Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My Character Killed Herself

Blinkin8r
Blinkin8r
✭✭✭✭✭
I posted about this back in April but got no response from Zos and didn't have the means to upload and share the video. While walking around in Malabal Tor, I came across two trash adds. hit them once and my character locks up, hovers in the air, takes out a knife and then kills herself. Now you can watch it for yourself and let me know what you think. Was this a Game Master? Notice, the Necromancy Synergy Kill Self in the recap does not say who it came from while everything else shows the add who fired the attack. Never seen anything like this. Was just looking for an enchanting survey.

Edit for context: I was in a party with my friend. I told him what happened and he said the move that killed me sounded like something a GM would use. That's why I was talking to the ghost lol. Would really like to figure out what happened here. @ZOS_GinaBruno

[url="http://"]https://youtu.be/eHMFTpEk094[/url]
Edited by Blinkin8r on September 11, 2019 2:38PM
II Blinkin II
Xbox 1 NA
"A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
  • Tasty
    Tasty
    ✭✭
    That is just f'n funny!
    Ta'sty, Tastee, Tastie, Vicodiana, Majesticals, Quakadilly Blip, and a few others.
    TY for the donation!
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    looks like you filled a soul gem though!
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    time is a flat circle

Welcome back to Coldharbour
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok what the heck skill did you use lmao
    IGN: Ki'rah
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guess is that the wormcult npcs have some scripted skill that is set to target “necromancers” in the area. But does not have a criteria set where it only looks for npc necromancers. I am led to this conclusion because the npc on the left casted the same skill as your character did at the same time.
    Edited by umagon on September 11, 2019 2:39PM
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    umagon wrote: »
    My guess that the wormcult npcs have some scripted skill that is set to target “necromancers” in the area. But does not have a criteria set where it only looks for npc necromancers. I am led to this conclusion because the npc on the left casted the same skill as your character did at the same time.

I considered it being some bizarre bug like that but I'm a nightblade. My buddy swears its a Game Master which is why I'm posting it here trying to see why I got auto killed.
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
    "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
  • TheGreatBlackBear
    TheGreatBlackBear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not gonna lie I thought you were trolling when you made that first post a few months ago
    But wow that's crazy.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Definitely an interesting bug. As someone mentioned, one of the NPCs does the same thing as your char at the same time. Judging by the name of the skill, it seems the NPCs have some kind of synergy interaction going on, and for some reason it hits you instead. I don't think I've ever noticed an NPC sacrificing themselves like that though... Is it related to the area? May help to know where this is. Seems related to the story in the area somehow.

Either way, don't let your friend's crazy conspiracy theory get to your head. :D
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if the reason it doesn't say who did it is because you did it to yourself-- not used the synergy on yourself, but died by your own hand because of the synergy?
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Darkdex
    Darkdex
    ✭✭✭
    Da ***?

Ok, that was... Weird.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lmfao
  • magictucktuck
    magictucktuck
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BOSS
    PC-NA

Necromancer

Flawless Conqueror

https://www.magictucktuck.com for my builds and guides!
  • TheGreatBlackBear
    TheGreatBlackBear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel there was an invisible Dev/gamemaster there who wanted those mats. BY ANY MEANS.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't there a Necro skill that trades health for so.e other attribute? I used to kill myself all the time when I used that on my Nightblade, Dark Deal I think it is called for NB's
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Isn't there a Necro skill that trades health for so.e other attribute? I used to kill myself all the time when I used that on my Nightblade, Dark Deal I think it is called for NB's

Dark Deal is a sorc skill I believe. Nightblades have malevolent offering which I don't use or have slotted here. Equalibrium takes health as well but it's impossible to actually kill yourself with it. I think Necros have a skill that costs health but I'm not a necro.
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
  • WoppaBoem
    WoppaBoem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sad, I thought this game didn't push so my much bull *** but still even this game suicide is promoted, great.....
    Xbox EU & NA - PVP Only
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    10/10

That's weird and inexplicable, but very cool. I've never seen anything like this in game.
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WoppaBoem wrote: »
    Sad, I thought this game didn't push so my much bull *** but still even this game suicide is promoted, great.....

How is it promoted? That means they go out of their way to show it, in all my eso years I have NEVER seen this.
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll post the exact location once I'm in game later today but it is one of the two Ayleid ruins on the west half of the map.
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
  • jircris11
    jircris11
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blinkin8r wrote: »
    I'll post the exact location once I'm in game later today but it is one of the two Ayleid ruins on the west half of the map.

This is odd, I have been all over that area no luck. Both on necro and nb both vamps
    Khajiit/Vampire
    DC/AD faction/NA server.
    RPer
  • hakan
    hakan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WoppaBoem wrote: »

what are you on about
  • Blinkin8r
    Blinkin8r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not gonna lie I thought you were trolling when you made that first post a few months ago
    But wow that's crazy.

That's fair lol. Without a video I wouldn't have believed me either.
    II Blinkin II
    Xbox 1 NA
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tagging to follow because whaaaa?
  • Nirntrotter
    Nirntrotter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holy crap, I tend to play late at night and if that suddenly happened to one of my characters I would jump out of my skin. Never seen that before and I've been playing since the start. :s
    Grand Warlord Arodel, Gryphon Heart
    <Serenity>
    AD MagDK, *2014, PC-EU | 49k+ achievement points
  • deviousthevile
    deviousthevile
    ✭✭✭
    That pretty bogus to have it happen, but now that I have seen that, I want an emote made out of it.
    CP 1220
    Devious The Vile Lv 50 Stamblade
    The Elven Terror Lv 50 PvP Support Healplar
    Kintao Doombringer Lv 50 MagSorc
    Healz Ur Bum Lv 50 Healplar
    Toby the Fat Node Hunter Lv 50 Stamina DK (Farmer)
    Something Disgusting Lv 50 Stamden
    You Hit my Splodey Button Lv 50 Blazing Shield Templar Tank
    Kyo Kane Lv 50 Magblade
    Watch Me Burn Lv 50 MagDK
    R N Geesus Lv 50 Stamblade
    Rampage the Vile Lv 50 Stamblade
    Backslash Playdead Lv 50 Healcro
    Sallidadna of House Vile Lv 50 Stamcro
    Hand of the Night King Lv 50 Magcro
    Fróstβíté Lv 40 Ice Warden
    Bella av Cava Vile Lv 24 MagSorc
    Storc the Orc Stam Sorc Lv 50 StamSorc

• RavenSworn
    RavenSworn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feeling its a bug rather than a gm. Basically the boc targeted you as a necromancer and a synergy between the npc occurred.

But lol, that was just funny, I mean, self sacrifice just got a whole lot of weird to it.
    Ingame: RavenSworn, Pc / NA.

Of Wolf and Raven
    Solo / Casual guild for beginners and new players wanting to join the game. Pst me for invite!
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know of this skill: "Kill self". It's a skill that all PvErs use when they enter PvP unprepared. Quite common.
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand saying it's a bug - it's named, it's fully animated. It's meant to happen somewhere in the game. It may be buggy that it's triggering right there, but has anyone seen it elsewhere?
  • macsmooth
    macsmooth
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want this skill when pug running dungeons with fake roles, so I can just kill my self and get it over and done with unless there’s a necromancer in the group that just uses their reanimate ultimate.

Be funny if three people self kill them selves and a necromancer resurrected them with three blastbones, would it be classed as burst damage for PvP and get nerfed next patch or recover their stamina and magicka does this solve the sustain issues people have