Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Buff stamblade

• Jagdkommando
    Jagdkommando
    ✭✭✭✭
    Szende wrote: »
    I dont get it, why is the anger about Nightblades. As i noticed, its can stand up against Templars or DK's... if something is too tanky to kill, thats too weak for kill you as well if you know the class. Even medium armor stamblades!

I agree with Relentless, but Incap silence is actually a good, "sneaky" CC what people rarely break. It can be maybe a bit longer cuz' its breakable.

The only problem with most Stamina Nightblade player, is the "tube vision". Get huge dmg, and nothing else matters.

Im sure, ZOS will fix the issues with Stamblades, but its really not much, its far not ruined.
    I feel Stamblades more like rouges now instead a ganking class, what im actually happy for. If they buff Relentless Focus somehow, or rework it i would be happy with the class at all.

For example, i can survive in the chaos of Imperial City at this event for very long. Whole zergs chasing me, but i can escape and get kills while running. Is there any other, squishy class what can do this? I doubt. Please guys do not worry and cry about nightblades, try to adapt instead. I play only stamblade and somehow i were succesful with this patch, so anyone can be.

Just give some love to Relentless and i would be happy with the class ^^
    A stun on incap would allow us to secure kills atm with cast times most of my incaps are dodge. We need major fracture back so we can kill tanks ur lying if u are saying u kill every stam dk u cross the ones that know what they are doing are to tanky.

nightblade vs tanky dk is 100% lost battle, also grims 10% mitigation is NOTHING
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Szende wrote: »
    I dont get it, why is the anger about Nightblades. As i noticed, its can stand up against Templars or DK's... if something is too tanky to kill, thats too weak for kill you as well if you know the class. Even medium armor stamblades!

I agree with Relentless, but Incap silence is actually a good, "sneaky" CC what people rarely break. It can be maybe a bit longer cuz' its breakable.

The only problem with most Stamina Nightblade player, is the "tube vision". Get huge dmg, and nothing else matters.

Im sure, ZOS will fix the issues with Stamblades, but its really not much, its far not ruined.
    I feel Stamblades more like rouges now instead a ganking class, what im actually happy for. If they buff Relentless Focus somehow, or rework it i would be happy with the class at all.

For example, i can survive in the chaos of Imperial City at this event for very long. Whole zergs chasing me, but i can escape and get kills while running. Is there any other, squishy class what can do this? I doubt. Please guys do not worry and cry about nightblades, try to adapt instead. I play only stamblade and somehow i were succesful with this patch, so anyone can be.

Just give some love to Relentless and i would be happy with the class ^^
    A stun on incap would allow us to secure kills atm with cast times most of my incaps are dodge. We need major fracture back so we can kill tanks ur lying if u are saying u kill every stam dk u cross the ones that know what they are doing are to tanky.

nightblade vs tanky dk is 100% lost battle, also grims 10% mitigation is NOTHING
    Yup exactly.
  • Szende
    Szende
    ✭✭✭
    I have in unbuffed state 2500 WD and 35k stamina. Using spriggan set, 2h Maul with sharpened trait. I feel it enough against armor. Also i play only CP PvP, so i keep people always Off-Balanced wich means 10% more dmg on them almost all time. (and bosmer penetration too)

Without Major debuffs my maul's effect is stronger, so dont lose too much penetration, but its can be cleansed atleast.

Incapaciting Strike can be tricky, if you use it while they dodging. So the ulti land right after they done with the dodge, wich also intresting mechanism.

I didnt say, i can kill everyone. Nobody can kill everyone. I say, if something is too tanky to me, thats already a "troll tank" or somekind of healer/support setup wich cannot harm me as well. In other situations when i die, i made mistakes, beacuse im a human as anyone else.

Everything have a solution. For me Stamblade feels like, a pretty tricky, rouge class. As i said, the only bad thing about them is the actual Relentless Focus.

Its of course just my point of view. My experience.
    PC-EU
    Kyra Leith - PvP Stamina Nightblade
  • Jagdkommando
    Jagdkommando
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno , @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , @ZOS_BrianWheeler , @ZOS_MattFiror , @ZOS_KaiSchober

I play stamblade since the beginning. Also that is my only char, so i dont play/like twinks(of course i tested all available classes and builds, but didnt play them).
    So what i can say is:
    1. Nightblades really nerfed hard (both for pvp and pve, plus that awful cast time on ultis which makes Incap useless againts exped players, just believe me)
    2. In terms of pve dps, yes NBs were one of the best if not the best dps class (of course with right build and RIGHT rotation). I was pulling 70k+ dps in 4ppl dungeons during Murkmire with normal group. At the moment dps went down too much with all the changes ZOS made. So you may ask where is the problem. And the answer is DLC dungeons. Even back then DLCs HMs are too difficult for us(exped players/ extreme damage dealers) due to mechanics. But for now i can imagine how difficult those will become after all the nerfs cuz im not playing since Wrathstone (not only to Nightblade but to EVERYTHING in the game). Zos if you want to sell new content to players you have to make sure they can pass it.... i met too many CP1000+ players who were wiping there like lvl 13 characters.....
    3. Class identity ruined both for stam and mag blades (also for other classes too), we DONT need defensive features on offensive skills (Grim Focus)!!!!!!! Our defense was the offense we HAD!

P.S. Players expecting their power goes up and not goes down. The name of this phenomenon is FUN. If players wont feel fun, they will NOT pay you money, yes maybe your statistics tell you opposite at the moment, but for long run this is wrong strategy and you will feel it believe me. Players like fun and even a bit IMBA things about their classes as well (I'm not saying dont balance them, but make sure that fun is present). Also about pvp and Zergs: I personally prefer fast paced combat than 20 mins 2 players cant kill each other.... This is PERVERSION! About zerg groups in Cyro: imagine real life situation, you fight alone against 20 people, it is obvious that you gonna loose and there is no way for you to win the battle (sure if you dont have mini nuclear bomb in your pocket). So zerg groups must kill solo players... This is normal.
    Please take in consideration all this things your community tells you...
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've had a mess around on stamblade this patch and I don't see a point in the class anymore, all it ever had was nice single target burst and now thats gone the class is useless.

Every other class can brawl better.
    So many counters to cloak now its stupid, stam sorc, any templar, any dw user etc.. all completely counter cloak.

Other classes have better burst.

It's just straight up impossible to kill most builds/ classes now and nb was all about burst but everyones so tanky, high hp and multiple passive healing thats its impossible.

So now the class is useless in a group, useless single target? Whats the point?

May just go keep playing my templars they seem to be the stupidly uncessary buffed class this patch xD, so much passive dmg/ healing and that stupidly broken bubble skill.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So what exactly is the issue with NB? I was thinking about it and trying to figure out what the class needs. I think it’s the missing sources of vitality or mending but am not sure. You used to be able to build NBs to be tanky but burst feels up this patch on every class except NB.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »
    So what exactly is the issue with NB? I was thinking about it and trying to figure out what the class needs. I think it’s the missing sources of vitality or mending but am not sure. You used to be able to build NBs to be tanky but burst feels up this patch on every class except NB.
    What we really need back is major fracture more then anything back on surprise attack that was our tool for tanks. Minor mending certainly would be good especially in dot meta and I was thinking dot on ambush like lotus fan that really help damage and put a lot of pressure on tanks.
    Edited by Deathlord92 on September 9, 2019 6:36AM
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stibbons wrote: »
    Stamblades are strong in this patch.

In what setting? I’ve yet to come across one.

Stamblade is very weak. As the guys who just recently pulled his out of retirement. Did to experience this weakness in his Stamblade last week. Again this is a guy that's no even that specialized in Stamblade.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwBGhQCVO44

Stamblade is in need of a buff what??????????????????????????????????????????????????
  • Thanatos_inside
    Thanatos_inside
    ✭✭✭

Stamblade is very weak. As the guys who just recently pulled his out of retirement. Did to experience this weakness in his Stamblade last week. Again this is a guy that's no even that specialized in Stamblade.

Stamblade is in need of a buff what??????????????????????????????????????????????????

He killed total noobs in the video. its real at any class
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Prove that they was total noobs. The only ones that seem like total noobs. Are those asking for stamblade buffs in my eyes.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Pretty much, any class can go 20+ and 0 vs new players.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • OG_Kaveman
    OG_Kaveman
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Prove that they was total noobs. The only ones that seem like total noobs. Are those asking for stamblade buffs in my eyes.

prove that they are not.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All I saw was you:

a) riding around in cyrodil snipespamming random loners that barely made any effort to even heal themselves
    b) Low mmr bg with un experienced players barely able to heal or deal damage

Don´t need proof when you´re providing it for us :)
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The issue with nightblade is that majority of Cyrodil plays very tanky builds that can’t be bursted by one person and they get their damage by having multiple players target a individual with multiple ultimates. These kind of builds limit nightblades effectiveness because if the class is designed for bursting solo targets but everyone builds in a way that they can’t be bursted by a solo player then what is nightblade really good for.

The problem though is that stamblade damage is still very threatening to those of us that are playing in damage sets. When I fight a stamblade I have to be very careful so I don’t get bursted. If you buff their damage more I will have no choice but to build a tanky build as well. The better option would be to find the underlying problem which is tank builds in general and nerf them. This will allow stamblades to still function the way they were designed without giving them oppressive damage to be able to burst down a tank and making it to where a player in damage sets can’t compete at all.

• FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The issue with nightblade is that majority of Cyrodil plays very tanky builds that can’t be bursted by one person and they get their damage by having multiple players target a individual with multiple ultimates. These kind of builds limit nightblades effectiveness because if the class is designed for bursting solo targets but everyone builds in a way that they can’t be bursted by a solo player then what is nightblade really good for.

The problem though is that stamblade damage is still very threatening to those of us that are playing in damage sets. When I fight a stamblade I have to be very careful so I don’t get bursted. If you buff their damage more I will have no choice but to build a tanky build as well. The better option would be to find the underlying problem which is tank builds in general and nerf them. This will allow stamblades to still function the way they were designed without giving them oppressive damage to be able to burst down a tank and making it to where a player in damage sets can’t compete at all.

I disagree with you.

I personally believe all that needs to be done. Is to take away damage from tank builds and heavy armor. Once that has happen and proper archtypes are reestablished (Tank - Healer - Damage Dealer). The game would be in a much healthier state without buffing Stamblade which already has 2nd to none burst damage.

There is no need to completely make tanking unavailable in PvP. Just make tanks unable to deal competitive damage, to squishy damage dealers.

TL/DR

The issue is that heavy armor set deals relative damage, as medium and light armor sets while sacificing nothing. Not that Stamblade is weak and needs buffs.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What is this lol ok now I encourage you to 1v1 a good player lol 😂
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I have been playing stamblade since eso release and this is the first time I ever ask for a buff forgive me for getting bored after 30 minutes trying to kill an unkillable hvy stam dk with stupid damage still or be slaughtered by overkill magplar with ridiculous damage.
  • IamDestiny
    IamDestiny
    ✭✭✭
    So whats wrong with stamblade at the moment:

#1 Shadow Image: I dont know why this skill needed a cost increase but for some reason zos thought it would be used as an offensive skill rather than an utility skill.

#2 Fear: Since they increased the cost of Shadow Image any stamblade is gonna drop the class fear that provides less utility than turn evil (which is insane).

#3 Onslaught: Its the only skill that makes stamblades even a threat to good players and that is because its super broken.

#4 Incap: Is useless.
  • milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    milesrodneymcneely2_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lokey0024 wrote: »
    You have Mark. A no cost, from stealth debuff to add to the already nuke opener combo.
    That anyone with enough neurons to form a synapse can see coming from a mile away.
  • Ozazz
    Ozazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    if they reverted cast time to incap and reduce this dot sh** it would alleviate the position the class is in. it's 100% worse than the former patch as continuously with every patch for a traditional stamblade.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I disagree with you.

I personally believe all that needs to be done. Is to take away damage from tank builds and heavy armor. Once that has happen and proper archtypes are reestablished (Tank - Healer - Damage Dealer). The game would be in a much healthier state without buffing Stamblade which already has 2nd to none burst damage.

There is no need to completely make tanking unavailable in PvP. Just make tanks unable to deal competitive damage, to squishy damage dealers.

TL/DR

The issue is that heavy armor set deals relative damage, as medium and light armor sets while sacificing nothing. Not that Stamblade is weak and needs buffs.

This is sort of it, but the larger issue I think is stamblade can’t participate in the heavy armour tank meta.

With dark cloak and merciless the mitigation is there, but cloak doesn’t make up the lack of self healing. You can build tanky, but never heal enough to stay up against two opponents.

Plus Shadowy disguise has a lot of counters. Good players use them, new players don’t. That’s why most NBs run solo looking for soft targets, it’s their forte, but in the high end of pvp you’re going to get leashes and killed really fast. The class is too limited to where it can shine and do well.

Imagine when health desyncs and the like are fixed. Stamblades won’t get any kills at all.
    Edited by Iskiab on September 11, 2019 3:53AM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just want the old gimm focus back
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    give back SA major fracture
    -dk have it with a aoe spamable + dots
    -warden have it with a massive aoe burst
    -templar have it with a delayed damage debuff

revert relentless focus to 15%

incap stun in 70 ult, no silence no defile

give nightblade source prebuff major brutality / sorcery, put it in siphoning strikes or something
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    evoniee wrote: »

give nightblade source prebuff major brutality / sorcery, put it in siphoning strikes or something
    Completely agree this would put us on par with templars damage they can’t just outright nuke us if pressure is there.
    Edited by Deathlord92 on September 11, 2019 12:40PM
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes ZOS please do this. So it becomes run a Nightblade or get rekt again. Have people not had a enough of Nightblades being completely overpowered for what was it 18 months.

Yes ZOS please make my already powerful Stamblade either more broken just cause.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes ZOS please do this. So it becomes run a Nightblade or get rekt again. Have people not had a enough of Nightblades being completely overpowered for what was it 18 months.

Yes ZOS please make my already powerful Stamblade either more broken just cause.
    Yeah yeah your right sorry we should totally keep it as run a templar or get rekt my bad.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Even when stamblade was op there were still a few classes that could compete. Magsorc has for the most part always been just flat out better than stamblade and stamden was also just as good. So we’ve never actually been in a “run a nightblade or get rekt meta” I think for the most part stamblade is balanced because it’s right in the middle of the pack. It works well against certain builds and not so well against others. I wouldn’t say it’s broken. there are a handful of classes that are better or just as good as a stamblade. There are also a bunch of classes nowhere near as good as stamblade.
  • evoniee
    evoniee
    ✭✭✭✭
    i would main a dizzy swing stamdk if i know stamblade gonna be a nerfed to the ground class.

killers blade = executioner
    surprise attack + evil hunter + leeching strikes = DIZZY SWING FTW
    incap = the mighty take flight / onslaught not op btw Kappa
    mark + poison injection = noxious breath
    2x dark cloak = 1x cauterize

the only thing unique and useful is shadow image which is getting nerfed this patch.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ~{Snip}~

the only thing unique and useful is shadow image which is getting nerfed this patch.

Where is your source for this?
  • Ragnaroek93
    Ragnaroek93
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Funny how you always post videos from other people and pull them out of context, just to proof your point. Maybe record a footage by yourself (yes a footage, not a silly BG highlight screenshot).

Edit: What is this even? At least post a footage from someone who is good at the class lol...
    Edited by Ragnaroek93 on September 12, 2019 9:22AM
    I used to think that PvP was a tragedy, but now I realize, it's a comedy.