Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Need advices on HM Nahviintas completion

Olupajmibanan
Olupajmibanan
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Hello friends.

I came here to kindly ask for advices on how to clear Nahviintas on HM. Firstly I'll explain how we do it and how far we got.

We are country-locked community so there are minimal possible group composition changes. We don't want to take all fun of the game so we don't force anyone into playing meta classes. Anyone can play what he wants and is experienced with. Our group composition is:
2x Dk tank (in extreme case, one of them can switch to Warden or Templar)
2x templar healer (not changeable)
1x stamsorc (not changeable)
3x magicka sorcerer (not changeable)
1x magicka templar (not changeable)
1x magicka NB (not changeable)
1x magicka DK (not changeable)
1x is a free spot that is filled by someone who can come to trial at a time (usualy stamwarden or magDK).

We kill frost and fire HMs on first pull so that saves us a lot of time.

On HM Nahviintas, we do the very boring but easy tactic:
1) 1st flight phase, same as non-HM
2) kill statue, 0 dmg to boss
3) dmg boss till portals spawn
4) 3 DDs go to portal, the rest of DDs keep damaging boss till adds spawn
5) kill adds, Alkosh's Fate firstly. By this time MT can rest because from now on they can switch normaly on Mark.
6) 2nd flight phase, same as non-HM
7) We repeat the process untill we get past last flight phase. Then we plan (we never got there) to kill the statue and than just put boss to execute phase and complete it.

Our problem is, things upstairs work fine. We can kill adds easily, main tank can survive Mark easily even without Guard (however one healer is using Gossamer) and Soul Tear is outhealed without any problems. The problem is the group downstairs. We can't help them, we can only wish them luck and hope they come back alive. Our best tries are when we get past 3rd flight phase (Eternal Servant killed 2 times). But the third and last attempt on Eternal Servant ends in failure :-(

The three heroes that are going downstairs are a magblade, a magplar and a magsorc. They have specificaly adjusted setups to this fight:
- Slimecraws
- magblade and magplar have 3x bloothirsty jewelry
- magsorc has lightning blockade
- magsorc procs infused Crusher
- magblade has Master Architect
- CPs, Mundus, Food, all adjusted to this fight
- Major breach and minor magickasteal are present
- they all take Jorvulded Olorime and get Jorvulded Horn and Reviving Barrier before going downstairs.

There are several problems reported by the three portal runners. They specificaly complain about Pin desync. When you get pinned while moving rapidly, the synergy to unpin the player won't work. They changed their tactic to come together before each pin and stop moving. While this solves the desync problem (a bug in the game that makes fight harder than intended) it creates other problems such as unlucky negates and so on.
But the biggest problem is, even if they do things right and everything goes smoothly, they kill Eternal Servant shortly before 3rd Pin. Even the slightest mistake (like putting Negate from Eternal Servant on Storm Attronach) will result in 3rd Pin coming to reality.

Our frustration is growing. The portal runners are getting frustrated because there is absolutely zero tolerance for mistakes on Eternal Servant, and game bugs add even more to the frustration. And the rest is frustrated because we can do nothing about that. There are almost no mechanics upstairs and we only sit on the boss and wait if the group from downstairs come up or calls on discord "it's lost, jump to the fire wall".

We got one advice that we haven't tried yet and that is delaying interrupt on Eternal Servant to buy time. We weren't doing that and interrupted Eternal Servant immediately after it became interruptable.

If you experienced guys know anything that could help, I kindly ask you to share it, please.

Thank you for any advices in advance.

Edited by Olupajmibanan on October 2, 2019 11:10AM
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eternal Servant is brutal and I've spent literal hours wiping on that fight as bottom group figures it out. While top-tier competitive groups can clear it around or even before 2nd pins, this is an unrealistic expectation for most other groups.

We've cleared downstairs with 3x magsorc, 2x magsorc + 1x magplar, and 1x magsorc + 2x magplar.

Some general tips...
    • Make sure there is one person in every single Time Stop upstairs. This spawns the Time Wounds downstairs which grants players the Time Echo effect to boost spell damage and restore resources.
    • If you account for players getting some of their sustain from Time Echo, you could build for a bit less sustain (e.g., using berserker instead of absorb enchants).
    • Magsorcs should throw their atros at other players, making it easier for other players to get the synergy.
    • Magsorcs and Magblades have good passive self-healing in the form of Crit Surge and Swallow Soul, so they can use Slimecraw. For other classes, you may want to consider Iceheart. Our magplar reported that because they spent fewer GCDs casting active heals, they actually did more damage with Iceheart than with Slimecraw.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As my group uses exclusively stamina DDs, I can't say much about damage optimization on magicka compositions. However there are a few things you should try:
    - Delayed interrupt is absolutely something you should do.
    - Have one player lead the downteam, calling stacks, pins, timestops, ultimates, etc.
    - Stack before getting pinned, so you can immediately spam unpin and don't get desync issues.
    - Stand in every time stop upstairs and coordinate them well downstairs. The pick up increases damage and returns resources, so you want to give them to your strongest DD, unless someone else needs the resources.
    - Time your ultimates well. Go down with a full ultimate and use it early, but time it right so you get the most out of it. For example proc MA after everyone has their full rotation set up and running.
    - Third pin is not a wipe. If you know you will get the third pin when the add is nearly dead, set up all your dots so it ticks down while you are pinned.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thank you all for advices, much appreciated.

A friend from other guild saw this post and PMed me on discord with something we didn't know and you didn't mention it as well. I was always the person sending down time stops, but I couldn't figure out why the buff wasn't appearing. I tried both, staying in time stops to purposely let it stun me, and entering time stop once it finished the proc. None of these worked, they weren't receiving the buff. Now, I was told that the time stops must be send by different players, that there is some sort of internal cd to be able to send the buff down.
    Does anybody know how many time stops must be sent by other players in order to be able to send it again by me?
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on October 2, 2019 2:11PM
  • Nightingale707
    Nightingale707
    ✭✭✭
    It does not matter who takes the time stop but you must be stunned by them -> you cannot have CC immunity, or the group downstairs will not get the buff. So if you delay your breakfree you might need to alternate because you might have CC immunity for the next one.
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It does not matter who takes the time stop but you must be stunned by them -> you cannot have CC immunity, or the group downstairs will not get the buff. So if you delay your breakfree you might need to alternate because you might have CC immunity for the next one.

What happens if two or more players stand within a growing time stop while some of them have CC immunity and some not?

If I understand this correctly, only 1 person without CC immunity can stand in time stop to not mess things up and be sure that the buff will be created. Do I understand it correctly?
  • WrathOfInnos
    WrathOfInnos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure if they’re already doing this, but it helps to cast ground DoTs in the middle of the room right before the portals appear, they will move downstairs with you when you use the portal. When the dragon hits 90/70/50 I just cast self-buffs (surge, Channeled Accel, etc.) then ground DoTs before going downstairs, so I can immediately start placing ST DoTs and Ele Drain on the Servant. Also make sure to grab Olorime and a Warhorn buff before going down (some groups even coordinate for these to have Jorvulds for longer duration).

Stacking for pins definitely helps, since you can instantly unpin and keep DPS’ing. I like to have the group meet up opposite the Negate, so nobody ever has to cross this obstacle. If someone gets pinned while moving, the desynced synergy is always nearby, usually where they were a couple seconds before the pin went out.

One other tip that can add a little DPS is that the first knock back cone is not real, so as soon as you go downstairs you can apply DoTs and not have to worry about dodging.
  • FakeFox
    FakeFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

What happens if two or more players stand within a growing time stop while some of them have CC immunity and some not?

If I understand this correctly, only 1 person without CC immunity can stand in time stop to not mess things up and be sure that the buff will be created. Do I understand it correctly?

From my guilds testing, it does not matter how many players are inside or have CC immunity as long as at least one gets stunned.
    EU/PC (GER) - Healermain since 2014 - 50305 Achievement Points - Youtube (PvE Healing Guides, Builds & Gameplay)
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    OMG guys you're amazing!!!! Thank you all for your advices. With all your advices, especialy the delayed interrupt and right buff sending, we finaly managed to beat Nahviintaas on hard mode.

Screenshot_20191003_221605.png
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on October 3, 2019 9:37PM
  • troomar
    troomar
    ✭✭✭✭
    It wasn't that easy as it may sound :D
    Yes.