Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Death to traitors!

• InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    Impossible. Faction locks ended all trolling.
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    LOLthis story is a fantasy, faction lock stops these shananigans.
    Hashtag_ wrote: »
    Yeah no way this happens anymore with faction lock. I’m going to call BS.
    Spies? In a faction locked campaign? No! That's impossible.
    Absurd this isn’t even possible with faction locks. Now we are all jolly good fellows who sit around camp fires and exchange war stories.
    bakermir wrote: »
    What do you mean there are spies?

FACTION LOCK fixed it all :trollface:

Lol @ all the most vocal anti faction lock lobbyists. Congrats. You found a thread that proves that it didn’t stop ALL cross faction shenanigans, even though we all knew it wouldn’t. It’s good to have a hobby. 😂

Haha brilliant! And spot on.

OP didn't even state he was in a faction locked campaign is the best part. What id give for this to have been on 7 day CP lol

Why would he state that which is most probable? 7 day campaigns are almost empty so it is obvious that we assume this happened in a faction locked campaign.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by dtsharples on September 1, 2019 11:24PM
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, the forum rule against naming-and-shaming exists.

Last night, a small group of us (4) hopped on our Nightblades with the intent of harassing the enemy, getting a feel for the new patch, and introducing a new player to Cyrodiil. We were having fun going against a group of very competent AD players of about equal numbers, until someone from our alliance showed up and started leading the ADs to us while we were in stealth.

I get that "all's fair" in warfare, but IRL the guy would have been hanged/shot for treason if he weren't fragged in the field.

That got me thinking that maybe Cyrodiil should be changed so that standard stealth rules also apply to members of your own alliance that are not in your group. It would be a relatively simple way to stop this type of cheating without the need to report players for doing it.

Thoughts?

IRL that guy would've become war hero that bravely risked his life to help right side of the conflict. Winners write the history and he was helping winners to win.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indeed.
    Keep on supporting silly little 'men' and subterfuge.
    IRL That gimp would have been butt ***
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Absurd this isn’t even possible with faction locks. Now we are all jolly good fellows who sit around camp fires and exchange war stories.

Lol @ all the most vocal anti faction lock lobbyists. Congrats. You found a thread that proves that it didn’t stop ALL cross faction shenanigans, even though we all knew it wouldn’t. It’s good to have a hobby. 😂

Mate, I hate to tell you, but it's stopped SFA of the shenanigans that afflict PvP in this game. As predicted.

Map also changes to one colour off peak, and stays that way. As predicted.

Pop has fallen to zero bars across all 3 factions in off peak. As predicted.

Primetime is starting later and ending earlier. As predicted.

The most toxic people in zone are still the faction loyalists. As predicted.

RP lovers are still cheering in the sound of nails getting hammered into the PvP coffin. As. F-ing. Predicted.

Beardimus wrote: »

Haha brilliant! And spot on.

OP didn't even state he was in a faction locked campaign is the best part. What id give for this to have been on 7 day CP lol

Yeah, but you know it wasn't because the OP described two groups being present....

Edited by Mr_Walker on September 2, 2019 2:38AM
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    These always make me :D

Thanks. I'm sure that was your goal, right?
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That got me thinking that maybe Cyrodiil should be changed so that standard stealth rules also apply to members of your own alliance that are not in your group. It would be a relatively simple way to stop this type of cheating without the need to report players for doing it.

Thoughts?

As you see.. they just brag or use your topic to push the no-lock agenda.

However, i would go one step further. In PvE and PvP stealth should be stealth to everyone. Either they are in your group, then you can read their text or, if you use it, can hear the voice. Otherwise noone is able to see you. Not in Cyrodiil and not in a simple solo delve.

There is a reason why detection exits. And detection should be the only counter to stealth.
  • InvictusApollo
    InvictusApollo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mague wrote: »

Thoughts?

However, i would go one step further. In PvE and PvP stealth should be stealth to everyone. Either they are in your group, then you can read their text or, if you use it, can hear the voice. Otherwise noone is able to see you. Not in Cyrodiil and not in a simple solo delve.

There is a reason why detection exits. And detection should be the only counter to stealth.

Yes! Because IRL when two soldiers sneak together, they can't see eachother!
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only one would survive
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    to your question - should we be able to stealth from allies...

I'd vote yes...although I've used my own stealthed allies to fight against other enemies...
    Edited by geonsocal on September 3, 2019 3:05AM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    mague wrote: »

Thoughts?

Yes! Because IRL when two soldiers sneak together, they can't see eachother!

Unless they happen to gain really good eyesight when they're sneaking. Apparently that's a thing.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I´d rat you out aswell.

Go pvelands if you want to harass something. Other people are trying to have fun in the game. Trying to make another person not have fun in a game on purpose is probably the most despicable a player can do.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was in the 7-day, so no faction lock. I guess I should have explicitly stated that to prevent people from making an incorrect assumption.
    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP
  • GimpyPorcupine
    GimpyPorcupine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe don't play with the explicit intent of harassment.

Some people who play this game actually have a little bit of sportsmanship. The players on other factions aren't actually your enemy, they are just regular people playing on a different team.

Even to make a parallel about shooting or hanging someone... just because they interrupted your trolling/griefing session?

Yikes.
    Derra wrote: »
    I´d rat you out aswell.

Go pvelands if you want to harass something. Other people are trying to have fun in the game. Trying to make another person not have fun in a game on purpose is probably the most despicable a player can do.

Apparently, I need to define the word "harassment" in this context.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skirmisher

Edited for spelling

Edited by GimpyPorcupine on September 3, 2019 3:07PM
    8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 20 Characters, all DC, all Level 50. +2200CP
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction loyalty is for roleplayers, free pvp.
  • ScruffyWhiskers
    ScruffyWhiskers
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction loyalty is for roleplayers, free pvp.

Your argument lacks grammatical integrity as well as persuasive cogency.

Blood for the Pact!
  • ks888
    ks888
    ✭✭✭✭
    But, but, faction locks fixed all griefing and trolling right?

Faction locks are meaningless as long as whisper function, Discord, TeamSpeak, cell phones, etc. exist

DC NA - Norri - Khole RIP - [Mostly Outnumbered]** I have too many toons **RIP every alt I deleted - where am I? what year is it?
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nobody ever said this thing happened on faction locked campaign. But since we are at it, at least on locked campaign it wouldn't be possible. Glad we can see another evidence that faction lock is needed and healthy for gameplay because there are still people who would do anything to ruin experience for others.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Nobody ever said this thing happened on faction locked campaign. But since we are at it, at least on locked campaign it wouldn't be possible.

Yes, it's impossible for people to communicate outside the voice channel for group....

• Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Nobody ever said this thing happened on faction locked campaign. But since we are at it, at least on locked campaign it wouldn't be possible.

Yes, it's impossible for people to communicate outside the voice channel for group....

LOL? The restriction is not put on communication, it's put on being able to switch factions duh, you don't need a voice com to be a... toxic player, you need someone who will sacrifice his ability to play on the side of his faction.
    If the dude logged on his EP/DC char he will be forced to stay like this, meaning he won't be able to do anything for his faction except of those troll actions. In the end they've lost a player.

Yes it's still possible to troll and being toxic, but not as easy as it used to be and this is proven in game, since such behaviour is now much much harder to experience.

I don't give a F about points, faction loyalty etc. I just don't like cheating: AP farming, swapping chars to take the scroll to troll/loose it on purpose, chat spaming to enrage people etc. etc. All of those could be seen at least few times per week, now are extremely rare. You may say what you want but facts are now those campaigns are healthier. Differences in points are marginal, factions are pretty balanced. This month on PC EU noCP campaign AD which was winning for a few months is last, many players swapped to other factions and guess what? Nobody gives a F. We still enjoy playing and having fun.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Dreyloch
    Dreyloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tsuriel wrote: »

2 accounts?

My retort exactly. I knew a player some time ago that actually had like 5 different individual accounts.../shrug
    "The fear of Death, is often worse than death itself"
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

there are enough players with multiple accounts, so that change was only for a minority................