The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

My Character Killed Herself

• zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Extremely weird, note that the effect would not be lethal if you had more health as it was 14K hit
    But its more damage than overland enemies outside of world bosses do indicating it was an bug.
    On the other hand that would have happened if you survived?

Had been interesting to see if it could be replicated.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »
    Extremely weird, note that the effect would not be lethal if you had more health as it was 14K hit
    But its more damage than overland enemies outside of world bosses do indicating it was an bug.

The reason it hit for 14k is because that's how much health OP had. 100% sure it scales off max health to be a oneshot.... Given the name.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Raisin wrote: »

The reason it hit for 14k is because that's how much health OP had. 100% sure it scales off max health to be a oneshot.... Given the name.
    Disagree, it was just below 14K but she had some damage and it was two 2K hits on the recap.
    All damage show full damage not just the one needed to kill you so some like the blast from last boss in Falchreach is above 100K damage so it can not be tanked.
    14 K might be the reminding health of the npc it should affect.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    edit
    Edited by Delparis on September 13, 2019 10:22AM
  • Delparis
    Delparis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • bearbelly
    bearbelly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ...indicating it was an bug.

Maybe I've been reading too many dumb posts on the forum and it has dulled my wits, but I'm not understanding the line of thought that it's a bug.

It's a very specific player-character animation. There had to be an intention for it to happen at least occasionally, or it couldn't happen. Animations don't just happen/create themselves out of the Ether, spontaneously and randomly.
    Someone had to design the movement and model it into the pool of possible player-character animations and code a trigger for it to happen to a player-character.
    Even if it's possible for a NPC trigger to get corrupted/bugged so that it targets a player-character (here I am second-guessing my thought-process), the animation itself has to be designed to function on a player-character model.

Or maybe I'm just dain-bramaged (entirely possible given the number of blows to the head I've sustained over my years).

• EmEm_Oh
    EmEm_Oh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WoppaBoem wrote: »
    Sad, I thought this game didn't push so my much bull *** but still even this game suicide is promoted, great.....

Magic involves sacrifice. Suicide is more of a contemporary philosophical argument.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bearbelly wrote: »
    ...indicating it was an bug.

Maybe I've been reading too many dumb posts on the forum and it has dulled my wits, but I'm not understanding the line of thought that it's a bug.

It's a very specific player-character animation. There had to be an intention for it to happen at least occasionally, or it couldn't happen. Animations don't just happen/create themselves out of the Ether, spontaneously and randomly.
    Someone had to design the movement and model it into the pool of possible player-character animations and code a trigger for it to happen to a player-character.
    Even if it's possible for a NPC trigger to get corrupted/bugged so that it targets a player-character (here I am second-guessing my thought-process), the animation itself has to be designed to function on a player-character model.

Or maybe I'm just dain-bramaged (entirely possible given the number of blows to the head I've sustained over my years).
    My argument was what the damage was to high for overland mobs, 14k is something you only get on world bosses and in dungeons. Nor do overland mobs has an one shot mechanic.
    Is this animation used other places by npc?
    I think animations is the same for npc and characters but that they test the ones used by players more as players are more diverse.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Disagree, it was just below 14K but she had some damage and it was two 2K hits on the recap.
    All damage show full damage not just the one needed to kill you so some like the blast from last boss in Falchreach is above 100K damage so it can not be tanked.

I'm guessing it hits for whatever health you have left (or just over)?

Otherwise, if it didn't always kill you, it would be erroneously named, wouldn't it?
    Edited by Tigerseye on September 13, 2019 11:21AM
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »

Otherwise, if it didn't always kill you, it would be erroneously named, wouldn't it?
    She had 10.3K health, then 8K something, then the 14K hit, also shows 3 previous hits in the recap.
    Yes, it might be max health but it makes it pretty unique.
    fall damage scales with health to avoid health tanks to be able to survive too high falls.
    You also has that set from the BG who takes 10% of max health with an HA.
    Don't know others mechanics like this one shots in dungeons tend to be an set damage, just high to avoid tanks to survive if they are supposed to not do.
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭

She had 10.3K health, then 8K something, then the 14K hit, also shows 3 previous hits in the recap.
    fall damage scales with health to avoid health tanks to be able to survive too high falls.
    Don't know others mechanics like this one shots in dungeons tend to be an set damage, just high to avoid tanks to survive if they are supposed to not do.

Waaaaait a second...fall damage isn’t preset!? This suddenly clarifies soooo much for me..... was wondering why I was taking such idiotically high damage for “falling” off ledges I had gone off thousands of times in past....
    To be honest....this is the stupidest thing I think I’ve heard in this game....
    NERF FALL DAMAGE!!!!
    Fall Damage OP!!!
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Waaaaait a second...fall damage isn’t preset!? This suddenly clarifies soooo much for me..... was wondering why I was taking such idiotically high damage for “falling” off ledges I had gone off thousands of times in past....
    NERF FALL DAMAGE!!!!
    Fall Damage OP!!!

Play Bosmer.

We may not have improved stealth anymore, but we still have that.
  • NoTimeToWait
    NoTimeToWait
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, this is awesome! I like such mysteries in games
  • Kuramas9tails
    Kuramas9tails
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is awesome. I don't want ZOS to fix it.
      Your friendly neighborhood crazy cat lady of ESO
      New PSN name: SundariTheLast. Proud seller in RedEye Empire, PURPLE GANG and Backalley Trading.
      AD High Elf Mageblade DPS (General)(Former Empress) -- Stormproof/VMOL, VHOF, VDSA completion
      AD Khajiit Mageblade DPS -- Flawless Conquerer
      FOR THE QUEEN!
      PS4/NA
    • rotaugen454
      rotaugen454
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      You’ve given me a new “achievement” to chase!
      "Get off my lawn!"
    • Hippie4927
      Hippie4927
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭
      According to the OP, this happened in April. Maybe April 1st? Maybe it was an April Fool's joke from one of the OP's addons?
      PC/NA/EP ✌️
    • zaria
      zaria
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

NERF FALL DAMAGE!!!!
      Fall Damage OP!!!
      Fall damage has always been fraction of max health. This is common, WOW has the same system.
      Shields and even block helps reducing it even if the latest is a bit flunky and shields time out.

One tricks is to hit steep surfaces on the way down, surfaces you can not stand on like most steep roofs will not give fall damage but reset distance fallen, this explains why some falls kills are survivable some times.
    • UrQuan
      UrQuan
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Why would you think it was a Game Master?
      What reason would they have to kill a random player?
      I mean, if I was a game master...

But of course, this is why I'm not a game master.
      Caius Drusus Imperial DK (DC)
      Bragg Ironhand Orc Temp (DC)
      Neesha Stalks-Shadows Argonian NB (EP)
      Falidir Altmer Sorcr (AD)
      J'zharka Khajiit NB (AD)
      Isabeau Runeseer Breton Sorc (DC)
      Fevassa Dunmer DK (EP)
      Manut Redguard Temp (AD)
      Tylera the Summoner Altmer Sorc (EP)
      Svari Snake-Blood Nord DK (AD)
      Ashlyn D'Elyse Breton NB (EP)
      Filindria Bosmer Temp (DC)
      Vigbjorn the Wanderer Nord Warden (EP)
      Hrokki Winterborn Breton Warden (DC)
      Basks-in-the-Sunshine Argonian Temp
      Someone stole my sweetroll
    • Raisin
      Raisin
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭

Nah, there's just different ways they code different things. A lot if mechanics intended to be one-shots do get coded as just 100k or 500k or whatever they seem safe. But there are also things that are coded to just kill you by hitting for whatever you need to be hit for (plus s little extra to be safe probably).

(Late to the discussion, sry.)
    • bearbelly
      bearbelly
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      One tricks is to hit steep surfaces on the way down

I kinda do that.
      If I'm in a hurry and don't want to look for a safer route down, I'll just find a nearly vertical surface on a cliff, turn so I'm facing into the cliff and slide down that way. Facing into it seems to slow your descent so that you don't take any damage.
    • cyclonus11
      cyclonus11
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      Following. I want to see what the devs have to say. Hopefully they decide to respond with ... something.
    • SirAndy
      SirAndy
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭

Not really though, player characters share the same skeleton with humanoid NPCs so any animation for a humanoid NPC should work just fine on a humanoid player character.
      shades.gif

• Karivaa
      Karivaa
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Haha that’s awesome!
    • SirMewser
      SirMewser
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Awesome, during National Suicide Prevention Week. :/
    • Aliyavana
      Aliyavana
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      SirMewser wrote: »
      Awesome, during National Suicide Prevention Week. :/

The events of this video occurred prior to the week, and irl is irrelevant to a video game occurance
    • doomette
      doomette
      ✭✭✭✭✭

NERF FALL DAMAGE!!!!
      Fall Damage OP!!!

Play Bosmer.

We may not have improved stealth anymore, but we still have that.

Be warned, if you get used to playing your Bosmer then switch to a different alt, you might find yourself a bit too overconfident with your cliff jumping abilities and *splat*. Not that I’ve done that or anything. ;)
    • ShellaSunshine
      ShellaSunshine
      ✭✭✭
      I watched the video several times and noticed that the ghost just appears out of nowhere but doesn't behave like a normal AI enemy ghost.

Try sending in a support ticket and link the video and ask them what happened because what I see in the video doesn't make sense at all.

I haven't seen any game masters in the game for as long as I have played. They are supposed to have a little z in a box by their name if they are a game master.

It's most likely some weird bug of a worm cult ability that wasn't coded properly.
    • Blinkin8r
      Blinkin8r
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      Hippie4927 wrote: »
      According to the OP, this happened in April. Maybe April 1st? Maybe it was an April Fool's joke from one of the OP's addons?

I play on Xbox One NA. We don't have add ons.
      II Blinkin II
      Xbox 1 NA
      "A man without the sauce is lost, but the same man can become lost in the sauce."
    • max_only
      max_only
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      We need this video meme-ified for the current patch notes I think.
      #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
      #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
      || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
      ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
    • bearbelly
      bearbelly
      ✭✭✭✭✭
      ✭✭
      max_only wrote: »
      We need this video meme-ified for the current patch notes I think.

MibQF6d.gif