Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should we change dodge roll for the Jester's festival next year?

pod88kk
pod88kk
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Ok, I know what you're thinking, what is this guy on about? But hear me out. Wouldn't it be fun if instead of a dodge roll during the Jester's festival you did a cartwheel?

Should we change dodge roll for the Jester's festival next year? 81 votes

Yes, cartwheel
79%
vailjohn_ESOHolycannoliVezSaucy_JackWuffyCeruleiNirntrotterixiehellcatlizzieb16_ESOluen79rwb17_ESOIdinuseAhPook_Is_HereMasterSpatulaDagoth_RacdeviousthevileSilverwillowpeacenoteTheShadowScoutZombabe1pod88kkVoodooPlatypus 64 votes
No, keep it as dodge rolls
6%
GilvothAzuryaShadow_AkulablkjagEirinin 5 votes
Other
14%
BigBraggtechnohicFearlessOne_2014InvictusApolloCadburyOrjixDeep_01burty61rpaStormeReignsAraneae6537Hapexamendios 12 votes
  • Deep_01
    Deep_01
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    What!?
    @Deepan on PC-EU
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    How about every time you dodge roll, there's a chance your character will fall flat on his back, temporarily stunned? Kinda like when you're knocked off your mount.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, cartwheel
    Wow what a great idea! If we had this on the Jester personality I'd probably still use it!
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, cartwheel
    Omg cartwheels.

That would be awesome.

Now I've got this mental image of dozens of people cartwheeling around and through each other, like Rick and his holograms when he fought the potus. 45 seconds in on this clip
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cZL9jRutrnY#
    Xbox NA
  • Zombabe1
    Zombabe1
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, cartwheel
    Hahaha that would be hilarious 😁
  • NotaDaedraWorshipper
    NotaDaedraWorshipper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm now disappointed the Jester personality doesn't change the dodge to cartwheeling. :/
    [Lie] Of course! I don't even worship Daedra!
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Who's "we?" Are you a dev for ZOS?
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, cartwheel
    technohic wrote: »
    Who's "we?" Are you a dev for ZOS?

Soooooo...
    Z7HeRxU.png
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, cartwheel
    I'm now disappointed the Jester personality doesn't change the dodge to cartwheeling. :/
    Beat me to it...
    Yeah, there IS a jester personality after all!
    And that one -really- ought to have cartwheels as the "dodge roll" animation for that particular personality...

Hmmm, come to think of it... we could have more personalities in that light. Jester is one, following the "Harlequin" archetype, but there are several other "clown" archetypes I could think of... at the very least we ought to get a "Pierrot" type as well (mime / menancholical clown, often paired with the harlequin type) - having two of themn also would fit very well with a "sheogorath" theme, just sayin...

Oh, well. Maybe in due time...
  • deviousthevile
    deviousthevile
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, cartwheel
    Can't agree more with the notion that a cartwheeling roll dodge would be hilarious to me, as anyone who knows me, knows that I haven't taken off my jester costume (besides for guild pics where they were going for a theme) since 2014. Last year outside Glenumbra at the Jester tent, I loaded my 3 account, all wearing a Royal Jester costume, and had one on a flute, one on a lute and one on the drums. About 40 people came up and tried to interact with me, and many more in zone asking if the event started a day early (did it the day before the event started). One of the funniest moments in my ESO life. I am now and always will be, the self proclaimed 'Jester of Tamriel'!
    CP 1220
    Devious The Vile Lv 50 Stamblade
    The Elven Terror Lv 50 PvP Support Healplar
    Kintao Doombringer Lv 50 MagSorc
    Healz Ur Bum Lv 50 Healplar
    Toby the Fat Node Hunter Lv 50 Stamina DK (Farmer)
    Something Disgusting Lv 50 Stamden
    You Hit my Splodey Button Lv 50 Blazing Shield Templar Tank
    Kyo Kane Lv 50 Magblade
    Watch Me Burn Lv 50 MagDK
    R N Geesus Lv 50 Stamblade
    Rampage the Vile Lv 50 Stamblade
    Backslash Playdead Lv 50 Healcro
    Sallidadna of House Vile Lv 50 Stamcro
    Hand of the Night King Lv 50 Magcro
    Fróstβíté Lv 40 Ice Warden
    Bella av Cava Vile Lv 24 MagSorc
    Storc the Orc Stam Sorc Lv 50 StamSorc

• Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would go full cicero from skyrim with jester outfit i already have the traditional dark brotherhood colours on my jester outfit lol 😂
  • deviousthevile
    deviousthevile
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, cartwheel
    My stamblade jesters are all 4 in Julianos White and Coldharbour Black colors, my magblade is in Juli White and DC Blue, my farming jester is two tone gold (cuz he a ritzy guy) and my pet sorc is Juli white and some kind of red. Yea....i think i have a jester addiction. Definitely thought of Cicero from 'rim when I first saw the outfit, and why it still tickles me to this day to pop out of stealth behind an unsuspecting person from another faction after whispering "AIRBALL!" and then Dizzy Swing them. I know I know, I'm a 34 year old child, but it makes me smile :D
    CP 1220
    Devious The Vile Lv 50 Stamblade
    The Elven Terror Lv 50 PvP Support Healplar
    Kintao Doombringer Lv 50 MagSorc
    Healz Ur Bum Lv 50 Healplar
    Toby the Fat Node Hunter Lv 50 Stamina DK (Farmer)
    Something Disgusting Lv 50 Stamden
    You Hit my Splodey Button Lv 50 Blazing Shield Templar Tank
    Kyo Kane Lv 50 Magblade
    Watch Me Burn Lv 50 MagDK
    R N Geesus Lv 50 Stamblade
    Rampage the Vile Lv 50 Stamblade
    Backslash Playdead Lv 50 Healcro
    Sallidadna of House Vile Lv 50 Stamcro
    Hand of the Night King Lv 50 Magcro
    Fróstβíté Lv 40 Ice Warden
    Bella av Cava Vile Lv 24 MagSorc
    Storc the Orc Stam Sorc Lv 50 StamSorc

• InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Sounds nice but fix lag first.
  • Saucy_Jack
    Saucy_Jack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, cartwheel
    PIE KING APPROVES OF THIS.
    ALL HAIL SNUGGLORR THE MAGNIFICENT, KING OF THE RNG AND NIRN'S ONE TRUE GOD! Also, become a Scrub-scriber! SJ Scrubs: Playing games badly to make you feel better about yourself.
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    Only if you’re using the jester personality.
  • Partomax
    Partomax
    ✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    How about every time you dodge roll, there's a chance your character will fall flat on his back, temporarily stunned? Kinda like when you're knocked off your mount.

That would be funny for the first three times and then rapidly become a very annoying and frustrating. Not to mention it would have a gigantic impact on combat both in PvE and PvP, and not a good one.
    PC/EU - This is a signature
  • phwaap
    phwaap
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, cartwheel
    Like the Dark Wood Grain Ring in DS.
  • Araneae6537
    Araneae6537
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Other
    I’d prefer it be part of particular personalities only and/or optional for everyone during this event. Some of my characters would have fun with that but others are too uptight, lol.
    Edited by Araneae6537 on September 11, 2019 6:00PM
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Other
    It would be fitting and fun as a permanent addition to the Jester's Personality. This would also allow people to choose whether o not they had the animation.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, keep it as dodge rolls
    when does the witches festival start this year?
  • StormeReigns
    StormeReigns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    A literal tumble, a belly flop on to the ground.
  • rpa
    rpa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Other
    How about a sweetroll instead?
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, cartwheel
    Not sure we need to go full cartwheel, though.

source.gif
    Edited by MasterSpatula on September 11, 2019 7:10PM
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • MyKillv2.0
    MyKillv2.0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, cartwheel
    I actually love the idea.

Never gonna happen since... ESO PvP is serious business :D but still, a fun idea.
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes, cartwheel
    Why not? Sounds fun!
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.