The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Do you use banker and/or merchant assistant(s)?

Cirantille
Cirantille
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Tell me why they are useful/useless and your experiences please

I am trying to decide if they are worth to buy

Do you use banker and/or merchant assistant(s)? 229 votes

Only the merchant
4%
JenziMishMash russelmmendozamocapButterbeanscarthalisLanteanPegasusEsoGoingMuzzickInayabakthi 11 votes
Only the banker
14%
lpwaubrey.baconb16_ESOfreespiritanitajoneb17_ESOElsonsoSilverwillowBouldercleaveRastoricNemeliomHowlKimchiListerJMCCzeriEasily_LostNumber_51BomblePantsaLi3nZJolipinatorRaddlemanNumber7Sandman929richo262 34 votes
Both
65%
NestorSirAndydriosketchvailjohn_ESOPinesyGalenDaveMoeDeeDarcyMardinMalnutritionNirntrotterAzuryaZabulusIruil_ESOAimoraquadraxis666AlienSlofDrembo14_ESOSpacegatodanno8static_recharge 151 votes
Nah, none
14%
jnjdun_ESOBigBraggThorntongueDanikatStefacledennissomb16_ESOWolfpawVhozekAhPook_Is_HereEdaphonBashevHvzedaEnemy-of-ColdharbourPaganiniCadburyBananaBeardimusBobby_V_RockitDeep_01SpiderCultist 33 votes
  • Hapexamendios
    Hapexamendios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Both
    Use them mainly when running multiple dungeons or trials in a row and don’t feel like going back to town.

Keep in mind the merchants don’t repair and the bankers only access your bank. No guild banks or stores.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, none
    Nope. Don't see the value until Banker has guild bank / guild store access.

Would then be ace to have in a guild hall to make it a hub etc

Early day before i had max mount slots etc etc perhaps if have found both handy but not for 10k for half a job
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Both
    I use both of them all the time. It's easier than having to go to a main town when you need the bank or vendor. They really come in handy when running dungeons as all group members can use your's if they don't have their own.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, none
    My Capital One Visa is all I need.

I'd probably go for the vendor if he allowed me to repair my gear, though.
    Edited by Cadbury on September 11, 2019 5:03AM
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • VDoom1
    VDoom1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both
    Do you realize how handy they are? Say you're questing and items are just piling up in your inventory, just get the merchant out. Or if you just finished a trial and got some nice gear you want to hold unto, get the banker out.

It saves you from having to travel back and forth to cities all the time.
    Edited by VDoom1 on September 11, 2019 6:08AM
    We Fight For Cyrodiil.
    We fight for The Daggerfall Covenant.
    We fight for The Aldmeri Dominion.
    We fight for The Ebonheart Pact.
    We fight for Tamriel!
    CP 1200+
    Grand Master Crafter | Tamriel Hero
    Imperial Dragonknight
    Khajiit Necromancer
    Altmer Templar | Dunmer Nightblade
    Khajiit Nightblade | Argonian Dragonknight
    Altmer Sorcerer | Breton Nightblade
    Nord Warden | Dunmer Sorcerer
    Guild - Priests Of Hircine
    ESO Since 2014
    PC - EU
  • Darkenarlol
    Darkenarlol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both
    if you feel that your time worth something

they totally worth it.

• mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, none
    My bags are full sometimes but it is ok to just travel to a city or find a wandering merchant. Selling is not the problem, it is rather about decon items. Cant do that outside of a city/town.
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nah, none
    Too expensive, and I also dislike their looks.
  • kinguardian
    kinguardian
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only the banker
    I only use the banker because it is easy to get rid of stuff when your full up. I would like to be able to access the guild to but it doesn't bother me a lot to be honest.

I don't have the merchant because I really dislike that I can not repair my armour also I don't know if there is a difference in the amount of money you get for your sales as is the case with the fence.

And I never use the fence because they give not the same amount of money. Which really pisses me of.
  • AntonShan
    AntonShan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Both
    Both on PC/NA, none (currently) on PC/EU
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only the banker
    I use the banker only currently.
    If its possible to gift it, maybe next time I make millions of gold I will buy some crowns for the merchant.
  • Czeri
    Czeri
    ✭✭✭✭
    Only the banker
    The banker is a real quality of life improvement. It can help you empty your inventory if you're in a dungeon or the wilderness, it helps with crafting writs (if you don't have ESO+ bag), it makes a lot more locations convenient bases for doing and handing in crafting writs by removing the need for the bank to be near the crafting stations...

I don't see the point of the merchant.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Both
    My merchant is one of the best things I ever bought. Nuzimah accompanies me everywhere, from the wilds of Tamriel to the depths of the darkest dungeon - fearless and with a shield skill I would give my eye teeth to have.

This is because I am a bit of a hoader with inventory management problems - also I play pve AND pvp so end up with a lot of siege equipment lurking in my bag.

Recently bought the cute cat banker, and while not as useful out in the wilds as usually at max level, do have in my homes and do use when sorting stuff out / transferring gear between characters.

So in my opinion, both worth it, but the merchant better if can only afford one.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Both
    For those that are saying they need to go to town to decon items - you do know that there are crafting stations out in the wilds? There are at least 3 to an area - they are the named set stations but you can still decon items there.
  • phwaap
    phwaap
    ✭✭✭
    Both
    But only because I basically got them for free.
  • FearlessOne_2014
    FearlessOne_2014
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both
    I use both for nearly everyday. They make life in ESO much more easier. I don't have to go back to town.

However I do wish ZOS allowed us to repair and use guild store from them.
  • Runschei
    Runschei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only the banker
    I want the kitty cat
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, none
    I've considered buying the banker, but with 200 inventory slots per character and only about 15 full when they head out it takes a long time to fill up their inventory so I'd only need it occasionally (often I've completed a few quests and circled back to town before filling it up) and it just doesn't seem worth the price.

I'd never buy the merchant because I send any weapons, armour or jewellery I don't need to my crafter to deconstruct so I only sell the junk items, and I only get about 3-4 of those (stacked up) at a time.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both
    I have them both, in addition to all crafting stations, right next to the door in my house, where I park all my characters.
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Both
    Both very useful. You can access/use them anywhere except PvP.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am surprised to see so many people have them.
    Honestly the reason I asked this question, I have 7 chars and recently I kept running between banks, towns and merchants so I was wondering how convenient these cats are :D
  • Zabulus
    Zabulus
    ✭✭✭
    Both
    Using both 24/7.
    Best crown items.
  • Nirntrotter
    Nirntrotter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both
    Personally I find the merchant's untility very lacking, so if you're only planning on getting one right now I'd definitely go for the banker. Especially if you have a lot of alts. Makes shifting items and money a breeze!
    Grand Warlord Arodel, Gryphon Heart
    <Serenity>
    AD MagDK, *2014, PC-EU | 49k+ achievement points
  • AcadianPaladin
    AcadianPaladin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both
    The banker is more useful to me since I can put stuff I want to sell and grind up in the bank and completely empty my inventory of anything that builds up while adventuring. The banker's limits are that he cannot access guild banks and will not summon into Cyrodiil.

The merchant is less useful since 'to sell' stuff out in the field can just be placed in the bank. The merchant's limits are that she cannot repair and will not summon into Cyrodiil.

I've had ESO+ for over 3 years and, as my crowns gradually built up to where 5k was manageable, I got the banker. Then, as my crowns built up again, I got the merchant.

I'm happy with both. In practice, my biggest complaint is that the merchant cannot repair.
    PC NA(no Steam), PvE, mostly solo
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both
    Both. Banker more so. Having the mobile banker alone saves me time each and every time I do writs, to pull out the provisioning and alchemy writs, and to deposit the rewards. I do writs on 36 characters. I estimate between 15 - 30 minutes a day saved. Well worth it.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Inaya
    Inaya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only the merchant
    I'm glad I didn't get one before the kitties came out
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both
    After 2 years of purchasing nothing in the store I had nearly 40k Crowns saved up. So I figured what the heck and bought both. Have been using them both less than I expected I would though.
  • jlmurra2
    jlmurra2
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both
    Yes, they are both very helpful.
  • peacenote
    peacenote
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Both
    Got them immediately when they were available. I am glad I did -- I use them all the time!
    My #1 wish for ESO Today: Decouple achievements from character progress and tracking.
    • Advocate for this HERE.
    • Want the history of this issue? It's HERE.
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both
    It's great to put them in your house if you run a guild. Very convenient for your members.