Edited by Olupajmibanan on October 2, 2019 11:10AM
I came here to kindly ask for advices on how to clear Nahviintas on HM. Firstly I'll explain how we do it and how far we got.
We are country-locked community so there are minimal possible group composition changes. We don't want to take all fun of the game so we don't force anyone into playing meta classes. Anyone can play what he wants and is experienced with. Our group composition is:
2x Dk tank (in extreme case, one of them can switch to Warden or Templar)
2x templar healer (not changeable)
1x stamsorc (not changeable)
3x magicka sorcerer (not changeable)
1x magicka templar (not changeable)
1x magicka NB (not changeable)
1x magicka DK (not changeable)
1x is a free spot that is filled by someone who can come to trial at a time (usualy stamwarden or magDK).
We kill frost and fire HMs on first pull so that saves us a lot of time.
On HM Nahviintas, we do the very boring but easy tactic:
1) 1st flight phase, same as non-HM
2) kill statue, 0 dmg to boss
3) dmg boss till portals spawn
4) 3 DDs go to portal, the rest of DDs keep damaging boss till adds spawn
5) kill adds, Alkosh's Fate firstly. By this time MT can rest because from now on they can switch normaly on Mark.
6) 2nd flight phase, same as non-HM
7) We repeat the process untill we get past last flight phase. Then we plan (we never got there) to kill the statue and than just put boss to execute phase and complete it.
Our problem is, things upstairs work fine. We can kill adds easily, main tank can survive Mark easily even without Guard (however one healer is using Gossamer) and Soul Tear is outhealed without any problems. The problem is the group downstairs. We can't help them, we can only wish them luck and hope they come back alive. Our best tries are when we get past 3rd flight phase (Eternal Servant killed 2 times). But the third and last attempt on Eternal Servant ends in failure :-(
The three heroes that are going downstairs are a magblade, a magplar and a magsorc. They have specificaly adjusted setups to this fight:
- magblade and magplar have 3x bloothirsty jewelry
- magsorc has lightning blockade
- magsorc procs infused Crusher
- magblade has Master Architect
- CPs, Mundus, Food, all adjusted to this fight
- Major breach and minor magickasteal are present
- they all take Jorvulded Olorime and get Jorvulded Horn and Reviving Barrier before going downstairs.
There are several problems reported by the three portal runners. They specificaly complain about Pin desync. When you get pinned while moving rapidly, the synergy to unpin the player won't work. They changed their tactic to come together before each pin and stop moving. While this solves the desync problem (a bug in the game that makes fight harder than intended) it creates other problems such as unlucky negates and so on.
But the biggest problem is, even if they do things right and everything goes smoothly, they kill Eternal Servant shortly before 3rd Pin. Even the slightest mistake (like putting Negate from Eternal Servant on Storm Attronach) will result in 3rd Pin coming to reality.
Our frustration is growing. The portal runners are getting frustrated because there is absolutely zero tolerance for mistakes on Eternal Servant, and game bugs add even more to the frustration. And the rest is frustrated because we can do nothing about that. There are almost no mechanics upstairs and we only sit on the boss and wait if the group from downstairs come up or calls on discord "it's lost, jump to the fire wall".
We got one advice that we haven't tried yet and that is delaying interrupt on Eternal Servant to buy time. We weren't doing that and interrupted Eternal Servant immediately after it became interruptable.
If you experienced guys know anything that could help, I kindly ask you to share it, please.
Thank you for any advices in advance.