Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• NA megaservers login – October 16,  6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers login – October 16,  6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – October 16,  6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
Update 24 and the Dragonhold DLC Game Pack are both now available for testing on the PTS! Experience the amazing conclusion to the Season of the Dragon saga. You can find the full patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Death to traitors!

GimpyPorcupine
GimpyPorcupine
✭✭✭✭
Unfortunately, the forum rule against naming-and-shaming exists.

Last night, a small group of us (4) hopped on our Nightblades with the intent of harassing the enemy, getting a feel for the new patch, and introducing a new player to Cyrodiil. We were having fun going against a group of very competent AD players of about equal numbers, until someone from our alliance showed up and started leading the ADs to us while we were in stealth.

I get that "all's fair" in warfare, but IRL the guy would have been hanged/shot for treason if he weren't fragged in the field.

That got me thinking that maybe Cyrodiil should be changed so that standard stealth rules also apply to members of your own alliance that are not in your group. It would be a relatively simple way to stop this type of cheating without the need to report players for doing it.

Thoughts?

8-hr/day casual gamer on Xbox NA. 18 Characters, all DC, 17 Level 50. +1200CP
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Last night, a small group of us (4) hopped on our Nightblades with the intent of harassing the enemy, getting a feel for the new patch, and introducing a new player to Cyrodiil. We were having fun going against a group of very competent AD players of about equal numbers, until someone from our alliance showed up and started leading the ADs to us while we were in stealth.

I get that "all's fair" in warfare, but IRL the guy would have been hanged/shot for treason if he weren't fragged in the field.

That got me thinking that maybe Cyrodiil should be changed so that standard stealth rules also apply to members of your own alliance that are not in your group. It would be a relatively simple way to stop this type of cheating without the need to report players for doing it.

Thoughts?

Get a friend on AD, get him on discord, then gank their scout while they stand around helpless.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    There's always some gimp who feels the need to suck off the other faction to get brown-nose points :)

I’m always grateful when another faction guildie points me in the directions of a hiding weenie. I for one don’t feel like walking keep to keep being stuck in combat. I’d rather ride my reskinned mount but to each their own ig.
  • KingExecration
    KingExecration
    ✭✭✭✭
    dtsharples wrote: »
    I’m always grateful when another faction guildie GIMP points me in the directions of a hiding weenie. I for one don’t feel like walking keep to keep being stuck in combat. I’d rather ride my reskinned mount but to each their own ig.

Don't forget to give that gimp a lil treat, maybe slip him a sausage ;)
    If you need to rely on subterfuge to survive in cyrodiil you should probably stick to pve.

Hilarious. Glad I don’t crouch walk everywhere I go in Cyro. Whatever helps you sleep at night tho. If you see me in Cyrodiil please show me your skills and how I belong in “pve.” Until then I’ll be stuck in combat because somebody is afraid of a 1v1.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you need to rely on subterfuge to survive in cyrodiil you should probably stick to pve.

• BaiterOfZergs
    BaiterOfZergs
    ✭✭✭
    Absurd this isn’t even possible with faction locks. Now we are all jolly good fellows who sit around camp fires and exchange war stories.
    Zerg of House Smallscale, First of his name, wielder of Volendrung, battleground hero, Cyrodiil butcher, the swifft footed, OG of the Templars and first pvpers, defender of scrolls and baiter of zergs.
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭

Thoughts?

Its a video game, albeit a very lop sided video game none the less its just a game. "Loyalty" is irrelevant. AVA colors mean nothing.

Calling some one a spy reminds me of when a player gets killed by 2 people and then says he got zerged down.

[Edit to remove real-world politics]
    Edited by ZOS_AntonioP on August 31, 2019 6:35PM
  • winged_tortoise
    It’s like stealing signs in baseball, it really pisses people off and yet is as old as the game and is a part of it.
    Edited by winged_tortoise on August 31, 2019 5:27AM
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think traitors need a good spanking and no dessert after dinner.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Tsuriel
    Tsuriel
    ✭✭✭
    bakermir wrote: »
    What do you mean there are spies?

FACTION LOCK fixed it all :trollface:

2 accounts?
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Put their head on a stick
  • J18696
    J18696
    ✭✭✭
    Impossible. Faction locks ended all trolling.

Indeed the locks stopped all the trolling
    PC NA Server
    Guilds
    Fairweather Friends
    ALLEGIANCE

Jayoné Mag Nb lvl 50 Jayone Mag Dk lvl 50 Jayonè Stam Sorc lvl 50 Æterna Stam Temp lvl 50 Pridē Stam Dk lvl 50
    Echó Mag Temp lvl 50 Woè Stam Dk lvl 30
    Pride Stam Dk lvl 50 Æternā Stam Temp lvl 50 Le Pride Stam Warden lvl 50

• Minnesinger
    Minnesinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Night blades in stealth got exposed. All is fair when dealing with these sneaky rats. At least, gank alone that is more decent action to do.
    Sword and shield and jackboot heel
    We love to kill, we love to kill
    We love to taste our own blood
    Squirm in our own gore
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Often stealth players that are not grouped work together. When taking or defending a keep I like to hunt those in sneak and sometimes find others doing the same. Obviously we are in sneak most of the time and it is not uncommon for us to keep an eye out on the others for possible targets. It works well.
    Really, idk
  • Sanctum74
    Sanctum74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Faction lock or not, some of us just want to expose people that hide and only want to help when they outnumber the enemy.
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    TRAITORS MUST DIE !
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Marcus684 wrote: »
    Impossible. Faction locks ended all trolling.
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    LOLthis story is a fantasy, faction lock stops these shananigans.
    Hashtag_ wrote: »
    Yeah no way this happens anymore with faction lock. I’m going to call BS.
    Spies? In a faction locked campaign? No! That's impossible.
    Absurd this isn’t even possible with faction locks. Now we are all jolly good fellows who sit around camp fires and exchange war stories.
    bakermir wrote: »
    What do you mean there are spies?

FACTION LOCK fixed it all :trollface:

Lol @ all the most vocal anti faction lock lobbyists. Congrats. You found a thread that proves that it didn’t stop ALL cross faction shenanigans, even though we all knew it wouldn’t. It’s good to have a hobby. 😂

Haha brilliant! And spot on.

OP didn't even state he was in a faction locked campaign is the best part. What id give for this to have been on 7 day CP lol
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus - VR16 (810CP) Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-02-18 - 16-02-18 & Sheogorath 02-05-19 - 07-05-19
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus - Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus - Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting for : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Lunar Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | TradersOfNirn2
    Trials : Saviours

Xbox One | NA | EP