-time. I already knew it would be Crowns only from there being no gold option on PTS. But, I won't be able to get it until November on XB.

This month, overall, is pretty lackluster...again. Lots of returning items, which is great for players who missed them the first time, but for players who already got the items they wanted the first time around, it leaves little else to buy. I think I might get the familiar, but other than that, there isn't anything I want that isn't locked behind gambling. I'll pick up Lucky Cat, as well, but that's a November purchase for me.

Well...here's to another month of saving my crowns.
  • Shadow_Akula
    Shadow_Akula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sporvan wrote: »
    Sniff where's the bat pet? :disappointed:

^ this. Sky-puppy pet would be much better than an Emote that switches off everytime you move 😐 Was looking forward to a sky-puppy pet ☹️ Oh well looks like I’ll just be getting exorcised home I missed out on last year this month...
  • CaffeinatedMayhem
    CaffeinatedMayhem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Not enough gold or money for all the cool stuff!

Edit: Oh the watcher is gems only? And the senche raht mount? Oh, definitely not enough anything then. :( Already don't have enough gold for another set of New Moon crates, much less Hollowjack furnishings, and 2 more sets of crates... *especually* since there are no new furnishing recipes in Dragonhold, which there goes my big moneymaker until next May. D:
    Edited by CaffeinatedMayhem on October 2, 2019 8:40PM
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I guess that reskinned cat is the closest thing we're ever going to get to a real daedra mount. Sad.
    PC EU
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess that reskinned cat is the closest thing we're ever going to get to a real daedra mount. Sad.

atronach mounts are daedra
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sincerely hope you plan on adding a few more unique furniture item drops to the Witches Festival plunder skulls, considering that there isn't a single new Witches themed item coming to the crown store this month, it's all just re-sells and returns of items we have had the last couple years.
    There's still a plethora of furniture items we have not had access to, just look at the wish list in my signature, you could add some of those to the loot tables of witches festival.

Apart from a couple pets, there's nothing new coming this festival, all the stuff you already sold before.
  • anadandy
    anadandy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    I sincerely hope you plan on adding a few more unique furniture item drops to the Witches Festival plunder skulls, considering that there isn't a single new Witches themed item coming to the crown store this month, it's all just re-sells and returns of items we have had the last couple years.
    There's still a plethora of furniture items we have not had access to, just look at the wish list in my signature, you could add some of those to the loot tables of witches festival.

Apart from a couple pets, there's nothing new coming this festival, all the stuff you already sold before.

Agreed. There are plenty of spooky/harvest themed objects already in the game that could be used.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm gonna' get some hate for saying this, but I only say it because I'm a realist.

I'm glad to see the Hollowjack crates coming back as it does at least mean I can buy a pack with my ESO+ Crowns and with the Gems I already have, I will have enough to buy the Treasure Hunter costume if I don't get a drop.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty disappointed that the bat pet that was data mined is no where to be seen in this line up of crown store items, I was really looking forward to that one.

Also very disheartened to see the first senche-rhat recolor is crown gem exclusive. :/

I'm curious though, will the cottage also be available to purchase for gold, as it was last year for those who obtained a specific achievement? Didn't get a chance to grab it last year as I was brand new to the game.
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Jayne_Doe We don’t get monthly Gems on the PC either. There was a Crown Crate log-in reward last month but that’s not most months that I’ve seen and aren’t the daily rewards on all platforms?

In any case, 100% agree that there are far too many Gem exclusives and not enough available for Crowns. It would seem to me they could incentivize buying crates without totally excluding those who don’t like to pay for RNG and/or don’t like many of the Crown crate items (sorry, not a fan of glowing smoking mounts and pets nor turning my character into a monster, but there are many items I would have bought individually if it had been an option).

Positive: I bought the Hollowjack furnishing pack because I really wanted the reaper crow and the webs and I like the light from the oroboros jack-o’-lantern and the crows around the scarecrow! :) The Mephala statuette looks cool too!

Negative: Could we have more rotation of Crown items, please? The same costumes have been in store since I started playing this past summer and it would be great to have more rotation. Give me reason to browse the Crown store more often by changing up the costumes, hairstyles, pets and furnishing sets are available please!

Also, sad to see no spider pet, but then again it would probably have been another Gem-exclusive. :/
  • Gnatrak
    Gnatrak
    ✭✭✭
    I'm really disappointed from not seeing the Jode's Embrace home in the crown store this month.
    I've been dying to throw my money at you for it!

I made a post inquiring about it so I'll drop that here:
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/496165/crown-store-showcase-october-2019-houses
    Edited by Gnatrak on October 3, 2019 9:23PM
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am very interested in many things this month (including from lower crate categories), but I will need to preview some of them in game though.

I would be also interested in Ebony Blade, but only if we could dye it :/

Finally, the senche raht recolor! <3 I admit, I totally didn't expect it to be gem-exclusive mount... This color looks beautiful, but I don't think that the mount itself is special in any way (no effects or anything) which can justify it being in this section of store. Also I wonder if it will cost 400 gems, because such price is extremely high for ordinary mount :o Maybe 200 or 100 gems?

Return of both seasons of spooky crates, and in right time too (after a year)! :smiley: Somewhat weird that each season will return for only 4 days... At least 7 days would be better; or proper duration of 14 days for each returning season.

Return of Toxin doctor costume in regular store, very nice :) It reminds me of Wild Hunt season (where I bought this costume for 40 gems just to see how it dyes :D It dyes nicely). If we assume how many crate seasons still have to return this year, in November would be great to have Wild Hunt season, Dwarven season and Xanmeer season. Ok, take one of these for December, but it should not interfere with Scalecaller return like 4 days this/4 days that... Seasons return once a year, so even 14 days is not too much.

I wonder why there was no announcement of Shadowghost mounts return this time :o They used to return during Halloween.
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Two more things @ZOS_SarahHecker

- How long are you going to keep holding on to that Elsweyr Oasis pack now? It was supposed to be revealed months ago, and yet here we are in October and still no sign of it. Come on guys, you keep re-releasing these old furniture packs from years ago, and you won't give us the Oasis pack that was already supposed to be available, but was literally pulled the same day due to a completely unrelated "issue" with the Jode's house, nothing to do with the pack. Gimme Oasis pack.

- No New Moon pet sales, really? Do you really intend to keep doing this from now on, as you did with Bandaari pet and now New Moon? Give us ONE single pet crate in login rewards with a 20 % chance of getting what you want and a 80 % chance for disappointment, then wait for 2-3 months until you can actually buy the damn pet you did want, maybe to go with the matching mount you already had from crates? What a stupid marketing scheme. Obviously people want their matching pet ALONG with the crate mounts, not 2-3 months after the crates when it's even time for a new bunch of crates. Gimme New Moon pets for sale, and not in 2020.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why would Dremora ride Senche?
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!