Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Flag Bosses

generalmyrick
generalmyrick
✭✭✭✭✭
Why were the made so strong!?

this is NOT a complaint = just looking for something to take the sting out of the repeated deaths! :-)
"The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • Maikon
    Maikon
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're talking about the IC bosses, 1 flag is for around 4 players, 2 flags are for 4 high skilled players or 6+ regular players.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what's truly painful is how god awful long they take to flip when you're playing solo...

seriously, it feels like the mechanic is set up to penalize solo play...

not asking for the same flag flip timer from domination in battlegrounds - but, having to stand in IC alone at a flag while staring at an enemy platform is agonizing...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flag guards are can be handled solo without trouble once you get a routine down. Unlike most of the rest of the game, there are some mechanics that one must learn to do so.

Edit: Thanks to ToRelax, I now realize you are probably not referencing Cyrodiil/IC District capturable flag guards. Do you mean the bosses that patrol the sewers with a flag/banner attached to them?
    Edited by zyk on August 1, 2017 2:41AM
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I love how everyone is talking about different things. :)
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you think they're tough now, you should have seen them when IC was first released... ;)
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    Flag guards are can be handled solo without trouble once you get a routine down. Unlike most of the rest of the game, there are some mechanics that one must learn to do so.

Edit: Thanks to ToRelax, I now realize you are probably not referencing Cyrodiil/IC District capturable flag guards. Do you mean the bosses that patrol the sewers with a flag/banner attached to them?

yeap
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • ShawnLaRock
    ShawnLaRock
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wondering - b/c they seem to take so long to kill - is the time it takes to down ‘em even really worth the reward - vs just letting them pass and farming other enemies? They remember me & chase with mobs even after successfully sneaking / being hidden. Why am I always the group target / martyr? Haha.

S.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maikon wrote: »
    If you're talking about the IC bosses, 1 flag is for around 4 players, 2 flags are for 4 high skilled players or 6+ regular players.

This. They are intended to be a challenge and something that even a group would want to decide if they want to dive in or go around. That is good for a game.

I do see someone suggesting they should be nerfed. We do not need to nerf everything so it is as easy as overland PvE zones.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are we talking... Ah nevermind I've soloed everything in IC except of molag which is simply to long and boring to do... IC is a walk in a park now, when it was released though... Well getting through sewers was really awesome, at least I felt the threat.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Coldharbour Elite Guard is their official name, Banner Bosses is what most people call them on Xbox NA.
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Are we talking... Ah nevermind I've soloed everything in IC except of molag which is simply to long and boring to do... IC is a walk in a park now, when it was released though... Well getting through sewers was really awesome, at least I felt the threat.

Some of the stuff is pretty tough to solo in No CP after the recent buffs. Have you tried that? If you're looking for a solo challenge that doesn't take all day, see if you can take down the Mad Ogre in Wrothgar on a Melee Stam character. To my knowledge it hasn't been done.

Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Coldharbour Elite Guard is their official name, Banner Bosses is what most people call them on Xbox NA.

Some of the stuff is pretty tough to solo in No CP after the recent buffs. Have you tried that? If you're looking for a solo challenge that doesn't take all day, see if you can take down the Mad Ogre in Wrothgar on a Melee Stam character. To my knowledge it hasn't been done.

Well I'm not seeking that kind of challenge - to do something on a specific type of character. I do all I can on my main + I do this kind of PvE stuff only when I'm extremely bored I prefer to hunt players. It's also worth to note that I solo those things on my PvP builds ;)

I did soloed on noCP every upper IC boss except of Ysonda which is pain in the a... even on CP to solo because of those orbs. Need to try with patrolling terrors on noCP to ;)
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Urzigurumash
    Urzigurumash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well I'm not seeking that kind of challenge - to do something on a specific type of character. I do all I can on my main + I do this kind of PvE stuff only when I'm extremely bored I prefer to hunt players. It's also worth to note that I solo those things on my PvP builds ;)

I did soloed on noCP every upper IC boss except of Ysonda which is pain in the a... even on CP to solo because of those orbs. Need to try with patrolling terrors on noCP to ;)

I would think Mad Ogre is a tough solo on any build - there is a video on youtube of I think a MagSorc soloing him however.

Ysenda is a Patrolling Horror - I think you mean the Coldharbour Elite Guard. I also confused these two in the past. The Frost Mage Elite Guards, Krosogar, Pahtrok, etc., seem pretty tough in No CP, but I'm melee Stam, they might be easier if you can keep some distance.

Xbox NA AD / Day 1 ScrubDK / Wood Orc Cuisine Enthusiast