Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23
• Xbox One: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®4: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – September 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• ESO Website for maintenance – September 26, 7:00AM EDT (11:00 UTC) - 11:00AM EDT (15:00 UTC)
Update 24 and the Dragonhold DLC Game Pack are both now available for testing on the PTS! Experience the amazing conclusion to the Season of the Dragon saga. You can read the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/493609/ 

so, do you hate imperial city yet?

  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    for all you that just got it free and got to experience it first hand how did you like it?

    gankers, hunter kill BG groups chasing down solo pve players, raids hiding in stealth waiting to jump groups.

    how long before you raged.

    how long before you said "F this" and left IC

    if your wondering, it has never been good, this is as good as it gets, it will never be enjoyable, other pvp modes are far more fun so I recommend joining in on BG's or cyro, IC is trash, end.

    PvP in this game is just about who can exploit OR cheat the hardest. Most. Not all. There's nothing fun about it. Never will be.
    As someone who was in first place in a certain BGs for awhile, I heavily recommend staying away from it as well. It's got the same exploit lovers in it. The higher you go, the more toxic it will get. I stopped it after awhile because the extreme toxicity was there just like the teabagging Cyrodiil PvPers.

    Pvp in this game was a long processof getter better when you used to have to basically die a lot to get better. Then after a long time of gettig better it alls becomes pointless as zos decided that instead of trying to help people get better they'd rather cater to lazy whiners and 'lower the ceiling'.

    Bascially closing the gap because people are too lazy to get better and are to used to how easy mode most of the pve is. They can't handle that this type of combat is fast paced and requires more then throwing down a ground dot and light attacking things to death.
    PS4 EU DC

    Current CP : 756+

    I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.


    RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »
    To be honest, I wish it was even less 'solo PvE' friendly and still stand by the fact that you should HAVE to be risking 10k(5k) or something there to even contribute to flag caps etc.

    Yeah, make the baseline PvP experience as painful as possible so it will remain a place just for jerks!

    Great idea ZoS, are you paying attention?

    Or you could take the time all of them did to become good at pvp.

    That is the expectation now. New people need to be good before they can enjoy something and prey on others instead.

    I am sure that will work great with a company that wants to get general people involved, right?

    Well you're complaining about PVP being painful, god forbid you have to put in the same effort into pvp as you do in pve, but asking to be good at games is too much now. They've made it pretty easy to enjoy the event if you pve without ever having to enter and the city is meant to be pvp so, yes, the expectation is that you pvp. You can join farming groups for sewers and districts if you need safety in numbers so you dont even have to be that good at pvp either. This is also the 4th or 5th IC event and nothing has really changed besides the addition of siege merits. Maybe it's because this is how ZOS inended the area and event.

    Uh. Point of Order here.

    You do remember that this conversation started with someone asking to make the Imperial City event even harder than it normally is, right?

    Specifically,
    BNOC wrote: »
    To be honest, I wish it was even less 'solo PvE' friendly and still stand by the fact that you should HAVE to be risking 10k(5k) or something there to even contribute to flag caps etc.

    You are berating FlopsyPrince for not wanting to "get good" at regular PVP, when they were objecting to not wanting PVP to be made even harder than it normally is. Not the same thing at all.

    For that matter, I'm a PVPer and I think its a terrible idea to make IC harder than it is. ZOS designed it so we have the freedom to decide how many Tel Var stones we carry at any given time and I like that just the way it is!

    The conversation started that way, but we're on page 9 now. It's changed and evolved a bit, try to keep up.


    I'm telling him to get better at pvp because "Yeah, make the baseline PvP experience as painful as possible". This is a pvp zone and the suggestion of adding requirements to the flag capture or more pvp elements could be useful. I forgot it's 2019 though and asking people to do better and not accepting "well i tried" as good enough is out of style. Hey, maybe ZOS will add the ability to buy flags in crown store now because people are tired of running around recapturing the same content.
  • GhostofDatthaw
    GhostofDatthaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »
    To be honest, I wish it was even less 'solo PvE' friendly and still stand by the fact that you should HAVE to be risking 10k(5k) or something there to even contribute to flag caps etc.

    Yeah, make the baseline PvP experience as painful as possible so it will remain a place just for jerks!

    Great idea ZoS, are you paying attention?

    Or you could take the time all of them did to become good at pvp.

    That is the expectation now. New people need to be good before they can enjoy something and prey on others instead.

    I am sure that will work great with a company that wants to get general people involved, right?

    Well you're complaining about PVP being painful, god forbid you have to put in the same effort into pvp as you do in pve, but asking to be good at games is too much now. They've made it pretty easy to enjoy the event if you pve without ever having to enter and the city is meant to be pvp so, yes, the expectation is that you pvp. You can join farming groups for sewers and districts if you need safety in numbers so you dont even have to be that good at pvp either. This is also the 4th or 5th IC event and nothing has really changed besides the addition of siege merits. Maybe it's because this is how ZOS inended the area and event.

    Uh. Point of Order here.

    You do remember that this conversation started with someone asking to make the Imperial City event even harder than it normally is, right?

    Specifically,
    BNOC wrote: »
    To be honest, I wish it was even less 'solo PvE' friendly and still stand by the fact that you should HAVE to be risking 10k(5k) or something there to even contribute to flag caps etc.

    You are berating FlopsyPrince for not wanting to "get good" at regular PVP, when they were objecting to not wanting PVP to be made even harder than it normally is. Not the same thing at all.

    For that matter, I'm a PVPer and I think its a terrible idea to make IC harder than it is. ZOS designed it so we have the freedom to decide how many Tel Var stones we carry at any given time and I like that just the way it is!

    Hey, maybe ZOS will add the ability to buy flags in crown store now because people are tired of running around recapturing the same content.

    Lol this guy sees the future
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BNOC wrote: »
    To be honest, I wish it was even less 'solo PvE' friendly and still stand by the fact that you should HAVE to be risking 10k(5k) or something there to even contribute to flag caps etc.

    Yeah, make the baseline PvP experience as painful as possible so it will remain a place just for jerks!

    Great idea ZoS, are you paying attention?

    Or you could take the time all of them did to become good at pvp.

    That is the expectation now. New people need to be good before they can enjoy something and prey on others instead.

    I am sure that will work great with a company that wants to get general people involved, right?

    Well you're complaining about PVP being painful, god forbid you have to put in the same effort into pvp as you do in pve, but asking to be good at games is too much now. They've made it pretty easy to enjoy the event if you pve without ever having to enter and the city is meant to be pvp so, yes, the expectation is that you pvp. You can join farming groups for sewers and districts if you need safety in numbers so you dont even have to be that good at pvp either. This is also the 4th or 5th IC event and nothing has really changed besides the addition of siege merits. Maybe it's because this is how ZOS inended the area and event.

    Uh. Point of Order here.

    You do remember that this conversation started with someone asking to make the Imperial City event even harder than it normally is, right?

    Specifically,
    BNOC wrote: »
    To be honest, I wish it was even less 'solo PvE' friendly and still stand by the fact that you should HAVE to be risking 10k(5k) or something there to even contribute to flag caps etc.

    You are berating FlopsyPrince for not wanting to "get good" at regular PVP, when they were objecting to not wanting PVP to be made even harder than it normally is. Not the same thing at all.

    For that matter, I'm a PVPer and I think its a terrible idea to make IC harder than it is. ZOS designed it so we have the freedom to decide how many Tel Var stones we carry at any given time and I like that just the way it is!

    The conversation started that way, but we're on page 9 now. It's changed and evolved a bit, try to keep up.


    I'm telling him to get better at pvp because "Yeah, make the baseline PvP experience as painful as possible". This is a pvp zone and the suggestion of adding requirements to the flag capture or more pvp elements could be useful. I forgot it's 2019 though and asking people to do better and not accepting "well i tried" as good enough is out of style. Hey, maybe ZOS will add the ability to buy flags in crown store now because people are tired of running around recapturing the same content.

    Question.

    Do you want us to play Imperial City as ZOS intended?

    Or do you want Imperial City made harder than ZOS intended?

    Because you keep flopping back and forth on it. I'm going to limit this to the specific conversation that's been going on since BNOC's comment, since context is rather important.

    BNOC wants IC made harder than it is, by imposing a 5 to 10k Tel Var requirement on flipping flags where ZOS didnt intend that.

    FlopsyPrince thinks that's a bad idea that makes IC harder for new players. I agree, and moreover, I think adding those requirements is a terrible idea that infringes on ZOS intention that I get to carry however many Tel Var stones I want without being locked out of content or the ability to do things in IC.

    I can't tell what you think. You told FlopsyPrince to "get good" when they objected to IC being made harder. Then, you told them to play the Imperial City event as intended and unchanged for several events - which, I note, doesn't include BNOC's suggestion. Then, you turn around and start talking about how maybe ZOS should start changing flags and adding requirements after all to make the zone harder and players should get better. I hope you see where that's got me confused.

    Which do you want?
    Do you want us to play Imperial City as ZOS currently intends and intended for the last several IC events?
    Or do you want Imperial City made harder than ZOS intended by adding further requirements?

    I'm willing to debate this farther, either way you go, but I need to know where you actually stand.
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭
    [/quote]

    Question.

    Do you want us to play Imperial City as ZOS intended?

    Or do you want Imperial City made harder than ZOS intended?

    Because you keep flopping back and forth on it. I'm going to limit this to the specific conversation that's been going on since BNOC's comment, since context is rather important.

    BNOC wants IC made harder than it is, by imposing a 5 to 10k Tel Var requirement on flipping flags where ZOS didnt intend that.

    FlopsyPrince thinks that's a bad idea that makes IC harder for new players. I agree, and moreover, I think adding those requirements is a terrible idea that infringes on ZOS intention that I get to carry however many Tel Var stones I want without being locked out of content or the ability to do things in IC.

    I can't tell what you think. You told FlopsyPrince to "get good" when they objected to IC being made harder. Then, you told them to play the Imperial City event as intended and unchanged for several events - which, I note, doesn't include BNOC's suggestion. Then, you turn around and start talking about how maybe ZOS should start changing flags and adding requirements after all to make the zone harder and players should get better. I hope you see where that's got me confused.

    Which do you want?
    Do you want us to play Imperial City as ZOS currently intends and intended for the last several IC events?
    Or do you want Imperial City made harder than ZOS intended by adding further requirements?

    I'm willing to debate this farther, either way you go, but I need to know where you actually stand.[/quote]

    Do you just randomly reply to everything without reading it?

    I said i was OK WITH ADDING REQUIREMENTS, that's not automatically 5k tel var, take a second to breath and stop freaking out. You can retie the IC campaiwns to the 30day campaigns and you could only flip flags for your home campaign. IC wouldn't have the faction lock that Cyro does though.

    The baseline of pvp isn't flag flipping and tel var so it wouldn't make it in any feasible way harder for new players. He also said "That is the expectation now. New people need to be good before they can enjoy something and prey on others instead.

    I am sure that will work great with a company that wants to get general people involved, right?" I pointed out this is exactly what's intended and hasn't changed so making it harder wouldn't really be against that. The can make the PVP "harder" or more meaning without it affected new players.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭
    This thread has been locked due to flopping back and forth with no apparent direction. Yes I hate it, No I love it, No I hate it, Yes I love it.
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to note, imperial city was not really designed as PvP, originally you had to hold emperor to enter, and you could kill any stragglers that stayed in there after a flip but then only your faction could enter. but people didn't like being locked out so they made it a free for all.

    I totally forgot about that lol

    EDIT: this change was made after it released on PC but before It dropped on console IIRC
    Edited by magictucktuck on September 12, 2019 3:46PM
    PC-NA

    Necromancer

    Flawless Conqueror

    https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

    Do you just randomly reply to everything without reading it?

    I said i was OK WITH ADDING REQUIREMENTS, that's not automatically 5k tel var, take a second to breath and stop freaking out. You can retie the IC campaiwns to the 30day campaigns and you could only flip flags for your home campaign. IC wouldn't have the faction lock that Cyro does though.

    The baseline of pvp isn't flag flipping and tel var so it wouldn't make it in any feasible way harder for new players. He also said "That is the expectation now. New people need to be good before they can enjoy something and prey on others instead.

    I am sure that will work great with a company that wants to get general people involved, right?" I pointed out this is exactly what's intended and hasn't changed so making it harder wouldn't really be against that. The can make the PVP "harder" or more meaning without it affected new players.

    I clipped the rest of the conversation to fix the formatting error on the quote.

    I did read your comment saying requirements could be added, which is why I was confused, because it contradicted your earlier comment about how FlopsyPrince needs to play IC as intended via the last several IC events which have no requirements.

    Thanks for clarifying. You are okay with adding requirements - of some sort to be determined later - to Imperial City, which would change Imperial City from how ZOS currently intends it to be played.

    I appreciate knowing that.

    Now, let's dig into your argument.

    1."Re-tie Imperial City to the 30-day campaigns."

    Why exactly would ZOS revert a change they just made that improves performance issues in Cyrodiil? No offense, IC, but this 30-day campaigner doesnt want IC re-tied to the campaign, counting against our population queue and hurting performance.


    2. "The baseline of pvp isn't flag flipping and tel var so it wouldn't make it in any feasible way harder for new players."

    False. Flag-flipping and Tel Var is integral to playing PVP in Imperial City as currently intended by ZOS. Flag flipping is currently (though it wasn't always) required to capture a district in order to benefit from the increased Tel Var bonuses. So yes, adding requirements would make it harder for ALL players to engage in flag flipping because currently, the only requirement is that you can kill 3 NPC guards and survive there long enough to flip the flag.

    Tel Var is...how the heck is that NOT a baseline of PVP in Imperial City? Its the main reason for players to attack each other! (Not the only reason, sure, but certainly the most lucrative reason.) If Tel Var requirements are added in order to participate in some IC activities, yes, it makes it harder for ALL players. Currently, you can do 100% of Imperial City while carrying 0 Tel Var around.

    And for both of those situations, new players will always have it worse than experienced PVPers.


    3. "I pointed out this is exactly what's intended and hasn't changed so making it harder wouldn't really be against that."

    It makes no sense to argue "this (from context of FlopsyPrince's response, "this" means the status quo) is intended" AND "making it harder wouldn't change what's intended".

    Um...actually? Adding requirements to the status quo that's currently how ZOS intends for Imperial City to be played DOES mean changing the current intentions to make it harder. Adding requirements that didnt exist before makes those activities harder than currently intended. That's what happens when you add requirements.


    Needless to say, I disagree with adding more requirements than we already have. I think the current baseline of Imperial City is hard enough for new players as it is and doesnt need more requirements added. For that matter, as a more experienced PVPer myself, I dislike the suggested additional requirements because I have yet to see any reason why adding further requirements than we already have is not harmful, but rather necessary or beneficial to the Imperial City as a whole.
  • DocDova
    DocDova
    ✭✭✭
    Most fun I ever had in imperial sewers was with my friend, I never went like 200 meters away from our base and he on his tank, took me to doorsteps of opposing faction, I didn't knew sewers are so huge and then he used recall stone and left me there.

    I had to take a walk back, luckily only a flag boss took me down once and I pressed 'x' instead of square. It was a prank well played.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care if requirements are added or not.

    I would just like to see a way for people to truly learn, not just be gank targets. And to quit making it really easy to get ganked while pursuing daily tickets. (The dungeon runs are not a good alternative in my view since they are even more death inducing, at least for me.)

    I am rather ambivalent otherwise.

    I would probably try out PvP things more if I could play with a group that were just as good (and bad) as I am. But that is not possible as things are designed here, so I either become the ongoing target or avoid it altogether.

    I play to have fun, not just to make someone else have fun. The latter is fine, but it must include some aspect of the former. It unfortunately does not now.
    PS4
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to note, imperial city was not really designed as PvP, originally you had to hold emperor to enter, and you could kill any stragglers that stayed in there after a flip but then only your faction could enter. but people didn't like being locked out so they made it a free for all.

    I totally forgot about that lol

    EDIT: this change was made after it released on PC but before It dropped on console IIRC

    Originally you had to hold the keeps outside the enterance.

    Pretty sure it dropped at the same time on pc as it did console. IC was 1.7, console dropped with 1.6.
    PS4 EU DC

    Current CP : 756+

    I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.


    RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care if requirements are added or not.

    I would just like to see a way for people to truly learn, not just be gank targets. And to quit making it really easy to get ganked while pursuing daily tickets. (The dungeon runs are not a good alternative in my view since they are even more death inducing, at least for me.)

    I am rather ambivalent otherwise.

    I would probably try out PvP things more if I could play with a group that were just as good (and bad) as I am. But that is not possible as things are designed here, so I either become the ongoing target or avoid it altogether.

    I play to have fun, not just to make someone else have fun. The latter is fine, but it must include some aspect of the former. It unfortunately does not now.
    Finding a Group:
    The best way to learn is to practice. If you want a group to practice PVP with, your best bet is to look for a PVP guild. I stumbled into mine by following a particular group that I noticed as doing really well. Its harder to find a good group just by wandering around, so answering LFG calls or looking for a guild is going to get better results.

    If you want to practice on your own, vMA is the best non-PVP practice you'll ever get for PVP because it effectively teaches you to balance target prioritization, tankiness, self-healing, and damage-dealing.

    Having fun:
    ZOS doesn't design every part of every event for everyone to have fun. ZOS doesnt even design every piece of content for everyone to have fun.
    Different strokes for different folks.

    DLC Dungeons:
    Personally, I think the learning curve to do well in the DLC dungeons is a lot less punishing than the learning curve for doing well in PVP. After all, the boss mechanics don't change and there are no surprises once you've learned what to do.
    The same principle of having a group helps in PVE too. Its often easier to do harder dungeons if you have a group of capable guildies willing to run with you and explain mechanics.
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭

    Do you just randomly reply to everything without reading it?

    I said i was OK WITH ADDING REQUIREMENTS, that's not automatically 5k tel var, take a second to breath and stop freaking out. You can retie the IC campaiwns to the 30day campaigns and you could only flip flags for your home campaign. IC wouldn't have the faction lock that Cyro does though.

    The baseline of pvp isn't flag flipping and tel var so it wouldn't make it in any feasible way harder for new players. He also said "That is the expectation now. New people need to be good before they can enjoy something and prey on others instead.

    I am sure that will work great with a company that wants to get general people involved, right?" I pointed out this is exactly what's intended and hasn't changed so making it harder wouldn't really be against that. The can make the PVP "harder" or more meaning without it affected new players.

    I clipped the rest of the conversation to fix the formatting error on the quote.

    I did read your comment saying requirements could be added, which is why I was confused, because it contradicted your earlier comment about how FlopsyPrince needs to play IC as intended via the last several IC events which have no requirements.

    Thanks for clarifying. You are okay with adding requirements - of some sort to be determined later - to Imperial City, which would change Imperial City from how ZOS currently intends it to be played.

    I appreciate knowing that.

    Now, let's dig into your argument.

    1."Re-tie Imperial City to the 30-day campaigns."

    Why exactly would ZOS revert a change they just made that improves performance issues in Cyrodiil? No offense, IC, but this 30-day campaigner doesnt want IC re-tied to the campaign, counting against our population queue and hurting performance.


    2. "The baseline of pvp isn't flag flipping and tel var so it wouldn't make it in any feasible way harder for new players."

    False. Flag-flipping and Tel Var is integral to playing PVP in Imperial City as currently intended by ZOS. Flag flipping is currently (though it wasn't always) required to capture a district in order to benefit from the increased Tel Var bonuses. So yes, adding requirements would make it harder for ALL players to engage in flag flipping because currently, the only requirement is that you can kill 3 NPC guards and survive there long enough to flip the flag.

    Tel Var is...how the heck is that NOT a baseline of PVP in Imperial City? Its the main reason for players to attack each other! (Not the only reason, sure, but certainly the most lucrative reason.) If Tel Var requirements are added in order to participate in some IC activities, yes, it makes it harder for ALL players. Currently, you can do 100% of Imperial City while carrying 0 Tel Var around.

    And for both of those situations, new players will always have it worse than experienced PVPers.


    3. "I pointed out this is exactly what's intended and hasn't changed so making it harder wouldn't really be against that."

    It makes no sense to argue "this (from context of FlopsyPrince's response, "this" means the status quo) is intended" AND "making it harder wouldn't change what's intended".

    Um...actually? Adding requirements to the status quo that's currently how ZOS intends for Imperial City to be played DOES mean changing the current intentions to make it harder. Adding requirements that didnt exist before makes those activities harder than currently intended. That's what happens when you add requirements.


    Needless to say, I disagree with adding more requirements than we already have. I think the current baseline of Imperial City is hard enough for new players as it is and doesnt need more requirements added. For that matter, as a more experienced PVPer myself, I dislike the suggested additional requirements because I have yet to see any reason why adding further requirements than we already have is not harmful, but rather necessary or beneficial to the Imperial City as a whole.

    1. Does it have to be in Cyodiil to be part of the campaign or can the code it differently? Can it have it's own server and own population but your AP gained still gains towards your Cyro home campaign as it would be the IC inside it? Do you see beyond black and white?

    2. Tel Var is an added bonus and pvp is in no way dependent on it. Flag flipping is just a way to gain added tel var but beyond that has no real affect on the zone. I"m saying if you add someting like having to be that faction to flip the zone or something could add some extra dynamic but the way people whine about it already, adding anything beyond stand there is beyond most people.

    3. Adding a requirement like home campaign makes it "harder" so it would still work as intended (capturing flags/zones for your faction). You can add some small requirements and maintain the status quo, it doesn't have to be the apocalyptic event your mind is stuck on.

    4. Again he was complaining that that would make the baseline of pvp harder, it wouldn't. Please stop trying to poison the well, you're being very disingenuous here.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

    Do you just randomly reply to everything without reading it?

    I said i was OK WITH ADDING REQUIREMENTS, that's not automatically 5k tel var, take a second to breath and stop freaking out. You can retie the IC campaiwns to the 30day campaigns and you could only flip flags for your home campaign. IC wouldn't have the faction lock that Cyro does though.

    The baseline of pvp isn't flag flipping and tel var so it wouldn't make it in any feasible way harder for new players. He also said "That is the expectation now. New people need to be good before they can enjoy something and prey on others instead.

    I am sure that will work great with a company that wants to get general people involved, right?" I pointed out this is exactly what's intended and hasn't changed so making it harder wouldn't really be against that. The can make the PVP "harder" or more meaning without it affected new players.

    I clipped the rest of the conversation to fix the formatting error on the quote.

    I did read your comment saying requirements could be added, which is why I was confused, because it contradicted your earlier comment about how FlopsyPrince needs to play IC as intended via the last several IC events which have no requirements.

    Thanks for clarifying. You are okay with adding requirements - of some sort to be determined later - to Imperial City, which would change Imperial City from how ZOS currently intends it to be played.

    I appreciate knowing that.

    Now, let's dig into your argument.

    1."Re-tie Imperial City to the 30-day campaigns."

    Why exactly would ZOS revert a change they just made that improves performance issues in Cyrodiil? No offense, IC, but this 30-day campaigner doesnt want IC re-tied to the campaign, counting against our population queue and hurting performance.


    2. "The baseline of pvp isn't flag flipping and tel var so it wouldn't make it in any feasible way harder for new players."

    False. Flag-flipping and Tel Var is integral to playing PVP in Imperial City as currently intended by ZOS. Flag flipping is currently (though it wasn't always) required to capture a district in order to benefit from the increased Tel Var bonuses. So yes, adding requirements would make it harder for ALL players to engage in flag flipping because currently, the only requirement is that you can kill 3 NPC guards and survive there long enough to flip the flag.

    Tel Var is...how the heck is that NOT a baseline of PVP in Imperial City? Its the main reason for players to attack each other! (Not the only reason, sure, but certainly the most lucrative reason.) If Tel Var requirements are added in order to participate in some IC activities, yes, it makes it harder for ALL players. Currently, you can do 100% of Imperial City while carrying 0 Tel Var around.

    And for both of those situations, new players will always have it worse than experienced PVPers.


    3. "I pointed out this is exactly what's intended and hasn't changed so making it harder wouldn't really be against that."

    It makes no sense to argue "this (from context of FlopsyPrince's response, "this" means the status quo) is intended" AND "making it harder wouldn't change what's intended".

    Um...actually? Adding requirements to the status quo that's currently how ZOS intends for Imperial City to be played DOES mean changing the current intentions to make it harder. Adding requirements that didnt exist before makes those activities harder than currently intended. That's what happens when you add requirements.


    Needless to say, I disagree with adding more requirements than we already have. I think the current baseline of Imperial City is hard enough for new players as it is and doesnt need more requirements added. For that matter, as a more experienced PVPer myself, I dislike the suggested additional requirements because I have yet to see any reason why adding further requirements than we already have is not harmful, but rather necessary or beneficial to the Imperial City as a whole.

    1. Does it have to be in Cyodiil to be part of the campaign or can the code it differently? Can it have it's own server and own population but your AP gained still gains towards your Cyro home campaign as it would be the IC inside it? Do you see beyond black and white?

    2. Tel Var is an added bonus and pvp is in no way dependent on it. Flag flipping is just a way to gain added tel var but beyond that has no real affect on the zone. I"m saying if you add someting like having to be that faction to flip the zone or something could add some extra dynamic but the way people whine about it already, adding anything beyond stand there is beyond most people.

    3. Adding a requirement like home campaign makes it "harder" so it would still work as intended (capturing flags/zones for your faction). You can add some small requirements and maintain the status quo, it doesn't have to be the apocalyptic event your mind is stuck on.

    4. Again he was complaining that that would make the baseline of pvp harder, it wouldn't. Please stop trying to poison the well, you're being very disingenuous here.

    Thank for going into more detail! You have some interesting ideas.

    1. I suspect it would be easier to just make IC its own campaign with its own campaign rewards, since IC Flag captures never had any impact on the Cyrodiil campaign score. I've heard some suggestions for IC having its own campaign, and it seems like a pretty good idea, since AP gains in IC can easily count towards their own leaderboard. Is there a particular reason you want it tied to the 30 day campaigns other than leaderboard/end of campaign rewards?

    2. I think we're just gonna have to disagree on the topic of Tel Var. Its more than an added bonus. It's pretty integral to Imperial City, seeing as how its the city's unique twist on PvPvE and gives players their primary reason to fight each other (especially now with the lack of campaign rewards). Anyway, my original contention was that adding a Tel Var requirement to be able to do activities in IC really takes it out of the "just an added bonus" category, even if I thought that's what it was.

    As for flag flipping, I'm going to be honest, I'm not quite sure what you meant by "if you add someting like having to be that faction to flip the zone or something could add some extra dynamic." Currently, anyone on a different faction can flip flags. What's your idea?

    3. Actually, that seems like a good example of an incentive that doesn't make it harder to do the activity. Currently, the only incentives to capture flags are respawn, AP, and bonus Tel Var. Adding a reason to capture flags for your alliance is an extra incentive to do so, but doesn't increase the difficulty of doing so. This is in contrast to the suggestion that started the whole discussion where we needed to get 5k to 10k Tel Var to even consider touching a flag.

    4. When they said that, they were discussing BNOC's request that IC be made harder by requiring a 5k/10k Tel Var requirement to cap flags. You think that's got nothing to do with baseline PVP. I think flags in IC are pretty well tied to PVP in IC (claiming districts for your faction and granting AP like resources, respawn points, etc), so I disagree.
    But at this point, we've repeated ourselves several times, to the point I think its best we let it drop.

    Finally, I do my best to argue in good faith to the best of my understanding, and assume that you do the same. If you cannot extend the same courtesy to me, I think its best we walk away. On the other hand, if I've been rather more sarcastic to you in past comments than I ought, I'm sorry.
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭
    I have to admit, I'm having a lot more fun than usual this time, compared to years past. I don't know why... the gankers still suck, but I just don't have the energy to care about them. And if they're bad enough to impede me significantly, then I just log off and play on the other server for a while, or do something else instead.
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ill never set foot in IC ever again other than that dumb kill 100 cunning/trove scamps I have every achievement, I have the skin and the pet from the middle sewer fight, the 3 polymorphs you can get from those satchels at the base and I have around 200k tel var left over from last years IC event....
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • BloodSkull_ESO
    i hate this event i hate it even more when i want to get that siegemasters outfit and i can't get it because i cant complete the quests without getting zerged down by ad or ep and they could do us a favor and fix the sewer base camping but they won't because they dont give a *** ***
    Show no mercy, be ruthless in combat so you may win at all costs.
    GM The NonPlusUltra EU/NA
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i hate this event i hate it even more when i want to get that siegemasters outfit and i can't get it because i cant complete the quests without getting zerged down by ad or ep and they could do us a favor and fix the sewer base camping but they won't because they dont give a *** ***

    If the influx of players during the event is giving you problems, the merits will continue to be available after the event. You might find it easier to quest after the event is over and there are less players hoping to take advantage of the double Tel Var.
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭
    i hate this event i hate it even more when i want to get that siegemasters outfit and i can't get it because i cant complete the quests without getting zerged down by ad or ep and they could do us a favor and fix the sewer base camping but they won't because they dont give a *** ***

    But the commendation now and then wait until after the even is over to finish the siege merits. The daily in eleven gardens takes about a minute to clear I'd you have rapids and the horse passive from the DB line. You never have to dismount except for picking up the tar barrel.
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only went in to the sewers for a few minutes just now to get tickets, and came away with almost 3k tel var killing EP and AD trying to farm near DC base. I'm quite enjoying the event :)
    Edited by Marcus684 on September 13, 2019 11:44PM
Sign In or Register to comment.