The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PSA: Steam down

CMDR_Un1k0rn
CMDR_Un1k0rn
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Don't worry this is not a whine post.

Just stating the facts. Steam is down so if you play via Steam, you're out of luck tonight.
In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Harrdarrzarr
    Harrdarrzarr
    ✭✭✭
    I can work around the login through steam becuase I got the game before we could bind it through steam. But I can't even login through that.
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Think it may be more than just a steam issue. I don't use steam and can't login. Different errors but mostly login timeout error.
  • Suryoyo
    Suryoyo
    ✭✭✭
    Can't even login from eso64.exe without steam, usually in the past it worked but this time no...
    EU PC.
    Edited by Suryoyo on September 28, 2019 8:53PM
  • EngineeringElf
    EngineeringElf
    ✭✭✭
    Kagukan wrote: »
    Think it may be more than just a steam issue. I don't use steam and can't login. Different errors but mostly login timeout error.

Same. I'm not a steam user and I'm getting the Login timeout error.
  • aubrey.baconb16_ESO
    I'm also failing to log in. EU PC, not Steam.
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    giphy.gif
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I can work around the login through steam becuase I got the game before we could bind it through steam. But I can't even login through that.

Usually I can login without Steam. But every few weeks, I get error "Your account may be inactive at this time." Then I have to launch the game via Steam to be able to login, and the problem goes away for next few weeks.

...Well, today is just that day :D:|
    I've only recently come home and didn't launch the game :/Another day of subscription wasted. Fast fix <3
    Edited by Fischblut on September 28, 2019 9:12PM
  • OsManiaC
    OsManiaC
    ✭✭✭✭
    YAY STEAM!
    GM of The Argonian Kebab, The Argonian Steak & The Argonian BBQ - PC - EU (The Tamriel Kitchen) @OsManiaC

Don't worry, the tail grows back!
    if it breathes we eats. #justbosmerthings - we can detect stealth boy NPCs and hunt them thanks to our skill!

https://steamcommunity.com/id/osmaniac
  • Holmarion19
    Holmarion19
    ✭✭✭
    Same here. tried rebooting PC then doing repair but neither did any good..still unable to log in to game on PC EU (non-Steam)
  • Kagukan
    Kagukan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got in. Whatever the issue was it may be resolved now.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    UPDATE: Steam just went back up on my client. Multiple reports of the same from the Elite Dangerous Discords I'm in.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • karekiz
    karekiz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Back up steam wise. Was about 30 min downtime i think.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's sudden service interruptions like these -- there was no telling for how long Steam was going to be down -- that I recommend ZOS look at automating a lot of daily chores, such as the Hireling timer.
    Suppose Steam was down for a very long time, maybe past the time window someone could play today. They'd miss out on all sorts of things, such as Hireling mail or maybe even the daily reward.

The Hireling mail is especially irritating because the 24-hour timer constantly creeps forward due to not only service interruptions, scheduled maintenance, even in-game mail delay or sudden disconnects. And a lot of players run 8, or even 18 alts.
    A basic change to 20 hours would help a lot in expanding the time window where a player could keep things organized and do them all at once. Instead of having to wait and be careful not to log in to any character until their preferred time to do all their Hireling mail.

A better change would be to simply drop the entire delivery into the Crafting Bag without having to log in on any character.

@ZOS_GinaBruno
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was it ?
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    The Steam login issues affecting players should now be resolved. Please let us know if you still are unable to login to ESO.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post