Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

so, do you hate imperial city yet?

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DrSweetazz wrote: »
    IC was my favorite dlc release and gave me some of my favorite gaming memories with friends stalking people in the sewers. Having it as populated as it is makes it feel a lot like it did back when it launched.

It's not for everyone, I get it. But if you prepare and accept that you're gonna get killed (including myself in this), you'll have a fun time. IC is where I cut my teeth on 1vX Gameplay.

Being killed even 10x killing could even be interesting. Not coming close to that now.

This is a major flaw with most MMO PvP systems. Almost impossible to get good unless you are already good with the basic twitch skills.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Hazurko_RaShan
    Hazurko_RaShan
    ✭✭✭
    There's an event going on?
  • StormChaser3000
    StormChaser3000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Made a bow ganker. Ganked a grand overlord tonight who was distracted by a group of other players and got the achievement.
    It's quite fun so far. Come, and join the dark side :D
  • GusTheWizard
    GusTheWizard
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, you probably gank people like me who just want the stupid tickets they put behind a PvP wall.

You can also get the tickets in white gold tower or imperial city prison both which are pve.

If you’re going into a pvp zone and expecting other players not to kill you, you obviously don’t understand what PVP stands for.
  • SeanBlader
    SeanBlader
    ✭✭✭
    Wing wrote: »
    how long before you said "F this" and left IC

Saw the popup in game about "Imperial City" and closed it never to look back. I don't PvP.
  • Hazurko_RaShan
    Hazurko_RaShan
    ✭✭✭
    SeanBlader wrote: »

Saw the popup in game about "Imperial City" and closed it never to look back. I don't PvP.

ah ok. but it's free.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for all you that just got it free and got to experience it first hand how did you like it?

gankers, hunter kill BG groups chasing down solo pve players, raids hiding in stealth waiting to jump groups.

how long before you raged.

if your wondering, it has never been good, this is as good as it gets, it will never be enjoyable, other pvp modes are far more fun so I recommend joining in on BG's or cyro, IC is trash, end.

Disagree.
    Best zone, best event.

Only hybrid zone in game, we have a zillion PvE. Leave it be.
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Altaire
    Altaire
    ✭✭✭
    But it's so FUN!!
    Ganking ppl trying to do quest, questions is do ya let them finish quest to get more Farting Stones or whatever their called.
  • Holycannoli
    Holycannoli
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    RBaltimore wrote: »
    Went back in during PC NA "prime time" and couldn't even get out of base area. Couple of players from another alliance were attacking and killing before we could even get into the sewers proper. Died and went back out several times. Didn't really mind all the deaths just wished I could have at least gotten to kill something so they got some Tel Var out of it :)

Queue for a different campaign when that happens. There are four of them right now. You don't have to put up with that.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love Imperial City, but not this week. I'll be spending as little time there as possible until this enormous cluster *** is over and things can get back to normal.
    PC EU
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do either WGT or ICP dungeons for your tickets. Problem solved.
  • Ysbriel
    Ysbriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Imperial City IS the best PvP zone.
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for all you that just got it free and got to experience it first hand how did you like it?

gankers, hunter kill BG groups chasing down solo pve players, raids hiding in stealth waiting to jump groups.

how long before you raged.

if your wondering, it has never been good, this is as good as it gets, it will never be enjoyable, other pvp modes are far more fun so I recommend joining in on BG's or cyro, IC is trash, end.

I actually quite enjoy the challenge of occasionally heading into IC as a solo player. I particularly enjoyed killing the boss just before a guild of about 20 poured in... and I got away :)
  • redgreensunset
    redgreensunset
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spent exactly 7 minutes in there before noping out. Not touching this again ever and if I get the free version it's for the dungeons only.
  • Diarf
    Diarf
    ✭✭✭
    No.
    Not at lunch.
    Not now.
  • MajBludd
    MajBludd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm not going because I hate my op pve build being destroyed in pvp ;)
  • eklhaftb16_ESO
    eklhaftb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nah, I don't hate it as such, it is interesting and there could be some fun in it if I were in mood for it. What I don't appreciate is the mechanic that gives the event tickets. Yesterday, I've been wandering the city for a hour, but the only boss mob I've found didn't give any tickets at all.

There's only so much time to play every day. I can't really afford to burn a hour on a daily event and get nothing out of it.
  • Girl_Number8
    Girl_Number8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I have to disagree with you Op. I have been having a hella of a fun time!! I either 1 v X or 2 v X in everything but Bgs when it comes to playing PvP. Though with Imp City we went 2 v X, killing the campers, monsters, and anything that pretty much said hello. Yes, we are very experienced players....

Then a cute thing happened, as I noticed more and more PvErs were following us around. It was like leading them safely through a hostile land. A whole new game mode 'Keep the Villagers Alive'. I absolutely loved it!!!

After they saw things and other players being obliterated, they got to feeling more and more happy, from what I could tell. Which made me happy too. :)

*I am not a new player and I have been playing since beta but it was my first time 'Saving the Pvers in imp city'. Which worked out great, since they would aggro everything, including enemy players.

The best part was taking lots of tel from greedy gankers that didn't realize we could see them.

*I was not on a Nightblade, though I have nothing against them. In fact, when I do hop on my magblade, I do every so often enjoy setting that one up as a bomber. :*

In the end it's a game, I never raged playing it. I have gotten upset at the constant stupid nerfs, the game's performance, and Zos's lack of being on top of that, never raged though. But this event is fun and off to a great start.

Tltr : It's a game, so you're either having fun or not. If not, then do something else.
    Edited by Girl_Number8 on September 6, 2019 10:08AM
  • SeaGtGruff
    SeaGtGruff
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try the sewers instead, and go after one of the group bosses (the ones at the crossed-swords map icons). The one closest to your alliance base will be quickest and easiest to get to, and there will likely be other players from your alliance waiting for the boss to respawn, so it should be an easy kill, although you might have to wait there for a little while until the boss does respawn. Make sure you loot the boss's corpse to get the tickets.
    I've fought mudcrabs more fearsome than me!
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I refuse to even step foot in there...

But step zerg? Maybe.
  • Vhozek
    Vhozek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normies mad
    𝗡𝗼𝘁 𝘀𝗼𝗿𝗿𝘆, 𝗺𝗼𝗱𝘀. 𝗙𝗿𝗲𝗲 𝗕𝗶𝗿𝗱 𝘄𝗮𝘀 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴.
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    IC was made for NBs to have fun.
    Do not go there with other classes - or play in a group...
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was interested but my ping never dropped under 400, i lost interest
  • Eirinin
    Eirinin
    ✭✭✭✭
    There is probably a fortune to be made for a good pvp guild offering bodyguard and tour guide services for pve folks just wanting a daily ticket tour.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This imperial city event is the most fun I had on eso pvp in a long time just like the good old days nice nostalgia feeling to. Now rather then do a crying thread because your struggling you could always look to YouTube for pvp builds and practice pvp because you know it’s a pvp event. 😎
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gariele wrote: »
    Today was the busiest I’ve ever seen it. Had some fun fights. Killed, died, got my tickets. Was a lot of fun. If you’re after TV during this event you’re probably going to have a bad time. If you’re after just some goofy fun then hang on cause it’s wild
    I have a strict bank at 10k tel ver rule 😂
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The only thing I hate is the lag.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • Diarf
    Diarf
    ✭✭✭

Lol, no.
  • Deathlord92
    Deathlord92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually templar is meta. If your struggling against nb still even after class breaking nerfs you got l2p issues you can only help yourself. 👍
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IC is, or at least was, the best addition to any game ever IMO. I am very fond of that content, solo or not solo all my fondest memories come from that zone. From great scores of tel var, to great skirmish’s with other factions, to making great escapes from large hordes of yellow and blue. The zone isn’t like anything I ever played at the time it released.
    Its great for farming, great for fighting, has a great atmosphere, and unique feel to it.

Don’t know why people never liked it. But I guess dying in a video game can be too much for some people to have to deal with.
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
This discussion has been closed.